Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010, 11:16 PM   #21
I AM CANADIAN!
Gift Guru

FroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talent

Default Re: Oh boy.....look what Ganz just tweeted.....

View Post Originally Posted by tammy1072
they should tweet BEFORE it makes its customers and fans so aggeravated at them!! How are we to know.And if we cant see the ads..we cant see the fine print.......
If Fox didn't allow the inclusion of the U.S. in the contest, I'm sure that it was also in the agreement that Ganz could not say so until a certain time after....also, Ganz did post that it was a Canada only contest in their rules, so they did what they had to do...I knew it was a legal/contract issue, and have said so. There is no way Ganz would intentionally cut out their prime source of income, unless they had no choice....it was just common sense...and I'm glad that the truth is out and now all can just.......breathe.....

....and I hope Fox is on the receiving end of the same wrath Ganz was probably on today...Fox deserves the grief Ganz got....

Contracts, unfortunately, dictate not only the contests, but what can and cannot be said publicly and when it can be said....I wonder if all those who complained to Ganz will complain to Fox though...or, will Ganz phones be flooded with apologies????

Last edited by FroggyDoodle; 04-02-2010 at 11:20 PM..
FroggyDoodle is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2010, 11:21 PM   #22
ʎʞɔɐʍ ɐp sı ɯoɯɹǝʞɔo
Gift Guru

rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero
rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero

WI Subscriber

Thanks for the info.

To me it sounds like too little info.....much too late.

Where was the PR in the bathroom?
rockermom is offline Female
Old 04-02-2010, 11:33 PM   #23
Webkinz :)

tarayvonne challenges the impossibletarayvonne challenges the impossible
tarayvonne challenges the impossibletarayvonne challenges the impossibletarayvonne challenges the impossibletarayvonne challenges the impossible

Well...true to a certain point. However, this was a business deal. One they didn't have to agree to on all points. They chose to. Just like they chose to not make it perfectly clear when they ran the ads for the contest that it wasn't for all customers, only Canadian ones. That should have been directly under the information in the same font and size and not listed in the fine print which most people, especially kids, don't read. They should have known how upset their customers would be from all corners of the globe. It's common sense. Some business deals aren't exactly the best ones when it's all said and done. What you gain out in front sometimes isn't worth what you lose in the end.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:34 PM   #24
I AM CANADIAN!
Gift Guru

FroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by rockermom
Thanks for the info.

To me it sounds like too little info.....much too late.

Where was the PR in the bathroom?
The PR group at Ganz is little fish in comparison to the BIG SCARY FISH at Fox....contracts rule the capitalist world....I'm sure Ganz was unable to say anything....Let's face it, I'm sure it would have been in the rules if Fox allowed them to include it....Fox dictated what Ganz could and could not do....Ganz was the messenger...and we all know what happens to the messenger...meanwhile, Fox comes out smelling like...well, I have an idea....but I'm sure I would be in the minority on that front....
Old 04-02-2010, 11:40 PM   #25

kkww05 rocks our collective sockskkww05 rocks our collective sockskkww05 rocks our collective sockskkww05 rocks our collective sockskkww05 rocks our collective sockskkww05 rocks our collective sockskkww05 rocks our collective sockskkww05 rocks our collective sockskkww05 rocks our collective socks

Wow. Ganz really should have made this info available from the beginning. I know that there are some people out there who have traded retired and priceless items to get these dresses.
kkww05 is offline Female
Old 04-02-2010, 11:55 PM   #26
iscream247

bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!

Thanks so much for posting this. It does make me feel better.
But I doubt very much if Fox did not allow Ganz to post the contest rules beforehand. I can see no reason for it - it just does not make sense to me. Oh well, I will be a happy camper if I can get these cute outfits for my pet. Thanks again.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:58 PM   #27
I AM CANADIAN!
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by bobo247
Thanks so much for posting this. It does make me feel better.
But I doubt very much if Fox did not allow Ganz to post the contest rules beforehand. I can see no reason for it - it just does not make sense to me. Oh well, I will be a happy camper if I can get these cute outfits for my pet. Thanks again.
Fingers crossed you will!
Old 04-02-2010, 11:58 PM   #28

kkww05 rocks our collective sockskkww05 rocks our collective sockskkww05 rocks our collective sockskkww05 rocks our collective sockskkww05 rocks our collective sockskkww05 rocks our collective sockskkww05 rocks our collective sockskkww05 rocks our collective sockskkww05 rocks our collective socks

View Post Originally Posted by Baby_G
Well then the upcoming WI contest will be sort of pointless.
I don't necessarily agree with that. I know it seems that way, but at least this whole experience brought us at WI a little closer. I am one of the Americans who can't see the ads, but I have been amazed by the generosity of all the Canadians here who have been working for hours to collect codes to donate. I know that I will be looking for opportunities to repay them somehow, maybe on the next click-to-win event.
kkww05 is offline Female
Old 04-03-2010, 12:03 AM   #29
Chain of Love
Gifted

chmoneybags is the cats pajamas!chmoneybags is the cats pajamas!chmoneybags is the cats pajamas!chmoneybags is the cats pajamas!chmoneybags is the cats pajamas!chmoneybags is the cats pajamas!

We still shouldn't over look the generosity of the Canadian WI members.

There's no 100% guarantee that Ganz will do anything to make the costumes more widely available.

So given that we really know nothing for sure...the constest is the only way we know right now that those outside of Canada would ever get them short of trading an arm and a leg.
chmoneybags is offline Female
Old 04-03-2010, 12:06 AM   #30
i wish i was a

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by tarayvonne
Well...true to a certain point. However, this was a business deal. One they didn't have to agree to on all points. They chose to. Just like they chose to not make it perfectly clear when they ran the ads for the contest that it wasn't for all customers, only Canadian ones. That should have been directly under the information in the same font and size and not listed in the fine print which most people, especially kids, don't read. They should have known how upset their customers would be from all corners of the globe. It's common sense. Some business deals aren't exactly the best ones when it's all said and done. What you gain out in front sometimes isn't worth what you lose in the end.
i totally agree. ganz could have chosen to say no to the contract. its simple to do that. they chose to go ahead with it, not advertise it, and put it on the webkinz news page which once i knew that i didnt even care anymore...................... they had lots of choices here and with each one of them they made the wrong choice for their worldwide customers, and the loyal ones by putting it on a site othe rthan ww................... they continually underestimate the problems a promotion will cause and with this one, they had the choice to say no.
BASMAT is offline Female
Closed