Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2009, 04:21 PM   #11
L E A H ! !
Webkinz :)

Lelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonder

Default Re: Official Earth Day Contest -- Win a Signature Panda or Insider Insider Membership -- Closes April 29th, midnight PST!

Hello, thank you to WI, and Ameriwade for making this awesome Earth Day contest!

First, here is my indoor rainforest room, that is very Earth-friendly.The hammock is made with real bananas, that are recycled, and the orange tree is the source of our orange juice stand, many people order it and they say it's very tasty! That geode is one of the precious prizes I found when I was mining in Arte's Gem Mines. It is one of my most prized possessions. The bamboo is for my Panda, Ying. She is a Lil' Kinz panda who loves bamboo! "The couch is very comfy", says Tommy, the bullfrog. "Thank you", says Spots the Spotted Frog. I won that tree on a vacation, and all of my pets love it, it's very easy to blow up, and take down. The lamp is made out of bamboo, that has gotten old, and that Ying doesn't like anymore. All of the pets love to be green!
Click the image to open in full size.

Also, here is my Outdoor Garden, the lawn chairs are recycled, and we grow foods, and plants here, and also sell them. All of the other Webkinz love coming to our organic fruit and vegetable stands. This is our lovely pond, where the webkinz can have lunch around. This topiary that me and all of the webkinz have made together shows friendship and working together, we all loved to work together, we are planning to make another soon! The windmill cools us off on hot days, we like to use electricity for fans and air conditioning only sometimes, to not waste energy. The Oak tree has some colorful bird houses that we've made, that are now filled with birds, and their babies. We hope to get more birds someday!

I hope you have a wonderful Earth Day, and keep our Earth clean!
~Lelex13

Last edited by Lelex13; 04-22-2009 at 04:59 PM..
Lelex13 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2009, 04:31 PM   #12
☮♥ & ♫
Gifted

toast177 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Official Earth Day Contest -- Win a Signature Panda or Insider Insider Membership -- Closes April 29th, midnight PST!

HAPPY EARTHDAY!
Join us as Curly,Bambini, Hannah Banana, Gatorade,Tiki, Lovey and cupid celebrate 'going green'.
right by the recyling can is there solar powered lava lamps on their earth tables.hannah banana gets ready for earthday by applying her earth friendly cosmetics, and bambini is crusing around in her air balloon made of leaves (not powered by electric). the room is all windows so the sun is their light. all of the paw prints around the room represent how important it is to keep your pawprint green (foot print-carbon footprint)the stuffed animals and furnature are made from 100% recycled materials. the pets also like to keep alot of flowers in the room to show the natural beauty of the outdoors, and the hearts to remind them how they love the planet and how important it is to GO GREEN!
-toast177
toast177 is offline Female
Old 04-22-2009, 04:41 PM   #13

treetrunk5767 has a spectacular aura about

This is my eco friendly garden, where my pets come to relax and enjoy the fresh air. These plants help clean and purify and bad air. In the lake thousands of tiny fish swim through clean waters handmade by our koala, Branch. In this picture, our gardener, Croak, is enjoying his garden excited to finally show it off. Don't worry, the wood in the bench, gardening shed, and windmill are made of a dead oak we found in the park, and cleared it up for new trees to grow. The friend topairy in the corner shows our friendship to our fellow webkinz as well as our Earth. Hope you like it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpgHouse 1.JPG (90.7 KB, 95 views)
treetrunk5767 is offline Male
Old 04-22-2009, 04:42 PM   #14
ow:...
Gifted

MissHolly181 will become famous soon enough

This is my green back yard! my pets raise and harvest their own food, so they dont waste gas buy having to have food (such as tomatoes) shipped all of the way from places (such as california) so thier local grocery. They have a well and a freshwater stream for their water supply. Their cherry tree keeps the air clean and fresh as well as providing them with tasty teats! They prefer to use their hot air baloon as a means of transportation instead oif wasting gas to get around the house. They also use the windmill for producing energy. They love sitting outside in nthe table or on the bench in the shade of the cherry tree, so they still keep cool without having to use a lot of air conditioning. they love ntheir green yard!!!
MissHolly181 is offline Female
Old 04-22-2009, 05:23 PM   #15
redvelvetroses
Gifted

redvelvetroses will become famous soon enough

This is out Eco Living Yard.

