Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 10:17 PM   #191
Webkinz :)

dragonlady64 is an unknown quantity at this point

Talking Re: Official Earth Day Contest -- Win a Signature Panda or Insider Insider Membership -- Closes April 29th, midnight PST!

Click the image to open in full size.

Hi this is my Green Room. It is full of sunlight and plants to keep the air fresh. At night the sparkle plants and neon plant fill the room with twinkling lights like stars, competing with the real stars we can see through the glass roof. As there are no artificial lights, this is a very relaxing and peaceful room to be in. There are fresh oranges for breakfast and we grow our own bamboo for the pandas. A venus fly trap comes in handy for any unwanted insects. I hope you will come and visit and get your fingers dirty helping pot up the next batch of baby plants, or trim the bonsai trees with me. (Don't worry the tiger and zebra couches are just fake fur, we don't want any of our WebKinz friends to be offended thinking we would try to sneak real fur into a green room!)

Last edited by dragonlady64; 04-29-2009 at 10:20 PM..
dragonlady64 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2009, 10:38 PM   #192
Lil Kinz
PetPals is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Official Earth Day Contest -- Win a Signature Panda or Insider Insider Membership -- Closes April 29th, midnight PST!

My room is all powered by treadmills! At the desk is where pets can sit and watch and learn about how to recycle and about the environment. My bed is made all out of recycled plants and flowers that have been picked. The hot air balloon is made of recycled plants too and it is earth friendly! My pond is fresh spring water and it inspires pets to not waste water because all the water there is from the earth. I hope you like my room! The Earth is the best place!

:bdog: Thanks!
PetPals is offline Female
Old 04-29-2009, 10:40 PM   #193
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru

Angel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socks

Default Re: Official Earth Day Contest -- Win a Signature Panda or Insider Insider Membership -- Closes April 29th, midnight PST!

Welcome to the greenest home in the Angel Katz Village. First let’s look at the unique construction! The walls are made of adobe bricks, partially covered by white plaster. Adobe is an all-natural product known to insulate well against both heat and cold, and these walls are extra-thick to take advantage of these properties. The flooring was recovered from an old basketball court and has been re-finished to a beautiful, warm sheen using beeswax, another all-natural product. The bathroom uses the newest high-tech water saving fixtures. The barrels are part of a rain-water collection system used to flush the toilet and also water the outside xeriscaping and vegetable gardens. The privacy screens are made of recycled rice paper and wood. Climate control is achieved with the double-paned tilting windows placed all around and the fireplace. The windows allow the hot air to escape from the top and invite cooler air to come in through the bottom. This makes the home cooler in the summer. In the winter warmth is provided by the natural gas fireplace which is designed to distribute heat throughout the home using a unique and well-hidden system of ducts and vents. Naturally utility bills are minimal. Lighting uses the latest in energy efficiency too. There are giant compact fluorescent light bulbs providing light to the living area. In the bedroom there is a small lamp which draws and stores light during the day, then emits a warm, green glow at night. Most of the furnishings are either recycled or “re-purposed”, The clock is made of bamboo, as is the energy-saving television. The sofa and fluffy rug were found at local thrift shops and cleaned up. A crate makes a nice nightstand and the bed was found at a garage sale and uses a cotton quilt. The mats underneath the bed are made of woven bamboo and provide a bit of warmth to the kinz who are setting paws on the floor after waking up in the morning. The kitchen counters were re-used from a defunct diner, and the chairs are cleverly made of used hockey sticks and netting. The kitchen appliances may be plain-Jane, but they are the most energy-saving ones to be found. The towel rack in the kitchen always has a dish towel ready for use, cutting down on paper towel usage. Finally the plethora of plants guarantees a healthy level of oxygen in the quarters, plus the miniature orange tree gives fresh, organic fruit for a healthy breakfast.
Angel Daisy is offline Female
Old 04-29-2009, 10:50 PM   #194
momtofaye is a name known to allmomtofaye is a name known to allmomtofaye is a name known to all

Lightbulb Re: Official Earth Day Contest -- Win a Signature Panda or Insider Insider Membership -- Closes April 29th, midnight PST!

Earth First Marine Center

Instead of building a new Webkinz Marine Center, our progressive Webkinz coastal city decided to put the Earth first by going green and renovating a outdoor cafe that closed due to the tough economic conditions in the area. The location on the ocean front was ideal for their needs. To help offset the cost of the Marine Center, the city added a few tables and chairs, made from recycled plastic, installed some glass flooring for ease of observation and employs volunteers to serve chilled beverages that are stored in coolers, also made from recycled plastic, thus requiring no electricity.

