Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2009, 11:37 AM   #71
Mayora 13
Webkinz :)

KinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable character
KinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable character

Default Re: Official Earth Day Contest -- Win a Signature Panda or Insider Insider Membership -- Closes April 29th, midnight PST!

Wow, as I look through all the posts I realize all the cool ideas people have! Amazing!

Hope you like my entry!
Click the image to open in full size.

OK, I will list some reasons as to why this room is enviormentally friendly.
The floor is made of beach sand (no trees cut down)
The dining table, coffee table and dining chairs are made of the Bamboo we grow.
The room divider is made of solid ice that will never melt instead of wood (may look a little wierd but better than wood)
The tree is not really a tree, it is made of ice and is sculpted to look like a tree!
Blizzard (the arctic fox) made her bed out of roses.
The green vehicle runs using the fan on the back, so no gas or electricity is needed!
And lastly, the mural of nature on the walls is good inspiration as to why we need to go green.

Wow, it is was interesting trying to create an eco-friendly room, but it was fun!

Thanks for the great contest!!

THINK GREEN!!

Last edited by KinzUser2523; 04-24-2009 at 11:52 AM.. Reason: Forgot something
KinzUser2523 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2009, 12:12 PM   #72
Chain of Love
Gifted

chmoneybags is the cats pajamas!chmoneybags is the cats pajamas!chmoneybags is the cats pajamas!chmoneybags is the cats pajamas!chmoneybags is the cats pajamas!chmoneybags is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: Official Earth Day Contest -- Win a Signature Panda or Insider Insider Membership -- Closes April 29th, midnight PST!

This is my Green Earth Day every day Webkinz Room

This room utilizes eco—friendly products, as well as being a Green Product Producer.

Yes, this room is green, it utilizes nature everywhere
The flooring, it's made of lilly pads.
The walls, vines and rush grow naturally.
The beds and seating, also made of lilly pads and rushes.
The tables, made of toadstools and tree stumps.
The lighting, it's all natural with insect power.
The decorations, all natural.
Live Potted Elm Trees,
Cornucopia with fresh harvested veggies
Vases with cat tails
Table Place Settings with leaves.
The wall posters remind everyone to lend a helping hand to nature.
And the windows are always open to keep it cool in the summer.

Now how is this a green producer. Well it's also an algae farm.
It helps the environment by reducing the dependence on fossil fuel.
It also has a farm just through the door where the fresh fruit and veggies feed the family.
:gecko:

Last edited by chmoneybags; 04-29-2009 at 03:44 PM..
chmoneybags is offline Female
Old 04-24-2009, 01:26 PM   #73
aves to the
Gift Guru

koalakinzforever is a golden guidekoalakinzforever is a golden guidekoalakinzforever is a golden guidekoalakinzforever is a golden guidekoalakinzforever is a golden guidekoalakinzforever is a golden guidekoalakinzforever is a golden guidekoalakinzforever is a golden guidekoalakinzforever is a golden guidekoalakinzforever is a golden guidekoalakinzforever is a golden guidekoalakinzforever is a golden guidekoalakinzforever is a golden guide

