Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2009, 05:02 PM   #61
God made u beautiful
Gifted

webbieluvr1924 is a forum hero
webbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum hero

Default Re: Official Earth Day Contest -- Win a Signature Panda or Insider Insider Membership -- Closes April 29th, midnight PST!

bk green room contest for wi.jpg

This is a great contest. For my green room, I will start by showing you the sleeping area. The bed is made of all natural material like vines, rocks, and leaves. The night stand is a natural mushroom holding a nightlight powered by fireflies giving off no pollution from electricity or gas.

For exercise, there is a solar powered treadmill made of wood from old trees that had already fallen. The fir trees in the corner help clean the air and provide oxygen for us to breathe and a shady place to rest.

The pond helps fuel our hydropowered tractor and we use it to water our garden in between rainfalls.

We eat food from our naturally grown garden in the other corner. Snickers, the dino, her favorite is the corn.

The windmill keeps us cool and helps power our hovercraft.

The other pond is a self-contained ecosystem with its own plants and fish in it.

As you can see, we are preparing to plant flowers soon that are in our wheelbarrow that we made from the same wood we used for the treadmill. We also used that wood for our lounge chair.

Hope you like my room. Thanks for the contest. ~webbie

Last edited by webbieluvr1924; 04-23-2009 at 08:03 PM..
webbieluvr1924 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2009, 05:21 PM   #62
Webkinz :)

Sherriswebkins is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Official Earth Day Contest -- Win a Signature Panda or Insider Insider Membership -- Closes April 29th, midnight PST!

2nd ANNUAL EARTH DAY AUCTION

The Webkinz Garden Club invites everyone to attend their 2nd Annual Earth Day Auction. There will be many items auctioned off for this charity; including rare items, furniture, plants raised by the Garden Club members and many more items. All proceeds from this auction will go toward giving back to Webkinz World. The Garden Club plans to plant trees in The Caring Valley with money raised. Do your part, attend our function, help us "Go Green" in the Valley, so that we will all have clean air for tomorrow. The Webkinz Garden Club is a non-profit organization and takes pride that their facility is environment friendly and completely operated by solar power. Find out today what you can do to have a better tomorrow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpgGarden Club.JPG (178.4 KB, 31 views)

Last edited by COWS4YOU; 04-24-2009 at 03:02 PM.. Reason: removed blue ink
Old 04-23-2009, 05:31 PM   #63
zboy3100
Gifted

zboy3100 will become famous soon enough

Click the image to open in full size.

This is my entry for the contest.

The WEC, Webkinz Earth Club decided to help out and make the Earth a better and happier place. The 5 members of this club are: Flo the American Cokcer Spaniel, Daffodil the Duck, Edwin the Elephant, Kiwi the Monkey, and their leader Tucker the Turtle. Each member was sure to wear their green Earth shirts.

Flo thought it would be nice to plant some new trees around the park because trees give oxygen to us. She was sure to not use fertilizer when planting the trees because to much fertilizer damages our soil and can lead to effecting other plants and animals.

Daffodil installed to Google pinwheels to collect wind power so they could power their homes. Not only do the pinwheels help us, but they look adorable. She also installed a fountain to create hydroelectric power and to add a nice touch to the park.

Edwin installed four solar powered lights around the park. He also planted flowers around them to add decoration and to give us more oxygen.

Kiwi planted many different colored plants to help decorate our beautiful Earth and to create more oxygen for our bodies. The flowers make the soil more powerful and healthy too!

Tucker, the leader of the group, tries out the new benches they installed in the park so the other Webkinz can sit down and enjoy the park. He is also on duty to make sure no one litters or throws out recyclable items that can be recreated and used as new items.

Thanks WI and Ameriwade for making this contest happen! Good luck everyone.

Last edited by zboy3100; 04-23-2009 at 05:47 PM..
Old 04-23-2009, 06:21 PM   #64
clydiebaby

Clydiebaby is on a distinguished road

Welcome to our green room! This yard is an extension of the house, used to take advantage of all that Mother Nature gives while never taking advantage of Mother Nature herself.

Most of the yard has been paved feau-rock paving stones. The pavers are beautiful and don't need to be watered! By limiting the square footage of grass in the yard, we limit the gallons of water needed to keep it growing. Stone is also used in our decoration, as the garden statue. Stone lasts forever, and is beautiful, so it is a perfect sustainable decoration material.

The water we do use to water the grass and garden comes from our well, which we keep safe by never using pesticides on our garden. Our trusty scarecrow and other organic farming practices help us grow big, nutrutuous veggies to grill up for lunch on our propane barbeque! Saspy picks the fruits and vegetables and carries them over to the grill in her wagon. Growing our own veggies means that there is no gasoline used to bring them to us!