Today, our own, Lady Pleione, the purple floral fox, is volunteering at The Marine Center. She is a retired Marine Biologist and loves to teach the kids about the endangered marine life in the area and the hazards they face due to pollutants in the ocean. Brek, the hippo, brought his three kids to the center so they could learn early in their young lives how to help the marine life in their area by not littering and properly disposing of toxic waste like motor oil.

You can visit the Marine Center daily from 9 AM to 6 PM (5 PM in the winter months due to shorter daylight hours). If you are interested in volunteering, please contact us to make arrangements. Thanks for visiting and do come again!

momtofaye is offline Female
Old 04-29-2009, 11:06 PM   #195
jinnsing

jinnsing is an unknown quantity at this point

This is my Earth Day room! The most important thing in my house is utilizing space. People don't need as much space as they use, so my small room has many different functions. Although it may look cramped, it is quite space enough for us!

My Webkinz family eats, sleeps, gardens, and plays in this room! During the day, the windows let in all the light we need, and the sun charges the solar panels (they're located on the roof!). At night, there are two energy saving lamps that illuminate the room. We pump our own water with the well, which encourages us not to waste. We have coolers made with environmentally sound materials that keep our food cold, and its refilled with ice each day. When the ice melts we use that water for things like washing up, so no water is wasted. The natural cloud maker keeps our plants humid and healthy, it also helps clean our air.

We grow a lot of our own food, this cuts a lot of waste and the food is fresher and more nutritious. Although we don't grow EVERYTHING, my family knows that every little bit helps. We continue to find ways to make our lives greener, and hope that everyone does too
Attached Images
File Type: jpgearthday.jpg (84.9 KB, 7 views)
jinnsing is offline Female
Old 04-29-2009, 11:14 PM   #196

surferdude13 is a jewel in the roughsurferdude13 is a jewel in the rough

It is important to edcucate children about the enviroment and wildlife. They can help by recycling and caring about the enivorment in the futrue generation. From habitats to different species of wildlife they should learn to conserve and protect and how they can care for it. They can also learn how to be more awake to the waste and how things can be reused and conseved. All in All, with my room children and adults alike can notice and experience the beauty of the great outdoors! Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle!
surferdude13 is offline Male
Old 04-29-2009, 11:31 PM   #197
kindness, pass it on
Gift Guru

webkizzle wows us all with wonderwebkizzle wows us all with wonderwebkizzle wows us all with wonderwebkizzle wows us all with wonderwebkizzle wows us all with wonderwebkizzle wows us all with wonderwebkizzle wows us all with wonderwebkizzle wows us all with wonderwebkizzle wows us all with wonderwebkizzle wows us all with wonder

Welcome to the A"maze"ing Community & Culture Gardens
where Earth Day is every day!

This is a community run garden and learning center. Volunteers teach earth-friendly classes to kinz young and old. They also tend the gardens and donate all the yummy fruits & veggies to local food shelters.

On the left side of the picture you see Carmello teach young kitty-kinz about Africa and how important it is to help save all the wonderful creatures that live there...especially lions.

In the center is Sixlet giving a bonsai class and talking about how important it is to preserve the forests.

Towards the top is Chrysalis the butterfly teaching little Phineas Finn about how butterflies help pollenate the flowers...not just the bees! She is telling him how hard she's been working at helping this awesome magic bean plant grow!

And last but not least, on the right we have Murloc wearing his reindeer antlers in support of the Save The Reindeers Foundation. He is chatting with his new friends about global warming, climate change and the habitat of reindeer. And if we don't make sure they are safe, how is Santa Kinz going to get around on Christmas Eve?

Last edited by webkizzle; 04-29-2009 at 11:34 PM..
webkizzle is offline Female
Old 04-29-2009, 11:38 PM   #198
Diabetes Awareness

starwolfspirit will become famous soon enough

Trica the chickadee greets me with a big grin.

"Welcome to my tree!" she twitters. "Come and join the fun!"

Carefully, I climb through the vines and leaves and into the canopy of the tree, which forms a solid platform underfoot, and I am astonished at what lies before me.

There are flowers everywhere, and trees, and toys, and even small buildings. I can't believe that this is the top of a tree! Trica sees my surprise and laughs.

"Come and see!" she chirps.

As I step forward, four more of my dear pets look up from their activities and greet me happily. Augie the crocodile is rolling around on a skateboard on his rear end, happy as can be, using his feet to scoot along. "Look Star!" he giggles. "Look at me! See how fast I can go?" He scoots along as fast as his little green legs can push him, but then all of the sudden he hits a branch, wobbles, and falls over. Laughing, he picks himself up and gets back on the board, then looks at me sheepishly. "You weren't supposed to see that part."

