Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 02:50 PM   #151
Webkinz :)

bballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter covered
bballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter covered

Default Re: Official Earth Day Contest -- Win a Signature Panda or Insider Insider Membership -- Closes April 29th, midnight PST!

here is my entry!

Click the image to open in full size.

Welcome to the Kinzville Physical Education Organic Farm! Here at the farm we believe that the first step to a healthier environment is to get children off the couch and in front of the TV, to the outdoors! "The main purpose of the organic farm is to have an environmentally friendly area where children can participate in team sports, (volleyball) and to learn how to grow their own food by working in our garden" says Carrie the black bear, farm founder.
Here to the right of the produce, corn husk dolls are made from all natural material from our very own farm! You could say this is making "treasure out of trash". Our hot air balloons that the children may ride on is a good way to cut down on pollution.
Ounce people are more aware of their environment, they can truly start caring for it. Kinzville Physical Education Organic Farm is doing it's part in "going green", but it takes effort from everyone to make our planet a better place to live.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2009, 02:53 PM   #152
Tim Gunn is a
Gift Guru

kateannec11 has much to be proud ofkateannec11 has much to be proud ofkateannec11 has much to be proud ofkateannec11 has much to be proud of

Default Re: Official Earth Day Contest -- Win a Signature Panda or Insider Insider Membership -- Closes April 29th, midnight PST!

Wow, I almost forgot to enter!

Anyways, here is my 100% green room. My little sister helped out with this room when she saw the awesome prize, so this room is very green! Everything electric is powered by the wind turbines in the first corner. As you can see my polka dot fish had a hard time setting them up, but now she is taking a well deserved break. The floors were made by our handy squirrel, but he made sure to leave plenty for the pandas back in China! He also made the great chair and the boombox out of wood that wasn't from the rainforest!The chicken loves bananas so he made sure to include lots he had found in his backyard banana tree. Sunyolk the bird couldn't survive without her toys so she took all of the leftover cornhusks after we made secret recipes and made herself a doll to play with. My sister insisted we could not win without some green, so all of the pets are wearing the best green fashions created by persephone. This room supports the enviroment and the economy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpgcontest.jpg (40.6 KB, 13 views)
kateannec11 is offline Female
Old 04-29-2009, 03:10 PM   #153
Dave Matthews Band

CrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talent

What you are looking at is the Kinzville Recycling center, the place where webkinz come to recycle and help the environment!
The big garbage bins are used to recycle cans. Opposite that, in the bamboo and other trunks are paper and cardboard. The other bins are used for bottles and plastic.

Over to the right is the place where we sell seedlings for people who would like to help the environment, along with tree's that, when planted, will help the air turn much much cleaner and easier to breath in. The money that we raise from them help make our recycling center a better place for the kinzville community!

The vortexes are the machines that actually recycle the everything! It is VERY educational for younger viewers that would like to watch the process.
Close to the middle of everything is the exiting crystal ball! You can actually see what the things you have recycled will be made into sometime in the future!

Now that you have taken the tour, I would like to tell you how our recycling center is very green. Our crew here at the kinzville recycling center, follows the three R's, Reduce, Reuse and Recycle! Not just at work, but at home also! The vortexes do not use gas to work, they use solar power, which is much better for the environment.
And we also have guides to teach kids, and adults how to go green and, for the kids, not to sit around in the house all day playing video games.

REMEMBER, GO GREEN!

Last edited by CrabCake; 04-29-2009 at 05:14 PM..
Old 04-29-2009, 03:50 PM   #154
oo hoo! Nickelcat is
Gifted

Nickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no bounds
Nickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no bounds

This is my collie Laddie’s environmentally friendly room. The room is small, so it takes less energy to heat and cool. The walls are painted with a low VOC paint (VOC stands for Volatile Organic Compounds). Low VOC paints give off much less toxic fumes than regular paint. There are several windows to let in fresh air and give plenty of natural light. When artificial light is needed at night, the lamps are compact fluorescent bulbs, which use much less electricity than incandescent bulbs. The rugs on the floor are tatami mats made out of bamboo, which is a natural fiber that is sustainable because it is rapidly renewable. The table and chairs are also made of bamboo. The bed is made of reclaimed wood, and the linens are made of unbleached bamboo fibers. There are several plants in the room, which take in carbon dioxide and give off oxygen.

