Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 09:00 PM   #181
So this is love
Gift Guru

sydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guide

Default Re: Official Earth Day Contest -- Win a Signature Panda or Insider Insider Membership -- Closes April 29th, midnight PST!

What awesome entries.

This is a room that I have been working on for a long time, and I am glad to share it with you.

Archimedes and Athena Tinkerpup have been working very hard to discover a new, energy-efficient source of power. Not only have they invented things that are powered by steam, they also have harnessed the infinite power of the classic Newton's cradle. Their discovery has astounded modern science who rely heavily upon the law of conservation of energy to explain the phenomena of the universe. As you may know, the law of conservation of energy states that the total amount of energy in an isolated system remains constant. Basically, energy cannot be created or destroyed, until of course, Archimedes and Athena's discovery.

Click the image to open in full size.

Please note that I use creative license here. My point is that, we have vast resources of energy available to us already, and even though it is not infinite, it is expected to last for another 5 billion years. It is my hope that real scientists (my tinkerpups just like to play games, lol) will be able to improve solar power as an energy source (meaning the technology to capture it will become cheaper and more available to all).

sydney88 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2009, 09:01 PM   #182
Call me Gina!
Gifted

gina12345678910 is a glorious beacon of lightgina12345678910 is a glorious beacon of lightgina12345678910 is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Official Earth Day Contest -- Win a Signature Panda or Insider Insider Membership -- Closes April 29th, midnight PST!

For this room, what I really tried to think about was how I could make things "green" as in enviromntally friendly. Here things are powered by wind, which saves tons of energy. We use a well to get our water, and the reason why is because say someone left the tap water running, that extra water would all be wasted, whereas if you have extra water in your bucket from the well, you dump it back into the well and it will be conserved for later use. The trampoline and hot air ballon are made from all natural rescources that won't harm or contaminate the earth, so Oreo the panda an have fun! We grow organic fruits, vegetables, and donuts! Organic foods are healthier for us, and our webbies because they have no pesticides or hamful chemicals that make us sick. We have grown many trees because trees give us oxygen and clean the air around us. Pollution is harming the Earth's atmosphere, and earth is our home. People have to understand that by not caring about the enviroment, animals habitats are destroyed and many of them are dying like the Giant Panda's, the world may be headed into a water crisis because of lack of clean water which is why we must save it, and cutting down trees means cutting off oxygen and causes pollution. Don't waste paper, reduce which means use less, reuse which means use something again instead of throwing it out like a plastic water bottle, and recycl which means turning something into something else. Also, we have an outhouse because flushing the toilet waists water. Be like Oreo, next time your about to throw out a water bottle, think of the giant pandas and take it home and use it again. Help the enviroment!
gina12345678910 is offline Female
Old 04-29-2009, 09:02 PM   #183
Webkinz :)

dragonfly is a jewel in the roughdragonfly is a jewel in the rough

I am posting my picture of my Webkinz garage. It is good for the environment because we should park our cars and walk or take public tranportation to where we want to go. This will save gas and we will not be contributing to air pollution.
dragonfly is offline Female
Old 04-29-2009, 09:06 PM   #184
JonasYear3000 &

Disneygirl2002 is an unknown quantity at this point

Lightbulb Re: Official Earth Day Contest -- Win a Signature Panda or Insider Insider Membership -- Closes April 29th, midnight PST!

My entry:
Click the image to open in full size. <<Danielle (my lioness) posing in my greenhouse/conservatory
At the greenhouse/conservatory in my Webkinz house, we have large windows that allow all of our plants to get plenty of sunlight and reduce the use of electricity, as no lights are needed when the sun is shining bright! The tables and chairs are all made of the organically-grown (as all the plants are in our greenhouse) bamboo. The gardening books are of course made of 100% recycled paper, and the lamps have CFLs light bulbs instead of regular light bulbs, because they use less energy. As a matter of fact, all of the energy for our lamps come from the use of our lovely treadmill! Also, orange trees and other plants are grown and the fruit and veggies stored in our tornado-in-a-pot-powered fridges so that consumers who want organic and carefully grown foods (including the ones in our garden) can be purchased, or eaten by the gardeners for a healthy snack!
Old 04-29-2009, 09:14 PM   #185

lashes is just really nicelashes is just really nice

Go Green & Go Organic Farm
As you can see Farmer John is out with his blue wagon collecting the crops from his natural organic garden. All of the plants & fruit trees are grown with no pesticides or poisons. The fertilizer is all natural from the animals or from garden waste that is recycled in the wooden compost container next to the outhouse.
Tweeter the yellow bird has been getting a drink from the fountain. The water is from the well in the garden.
Mrs. O’Leary is bringing some sunflowers to the garden to be planted. She started them from seeds from plants that she had harvested last year.
And Sea Biscuit has come to use the outhouse. This will be made into natural fertilizer to spread on the garden so that Farmer John has a bumper crop.
Farmer John always knows what time it is because he can see the sundial in the middle of his garden. He has 2 windmills so that he can generate enough electricity to not only run his farm and his house but he also sells the extra back to his local electric coop.
And when it gets dark Farmer John and the rest of the animals can still find the outhouse in the middle of the night because his tiki torches are fueled by methane gas from his compost pile.
Attached Images
File Type: jpgGo Green & Go Organic Farm.jpg (62.5 KB, 7 views)
lashes is offline Female
Old 04-29-2009, 09:41 PM   #186
babykait02 is an unknown quantity at this point