Snuggle the cotton candy bunny is busy coloring and reading in a lawn chair in a sunny spot, but looks up at me happily and gives me a smile and hug before going back to her book. She looks very content and I don't want to disturb her so I move on.

Mack the spotted turtle is swimming happily and quickly around the brightly-colored wading pool that is surrounded by beautiful red and purple flowers. His happy splashing is doing a great job of watering the flowers. He wipes the water out of his eyes and shouts to me. "Hiya Star! Want to swim with me?"

"Not right now, Mack, but thanks. Perhaps later." He grins and goes back to splashing, chuckling to himself. I can only wonder what he's so happy about.

Nara the deer is sitting quietly by herself in a chair made from a living tree. When I walk over to say hello, she looks up at me and yawns.
"Oh, hello Star," she says. "I was almost asleep. It's just so relaxing up here."
"It is, isn't it. It's beautiful. I'm just amazed by what you guys have done with this room."
Trica comes over to join Nara and I.
"Thanks, Star. We've all worked really hard on it. And you want to know the best part? It's all environmentally friendly."

Surprised, I can only stare at her. "You're kidding."

"Nope." Trica smiles. "See the pool that Mack is swimming in? Well, we draw the water up from the wishing well. We don't use chemicals in it. When we're done using it in the pool, we use it to water the flowers and trees, and fill the pond. And we have the two outhouses instead of regular toilets. We collect the waste to turn into fertilizer. Because we're outdoors, we don't need any electric lights, we just use sunlight to light our tasks like reading and other things. Even the 'chair' Nara's sitting in is all natural. It's a living tree. And last but certainly not least, all of the toys we have up here are powered by us, not batteries. Like what Augie's riding now- he has to use his feet to make it go."

I look around at all the things that Trica has described, and realize just what a wonderful thing my friends have created. If everyone could do just a fraction of what they have, such a difference could be made in the world! I turn to Trica and Nara and hug them both.

"I'm so proud of you. All of you. You've done a wonderful job. Thanks for sharing it with me, and thank you for working so hard to make the planet a little greener."

Last edited by starwolfspirit; 04-30-2009 at 12:08 AM..
starwolfspirit is offline Female
Old 04-30-2009, 12:00 AM   #199
Splendiferous
Gifted

thimbleina is a glorious beacon of lightthimbleina is a glorious beacon of lightthimbleina is a glorious beacon of light

Here is my "green themed room" It's supposed to be a center for webkinz to recycle and learn about "being green". Because when you recycle, you make peace for the earth itself. (That's the reason for the peace sign). Also, there's a trash can for recyeing, and ther are bottles and things near it. And a wagon for hauling the bottles and such. There's also a TV to watch a vidoe about saving the earth.
In the part of the room with the rhino truck, Lambie Pie is trying to get Pinky to stop using her diesel-burning rhino truck, as it is poluting the air around it. Lambie wants Pinky to drive an electric car instead.
So, tht's the story for my room. Hope you like it!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpgwebkinzgreen room.JPG (103.4 KB, 10 views)
thimbleina is offline Female
Old 04-30-2009, 12:16 AM   #200

bambrowneyes is on a distinguished road

This is my Yoga room. It is diffently the most Earth friendly room. From the natural light thru the many bright windows. To the fact that Yoga is a self-contained excercise no equipment that uses electricity or when the equipment gets old it will not end up in a landfill. The natural sounds of the drum instead of an radio. Yoga should be done in a room with a natural temperature so no need for heat or air conditioning. With these four things there is no electricity used at all. Next the Decorum, the floors are made of recycled bamboo. The mats are also from recycled bamboo, cardboard, and natural reeds woven by hand no machines needed. The recycled paper wall hangings are hand made and painted. Then we have bamboo plants to help with the cycling of our air we breath taking the carbon-monoxide out of the air and give us fresh oxygen to breath. Each student is wearing yoga outfit made from organically grown cotton , They each got the outfts from an exchange clothing group. The water comes from a refillable container no water bottles to throw in landfills. Last but not least the excercise in it's self is the best for the earth. Excercise makes a person feel good about taking care of themselves so they in turn want to take care of other things and other people which in turn they want to take care of themselves and so the cycle begins. Thank You!
Attached Images
File Type: jpgYoga.JPG (109.3 KB, 50 views)
bambrowneyes is offline Female
Closed

Tags
a rockhead was here, awesome contest!, awesome!, contest, earth day, earth day!!!!, happy earth day!, happy earth day!!!, i hope i win!!!!, i hope i win!!!!!, make everyday earth day, missme wuz here, save the earth today! :), save the earth!, signature panda, ~kat24, ~webkinz4ever44~