Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2014, 10:46 AM   #1
Shablooming
Wiki SysOp

monkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizen
monkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizen

Default Spring 2015 WIki Banner Contest Guide and Discussion

Webkinz Insider's Spring 2015 Design a WIki Banner Contest

-- Guide to Entering and Discussion Thread --

Click the image to open in full size.

This thread is for contest discussion and questions only. To enter, post a link to your User Page on this thread:
-- [OFFICIAL ENTRY THREAD] --

How to Enter
Learn how to edit the WIki and have some fun while doing it!
  • Please read the contest rules before beginning.
  • For basic WIki-editing help, please read the following thread before posting questions:
    -- [HOW TO] WIki Basics --
  • To enter, create a winter-themed WIki banner on your User Page. To access your User Page, you must be logged into WI. Then, click on the link to the WIki at the top of the forum. While in the WIki, click on your username below the WI banner. This page is your User Page. The URL of this page is www.webkinzinsider.com/wiki/User:YOURUSERNAME
  • Create your banner by pasting the banner template (see below) to your User Page and editing. Your User Page is your contest entry. Do not place your entry on any other WIki page. Always preview your edits before saving changes! As you test out your banner, preview small changes without saving. When you have decided on a change, you may save the page.
  • Post the link to your User Page on the entry thread.

Editing your Banner
Choose one of the two banner options below:

Option 1
Edit a 100 x 700 pixel rectangle any way you choose and post it on this thread.
  • Save this file to your computer as a canvas:
    -- Banner Template --
  • Fill in this background any way you like. Remember to leave room for the WebkinzInsider text in the middle (see examples below)
  • Any images you use must be from the WIki or Webkinz World (See "Image Choices" below). Find a free-to-use set of winter-themed images with transparent backgrounds in Post #3.
  • Post your background to this thread and we will take care of the rest!

Example background:

When added to the WIki:

Option 2
Edit a banner the traditional way.
Not everyone knows how to make a banner in a fancy program, but everyone can create a WIki banner! All it takes is some experimentation, and you'll be able to make your own banner in no time!

To create your entries:
  • Click on this WIki page called BannerTemplate:
    -- BannerTemplate --
  • Copy the text that appears
  • Paste this text on your User Page and hit Save.

Everything you need is already there for you! Editing your contest entry is as simple as adjusting three parts of the banner:
  1. Colors
  2. Images
  3. WebkinzInsider Text

To adjust these parts of the banner, find the part of the code that affects each one, as described below.
  • This is the banner that appears:

• The color codes are here:

• The first three codes change the border color of the box.
  • The last code changes the background color of the box.
  • To change these colors, simply replace the 6-digit color code that starts with #. For example, the code for Red is #FF0000; the code for Purple is #800080. By putting these new codes in the spots shown above, the color will change.
  • A full spectrum of color codes can be found on this website. Simply copy and paste the code you want:

• The image codes are here:

• 4 image codes are shown above. Each starts with "<div style" and ends with "</div>"
  • The first two come before the WebkinzInsider text code and appear on the left, and the last two come after and appear on the right (as seen in the preview above)
  • To delete an image, delete the text that starts with "<div style" and ends with "</div>"
  • To add an image, copy the whole image code from "<div style" to "</div>" and paste it before or after another image code. Pasting it before the WebkinzInsider text code places it on the left side, and pasting it after the WebkinzInsider text code places it on the right.
  • You may use as many or as few images as you like.
  • Note that deleting and adding images may change the appearance of the banner. To fix, adjust the placement of the images as described below.
  • The parts of the image codes to adjust look like this:

• Type the name of the image between the double brackets [[ ]]. If I wanted to use my first uploaded file, I would type "File:Monkeecj1.png"
  • To adjust the size of the image (optional), add "|100px" to the end of the code, depending on the size you want. If I want my image to be 80 pixels wide, I would type "File:Monkeecj1.png|80px"
  • Adjust the distance from the top of the box by changing the number after "margin-top:". A negative number pushes the image towards the top of the screen, while a positive number pushes the image towards the bottom. "-30px" would push the image 30 pixels towards the top of the screen.
  • Adjust the distance from the left or right side of the box by changing the number after "margin-left:" or "margin-right:". A negative number pushes the image towards the outside of the box, while a positive number pushes the image towards the center. "70px" would push the image 70 pixels towards the center.
  • If an image appears on the wrong side of the banner, adjust the code for that image that reads "float:left" or "float:right"
  • The WebkinzInsider text codes are here:

• To change the WebkinzInsider text, replace the name in the code. For example, if you want blue text, replace the name with "File:Webkinzinsidertext3.png".
  • To change the font color of the text that displays the number of pages and contributions, replace the 6-digit color code that starts with #.
  • See the next section for text options.

WebkinzInsider Text Choices
  • You must include the "WebkinzInsider.com WIki" text in your banner.
  • You may choose your text from the provided colors in Post #2.
  • If you would like to upload your own text, it must be posted on this thread and given staff approval.
  • Find the full set of Webkinz Insider text choices in Post #2.

Color Choices
  • A full spectrum of color codes can be found on this website. Simply copy and paste the code you want into your User Page:

Image Choices
  • All images must come from the WIki or Webkinz World
  • All images must be Webkinz-themed.
  • Any images not from the WIki or Webkinz World must be posted on this thread for staff approval before uploading.
  • If you upload your own images to the WIki, name the image as your username plus a number. For example, I would name my first uploaded image as "Monkeecj1.png" and my seventh image as "Monkeecj7.png"
  • Some images from the WIki have white backgrounds. If you don't know how to make a background transparent, you can post an image for another member to make transparent, or ask for help with this process.