Kaliedascope, Nanners, and Rainbow Starshine are getting ready to eat an early dinner on a picnic table and benches made from fallen trees shaded by big beautiful, oxygen-creating trees. Near the grill are small herb gardens for use during cooking. We only use cactus for decoration, as they require very little water to thrive. Colonel just got back from the local Farmer's Market on his low gas mileage scooter. He brought home some nice treats for dessert sweetened with honey from the bees in the area. Eating local honey will strengthen our defenses against local allergies so that we can use less chemicals in our bodies.

The windmill in the garden helps provide energy for the house. It is placed away from trees so that they do not block any wind that might be converted into power.
The hammock is Punkin's favorite place to take a nap, and because the sunflowers provide shade and the breeze is cool, there is no reason to run the air conditioning inside.

While all these room elements are green and help the earth, perhaps the greenest thing in the room is what Gumbo and Wiley are doing. They are PLAYING OUTSIDE! Our bodies are amazing things, and they do their best when they get plenty of playtime outside in the fresh air. Playing outside takes no electricity, does not produce waste, and helps our bodies remain strong and healthy! Nothing could follow the spirit of "going green" more!
Attached Images
File Type: jpgClydiebaby Green Room.jpg (74.2 KB, 30 views)
Clydiebaby is offline Female
Old 04-23-2009, 06:23 PM   #65
I'm a Littlestripe

lilpleak is a name known to alllilpleak is a name known to alllilpleak is a name known to all

Here is my entry. webkinzroomentryimportant.jpg Click to see it bigger.

In the backyard, Peanut tries to help the planet as much as possible. She has made all these ponds and planted trees. Even the daisies are in bloom!! In the upper pond, a little Orca Whale lives in this pond. He loves to help the planet as much as Peanut does!! He cleans and makes sure no one gets oil into his pond. Our next two ponds are the Wpond and the pond at the bottom. This is the home to the frogs and fish. They love to swim around and play. The eel that lives in the depths of this pond does not pollute and is very enviroment friendly. The heart shaped pond is a very special home to a very special love frog. He is the king of no water pollution. He will not allow any pollution whatsoever!! But he is a very good leader, and it is for a good cause. The pond in the back lets everybody have a good time, while saving the Earth!! Peanut is friends with all of these Earth savers and their dream is to save the Earth someday. And they will !!
lilpleak is offline Female
Old 04-23-2009, 08:30 PM   #66
Gift Guru

TexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roost

My entry:

The finished project:

A few things I'd like to point out:
(the coolers look like recycling bins, so that's what those are)
(Pretend the soccer ball is a volley ball LOL)
*All the activities on the park (jumping on the trampolines, scooters and skateboards, volleyball area, and benches to chat or read a nice book) encourage lilkinz and webkinz alike to come and enjoy the outdoors in and ecofriendly way, rather than waisting energy by playing video games or watching TV. (Or playing webkinz and surfing the internet, like we all are right now! Lol)
TexasGirl8 is offline Female
Old 04-23-2009, 09:05 PM   #67

kitkat97106 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkitkat97106 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkitkat97106 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkitkat97106 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkitkat97106 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkitkat97106 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkitkat97106 radiates beauty and kindness all around

Here is my eco-friendly room:

this room is eco friendly because:
The Bed is from recycled wood and the bedspread is made from the conversion of recycled plastic bottles into polyester fabric.
The chairs are all made from products my pets found on the ground while hiking. (dead trees leaves and toadstools)
From the window you can see our farms and orchids (where all the apples fruits and veggies are grown) the clock is made from a real apple and so are the apple chairs!
The books are all printed on recycled newspaper! and the bookshelf is made form dead trees we found.
The table is a real orange!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grown in our own Organic Orchid!
The portrait of all those webkinz are the "plant a tree" volunteers that came to help us turn a vacant lot owned by the city into a beautiful forest/picnic area.
Also The Walls were painted with organic paint and The Floors were made with organic fibers and the colors chosen look like mother earth.
All of our light comes from our nice window so at night it is time for bed anyways so why do we need light?

Also our 2 eco-CRAZY american cocker spainels have this to say about the room:

Faith: I love this room so much it is definatley the best room in the house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love coming in here to read on the comy toadstool chairs by all natural sunlight and opening the window let's in the wonderful fresh air!!!!!!!!!!!
Goldie: This is also my fav. room IN the house but i like working out in the fields more because i love being the first one to get to taste the freshly picke apples

This second picture is not my entry the 1st one is but here is the vacant lot we transformed:Click the image to open in full size.

