Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
View Poll Results: Choose your favorite story ending!
Entry #1 - A New Neighbor 2716.77%
Entry #2 - Funtastic Food Adventure 116.83%
Entry #3 - A Humvee For Winnie 4829.81%
Entry #4 - Yard Sale 3219.88%
Entry #5 - ChocoWhat? 4326.71%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2007, 06:54 PM   #1
WIgivez

WINNIE is just really niceWINNIE is just really nice

Default VOTE - ONCE UPON A TIME - Adult Entries

Here are the adult entries for my ‘Once Upon A Time’ contest and boy do they rock! Every week my job just gets harder and harder - WI members are just too creative!! Anyway, enough from me - here are the stories.

All stories are being posted without spelling or grammar changes.

Remember:

You can only vote once.

No voting for yourself.

PLEASE don't tell who you voted for - it may sway other members when they vote.
Poll will close on Sun., Aug. 5th at 11:59 pm and winners will be announced Mon., Aug. 6th.

Entry #1 – A New Neighbor

The morning sun was shining brightly through the windows of Winnie’s bedroom. Winnie slowly opened her sleepy eyes. She stretched her arms and legs, and wiggled her long floppy ears. All at once, she hopped on top of her covers and exclaimed, “Good morning, Sunshine! Isn’t it a beautiful day?”

Today was Saturday and Winnie LOVED Saturday! It was her ‘Whatever Winnie Wants’ day and yesterday, Winnie had decided that this Saturday, she wanted to bake treats to take to all of her friends in Webkinz World.

Winnie hurried and got herself dressed and headed to the kitchen. She had big plans for her blender and sandwich maker today! First things first, Winnie decided she needed to check her supply of ingredients. She checked the fridge and it was kind of bare. Then she crossed her fingers as she opened all of the kitchen cabinets – they were emptier than the refrigerator. “Hmmm…” Winnie thought. “What to do…what to do…?”

“Oh well…I guess I am off to the W-Shop” thought Winnie. She made a list of all the supplies she thought she might need and then headed out. She was almost to the W-Shop when she ran into her newest neighbor Hershey Kiss, a charming Chocolate Lab. Hershey Kiss was standing in her yard watching a new room being built onto her house.

“Hello!” said Winnie, “doing a little redecorating?”

“Hi Winnie” said Hershey Kiss. “Well, I bought a hot tub from Arte at the Curio Shop a few weeks ago and I was finally able to save enough Kinz Cash to add on a room for my Spa!”

“Wow!” said Winnie. “A spa, that’s great. I was just headed to the W-Shop to get some supplies. I want to make some special treats for all my friends in Webkinz World. Do you need anything while I’m there?”

“Thanks for the offer, but I don’t really need anything right now” said Hershey Kiss. “But there is something else you can do for me if you have some time?”

“I think I can spare an hour or so. What do you have in mind?” asked Winnie.

“Wonderful” exclaimed Hershey Kiss. “I really need another creative mind to help me finish decorating my Spa.”

“I think I can manage that” said Winnie.

“Oh…” said Hershey Kiss. “I just had a great idea! I bought some trading cards yesterday and received three large bags of groceries. Since you’re going to stay and help me out, why don’t we just use my groceries and make those special treats for your friends?”

“That’s a wonderful idea! This way I can introduce you to all my friends in Webkinz World too!” Winnie shouted with excitement.

“That would be great!” shouted Hershey Kiss. “I can’t wait, let’s get started so we can make those treats!”

Entry #2 - Funtastic Food Adventure

The morning sun was shining brightly through the windows of Winnie’s bedroom. Winnie slowly opened her sleepy eyes.
She stretched her arms and legs, and wiggled her long floppy ears. All at once, she hopped on top of her covers and exclaimed, “Good morning, Sunshine! Isn’t it a beautiful day?”

Today was Saturday and Winnie LOVED Saturday! It was her ‘Whatever Winnie Wants’ day and yesterday, Winnie had decided that this Saturday, she wanted to bake treats to take to all of her friends in Webkinz World.

Winnie hurried and got herself dressed and headed to the kitchen. She had big plans for her blender and sandwich maker today! First things first, Winnie decided she needed to check her supply of ingredients. She checked the fridge and it was kind of bare. Then she crossed her fingers as she opened all of the kitchen cabinets – they were emptier than the refrigerator. “Hmmm…” Winnie thought. “What to do…what to do…?”

