Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2010, 02:10 PM   #1
Call me Pat!
Gift Guru

ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell
ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell

Default Putting the Communal Contest Into Perspective

So I have been thinking about how difficult the Communal Contest was this week. Don't get me wrong I still think it was fun.

I thought about comparing how well Webkinz World would have done if the Goal had been different.

So first off using a number of 650,000,000 which is roughly the number of points that have been won so far (as of 2pm EST on Sunday) I have made the following comparisons.

Goal: 6,000,000,000 (6 Billion)
Click the image to open in full size.
Roughly 11% Complete

Goal: 2,000,000,000 (2 Billion)
Roughly 33% Complete

Goal: 1,000,000,000 (1 Billion)
Roughly 65% Complete

Goal: 800,000,000 (800 Million)
Roughly 81% Complete

Now also to make it easier to understand how far off Ganz was in setting this goal lets pretend that everyone played 15 games over this weekend. If we would have wanted to have won this contest everyone would have had to play 10 times the amount of games or 150 games per person!

Lets hope Ganz makes next week's contest a little easier LOL.
ClaraZ25 is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2010, 02:39 PM   #2
Diabetes Awareness
Webkinz :)

DragonsFly is a ray of sunshineDragonsFly is a ray of sunshine
DragonsFly is a ray of sunshineDragonsFly is a ray of sunshineDragonsFly is a ray of sunshineDragonsFly is a ray of sunshineDragonsFly is a ray of sunshineDragonsFly is a ray of sunshineDragonsFly is a ray of sunshineDragonsFly is a ray of sunshineDragonsFly is a ray of sunshine

WI Subscriber
Default Re: Putting the Communal Contest Into Perspective

Well said!
DragonsFly is offline Female
Old 02-28-2010, 03:09 PM   #3
Hmm
Eliphalet
Gift Guru

Hmm is an unparalleled talent
Hmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talent

Exactly.

Here is my thought on the contest... If I were Ganz, which I am not, I would have wanted this first contest to be very achievable and easy so that everyone could have a success off the bat. I think that is what they wanted, and the miscalculated.

If I had seen the numbers coming in and realized how difficult the goal was, I would want to soften the failure.

I would offer a consolation prize of 250 KC to anyone who signed up for the contest and who at least played Goobers Lab this weekend -- whether they did it in the ARCADE or the TOURNAMENT ARENA.

If the rules were not clear, both areas should have counted to the goal.

Besides, a consolation prize to those who participated would make all those who tried to reach the goal feel good, and make it look like Ganz is a responsive, caring contest host.

I LOVE the idea of everyone in Webkinz World working together to reach a goal. The contest concept is awesome. It just needs better execution.

Let's hope for something more achievable next week.

-- Hmm
Hmm is offline Female
Old 02-28-2010, 03:32 PM   #4
Silentbreeze
Gifted

big2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyond
big2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyond

WI Subscriber

I like the idea of at least giving something to those of us who played Goober's Lab. I think I was getting discouraged by the contest when I did not see any coloration on the meter early Saturday morning.
big2gray is offline Female
Old 02-28-2010, 03:41 PM   #5
uvs Kitties

kittia101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkittia101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkittia101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkittia101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkittia101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkittia101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkittia101 radiates beauty and kindness all around

Whoa! Lets hope Ganz has a easier contest next weekend!
kittia101 is offline Female
Old 02-28-2010, 04:45 PM   #6
Call me Pat!
Gift Guru

ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell
ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell

View Post Originally Posted by Hmm
Exactly.

Here is my thought on the contest... If I were Ganz, which I am not, I would have wanted this first contest to be very achievable and easy so that everyone could have a success off the bat. I think that is what they wanted, and the miscalculated.

If I had seen the numbers coming in and realized how difficult the goal was, I would want to soften the failure.

I would offer a consolation prize of 250 KC to anyone who signed up for the contest and who at least played Goobers Lab this weekend -- whether they did it in the ARCADE or the TOURNAMENT ARENA.

If the rules were not clear, both areas should have counted to the goal.

Besides, a consolation prize to those who participated would make all those who tried to reach the goal feel good, and make it look like Ganz is a responsive, caring contest host.

I LOVE the idea of everyone in Webkinz World working together to reach a goal. The contest concept is awesome. It just needs better execution.

Let's hope for something more achievable next week.

-- Hmm
I agree. Ganz seems to have not thought through it enough. I think it is all just part of the learning curve. They first needed to know how many people would participate. I think Ganz learned a lot this weekend. I have a feeling we will see a few easy ones in the next few weeks and then some at the limit of our attainability once ganz understands how it will work a little more.
ClaraZ25 is offline Male
Old 02-28-2010, 05:00 PM   #7

BlueKat567 is not just visiting!BlueKat567 is not just visiting!BlueKat567 is not just visiting!BlueKat567 is not just visiting!BlueKat567 is not just visiting!BlueKat567 is not just visiting!BlueKat567 is not just visiting!BlueKat567 is not just visiting!BlueKat567 is not just visiting!BlueKat567 is not just visiting!BlueKat567 is not just visiting!

Wow. You finished a lot. I think it is a little hard. I'm barely close to finishing.
BlueKat567 is offline Female
Old 02-28-2010, 05:25 PM   #8
makatz

makatz will become famous soon enough

well put. Agreed. Hara! LOL (we are learning about the constiution convention and they say Hara if they agree)
makatz is offline Female
Old 02-28-2010, 05:49 PM   #9
World of Webkinz

rich4man is just really nicerich4man is just really nice

I thought Ganz would of made the first communal contest really easy in order to gain some popularity and also because the prize was really not that great. Instead they did just the opposite by making it impossible. I wonder how popular the next one will be.

Anyway, here is my thinking on why Ganz was way off on the goal. There are people that have multiple accounts and there are houses where different family members have an account but only one computer. In either case, there are serveral accounts that singed up for the communal contest but only one account that could play the game at any given time. Ganz probably counted on every account that singed up being able to contribute equally which is not the case.

The trick for the next conest is not to look at the number of accounts that signed up but the acutal number of accounts that are able to conribute to the goal. Trial an error may be the only way to figure it out. This is yet anouther reason why Ganz should of made the first one easy. Good thing Webkinz is so popular that a hit like this probably won't do much to the overall popularity.
rich4man is offline Male
Old 02-28-2010, 05:55 PM   #10

JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!

Since the math seems to clearly suggest that the 'target' was 10X what it should have been... since small slip ups are common with the programmers @ Ganz I wonder if it was simply a Goober - I forget to carry the one - type mistake.

Maybe the 'designer' had intended to make it a very achievable 600 Million but the programmer typed an extra 0.

It would not be the first time that Ganz didn't double check something done by the 'rolll out crew' before going live.
JustDad is offline Male
Closed