Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2010, 06:14 PM   #11
Webkinz :)

Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!

Default Re: Putting the Communal Contest Into Perspective

View Post Originally Posted by rich4man
I thought Ganz would of made the first communal contest really easy in order to gain some popularity and also because the prize was really not that great. Instead they did just the opposite by making it impossible. I wonder how popular the next one will be.

Anyway, here is my thinking on why Ganz was way off on the goal. There are people that have multiple accounts and there are houses where different family members have an account but only one computer. In either case, there are serveral accounts that singed up for the communal contest but only one account that could play the game at any given time. Ganz probably counted on every account that singed up being able to contribute equally which is not the case.

The trick for the next conest is not to look at the number of accounts that signed up but the acutal number of accounts that are able to conribute to the goal. Trial an error may be the only way to figure it out. This is yet anouther reason why Ganz should of made the first one easy. Good thing Webkinz is so popular that a hit like this probably won't do much to the overall popularity.
This would be me . I signed up our 15 accounts but I am the only one that played the game in our house. After only about 80,000 points I gave up when I saw that this was not achievable at all . I also agree with those that feel in order to win the prize you should have to at lease play the game once if you sign up. That being said I better go play the game at least once on each account in case they decide to give out a concellation (sp?) prize.
Doggyfan is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2010, 06:32 PM   #12
World of Webkinz

rich4man is just really nicerich4man is just really nice

View Post Originally Posted by Doggyfan
This would be me . I signed up our 15 accounts but I am the only one that played the game in our house. After only about 80,000 points I gave up when I saw that this was not achievable at all . I also agree with those that feel in order to win the prize you should have to at lease play the game once if you sign up. That being said I better go play the game at least once on each account in case they decide to give out a concellation (sp?) prize.
Well, I did it too.

I signed up and also signed up several of the little ones. Only one of my nieces actually likes goobers lab and I'm not sure how much she played this weekend. I'm probably the only one that played very much. Next week I'm going to get a commitment before signing anyone up.

With that said, I wonder how many people signed up multiple accounts just to get multiple prizes and had no intention of contributing equally on each account. Therefore there should definetly be a minimum ammount that needs to be achieved before an account gets the communal prize.

Last edited by rich4man; 02-28-2010 at 06:44 PM..
rich4man is offline Male
Old 02-28-2010, 07:09 PM   #13
princesskitty237

princesskitty_3 is a name known to allprincesskitty_3 is a name known to allprincesskitty_3 is a name known to all

I think that more people will be willing to participate (more) if the prize was better. I am not suggesting anything extremely valuable since if that was the case then that value would drastically decrease, but something worth it. Maybe even new prizes made specifically for the communal contest? Maybe simple things like T-Shirts, hats, etc..that show Webkinz working together.
princesskitty_3 is offline Female
Old 02-28-2010, 07:12 PM   #14
Gift Guru

acourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talent

Well, I can't say that I'm surprised that Ganz was way off for the first contest. They always seem to have some tweaking to do with new features. And coming up with a good goal- one that's not too easy or too hard-- is definitely something that seems like it would take some trial and error. I figured the first one would be either way too easy, way too hard, or just wouldn't work at all.

But that being said, I really like this new feature and the idea of everyone working together. I actually enjoyed seeing the progress made. Even when I realized that the goal wasn't going to be achieved, I kept going back to see just how far we had gotten.

I don't even mind that a lot of people probably voted for the prize, but didn't necessarily participate equally. I did make sure that I played Goober's Lab at least one time on all of our accounts, just in case you had to play to be eligible for the prize. But as long as the prizes aren't too amazing, then I'm okay with people getting them on multiple accounts or kids getting them even if they don't play. I play games and do daily activities on my kid's accounts all the time to help them out. So if I participate in a communal contest and help a whole bunch of kids win 500KC, then that's great! I'm all for it. Especially since there may be contests that I may not be able to contribute to--like if they pick a game or job I'm terrible at, or if I'm on vacation for those days or something.

I'm looking forward to next week to see what Ganz comes up with. I predict the next one will be easy, but we'll just have to wait and see.
acourt is offline Female
Old 02-28-2010, 07:26 PM   #15
MySquirtsquirt
Gift Guru

LuvMarshmallow is cool as a bunny clownLuvMarshmallow is cool as a bunny clownLuvMarshmallow is cool as a bunny clownLuvMarshmallow is cool as a bunny clownLuvMarshmallow is cool as a bunny clownLuvMarshmallow is cool as a bunny clownLuvMarshmallow is cool as a bunny clownLuvMarshmallow is cool as a bunny clown

I would also like to see some kind of prize from this, since we are trying! I'm probably up to about 100,000 points by myself, but I can't sit and play continuously for 48 hours! I'm probably about done, to be honest...

I did win another trophy, so that was cool! It's been fun, all said and done. I don't think I care so much if people only play once to get counted for the prize or actually do play for 48 hours. We put into it what we want, and I'm sure there will be some games I absolutely hate! I love Goober's Lab, so I don't mind playing that for hours...and I'll gladly help someone get a prize, since I'm sure at some point they will help me get one.

A better gauge for the points is definitely needed. I saw the 6 billion points before we started, and even then I was skeptical we could reach that. But it's been fun seeing how far we did get!
LuvMarshmallow is offline Female
Old 02-28-2010, 11:54 PM   #16
I Rocks!!
Gift Guru

Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep
Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep

I signed up on one account and played on that account. Who is going to be able to play on several at once, and what difference does it make in the grand total if you play on more than one? I can't play on more than one at the same time.
They admitted they overshot the total points and I hope they adjust that for next time. I played a bunch and got 2 trophies I never got before!
Jennielou is offline Female
Old 03-01-2010, 03:01 AM   #17
pollywog2
Gift Guru

pollywog is a golden guidepollywog is a golden guidepollywog is a golden guidepollywog is a golden guidepollywog is a golden guidepollywog is a golden guidepollywog is a golden guidepollywog is a golden guidepollywog is a golden guidepollywog is a golden guidepollywog is a golden guidepollywog is a golden guidepollywog is a golden guide

View Post Originally Posted by ClaraZ25
If we would have wanted to have won this contest everyone would have had to play 10 times the amount of games or 150 games per person!

Lets hope Ganz makes next week's contest a little easier LOL.
That is a crazy amount of games! And for $500, no way. I can make that much KC in 2 hours playing cash cow or eager beaver. Let;s hope they make it easier. I like the idea of everybody working together but I wouldn't want to have to put 5 or 6 hours into the communal contest.
pollywog is online now Female
Old 03-01-2010, 07:31 AM   #18
Call me Pat!
Gift Guru

ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell
ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell

View Post Originally Posted by rich4man
Anyway, here is my thinking on why Ganz was way off on the goal. There are people that have multiple accounts and there are houses where different family members have an account but only one computer. In either case, there are serveral accounts that singed up for the communal contest but only one account that could play the game at any given time. Ganz probably counted on every account that singed up being able to contribute equally which is not the case.
That could very well be the answer. I personally signed up three accounts but was only ever able to play on one at a time.
ClaraZ25 is offline Male
Old 03-01-2010, 07:32 AM   #19
Call me Pat!
Gift Guru

ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell
ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell

I do want to congratulate everyone late last night I checked the goal meter again and I think we had won roughly 1 Billion points!!!
ClaraZ25 is offline Male
Closed