The transparency tool on this website is an easy way to make a background transparent:

This guide describes how to create transparency in GIMP:

• Find a free-to-use set of spring-themed images with transparent backgrounds in Post #3.

Past Banners
Check out the past WIki banners for inspiration!

The winners of the Winter 2014 Banner Contest:
polarbear09
marganta
phoenixsprite
LambTyler

Spring 2015 banners:
Spring 2015 Banner Contest - Webkinz Insider Wiki
Winter 2014 banners:
Winter 2014 Banner Contest - Webkinz Insider Wiki
Fall 2014 banners:
Fall 2014 Banner Contest - Webkinz Insider Wiki

Template:Fall 2011 Top Box - Webkinz Insider Wiki
Template:Winter 2011 Top Box - Webkinz Insider Wiki
Template:Summer Top Box - Webkinz Insider Wiki
Template:Spring Top Box - Webkinz Insider Wiki
Template:Spring 2012 Top Box - Webkinz Insider Wiki
Template:Halloween Top Box - Webkinz Insider Wiki

Last edited by monkeecj; 03-23-2015 at 05:21 PM..
monkeecj is offline Male Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2014, 06:28 PM   #4
hy So Serious ♥
Webkinz :)

thila07 is a champion of all thingsthila07 is a champion of all thingsthila07 is a champion of all things
thila07 is a champion of all thingsthila07 is a champion of all thingsthila07 is a champion of all thingsthila07 is a champion of all thingsthila07 is a champion of all thingsthila07 is a champion of all thingsthila07 is a champion of all thingsthila07 is a champion of all thingsthila07 is a champion of all thingsthila07 is a champion of all thingsthila07 is a champion of all thingsthila07 is a champion of all things

Default Re: Fall 2014 WIki Banner Contest Guide and Discussion

Thanks for all the help!
thila07 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:53 AM   #5

Nellie1031 is the epitome of excellenceNellie1031 is the epitome of excellence
Nellie1031 is the epitome of excellenceNellie1031 is the epitome of excellenceNellie1031 is the epitome of excellenceNellie1031 is the epitome of excellenceNellie1031 is the epitome of excellenceNellie1031 is the epitome of excellenceNellie1031 is the epitome of excellenceNellie1031 is the epitome of excellenceNellie1031 is the epitome of excellenceNellie1031 is the epitome of excellenceNellie1031 is the epitome of excellence

This will be my first time ever doing this, but I really want to try. Thanks for the fun! And thanks a bunch for all the steps and information on how to do this!
Nellie1031 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 01:04 PM   #6
aiting for Spring

polarbear09 is an unparalleled talent
polarbear09 is an unparalleled talentpolarbear09 is an unparalleled talentpolarbear09 is an unparalleled talentpolarbear09 is an unparalleled talentpolarbear09 is an unparalleled talentpolarbear09 is an unparalleled talentpolarbear09 is an unparalleled talentpolarbear09 is an unparalleled talentpolarbear09 is an unparalleled talentpolarbear09 is an unparalleled talentpolarbear09 is an unparalleled talent

Ok so I have created a png out of a screen shot of my room, how can I use this? Or maybe the question is can I use an item like this?
polarbear09 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 03:09 PM   #7
Shablooming
Wiki SysOp

monkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizen
monkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizen

View Post Originally Posted by polarbear09
Ok so I have created a png out of a screen shot of my room, how can I use this? Or maybe the question is can I use an item like this?
Yes you can! You can use any images that come directly from the WIki or Webkinz World.

To upload your image:
  • Go to the WIki
  • In the toolbox on the left, click on "Upload file"
  • Choose your file
  • Where it says "Destination filename" change the name to your username plus a number. For example, you would call your file "polarbear091.png". If you uploaded a second image, you would name it "polarbear092.png", etc.

Check out this thread if you would like pictures of some of these steps:
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...ctures-629684/
Old 08-27-2014, 03:42 PM   #8

Nellie1031 is the epitome of excellenceNellie1031 is the epitome of excellenceNellie1031 is the epitome of excellenceNellie1031 is the epitome of excellenceNellie1031 is the epitome of excellenceNellie1031 is the epitome of excellenceNellie1031 is the epitome of excellenceNellie1031 is the epitome of excellenceNellie1031 is the epitome of excellenceNellie1031 is the epitome of excellenceNellie1031 is the epitome of excellence

How do I use a png for my background instead of using a color? I've made a background that I like, that is dual color and hoped to try that instead.
Old 08-27-2014, 03:44 PM   #9

I was able to upload the files, but since a color number is used instead of a image file for the background, it is making me confuded. LOL!!
Old 08-27-2014, 04:27 PM   #10
Shablooming
Wiki SysOp

View Post Originally Posted by Nellie1031
How do I use a png for my background instead of using a color? I've made a background that I like, that is dual color and hoped to try that instead.
View Post Originally Posted by Nellie1031
I was able to upload the files, but since a color number is used instead of a image file for the background, it is making me confuded. LOL!!
Cool! I'm glad you're experimenting!

It's a little bit trickier, but you can use a file as the background if you position it correctly. Take a look at my User Page where I was experimenting with your background:

User:Monkeecj - Webkinz Insider Wiki

Where it says "position:" in the code defines how the image reacts to other elements. By changing this from "position:relative" (which makes all the images push each other around) to "position:absolute" I was able to make your file a stationary object in the background. I also changed the "z-index" to 1, which means that I'm putting it behind everything else.

However, you may need to change the size of the image to be exactly the size of the example banner, because I don't think you can change this once it's in the WIki.

Tags
be true!, googles always prevail