Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 06:26 PM   #171
Gifted

hpharrypotterhp is a forum hero
hpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum hero

Default Re: Official Earth Day Contest -- Win a Signature Panda or Insider Insider Membership -- Closes April 29th, midnight PST!

Click the image to open in full size.

It was time once again for my Webkinz's Happy Earth Day Party!
Every April 29th, getting ready for the end of what they call 'Earth Month', one or two webkinz at a time sneak out during the day to plant a flower, tree, or do something to help the enviorment. Today, several of my webkinz decided to help plant trees, to clear the Earth's polluted air. Others planted flowers. Two even made small ponds! They figured out that if you work hard, even for only about 30 minutes, you can make a big difference.

Sparkler, who was last to plant his tree [the one right behind him] sat down to watch the sunset, satisfied with his days' work.
hpharrypotterhp is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2009, 06:51 PM   #172
Webkinz :)

248keri is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Official Earth Day Contest -- Win a Signature Panda or Insider Insider Membership -- Closes April 29th, midnight PST!

Here is my "green room". What makes this room green is the fact that everything in here is powered by the solar windows. these solar windows are unique because they run on the lights of the aura borealis! Instead of using lamps, cakes uses the Christmas trees for lighting, which again are powered by the solar windows. Not only do the trees provide light they also act as insulation on those extra cold nights. The fire place, as well as the stove, are powered by the extremely clean burring artic blue pine trees. For every one tree cut down to warm the house, five more are planted. Due to the massive size of these trees no more then two a year are ever cut down. Lastly the snow maker is used as insulation. The layer of fresh snow is used to keep the bath water hot at all times, and keep the refrigerator at it's coolest!
248keri is offline Female
Old 04-29-2009, 07:29 PM   #173
Major Phantom Phan!
Gift Guru

cmwqt has a brilliant futurecmwqt has a brilliant futurecmwqt has a brilliant futurecmwqt has a brilliant futurecmwqt has a brilliant future

Welcome to Camp Eco-Kinz, the most Earth-friendly camp in all of Webkinz World! Here at Camp Eco-Kinz, we teach every kinz how they can do their part to help save the enviroment, while having a ton of fun!

We have a natural lake for kinz to learn how to swim in, it also serves as a home to a multitude of fish and insects!

There are plenty of trees to provide fresh air, along with 4 hammocks so that the kinz can sleep under the stars.

There is a special area for cooking healthy, organic meals, and the entire camp is powered by wind energy from the wooden windmill. Camp Eco-Kinz grows all of its own food in the garden which also conserves energy. Every camper wears the Camp Eco-Kinz uniform, which is made of recycled, organic matherials.

At night, all of the kinz gather around the campfire to sing songs and discuss what they learned that day.

I got to speak to some of the campers, and they raved about how great Camp Eco-Kinz is! Brook the Robin said, "Camp Eco-Kinz has taught me ways to help the environment, plus I've made a bunch of new friends!" Peter the Rabbit told me, "If it weren't for Camp Eco-Kinz, I wouldn't be able to swim yet, and I wouldn't care about Earth, Camp Eco-Kinz is the best!" Hannah the Frog said, "I've learned soooooooo much at Camp Eco-Kinz, it is so much fun!" Matt the Monkey said, "If I could, I would live here all the time! The campers are super nice and I love to learn about the environment!"

So as you can see, Camp Eco-Kinz is the place to be!
cmwqt is offline Female
Old 04-29-2009, 07:31 PM   #174
Call me Katie!

cookiemouse333 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcookiemouse333 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcookiemouse333 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcookiemouse333 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcookiemouse333 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcookiemouse333 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcookiemouse333 radiates beauty and kindness all around

My room is "green" because our food comes from the garden, and our water comes from the well. We don't have any delivery trucks deliver anything to us, and we don't drive motorized vehicles. Instead we walk and ride scooters which keeps us from using fossil fuels.Using the garden and well instead of buying things saves things that are not biodegradable. We planted trees, because they give out oxegyn which we breath. They clean the air, so this yard is pollutant-free. The best part is that they only run on water, carbon dioxide that we breath, and sunlight. Unlike other things, plants don't use fossil fuels.
cookiemouse333 is offline Female
Old 04-29-2009, 07:36 PM   #175
Gifted

honeyluv55 is a forum hero
honeyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum hero