Last edited by Nickelcat; 04-29-2009 at 03:53 PM..
Nickelcat is offline Female
Old 04-29-2009, 04:10 PM   #155
spongiebobbie
Gift Guru

CatCaretaker has a reputation beyond reputeCatCaretaker has a reputation beyond reputeCatCaretaker has a reputation beyond reputeCatCaretaker has a reputation beyond reputeCatCaretaker has a reputation beyond reputeCatCaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Spongiebobbie’s Entry. Bamboo flooring…hardwood floors come from trees that take 30 plus years to grow and and bamboo can be continuously reharvested every three years without harming the surrounding environment and the harvesting is good for the bamboo plant itself. So the storage, tables, chairs and bedframe use this material as well. In this room no extra processing..we would rather a natural rustic look versus the chemical processing needed for softer fibers.
Notice our windows allowing light and heat in the daytime. They are good windows to avoid heat loss that would run the furnace more and use extra energy. Of course we have replaced all our lightbulbs with energy efficient ones saving not only money but cutting back on our energy use by about 25%.
We have some orange trees in the room, but our organic garden provides us with lots of fresh food so we don’t have to import our food from far away, cutting down on our transportation footprint. We walk or as you can see skateboard whenever possible to avoid using gasoline and polluting even though we drive a hybrid and keep our tires correctly inflated to get good milage.
Why is one room performing so many duties….sleeping, cooking, eating, entertaining? Because people have way more house then they need, which in turn needs more energy to run and stuff to fill it. We don’t waste our space to avoid wasting things…but of course we would recycle what we can through recycle bin, compost heap, or for unwanted but still good items donation to a charity because garbage is the last choice!
We like to spend our time playing cards or sports….I see someone left their ball on the coffee table again….or reading, but a library book so it will be reused….instead of using electricity items like the tv or computer….except of course for Webkinz!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpgwi entry.jpg (91.2 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by CatCaretaker; 04-29-2009 at 04:13 PM..
Old 04-29-2009, 04:18 PM   #156
♥Call me Tricia♥

libra95 will become famous soon enough

In our greenhouse, everything is either recycled or environmentally friendly!

First of all, the table that Hailey and Bella are sitting at is made of 100% recycled plastic! Bella's feather chair is made of actual feathers(don't be alarmed, the bird died of natural causes). The bathtub is made of stones and re-purified water(it was already used) and my Webkinz take baths with water at a cooler tempurature to be environmentally friendly because it takes more energy to heat hot water. The shoe car thingy is made of recycled materials and is powered by pet's feet, not electricity! The neon plant is powered by the solar power coming in the window, and the rest of the plants give us more oxygen. Although that might look like a lava lamp, it's not. It's actually all natural substances that are moving around in reaction to the sunlight shining on it. Our floor is made of recycled wood, and our wallpaper is actually recycled newspapers. The two beds are completely recycled. The flower one is made out of flower petals and is very comfy, and the butterfly one is also made of flower petals! All of my pets love this room.
Attached Images
File Type: jpgED.jpg (49.8 KB, 9 views)
libra95 is offline Female
Old 04-29-2009, 04:20 PM   #157

shellwcross is cool as a bunny clownshellwcross is cool as a bunny clownshellwcross is cool as a bunny clownshellwcross is cool as a bunny clownshellwcross is cool as a bunny clownshellwcross is cool as a bunny clownshellwcross is cool as a bunny clownshellwcross is cool as a bunny clown

Azalea and Flora felt it was time to give back to the environment. With all the deforestation, they wanted to start by planting a forest. They invited the Yeti to come and help them protect the forest and all its inhabitants, including Fawkes the Phoenix.

Once the forest was ready, they journeyed around Webkinz World and asked their friends for environmentally-friendly donations to help them finish up their project. It was quite a success. With these, they were able to show their love for the environment and attract many beautiful butterflies.

They finished off by building an all wood Windmill. This way they can use it to collect wind power for all their electoral needs. Another great way to help preserve their environment.
shellwcross is offline Female
Old 04-29-2009, 04:36 PM   #158
Wacky Be
Gifted

wikylo is a creator of wonder
wikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonder

Ok Here is our room. for our story, I'm going to hand the keyboard over to Noella the Minty Reindeer, lead designer of Decorative Designs for the Environmentally Friendly!!!

Noella: At Deco.D.E.F. our goal is to show that you don't have to live in the middle of the woods to go green, but that if you just make some simple modifications to your everyday room, you will be doing your part to help the Earth!

To first explain our design, we would like to point out that the furniture in our room is either recycled or 100% biodegradable! Ok well bamboo beds (hopefully for the panda and its future chimp friend) are a great alternative to normal beds, because first off, the frame is made of bamboo and will completely decompose when its duty has been fulfilled!

Our wall lighting uses fluorescent bulbs which not only minimizes the use of electricity which minimizes the amount of coal burned to power our home which then saves our atmosphere and ozone layer so that the glaciers in the Arctic won't melt and kill polar bears and submerge half the modern world, but it also saves you $$$ on your power bill!

The numerous plants in our room absorb the airborne toxins in the indoor air and replace it with 100% pure oxygen making our room hypoallergenic and add some total chicness to the aura in our room!

And of course the wall decorations are made of recycled canvas and use natural dyes instead of toxic paint!

We hope yall love our room and maybe will give us a panda!

jk, yall choose who you want!

This contest is great!

Thanks Justin and Ameriwade!!!

