Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2009, 01:28 AM   #121
My kids think I'm
Gifted

MAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guide

Default Re: Official Earth Day Contest -- Win a Signature Panda or Insider Insider Membership -- Closes April 29th, midnight PST!

And that's our Green Room lesson for today boys and girls!
MAMA5517 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2009, 10:00 AM   #122
Webkinz :)

Angee33 is a jewel in the roughAngee33 is a jewel in the rough

Talking Re: Official Earth Day Contest -- Win a Signature Panda or Insider Insider Membership -- Closes April 29th, midnight PST!

Here is my Earth day room:
Picture 3.jpg
My "Green" Garden
In my webkinz backyard, I have cultivated the soil for planting homegrown veggies and fruits. I get all the food for my Webkinz organically, in my back yard! This agricultural aspect of "going green" for our planet is great, becuae it keeps litter from destrying our planet. The well in our backyard is the main source for water; saving money that would be used on tap water. Everything is made out of recycled things or can be recycled. I hope this helps our planet! GO GREEN!
Angee33 is offline Female
Old 04-28-2009, 01:35 PM   #123

bunnyslippers13 is just really nicebunnyslippers13 is just really nice

Default Re: Official Earth Day Contest -- Win a Signature Panda or Insider Insider Membership -- Closes April 29th, midnight PST!

Here is my "Environmental friendly backyard"
On the right side of my backyard is my pumpkin patch. it helps with lowering the count of how many cars are on the road delivering pumpkins to the store.

the left side of my backyard is my golf cart which runs on solar energy,

And the pool which is made out of recycled rubber from old tires, and plastic water bottles. and the water is from rain water as well. no harmful chemicals

And the W Pond which catches all rain water and cleans it so it is drinkable. it also waters my pumpkin patch.

And the Dog statue which Creates shade for the pool so the water doesn't evaporate too quickly in the hot summer sun.

Click the image to open in full size.
bunnyslippers13 is offline Female
Old 04-28-2009, 02:57 PM   #124
Lil Kinz

alysatigger is an unknown quantity at this point

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

The wallpaper is printed on 100% recycled paper. The floor and coffee table are made of 100% organic (organically grown) bamboo-no harsh chemicals were used to grow it-and farm grown so that we don't take away food from the pandas! The windows are for temperature control and there are curtains for insulation so heat won't escape in the winter. The source of entertainment are books printed on 100% recycled paper and exercise comes the trampoline and the non-electric scooter-neither of these use energy! The chairs are made of 100% organic cotton. The clock is solar powered. The refrigerator is a cooler that doesn't use energy, as well as the stove which is a big pot heated by fire. All of the plants are not taken care of with chemicals, just water, sun, and compost from the food we don't eat!
alysatigger is offline Female
Old 04-28-2009, 06:11 PM   #125
ow! God is
Gifted

Jerkinz is cool as a bunny clownJerkinz is cool as a bunny clownJerkinz is cool as a bunny clownJerkinz is cool as a bunny clownJerkinz is cool as a bunny clownJerkinz is cool as a bunny clownJerkinz is cool as a bunny clownJerkinz is cool as a bunny clown

This is my eagle Apollo's green room contest entry:

Here after 5 long years of waiting his bamboo has grown and he has been able to make bamboo flooring, bamboo wall paneling (which he carved himself), bamboo shelving, bamboo tatami mats, and his favorite, his bamboo zabuton chairs. However after he finished he had much more than he expected so he decided to donate it to the FPF (Feed the pandas Foundation). In addition to that his friend Silver the Grey Langur allowed Apollo to use his Solar-Powered Jungle Journey Hot Air Balloon to deliver the bamboo (in the picture you can see Apollo harvesting bamboo and some oranges as well in said balloon). And all this began when Apollo brought home some bamboo seeds from his local farmers market.
Attached Images
File Type: jpgJerkinz green room design contest entry.jpg (143.9 KB, 18 views)
Jerkinz is offline Male
Old 04-28-2009, 06:25 PM   #126
Plusle and I are
Gifted

elladragongirl has much to be proud ofelladragongirl has much to be proud ofelladragongirl has much to be proud ofelladragongirl has much to be proud ofelladragongirl has much to be proud of

What a great contest! Good luck to everyone!

My room is centered around bamboo, which grows back very quickly as soon as it is cut down. So, the room is very earth-and -friendly.

(There is a 3x3 garden of bamboo in the top left corner,
A bamboo bed with two tree trunk cabinets on either side in the top right corner,
An estore fire-top stove with four bamboo chairs in the lower right corner, and
An elephant fountain in the lower left corner.
There is bamboo flooring and jungle wallpaper.
Sorry, the image wouldn't upload for some reason.)