“I did harvest strawberries yesterday... I wonder if I’ll have anything to harvest today.” As she hopped to her garden, Winnie wondered what she could make using the strawberries. When she got there, she was delighted to learn her pumpkins were ready for harvesting. “This is great!” she exclaimed.

Having no idea what to do with her strawberries and pumpkins, Winnie headed off to consult “The Art of Sandwichin’” Cookbook, as she was anxious to try out her new Funky Girl Sandwich Maker.

Winnie was very disappointed when nothing turned up to her liking, so she did the only thing she could think of: she paid a visit to Chef Gazpacho.

“Good morning, Chef Gazpacho! I’m hoping you can help me with something.”

“Oh, hello there Winnie. So nice to see you! What can I do for you today?”

“Well, I’m looking for a sandwich recipe using strawberries and pumpkins. Any suggestions?” asked Winnie.

“Hmm… Let’s see.” He thought for a minute and continued, “Well, I’ve got a great stovetop recipe. It would be perfect, actually!”

“I was really hoping to use my new sandwich maker,” Winnie started, “But I suppose I could use it another time. What’s your idea?”

“The recipe calls for strawberries, pumpkin, and potato chips. I call it ‘Scary Berry Crunch’! Your friends will surely love it!” Chef Gazpacho was very excited.

“That sounds great! I don’t have any potato chips, but after a game of Zingoz Pop I should have plenty of KinzCash to buy what I need. Thank you so much for your help!” Winnie said goodbye and hopped off to the arcade.

She ended up making enough Scary Berry Crunch for all of her friends in Webkinz World. She knew they would love it and couldn’t wait to share it with them!

Entry #3 - A Humvee For Winnie

The morning sun was shining brightly through the windows of Winnie’s bedroom. Winnie slowly opened her sleepy eyes.
She stretched her arms and legs, and wiggled her long floppy ears. All at once, she hopped on top of her covers and exclaimed, “Good morning, Sunshine! Isn’t it a beautiful day?”

Winnie grabbed her jacket and was about to hop off to Artes to do some gem hunting but changed her mind and decided to call her good friend Merthyn to see it there were going to be any rares at the curio shop this morning so she might save herself a trip, she was about to dial the number when she looked out the window and her jaw dropped! Winnie couldn't believe her eyes, there,in her very own garden was more vegetables than she'd ever seen!

Winnie ran out into her yard, and stopped dead in her tracks, she didn't know where to start! She ran back inside and grabbed her gardening basket and hopped merrily back out into the garden and started to harvest her beautiful strawberries, pumpkins, corn, and her favorite, carrots!

Winnie walked back inside, very proud with what she accomplished for a days work, and started rinsing her newly harvested vegetables when she seen she had left the phone off the hook, she just hung it up when it rang, she picked it up and on the other end heard a very out of breath Merthyn.

"WINNIE! I'VE BEEN TRYING TO CALL YOU ALL MORNING!"

"Hey Merthyn, what's up?" Winnie said

"WINNIE!! YOU'VE GOT TO GET OVER TO THE CURIO SHOP, BRING ALL YOUR SAVINGS!, YOU'VE ONLY GOT TEN MINUTES TO GET HERE...HURRY!"

Winnie took off as fast as she could and burst into the Curio Shop, and there on display was the most beautiful thing she had ever set eyes on! She couldn't believe it, there sparkling in the sunlight was the mythical Humvee.

As Winnie was riding home in her new Humvee she thought to herself, first the vegtables, then the Humvee...today was a pretty great day!

Entry #4 - Yard Sale

The morning sun was shining brightly through the windows of Winnie’s bedroom. Winnie slowly opened her sleepy eyes. She stretched her arms and legs, and wiggled her long floppy ears. All at once, she hopped on top of her covers and exclaimed, “Good morning, Sunshine! Isn’t it a beautiful day?”

Winnie was resourceful, and decided that this was a good time to have a yard sale, “Hey Arte does this all the time, so why can’t I?” she thought.

So to her warehouse she went to grab a few items. The warehouse was fuller than her cabinets, “With all the great items I have here, I should make enough money in time to get groceries, and make my treats for everyone!"

Heading outside she set up some tables and placed her things ranging from clothes all the way, to lamps.

“Hey how much is this?” Plumpy asked holding a set of polka dotted pajamas. “Well Arte has them on sale so I will just let you have them.”