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Our fence is reclaimed wood. It was a fence to a farm not to far from our house that was putting up an new one. We took the wood, fixed it up a bit and it is as good as new. Reclaimed wood is very cool because you take wood that was used before and give it a new life. This saves trees from having to be cut down for their wood. It was also cool that the farm was near by. We did not have to ship the wood very far so this saved gas and energy.

Starting off from the left we have our outdoor chairs and pool that we got from freecycle. Freecycle is a online group adults can join to help keep stuff that can be used by others out of landfills. Say someone wants to get rid of something they can no longer use but it is still in good shape and can be used by others. If they put it on the freecycle website, others that may need that item will see it and can go pick it up for free. This give the item a 2nd life and keeps it out of landfills.

An other cool thing about our pool is that during the HOT summer we can play in it to stay cool. This saves a lot of energy because we are not running fans and air conditioners in our house. And its a lot more fun and eco friendly than sitting inside playing video games!

We also use a gas grill. Charcoal grilling is less environmentally friendly than a gas barbecue. Charcoal briquettes contain coal dust and sodium nitrate and emit more carbon monoxide and soot than a gas grill.

Our tables are made from terracotta and glass that have a plant in it. Terracotta is a clay-based unglazed ceramic. This is better for the environment than plastic tables because it is more natural and after it is old and cant be used anymore it will break down and go back into the earth. (Or maybe in a 1000 years an archaeologist will find it and can learn more about the people from our time ) Because it is not glazed (the stuff that makes other ceramics shiny) it does not have any added chemicals on it.

Next we have our pond, trees, plants and bushes. We all know how important trees are to the earth. They make the air we all breath. These trees were in the yard when we moved in and we thought it was important to keep them the way they were. The trees, bushes, and pond are very old and home to many animals. It is nice to sit outside being very quiet and watching the birds, frogs, squirrels, and other animals going about their day. The flowers make food for bees and butterflies. We added a bird bath so the animals would always have fresh water. The sundial is a fun and eco friendly way to tell the time when we are having a good time in the yard.

And last but not least we have out vegetable garden. We love our garden for many reasons. 1st it saves a lot of energy by growing only what our family needs to eat. We do not have to get food that has been grown far from where we live so it saves on the energy that it would take to ship that food. We grow only grow organic food. This means we dont use chemicals or anything unnatural on our plants. Organic food is healthier for the plant and our bodies. We use the scarecrows and natural plant sprays to keep pests from eating our plants. We also water out whole garden and yard with water from our very own well. We water after the sun goes down and only as much as the plants need so we do not waist any of the water.

Well that is our yard! I hope you enjoyed it and maybe learned a new way you can help the environment.

Last edited by redvelvetroses; 04-22-2009 at 07:04 PM..
Old 04-22-2009, 05:24 PM   #16
dolphina345

dolphin27613 is on a distinguished road

Talking Re: Official Earth Day Contest -- Win a Signature Panda or Insider Insider Membership -- Closes April 29th, midnight PST!