I and and our world

Last edited by kitkat97106; 04-23-2009 at 09:16 PM..
kitkat97106 is offline Female
Old 04-23-2009, 09:42 PM   #68
hy yes, I am VERY
Gifted

sarastuff999 wows us all with wondersarastuff999 wows us all with wondersarastuff999 wows us all with wondersarastuff999 wows us all with wondersarastuff999 wows us all with wondersarastuff999 wows us all with wondersarastuff999 wows us all with wondersarastuff999 wows us all with wondersarastuff999 wows us all with wonder

Hello, awesome contest! My webkinz green room. picture by million_monkeys - Photobucket

My room is VERY eco-friendly! First off, there's the bam-boo, the bam-boo is old and so I thought I would make furniture out of it. Second, it's completely solar powered, even though I only have a lamp and a clock, I still thought that was important! Third, the fabric, paper, canvous and almost everything is recycled, even recyled metal and glass! Fourth, all the plants, everyone knows plants are important for the enviornment, so how could I leave that out? I decided, that if I won the contest, I would name the panda Hope, I think that name suits the panda and it's problems nicely. HAPPY LATE EARTH DAY EVERYONE!!!
sarastuff999 is offline Female
Old 04-23-2009, 10:51 PM   #69
Gifted

Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum
Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum

Lake's Perfect Panda Protection Post
All items involved in the Post are, of course, recycled and Earth Friendly (:

Zipp! Zipp! The last of the Panda Protectors slid out of the Perfect Panda Protection Post (PPPP). Hazel, the hedgehog and their helper, watched the black and white bears disappear into the jungle below. We must stop the "Digging of the Trees" before its to late! She murmured under her breath as she made her way toward her desk. News of more trees being uprooted had made the Protecters anxious. If the last of the trees where taken, there would be no place for pandas!

But there was one place where the Giant Pandas --- Protectors and wild Pandas --- could stay. The Perfect Panda Protection Post was filled with bamboo shoots as well as anything else a panda would want. The Tree-top Hot Air Ballon was great for looking over the construction sites, and the wonderful TV area was a relaxing place or the pandas to retreat to. With so many black-and-white friendly faces, it was a wonderful tree-house to go to.

Pandas found the details within the PPPP itself interesting...
- The great location was easy to find and reachable for all Giant Pandas... surrounded by a good crop (of whats left) of the Bamboo and trees.
- It had a great look out area for the Protectors to watch over their beloved forests... and to protect them when needed.
- The many tables and planning areas made a good spot to come up with plans to save the forest.

But perhaps the main reason pandas found this Post interesting is its meaning. The PPPP was ment to save them as well as all the other species who were in danger. It was a landmark... an actual mark that there was still hope for the Pandas... and a warning for the humans who continued to endanger these beautiful creatures.

From the Perfect Panda Protection Post Founder,
Lake and her very own helper, Oreo, the original Webkinz Panda

~~~~

Last edited by Lake; 04-23-2009 at 10:54 PM..
Old 04-24-2009, 10:21 AM   #70

kdogirl1998 is just really nicekdogirl1998 is just really nice

This webkinz room is very eco—friendly.
To save water, we have a barrel that harvests rain water so we can reuse it. The wood comes from old trees that have fallen down, and new saplings have been planted in their place. This item also doubles as a swimming pool!
We have many plants and trees in this yard. All of the flowers in the garden are natural to the area and can survive on rainwater. Instead of using pesticides, we use ladybugs that eat harmful insects and recycle food scraps into compost soil. All of the trees help the air we breathe. The treetop lamp has florescent lighting and is very energy efficient.
There are four trampolines, which are a great source of exercise and entertainment without using electricity. Also, the pounding of the jumping would provide energy. The plastic would be made out of recycled water bottles, and so would the plastic table and chairs.
In the corner, we have our solar power section. The windmill and the pinwheels harness wind power, which is used for the treetop lamp. The pinwheels and the windmill are made out of recycled materials.
There is also a sundial, which uses the sun instead of electricity. Our vegetable grows organically, and like with the flowers they are natural to the area and we don’ us pesticides. Next to the tables there is a recycling bin (it’s really a cooler, but oh well.) Instead of having cars that use gas to get around, we have a scooter that uses man power and gets webkinz exercise.
We hope you enjoyed looking at it!!!
Attached Images
File Type: gifWebkinz Eco--Friendly Room.GIF (147.8 KB, 25 views)
kdogirl1998 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
a rockhead was here, awesome contest!, awesome!, contest, earth day, earth day!!!!, happy earth day!, happy earth day!!!, i hope i win!!!!, i hope i win!!!!!, make everyday earth day, missme wuz here, save the earth today! :), save the earth!, signature panda, ~kat24, ~webkinz4ever44~