“Thanks” Plumpy said and she walked away.

“Oh this is just like the lamp I broke” Tabby exclaimed “Well if it makes you happy, take it” suggested Winnie.

“I have to replace the crown of wonder I broke before Arte notices” said Merthyn, “do you have one?” Winnie handed one to him “take this and get it back quickly”. Merthyn sprinted off.

It was noon and Winnie realized she hadn’t made any money yet, and even the tables were gone. “I’m just glad I was able to help” she thought. “But I still can’t buy groceries.”

Winnie went back into the house downhearted that she couldn’t make her treats for her friends as she had planed.

Just then the doorbell rang, and standing there were all her friends who came to her yard sale.

“We wanted to give you something for helping us out” and each one handed her a bag full of wonderful goodies.

“Perfect,” she said “follow me and we will all have a afternoon of eating and laughter.”
Winnie knew this would be a Saturday to remember forever

Entry #5 - ChocoWhat?

The obvious thing to do, of course, would be to head to the W Shop and buy some ingredients. But Winnie recalled that she’d given her last 100 Kinzcash to Goober, after he’d lamented that he couldn’t seem to drum up funding to develop a leprechaun detector. So Winnie’s purse was as bare as her cupboards.

Suddenly a horrible thought crept into her mind. Was she, perhaps, a little too generous? She often gave things away – she loved to make people smile – but never before had she found herself with nothing left to give, and nothing even left over for herself

At that moment there came an urgent knocking. Winnie scurried to the door and opened it. An excited Goober stood there, a large burlap sack clutched in his trembling paws. “Here, Winnie! You deserve this!” he exclaimed, thrusting the sack at her. As Winnie accepted it, she realized that Goober’s paws had not been trembling – the bag itself was squirming around

“What is this?” Winnie asked, slightly scared to know the answer

“My leprechaun detector prototype, um, sort of worked,” Goober replied. “It led me straight to a chocochaun.

“A what?"

“A chocochaun. He’s like a leprechaun, except that instead of hiding a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, he hides a crate of cookies at the limits of credibility."

At that moment a weary, muffled voice came from the burlap sack. “Will someone let me out of this thing already? It smells like turnips in here. If you let me go, I promise I’ll take you to my crate of cookies."

Winnie smiled broadly. It looked like she would be delivering some treats to her friends after all!

~~GOOD LUCK EVERYONE~~

Last edited by WINNIE; 07-30-2007 at 07:00 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2007, 07:49 PM   #2
orionbug
Gifted

orionbug is on a distinguished road

Default Re: VOTE - ONCE UPON A TIME - Adult Entries

Yea! mine was a top five, that is soooooooo cool! Good luck Everyone!!!!
Old 07-30-2007, 07:52 PM   #3
saf
s4hand
Gift Guru

saf has a spectacular aura about

Good luck to everyone, they were all very good.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:54 PM   #4
carolinejv
Gift Guru

carolinejv is on a distinguished road

wow the votes are already sooo close!
Old 07-30-2007, 08:25 PM   #5
Gift Guru
X.I.C. is the bees knees!X.I.C. is the bees knees!X.I.C. is the bees knees!X.I.C. is the bees knees!X.I.C. is the bees knees!X.I.C. is the bees knees!X.I.C. is the bees knees!

wow, this is tough...
X.I.C. is offline Male
Old 07-30-2007, 08:42 PM   #6
nannakatina
Gift Guru

nannakatina is on a distinguished road

ALL 5 entries are GREAT

GOOD LUCK!!
Old 07-30-2007, 09:13 PM   #7
MzMoody33
Webkinz :)

Karen has a reputation beyond reputeKaren has a reputation beyond reputeKaren has a reputation beyond reputeKaren has a reputation beyond reputeKaren has a reputation beyond reputeKaren has a reputation beyond repute

These are awesome stories, guys. Way to go !!!!
Karen is offline Female
Old 07-30-2007, 09:57 PM   #8
valej

Wow, so hard to choose!!! All are amazing!!
Old 07-30-2007, 10:00 PM   #9
I am happily
Gifted

zoeyandme43 will become famous soon enough

good luck!
Old 07-31-2007, 12:13 AM   #10
Gift Guru

GuineaPigs is a splendid one to beholdGuineaPigs is a splendid one to beholdGuineaPigs is a splendid one to beholdGuineaPigs is a splendid one to behold

Good Luck I loved the stories!
Closed