Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2009, 09:57 PM   #131
ercka78
Gifted

CHARC0AL is a name known to allCHARC0AL is a name known to allCHARC0AL is a name known to all

Default Re: Official Earth Day Contest -- Win a Signature Panda or Insider Insider Membership -- Closes April 29th, midnight PST!

Click the image to open in full size.

This is our webkinz family go green room! The whole room is powered by Solar energy from the sun! Instead of using a heater to keep warm, you can save money and more by starting a fire. This also shws that you do not need electricity and games to have fun, go outside,get fresh air and ride a scooter or another vehicle that does not pollute the air. Planting a garden is a great way to go green too because you do not have to drive to the store to buy fruits or veggies, just go outside to pick them.

I think this contest was a great idea and it really made people think about going green and help save our planet. Thank you WI!
CHARC0AL is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2009, 01:07 AM   #132
Gift Guru

natalinkp is a splendid one to beholdnatalinkp is a splendid one to beholdnatalinkp is a splendid one to beholdnatalinkp is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Official Earth Day Contest -- Win a Signature Panda or Insider Insider Membership -- Closes April 29th, midnight PST!

Oliver and Mocha take their green duties very seriously. All animal made products such as the bench, clothes and the balloon and scooter are made from their bamboo plant. Natural plant dyes are used to create colours.

They wake up in the morning and after a visit to the composting outhouse, tend to their plants; drawing water from the well, picking their organic food and mostly eating raw.

Power comes from two sources; hydro from the waterfall, which doubles as a bath and swimming pool and wind power from the windmill. Thiis can be used to heat up air to run the balloon.

After breakfast and a bath and swim, they do a little exploring. If the journey is short, they double up on Mocha's foot powered scooter. For longer trips they take the balloon.

They love to picnic near the water fall and under the cherry trees, downwind from the outhouse.

For entertainment in the evening the friends sometimes have visitors. They exchange recipes or play games such as hide and seek, tag and charades. Sometimes they have a quiet evening, sitting together and telling stories, reading the short bamboo books they have created or playing board games like mancala that they have made from bamboo and stones. These rare treasures are stored on a special shelf in the roof of the outhouse. Their favourite nighttime activity is star gazing, counting and identifying stars and constellations.

Light at night comes naturally from the beautiful bioluminescence of the wand sparkle trees.

Tired out from their long day, Mocha and Oliver curl up to sleep; Mocha on the bench and Oliver in the tree beside it. They sleep well, secure that they are doing their best to reduce their biological footprint.

What an enjoyable contest! We had a lot of fun with this one. Thanks to WI for keeping the creative juices flowing and to Webkinzlover525 for teaching me how to do the pictures with her great guide!

Last edited by natalinkp; 04-29-2009 at 01:18 AM..
natalinkp is offline Female
Old 04-29-2009, 08:17 AM   #133
Webkinz :)

salenapanda is on a distinguished road

earthday contest.jpgHere is my green dining room. With the large windows and a large open room there is plenty of natural light during the day to warm and light the room. With the windows open and the trees surrounding the yard outside allows fresh oxygenated air to flow inside. At night when it is dark the fire pit provides light and heat. The fire pit is ran much like a campfire without electric or gas just plan wood and a match. The food is brought from the kitchen and for extra light at night candles can be used.
salenapanda
salenapanda is offline Female
Old 04-29-2009, 08:52 AM   #134
Snackerdoodle,Imanan

Swonderful is a jewel in the roughSwonderful is a jewel in the rough

Shot at 2009-04-29
Ok this is the 1st time I've tried this, I hope it works!
My green room has solar panels on the roof & all the windows (on the southeast)allow heat to be collected from the sunlight. This thermal energy is stored in the stone floors, furniture & brick walls for the cold weather. When it's warm, the windows can be opened fro ventilation, a shade can be lowered over the windows & the fountain provides cooling also. The plants are organically grown & supply oxygen, plus provide bonuses such as oranges, jelly beans & gummies. The lamp is florescent & uses stored solar energy, for reading at night. The fire pit provides extra heating (& lighting), plus the convenience of cooking, with the use of biofuels & it can, of course be turned off when not in use, as should anything using power, so as not to be wasteful.

I forgot to mention the treadmill is another way to generate power, while getting execise!

Last edited by TTG; 04-29-2009 at 09:28 AM.. Reason: Member wanted to add a comment in her original entry - merged
Swonderful is offline Female
Old 04-29-2009, 08:52 AM   #135

Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!

Ok here's mine. I hope I didn't copy anyone, I only looked at the first two pages.