This is Parnella the panda's 'green' room. Now, it may not look like the most environmentally friendly room you've ever seen, but it's actually very 'green.' As you can see, Parnella has lots of bamboo, but it isn't just for decoration. Parnella uses the bamboo for many things. Parnella is quite crafty, so she can make furniture out of a lot of crazy things, including her bamboo. Parnella made her chairs and her bed out of bamboo. Parnella also makes tea out of her bamboo, because she only drinks natural and organic teas, and she doesn't want to spend all her kinzcash on fancy tea. Parnella has also been caught munching on sticks of her bamboo before, but she is a panda after all! Parnella made the bedding that is currently spread out on her bed out of the leaves on her bonsai trees. She made the leaves into thin threads, and wove them together to make all the bedding that she needed. Parnella then dyed the bedding only using colours from natural rescources. She used the same process for the curtains on the window, and the couch. The bamboo and bonsai plants also produce lots of oxygen, so the air in Parnella's room is always very fresh. Parnella's tea table is made from lily pads. She collected some lily pads, stuck them together, and then let it all dry! Moving on, you probably noticed that Parnella has a TV, which uses lots of energy, right? WRONG! Parnella's TV is powered by the treadmill! How cool is that?! There is also a couch by the TV, but that's only for when Parnella has visitors. The treadmill also powers the lava lamp, which gives the room some light. You probably also noticed that Parnella has a car. Cars usually pollute the air will their fuel, but this car is electric, so it doesn't do that. The clock in this room is solar powered, but it still works at night, because it needs so little light, that it can run on moonlight. Parnella also has a little bathroom area, which would normally use a lot of water, but not this one! As you can see through the window, it's pretty rainy. Since it's so rainy all the time, Parnella collects rain water, and uses it in her sink, and bathtub! Also, the toilet is a compostable toilet, so all of the gross stuff that goes into the toilet gets composted in a little system underneath the house. Also, Parnella's towel was made the same way as the bedding, curtains, and couch. And see that little wagon by the bathroom area? Parnella uses that to bring in the rain water. Parnella's fridge doesn't run on electricity, either. It is cooled by big blocks of ice, that are also made from rain water. Parnella fills up her wagon, and then puts it by the freezing cold icicle tree, and then the water freezes, and it makes a big block of ice for the fridge! Awesome, huh? So now you know how 'green' Parnella's room really is!

BIG thanks to WI and Ameriwade for making this contest happen!
koalakinzforever is offline Female
Old 04-24-2009, 04:41 PM   #74
Gift Guru

tigerwhiskers26 is sweet stuff
tigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stuff

10 Reasons Why This Room Is Green

1. windows let in natural light and heat and are double paned so air dosen't come in. at night or rainy days, we capture fireflies for light

2. plants give a lot of oxygen and make the room have better air-flow

3. bamboo flooring and chairs, made chairs out of bamboo plant

4.windows are made out of recycled glass

5. all other furniture is made of salvaged wood and painted with low VOC (low toxins) paint

6. brick is fom a previous remodel of the backyard patio

7. all planter boxes and pots are from a neighbor who was giving them away

8. solor powered clock

9. heating and cooling systemin flooring, dosen't use air conditioner

10. fabric on couch and chair is made from natural grass fiber

thanks !!!
tigerwhiskers26 is offline Female
Old 04-24-2009, 05:00 PM   #75

32saoirse is a name known to all32saoirse is a name known to all32saoirse is a name known to all

Talking Re: Official Earth Day Contest -- Win a Signature Panda or Insider Insider Membership -- Closes April 29th, midnight PST!

http://i42.tinypic.com/2s1vg4o.jpg <---- click here to view my Green Room!!