~wiky
Old 04-29-2009, 04:59 PM   #159
alex gaskarth is a
Gift Guru

Katarina has much to be proud ofKatarina has much to be proud ofKatarina has much to be proud ofKatarina has much to be proud ofKatarina has much to be proud of

My "Green" Contest Entry

The Story

It is the year 2025. Calvin and his daughter, Jenifer are trying to enjoy their day off at the backyard of their house in Kinville but it is just too hot. Jenifer cannot handle the heat since she is just a little calf. They both fo in the pool, but still the pericing sun is burning them alive. Jenifer puts on her sun hat, but it is still not enough. And somehow when they lay on the hammock together in the shade, the humitidy is making it hard to breathe while laying down. The thermometer is reaching over 100 degrees.
Calvin and Jenifer walk over to the snake pond, that lies behind the shrubs.

"You know, Jen. Kinzville always wasn't this hot." Calvin begins.
Jen looks up, not beliving.
"When I was a your age, many years ago, we had a beautiful life. REAL trees would grow from the gound and not the fake ones we've put here. The shrubs would a a dense, dark green. Beautiful. And the flowers. Well, they'd be better than the Allium ones."
Jen looked up again in disbelief.
"Don't believe me? Well here is something else that is crazy - Snow used to fall from the sky. And hale, and sleet too!"
"But waddy, dose are onvly in ourrrr boks"
"Yes Jen, but those things do exist - or did"
"Why wid dey go bye byes?"
"They didn't have a choice, sweetie. When the big companies started to release bad chemichals in the air, and even Kinzvillians too, the plants died. And not only that but all the ice melted."
"Awwlllll of it?"
"Yes, allllll of it. And then it got hotter and hotter. Every year it would be more and more. The scientists figured out how to keep us alive, but by just enough. It was devistating."
"Wou almoz dideed?"
" No, but the planted Earth did. The animals dissapeared, plants and some people. Everything was going quickly. And now that I think about it, it still is!"
"Weee need to sav Earrrtthhh"
"Your right Jen! We do! We can start to recycle again!"
"Recicle?"
"I'll explain it later! We have so much to do! And not enough time!!"

Calvin and Jen then beging to bring back recylcing and good, clean habits. The Earth doesn't automaticly go back to what it was when Calvin was young but by the year 2054, almost 30 years later it is completley healed with minor issues. Jen is at a conference for CJ Earth telling the story about how it was founded.

"So, as you can see CJ Earth has a long and happy history. As we are planning to celebrate our 30th annivirsity, greenly of course, I want everyone to know how hard we have worked and how much my father would have apprichated it. I want you all to know that I am pround to stand here today and represent EARTH....... and the people of it."

==============================================

Why it's Green

The backyard where Jen and Calvin had the idea to save the world is green because when Calvin had built the house ( in 2015 ) it was very expensive to have plants, so he invented a fake plant that still created oxgyn that was made from recycled paper! And his hamic was woven from tree bark and dead plants. Not only that, but the Windmill is made from a dead tree and is run off of solar panels which do not give off green house gasses. The wagons & scooters ++ the pool was made from bio - degradable material which means over time it will dissinagrate and the river/fountain was made from compost that he compressed.

===========================================
What it means

Bio degradable - Can and will dissinagrate into the dirt and will not fill land in the landfills.
Compressed Compost - Trash that was compressed to make some sort of material.
Recycled - Is being used again or is being donated to be used again.
Solar Panels - Uses the sun's energy to create clean energy
Green House Gasses - Gasses that come from Fossil Fuels which destroy the atmosphere
Fossil Fuels - Gases and Oils that the Earth natuatly makes over a long period of time

=======================================================================================

FIN

Last edited by Dixiecup; 04-30-2009 at 07:27 AM.. Reason: I had to eat and then I needed to finish it... sorry if I did something wrong
Katarina is offline Female
Old 04-29-2009, 05:01 PM   #160
pnemonia

webkinzlover952 is on a distinguished road

This is my green forest room which is completely environmentally friendly. It uses absolutly NO fossil fuels and electricity, it makes it! (I mean the electricity) The windmills and the super pinwheels which can now with a couple upgrades can produce electricity. The forest that is in the back will NEVER be cut down and will make more oxygen and get rid of carbon dioxide. The sundial will tell all of my webkinz the time yet only uses sunlight and no electricity. People sometimes neglect to use all of mother nature's power like solar and wind power and burn fossil fuels that we won't get back for millions of years. Thanks, and I hope you like my eco-friendly room!
webkinzlover952 is offline Male
Closed

Tags
a rockhead was here, awesome contest!, awesome!, contest, earth day, earth day!!!!, happy earth day!, happy earth day!!!, i hope i win!!!!, i hope i win!!!!!, make everyday earth day, missme wuz here, save the earth today! :), save the earth!, signature panda, ~kat24, ~webkinz4ever44~