Hey, my room pic is attached!
->My green room is totally green all over! The walls are made from eco-friendly non-toxic paint. The floors are from bamboo which is really eco friendly b/c the bamboo tree grows much faster than other trees used for diff. flooring. The many plants in this room get beautiful sunlight through the windows. Speaking of windows, they are made from recycled materials too! The chairs are hand made from bamboo! And finally, the lava lamps are solar powered from the sunlight from the windows! Hope you guys like my GREEN ROOM!

oh! forgot to add that the tornado pot helps move the air around, kinda like an air conditioner!
Attached Files
File Type: docgreen room.doc (526.5 KB, 87 views)

Last edited by dolphin27613; 04-22-2009 at 05:26 PM.. Reason: forgot to tell about something
dolphin27613 is offline Female
Old 04-22-2009, 05:26 PM   #17
Gift Guru

Smaointe is cool as a bunny clownSmaointe is cool as a bunny clownSmaointe is cool as a bunny clownSmaointe is cool as a bunny clownSmaointe is cool as a bunny clownSmaointe is cool as a bunny clownSmaointe is cool as a bunny clownSmaointe is cool as a bunny clownSmaointe is cool as a bunny clown

Please see the attached photo.

My Himalayan, Zelda, one of the supervisors of the project is pictured in the home's beach room and has asked me to issue the follow press statement:

This Earth Day, Smaointe and her pets are making a massive effort to make their webkinz home as "green" as possible.

About the beach room:
Everything you see in this room is hand made and is made of all natural materials. The walls are painted with non toxic - all natural paint. It looks pretty simple, but we are trying to cut back on design and use all natural products instead. The beach room is a big reminder to us of how important "going green" and keeping our world clean is to us.

In addition we also installed solar panels on the entire roof of our home. We get all of our electricity from these panels. Instead of driving to get from one area of the house to another, we are walking. Walking is a very good form of exercise and we don't use any gas! All of our pets are also eating organic foods. This saves us money and keeps us healthy. The entire family is joining together to help make our home a better place to live in.

Thank you for reading this statement,
Zelda
Supervising Pet
Attached Images
File Type: gifScreenHunter_01 Apr. 22 14.50.gif (86.3 KB, 67 views)

Last edited by Smaointe; 04-22-2009 at 05:29 PM.. Reason: Some spelling and grammar mistakes
Smaointe is offline Female
Old 04-22-2009, 05:29 PM   #18
bballkid8296
Gifted

rockinsince96 has a spectacular aura about

My room is a restaurant.

"The Green Cafe" Is a great place to stay if you want to "GO GREEN" all the waiter's clothes are completley recycleable cloth. All the plates are all cleaned with enviornmentally friendly soap. The best part is, there are no lights during the day. But on cloudy days and night, they convert to solar power. Since it is all windows, there is no need for lights during the day. The food is all natural so you, and the earth, can stay healthy!

earthday.jpg
rockinsince96 is offline Male
Old 04-22-2009, 05:31 PM   #19
Gift Guru

GoldenPuppy has disabled reputation

Happy Earth Day!

Here is my entry:

This room is my Greenhouse. My pets grow their plants in this room to make it enviro-friendly.
First off is the beds. The beds were re-used so they don't go to waste - and shows that the butterfly bed presents the beuatiful Earth; the rose bed means the true meaning of planting plants, along with the flower bed. The brown sofas in the room are made out of 100% recycled materials and are very comfortable than other sofas. Everything else is reduced from used objects to what is there now.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:35 PM   #20
Its really fun being

iluvwebkinz84 is a name known to alliluvwebkinz84 is a name known to alliluvwebkinz84 is a name known to all

My entry is environmentally friendly because....

- This summer, instead of turning on those air conditioners, how about opening a window, such as the one shown, to let in some fresh air?

-- Lots of plants= lots oxygen, its a very healthy place to be as well

- You don't have to far for a view. Use the swamp runner boat (with no gasoline! ) to navigate the room and look at all the pretty little plants!

And benefit is...

Forgot to get a gift for someone? Ummm... just grab a plant?

and this room is a greenhouse
iluvwebkinz84 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
a rockhead was here, awesome contest!, awesome!, contest, earth day, earth day!!!!, happy earth day!, happy earth day!!!, i hope i win!!!!, i hope i win!!!!!, make everyday earth day, missme wuz here, save the earth today! :), save the earth!, signature panda, ~kat24, ~webkinz4ever44~