Here is my Tree Top Green room for the Earth Day Green contest. I finally figured out how to post pictures! I hope it turned out ok. As you can view from this Eco-Freindly Sky Scraper, Yellostone, the Bear has arrived to the home of his friend, Milk Dudz the Cow, where they're completing their new addition to the home for Earth Day. From the first left corner, you can see a Totum Pole, carved by Hendrix, the Tye Dye Frog, the artist. The totum is made from old wood found on a camping trip near ZinzKinz State Park. Hendrix brought the old wood home and carved out his "Family Tree." The family is of ancestor Webkinz also artists that Hendrix wanted to dedicate the Earth Day room to. In front of the Totum Pole, you'll see a Rock Garden with sand brought from a recent Holiday to the Tropics during the winter months. The sand in the garden is used to draw out the house plans instead of using pens with ink and paper from trees. Next to the totum, you'll see a stone sculpture which Hendrix chizzled away with pride and completed a Webkinz Carez statue. He completed it with a circle of flowers to create more oxygen in the atmosphere of the Tree Top Sky Scraper. Next to the Sculpture, you'll see a relaxing pool with a wooden frame. The wood used in construction of this pool is also refurbished wood from the ZinzKinz State Park. The pets love to relax in this pool after a long and hot day of working on their Eco Friendly home. Next to the pool is the much needed Outhouse, which we can all appreciate as this is self explanitory. In the far corner, is the solar powered Amethyst Geode. From the rays of our beautiful Sun, they reflect off of the Geode and create the power necessary for watching the Monkey Show on the telle or blending and cooking goodies in the kitchen downstairs. The windmill is also made from refurbished wood found and utilized from the Zinzkinz State Park Camping Trip. A Sundial is made from Sand and Stone which tells us the time of day as we're working hard on our Earth Friendly Kinz Home! The Checkers game is made by artist Hendrix out of recycled cardboard and bottle caps as the pieces. It's resting on a terra cotta planter where we're growing our own food. The pets mobile around either on paws or by riding their skate board around instead of using gas vehicles. A Well is a must have to produce the needed water supply for the bathroom and kitchen downstairs. The squiggly waterbed is where Pandora the bat is tending to the hatchlings in the fish hatchery. This is a needed food supply for our family of Kinz. It is powered up by the small duck wind mill and rainbow pinwheel. The lamp post is made from recycled materials, complete with blooming foilage to assist in regenerating oxygen supply aboad. The center piece is completed work from old bricks leftover from a construction site for the new store put in on Main Street. When evening falls, we have a globe which holds stars we've caught to not only utilize light when needed, but the globe is also used as a solar battery back up. This is to store unused power generated by the windmill, pinwheel, duckmill, and Geode. Hendrix the Frog, Pandora the Bat, Yellowstone the Bear, and Milk Dudz the Cow, all thank-you for stopping by their Green House. We hope you've enjoyed the tour of their latest addition to their home. Have a WONDERFUL Earth Day and Earth week! They remind you to recycle, reuse, and well, ya get the picture! Cheers
32saoirse is offline Female
Old 04-24-2009, 06:25 PM   #76

mrpenguin is an unknown quantity at this point

Talking Re: Official Earth Day Contest -- Win a Signature Panda or Insider Insider Membership -- Closes April 29th, midnight PST!

here is my super duper green room (-:

it is green because i get my energy from my mini multi colored pinwheels i never trampal wild flowers cause they help the envierment by creating oxogen when jumping on my special trampoline it creates energy and instead of useing rober i used jungle leaves that naturly fell of the tree to make my trampoline all my food is home grown encluding my ice cream see my ice cream tree all stones are leftover from buildings i get my warter from my well and instead useing batterys i use a sundial and that is way my yard is super duper green!
Attached Images
File Type: jpgwi contest2.jpg (82.4 KB, 105 views)
mrpenguin is offline Male
Old 04-24-2009, 06:26 PM   #77

suzy12356 is a WI addict!
suzy12356 is a WI addict!suzy12356 is a WI addict!suzy12356 is a WI addict!suzy12356 is a WI addict!suzy12356 is a WI addict!suzy12356 is a WI addict!suzy12356 is a WI addict!suzy12356 is a WI addict!

This week, Mr. Humphrey, curator of the Webkinz Children’s Museum, rolled out the green carpet in honor of Earth Day 2009. The Museum has “gone green” and is displaying and using different methods of powering everyday items. In addition, all the white chairs and tables are made from recycled materials, including the cushions that are made from recycled clothing and are stuffed with natural fibers. Mr. H was able to procure some bamboo plants to use as room dividers. Bamboo is a renewable resource that has many uses. Visiting pandas will be asked to refrain from eating the décor! The museum ceiling has a large skylight, so natural sunlight is available most of the time. In case of rain or darkness, a natural lighting source has been placed on each of the tables.
In the Snack Bar, Chef Milligan has “gone green” by replacing the electricity-using refrigerator with an ice cooler. He is pumping water into the sink with a wheel and is serving fresh vegetables from the garden.
Over in the WebMax Theater, the regular seating has been replaced with a natural grass mat. A solar-powered TV is being used to show “How to be an Energy-Efficient Webkinz.”
In the Hands-On Corner, the Li’l Kinz are discovering ways to power items besides using electricity. Nana Blackbear is using “feet” power to turn the light on and change its color. Doc St. Bernard is using “hand” power to operate the music box, while Ruby Humm turns the wheel to raise and lower the anchor.
Molly Manatee is in the main Display Area, ready to explain the power of water and the many ways Webkinz can use it. Belle Blue, in the hot air balloon, is demonstrating the power of the wind. For safety reasons, the balloon is tied down.