This is my "green" room. We use only compact fluorescent bulbs because my mom and dad say they are best for our environment. We make our own clothes out of fabric we get from our friends. Instead of a couch, we use a rug made from wool we took from our sheep. We made our own artwork... it was so much fun and is so cool to see our creativity every time we come home. We have a lot of plants in our house because they are natures way of cleaning the air. We even have an orange tree to provide some of our fruit. We have many friends who grow other foods so we trade some of our oranges to get some of their fruits and vegetables. We do have a big TV but it is powered by solar panels on the roof of our house. Our bed frames are even made with recycled materials. The dresser was an antique we found and restored. I hope you like my room... everyone has to do their part to make a healthier enviornment for everyone!
Happy Webkinz Day!
Attached Images
File Type: jpgGreen Room.JPG (175.5 KB, 12 views)
babykait02 is offline Female
Old 04-29-2009, 09:44 PM   #187
Gift Guru

kitty668 is not just visiting!kitty668 is not just visiting!kitty668 is not just visiting!kitty668 is not just visiting!kitty668 is not just visiting!kitty668 is not just visiting!kitty668 is not just visiting!kitty668 is not just visiting!kitty668 is not just visiting!kitty668 is not just visiting!kitty668 is not just visiting!

Oh, these entries are amazing! I don't think I'll be able to beat those. I'd love to give it a shot though! Here is my entry:
This garden is a very special place that many webkinz love to visit. The point of this garden is for everyone to plant at least one native plant on Earth Day. Planting native plants in an area could help them have a less chance of becoming endangered. Planting any non-native plants in this garden will be against the rules as non-native plants could wipe out a native plant's population. The water needed to take care of the plants will come from the waterfall, meaning no one will have to drive to another place to get the water. Using a car could pollute the Earth. This is why you don't see any cars in this garden. Walking, riding a bike, or using public transportation is recommended because this will help maintain a clean and healthy Earth. The heart ponds show that we love Earth, and we're willing to help save it. The flowers you see have been planted by our loving webkinz, showing how much they love the Earth. The charmling tree on the right was the first tree ever planted in this garden with the help of my own webkinz. It has been watching out for the flowers and provides sunlight for them. (If you look really closely you will see little lightbulbs on the tree.) This is also a good place to relax from a hard day at work because of all the beauty, even for Santa!

Thank you for such a fun contest! I've had lots of fun creating my entry.
kitty668 is offline Female
Old 04-29-2009, 10:03 PM   #188
Diabetes Awareness
sweetcher is on a distinguished road

Hi, my name is Michigan J Frog and welcome to my pad. As you know it is not easy being green, but I try my hardest. My floor is made from bamboo, which is both sturdy and renewable. The windows which harness solar power,also are well insulated to help cool my room in the summer and keep it warm in the winter. The solar power runs all the lights in my room and provides hot water for my bath. The fridge is an old fashioned ice box, which keeps food cool by using a large block of ice. My polar bear friend Aurora's grandmother sends blocks of ice down from the Arctic via dog sled. The garbage can is used for things that can be put in my compost pile. i used living bamboo plants as a divider between my sitting and kitchen areas. The bamboo plants also screen my bath area from view. The bamboo not only helps with converting CO2 to O2, but also provides my friend Noel the Panda with plenty of fresh bamboo( as you can see she has stop over for a visit and some fresh bamboo). I keep lots of plants in my room to help with the conversion. the wooden furniture was made by my great grandfather, Pennsylvania B. Frog and has been passed down in my family. My bedside table is made from a repurposed old tree stump. It came from a tree that was sick and this is all that could be saved. I planted another tree in it's place.
Attached Images
File Type: jpgMichigan J Frog's room.jpg (105.1 KB, 13 views)
sweetcher is offline Female
Old 04-29-2009, 10:03 PM   #189
a wee bit
Gifted

kigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledge

OK--Here it is!

This room has many earth-friendly features. First of all, we grow our own bamboo to make the furniture. Also, we use a compact flourescent light bulb. We use a great fire pit for heat in the evenings. All the windows provide an abundant heat source during the day. We grow some of our own snacks such as jelly beans, and oranges. We even grow our own ice on our icicle tree! Our stove requires absolutely no electricity. We reduce our use of cleaners and water by providing mats on which to wipe our feet when we come in. Our pest control is a revolutionary plant that eats the mosquitoes or flies that are bothering us--no chemicals here!

Hope you like it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpgWI earth contest.JPG (163.1 KB, 9 views)
kigz is offline Female
Old 04-29-2009, 10:13 PM   #190
kellykinz8 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone! To celebrate Earth Day this year I made an Earth Day Awareness Room. My room is divided into four areas. Each area teaches my webbies different ways to help save our planet. On the upper right is my Earth Friendly Kitchen. In the kitchen is solar powered sun clock, a candle for lighting, and a dish rack for air drying dishes (much better than using the dishwasher). The Wishing Well is a great source of water, and all the work it takes to get the water helps to discourage overuse! Below that is my Earth Friendly Test Track where all my pets can learn to drive the most eco-friendly vehicles there are in WW. Razzle, my humming bird is the instructor and she guides the pets along the test track. To the left of the test track is my classroom, where Flower is teaching Chips Ahoy about recycling and reducing waste. Flower loves her "Earthy" tables and firefly lamp! Above the classroom in the upper left is the bathroom. This bathroom serves two purposes, the first one is obvious. The second purpose is to teach my pets to purchase Low Water Toilets, save water when brushing teeth, and to use washable towels instead of paper towels when drying. The room is kept cool by opening the windows and not using the AC, and there is a picture displaying the room's theme: Webkinz Care about the Earth! I hope you liked stopping by my Earth Day Awareness Room, I know my pets do!:easter::cmunk:
kellykinz8 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
a rockhead was here, awesome contest!, awesome!, contest, earth day, earth day!!!!, happy earth day!, happy earth day!!!, i hope i win!!!!, i hope i win!!!!!, make everyday earth day, missme wuz here, save the earth today! :), save the earth!, signature panda, ~kat24, ~webkinz4ever44~