This is my sitting room. It is called the green room, and incredible earth friendly. Here's how:
All those windows are solar windows, which makes the room beautiful and bright! You never have to turn on a light in this room.
The sandwich table to the left is 100% organic. It has whole wheat bread, organic un-sprayed lettuce, organic tomatoes, organic ham, and organic cheese with nothing bad in it.
The chair next to it is an egg chair which is very comfortable. All the plants in this green friendly room, make the room come alive! The apple chair and the orange table are pretty, bring a good scent in the room, and when you throw those chairs away, they are even biodegradable! The TV is run by solar power which means- no electricity is used!
This room is sure to cut down your electricity costs and is very earth friendly!
Lefty21 is offline Female
Old 04-29-2009, 09:18 AM   #136
ibbly wobbly
Gifted

Inibaz has disabled reputation

Default Restaurant is not actually for sale, I am just kidding.

Restaurant For Sale

This prime piece of Webkinz Commercial Property not only will earn you money, it is also Earth-friendly! You've heard all the buzz words and realize it's time for everyone to do their part to clean up our planet, well, this restaurant is a functional, chic place to serve up food while reducing our impact on the Earth.

FEATURES:
* Compost Refrigerator for all biodegradable food. When the fridge is full, it is dumped in the garden to help the plants grow!

* This restaurant is located in the North, so having a lot of windows does not help with the heating costs. Solar power is stored and used, but alternatives had to be found!

*Energy Efficient Lamps use less Watts than traditional bulbs!

*The Fire Pit consumes all burnables that can't be recycled and sends radiant heat through the floor!

*The floor is 100% recycled tires and is a bounceable joy for all pets!

Call 1-555-INIBAZ now to place your bid on this functional and chic restaurant and live your Earth-friendly dream without losing the comfort and convenience you've come to enjoy!

Legal Disclaimer (the fine print)
This restaurant is not actually for sale. Not the picture, not the room, not a real-life reproduction. Using a 'for sale' format for the contest was just a way to present the room. Please do not contact me trying to buy this room. Offer not valid in states without senses of humor, children under 12 must ask their parents permission before laughing. Acceptance implies enrollment in Triple Advantage.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:19 AM   #137
ould You Believe I'm

Godsgirl129 is a splendid one to beholdGodsgirl129 is a splendid one to beholdGodsgirl129 is a splendid one to beholdGodsgirl129 is a splendid one to behold

Here is Sunshine (the canary) and Annalie's room. They have lots of flowers which they tend daily to keep fresh. they also have 2 windmills and 11 pinwheels which generate electricity for the rest of my webkinz house. THere are a lot ofd trees for shade (insted of air conditioning) and there are 2 tramppolines which a made from all-natural ingredients for exersize. Hope that you enjoy our "green" room!!!
Godsgirl129 is offline Female
Old 04-29-2009, 09:19 AM   #138
Lad
Ladystrac is an unknown quantity at this point

URL=http://img144.imageshack.us/my.php?image=greenhouse.png]Click the image to open in full size.[/URL]

Sassy's greenhouse is composed of bamboo flooring and furniture, a sustainable growth wood. She has also chosen greenhouse windows in order to maximize on natural light, therefore minimizing her dependance on electricity. The windows allow for light in the summer and heat in the winter. She has also chosen to use a beach sand bed, another sustainable resource. She grows her own bamboo in order to resupply/or repair her floor and or her furniture. She has multiple plants for reducing her carbon footprint. Thanks for such a great contest!
Attached Images
File Type: jpggreenhouse.jpg (61.2 KB, 7 views)
Old 04-29-2009, 09:31 AM   #139
WIGEV Team Member

elymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacity
elymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacity

What could be greener than an outdoor room in the sky?

There is no need for electricity here as we live by the light of the sun, which also keeps us warm. At night, the wand tree gives off a light glow, just enough to comfort our sweet dreams.

A sundial tells us what time it is and how much more daylight we have before resting for the night.

Sometimes, the weather is not as good (and we can see it coming from the top of the wooden lookout). When that happens, we have to go inside. There is not as much sun inside. That is why we use the windmill to power energy-efficient lights when it gets too dark.

We draw our water from a wel, and bathe in the shady cove. We get our vegetables from the garden and our fruits from the cherry trees. There are a lot of plants and trees on our treetop, and they all help supply the earth's oxygen.

All our furniture is made of natural materials (coton, wood, stone, plants).

We use hot air from transport when we need to go far away but we usually prefer to walk.
Attached Images
File Type: jpggreen room.jpg (136.6 KB, 6 views)
elymic is offline Female
Old 04-29-2009, 09:32 AM   #140
ow im a

Redhead004 will become famous soon enough

My Farm is very enviromentally friendly we harvest our own food that is totally healthy the scraps we put in a compost pile to create good fertile soil. we use the two windmills to harvest the wind and create energy for the entire house. the tractor is a hybrid and uses mostly electricity from the windmills. the dog bones are low calorie food 40% less sugar than regular ones. we have fish and turtles in our pond to help the dying population of going extinct breeds.
Redhead004 is offline Male
Closed

Tags
a rockhead was here, awesome contest!, awesome!, contest, earth day, earth day!!!!, happy earth day!, happy earth day!!!, i hope i win!!!!, i hope i win!!!!!, make everyday earth day, missme wuz here, save the earth today! :), save the earth!, signature panda, ~kat24, ~webkinz4ever44~