This is my Eco-Friendly Outdoor YardJ
My yard is eco friendly because it uses wind, biomass, and hydropower energy. My pets also use a wagon instead of a car; to save electricityJ
My plants (and pets) provide biomass energy. I am not fortunate to have windmills, but I do have “mini” ones. My pond provides hydroelectricityJ My chairs are plastic-which can be recycled; and I have plenty of plants, to provide food
Hope you like my Eco-Friendly entry!
Attached Images
File Type: jpgSolar.jpg (62.2 KB, 10 views)
honeyluv55 is offline Female
Old 04-29-2009, 07:46 PM   #176
Addicted to Webkinz!
Gift Guru

alk1983 is a jewel in the roughalk1983 is a jewel in the rough

I was really excited when I saw this contest. I had made this room with a clean/natural feel in mind. My webbies like to call this their "Courtyard"! According to the webkinz, everything is made from recycled or natural materials! (yep-that tent and patio set were special ordered because they were made by recycling trash!) They even planted a whole bunch of trees to help better webkinz world! Absolutely no waste, pollution, or littering is allowed here! And as a special treat, theres an all natural spa hidden in the corner to relax in! There they can soak and relax in the warm herb infused water! They say the soak helps both body and fur! And it smells wonderful-just like the fresh green smell of a forest! Theres lots of fun things to do after soaking! An all natural bamboo slide to play on, take a nap, cook on the bar-b-que(healthy foods only of course), get some excercise on the treadmill, or just stroll amoung the beautiful trees and soak in the sunshine and fresh air!! Has there been any webbie complaints about this wonderful slice of heaven? Just one! They wish the room was as big as Caring Valley-that way they wouldnt have to take turns visiting-they could all just stay there forever!!

My webbies and I would love to thank you for the wonderful contest-and a chance to share our love for the earth and environment! Thankies!
alk1983 is offline Female
Old 04-29-2009, 07:58 PM   #177
Proud To Be A

meggiemooz is a glorious beacon of lightmeggiemooz is a glorious beacon of lightmeggiemooz is a glorious beacon of light

Hi, and welcome to Duck Garden, the all-eco-friendly room - one of the very greenest in Webkinz World! But first, let us introduce ourselves!
Hi! I'm Meggie, and the lovely duck by the environmental waterfall is Lily! Eve SHE is eco-friendly! She decided not to wear clothes today, because they are made with cloth, which come from factories that pollute the environment! And Lily will not be held responsible for global warming! Anyway...let's let Lily tell you the whole story. Lily?
Lily: Thank you, Miss Meggie! Well, hello, I am Lily the duck, Meggie's very first Webkinz. I felt that I owed it to my 35 brothers and sisters to make the very best room that any of them have seen! But what could it be? And then it came to me! While I'm being kind to my family by making a new room, I should be kind to Webkinz World as well! So I went shopping!
First, I'll tell you about my solar power. Do you see the pretty blue golf cart? Well, I know how you're thinking how much gasoline that must take, and the pollution it creates! Well, I'll tell you something about this mode of transportation: it's pollution free! It's solar powered, which is why there is the little stylish 'roof' on top. It's actually a solar panel!
Next, the lamppost, in the middle of all the chairs, by the garden. It uses an LCD lightbulb, which is MUCH more energy-efficient and eco-friendly than normal lightbulbs! And the chairs? They're actually made out of woven grass, dyed blue. I know, SO kind to the Earth!
Can you see the water fountain in the upper-right hand corner? Well, it's an all-natural freshwater spring! We get all of our water from here, and use as little as we can to conserve it.
Finally, I am SURE you can see the sitting bench in the top left. We would NEVER cut down a tree - it's imitation wood!
Almost done! In the corner, there are 6 Googles wind-spinners. That's because ALL the energy here is either solar powered, or wind-generated! Our troop of Googles are working hard to save the Earth!
And finally, this room is filled with flowers and trees, and a garden. We grow our OWN food so we don't have to create pollution by driving to the W-Shop, and having our food imported TO the W-Shop by the extreme amount of gasoline the Travel Agency jets create while importing the food there. Also, our plants release oxygen and take in carbon dioxide - good for the environment, and EVERYONE! We can't liv without air! (Except my manatee sister, Zoe. She lives underwater, thus doesn't need any air! )
We hope you enjoyed the tour of our humble little room! Remember this always: BE KIND TO THE EARTH! Where else are you going to live?
-Meggie and Lily, on behalf of our 36 member Webkinz family! (hopin to become 37 with a Signature Panda if we win, LOL! All these rooms are AMAZING! )
BYE!!!
meggiemooz is offline Female
Old 04-29-2009, 08:09 PM   #178
Emma