My webbies and I hope you enjoyed your visit to the Webkinz Children's Museum.

Last edited by suzy12356; 04-24-2009 at 06:29 PM.. Reason: mistakes
suzy12356 is offline Female
Old 04-24-2009, 09:13 PM   #78
Lil Kinz

perkins2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's my entry- Untitled.jpg
(Press to zoom in)

View Post Originally Posted by perkins2
Here's my entry- Untitled.jpg
(Press to zoom in)
Keep the green land clean!
Nature needs us and we need nature!
Help save what you think is important!
Make the earth have a smile on its face!
Think Green!
Conserve, conserve, conserve!
Reuse, reduce, recycle!
We can make a difference if we try!
Keep the enviroment healthy!
Teamwork!
Cheers

Last edited by perkins2; 04-24-2009 at 09:13 PM..
perkins2 is offline Female
Old 04-24-2009, 09:15 PM   #79

awsome is a glorious beacon of lightawsome is a glorious beacon of lightawsome is a glorious beacon of light

Everything about this room has a green side to it:

The glass walls- for growing plants and providing light during the day
The tiki torches- for providing light during the night (burns on left over french fry oil)
Bamboo- to feed my panda Oreo (grown at home, all year round)
Hibiscus tree/bushs- to feed my hummingbird Sir.Hummsalot
Couch- the wood was carved from fallen tree trunks and the fabric is biodegradable
Coffee table- made from home grown bamboo
Side table- made from 100% biodegradable materials and raises awareness for global warming
Bed- made from materials found in the near by forest
Stone floors- gathered from the forest and long lasting durable so you don't have to replace them every 10 years, more like every 100 years!
awsome is offline Female
Old 04-24-2009, 10:21 PM   #80
Lil Kinz
Roonytoon911 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi! This is my green room! I have my hummingbird Buzz showing you his Eco-friendly room. My two rivers are a great source of power, we use hydroelectricity to power all of our webkinz rooms! We have our four sbruce trees to add oxygen and keep our atmosphere clean and full of the air we breath! Our snow maker machine runs off of the hydroelectric power, it waters all the plants and cools all of us down while were playing! The oasis and ocra pond are great! Us animals need a watering hole to drink from and a pond to splash in! We have our plants growing to make our own Garden and to only eat the food we grow. The flowers are also a green touch to add more vegatation. Our bathtub is a mini pond, our animals have fun and get clean! It is also fed by an underground water supply that we replenish. The Table and the chairs are nice because when our crops are finished growing we can eat them on the table! The dolphin fountain is in honor of our dolphin flipper! Our hedgehog bush is to honor our friends spiny! Last, the rainbow fountain is to show off our beautiful colors of all our flowers. So, all in all being "green" is a way of life, and you need to show it everywhere!

~~Thanks!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpgwebkinz room.JPG (88.7 KB, 38 views)
Roonytoon911 is offline Male
Closed

Tags
a rockhead was here, awesome contest!, awesome!, contest, earth day, earth day!!!!, happy earth day!, happy earth day!!!, i hope i win!!!!, i hope i win!!!!!, make everyday earth day, missme wuz here, save the earth today! :), save the earth!, signature panda, ~kat24, ~webkinz4ever44~