emscales is not just visiting!emscales is not just visiting!emscales is not just visiting!emscales is not just visiting!emscales is not just visiting!emscales is not just visiting!emscales is not just visiting!emscales is not just visiting!emscales is not just visiting!emscales is not just visiting!

This is the story of Apollo,an award winning Golden Retriever. One day, Apollo went and talked to a Toucan who lived in a tree. The toucan said "The key to life was to make it green." So Apollo went and made a greenhouse. The next day everything had sprouted except for the crops. Three years later everything was Perfect. Apollo went into Webkinz World History.

Earth entry.JPG
emscales is offline Female
Old 04-29-2009, 08:35 PM   #179
So glad I'm
Gifted

muzicfreak has a reputation beyond reputemuzicfreak has a reputation beyond reputemuzicfreak has a reputation beyond reputemuzicfreak has a reputation beyond reputemuzicfreak has a reputation beyond reputemuzicfreak has a reputation beyond repute

Alright I finally pulled my room together (and depleted all my KC lol) so here it is

my room is green in many ways.
The plants are used to help feed all of my pets. there are no pesticides and it's all completely organic
The fountain runs off a natural spring and and is powered by the cherry tree. I know it may look like a normal cherry tree but it is actaually a decorcative, and useful windmill. every time the wind blows, it stores energy made by the rustling of the "leaves." Chikita (not pictured) is the resident genius and made it completely out of junl yard materials.
The pond was natural. Laylana (the lil' clydesdale) is good with art and carved the stones flat to go around the pond.
the hammock is from the junk yard. We found one that had a good frame and was just missing a couple of screws and fixed it up. Wile we were looking for the hammock we found a bench with the boards broken, but the ends were in perfect condition. We decided that it would be perfect and picked up some bamboo boards, which is more renewable the wood, and Gandi (the lepard) fixed and made it look perfect. All the trees were already there (except for the cherry tree power source) and they are a good source of oxygen.
We have planted most of the flowers. Not only was this room green, but it was a good lesson on not throwing things out, and that ones man's trash is another's treasure.
muzicfreak is offline Female
Old 04-29-2009, 08:43 PM   #180
scubaflying

PeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a hero
PeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a hero

Awesome contest! I'm SOO happy your giving away a siggy panda, I still haven't been able to find one. And a membership to WI would ROCK!

Here is my entry, please note that if it looks like anyone else's, I didn't know. I didn't look through the other entries.

I thought long and hard on what kind of room to make. Eco-Friendly, and cool. How could I pull it off? Then, I thought about what makes ME think of the earth. Peace signs! I'm not really sure why, but peace signs always remind me of the earth (And now, after signing the WI peace pledge, I also think of WI ) and being eco-friendly.

So.... I made a Peace room! I thought it would be a good entry coming from me. I also made sure to add trees, flowers, and a few windmills.

Thank you for your time. Good luck to everyone who enters!

Last edited by PeaceOut; 10-18-2009 at 10:12 PM..
PeaceOut is offline Female
Closed

Tags
a rockhead was here, awesome contest!, awesome!, contest, earth day, earth day!!!!, happy earth day!, happy earth day!!!, i hope i win!!!!, i hope i win!!!!!, make everyday earth day, missme wuz here, save the earth today! :), save the earth!, signature panda, ~kat24, ~webkinz4ever44~