The floors are made from bamboo, which is grown in the top left corner of the room.
The cabinets are made from trees that have died naturally, so they were not cut down by humans.
The oven (from the estore) is also made from trees that have died naturally, and it is very efficient: it both cooks the Webkinz's meals, and heats the room.
The chairs are also made from bamboo, grown in the garden.
The elephant fountain is both beautiful, and it provides well-water, safely taken out of the ground.
The wallpaper is modeled after a rainforest, and the proceeds from the wallpaper go to organizations working towards protecting our rainforests .
elladragongirl is offline Female
Old 04-28-2009, 06:42 PM   #127
I <3 randomness,

~smiley101~ has a spectacular aura about

My Earth Day "Breathing sanctuary"
  • Why I call this my breathing sanctuary~
This room's designs are all inspired by the earth's elements and the plant life. Yet still keeping the room 100% eco-friendly.
  • Nope- No trees killed here!
Don't worry the potted plants on the corners of my room and on side tables are in fact not cut down from their natrual habitat. They are nursery trees! Once they are big enough one of my webkinz and I will replant it outside!
  • Sill eco-friendly when it comes to electricty!
As you can see fountains and freezers are used here-both things that use electricty. But they are powered by a company that used windmills to power things that use electrity!
  • Seating is green too!
The seating that is precented here is very eco-friendly! The giant feather chair is a real feather that came loose from a rare bird and landed near my webkinz house! My panda thought that the feather would make a great green chair! As for the white couches they are made from a cotton plant. When the cotton is taken the plant not harmed in any way, it will naturally re-grow more cotton!
  • The eco water supply!
By now you must be wondering, where do my webkinz get a drink or wash their hands while still being eco-friendly. Well to the far corner there is a well! Thats 2 green things right there- saving more of the earth's water and not using electricty!
  • Keepin' it cool
In the summer most people would turn a electricity using fan. But is this sanctuary you can just sit under the lily pad bed and keep cool by he shade like Feckles, my spotted frog is doing!
  • Eco-friendly wallpaper and floring
The walls and floor are 100% pure bamboo. The bamboo is the old, leaftover bamboo that the pandas have fished!

Here is my room:
Attached Images
File Type: gifEarthDayGreenRoom(WI).gif (152.4 KB, 21 views)
~smiley101~ is offline Female
Old 04-28-2009, 06:50 PM   #128

webbiesgirl has a spectacular aura about

Here is my entry: Scarlet's Flight School.
When Scarlet moved into Webkinz World, she discovered that, even though some other pets have wings, she is the only flying pet there. She immediately opened her tree top Flight School. In an effort to be “green” and use only what is necessary, her flight school is also her residence. She and Grayson (the squirrel) share the living quarters and run the school together. They grow their own food and use solar energy to power the runway light, so they are pretty much self-sufficient. The hammocks, chairs and table with umbrella are all made from recycled materials. The control tower is made from reclaimed lumber and natural fiber rope. Scarlet's tower is all natural. The flight paths are all natural stone. The flight simulators (trampolines) use no energy at all except that created by the flight school students. Scarlet’s goal is to have all pets flying soon and remove any vehicles that are not “pet powered” from WW.

webbiesgirl is offline Female
Old 04-28-2009, 07:00 PM   #129

LesBekSyd will become famous soon enough

What an awesome contest! Here's my entry: In my Earth Friendly room, you can see several parts.

The floor is made entirely of grass. The walls are embedded with honeycombs for the bees so we can harvest their honey. As you can see they are being filled at different rates (the dark green ones are full, the light green ones are partially filled, and the white ones are empty at this time), so nothing goes to waste. Our Earth Day scientist was so creative when he designed the honeycombs in the shape of soccer balls wasn't he?

In the upper right corner is the garden, where we grow trees to create oxygen, bamboo to make furniture and feed our pet dragon, and wheat to make our own food!

In the upper left corner, you can see a butterfly sanctuary--a place for butterflies to go relax and have a good time with friends. At the same time, we harness the power of the wind created by their wings. Underneath the sanctuary, we have a sofa made of lilypads and cattails. Our pet grasshopper helps us out by holding a lightening bug sanctuary with his tail. We use the light they create to help us see after the sun goes down.

In the bottom left corner is more homemade furniture where we can rest and conserve our energy so we can keep working to save the the Earth!

In the bottom right corner is our homemade library/desk. You can see Lilac studying hard to learn how to Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle. Our pet dragon keeps the torch lit so we don't have to use electricity.

**no butterflies or lightening bugs were harmed in the making of this room. they were all free to leave at anytime they chose**

LesBekSyd is offline Female
Old 04-28-2009, 07:22 PM   #130

lovin4puppies is an unknown quantity at this point

It’s the simple things in life that make our earth beautiful. Just look around you! Notice the sweet sound of a morning bird’s song, the flowers that blossom despite a previous hard cold winter, and the cleanliness of the earth after a rainfall. Each of these things is a simple aspect of life, but in the daily hustle and bustle of our schedules we constantly overlook the little things that make our lives enjoyable.

What would happen if all these things disappeared forever? The world would be boring, colorless, and gray. Most of us would never smile again.

Imagine sitting in your office at work, when you receive a phone call.

“The baby got in the bathtub while I was doing my hair!” your wife cries through her many tears, “I didn’t unplug the tub because I was planning to bathe the dog, and the baby snuck away from me and drowned!” Suddenly the whole world stops spinning. You would give anything to go back in time and hold your baby again, to see his sweet smiling face, and perhaps even to stop the tragedy from happening. You will actually miss the icky things, like changing the stinky diaper or cleaning up a marker mess. You will always miss your precious child and the simple things that made him special. This is perhaps only a glimpse of how important small things are to all of us, but imagine if all the things that made your life special suddenly disappeared. How is it that simple things can make such a difference in our life?

Recycling is definitely simple enough for anyone to do, and it will make a difference in your life and the lives of others. It’s a simple thing that will make our world better. When we recycle we can save trees and help stop deforestation in the areas where life has almost been completely driven out. Recycling saves our trees, animals, (including the Giant Panda!) and even money. Deforestation, which is the act of cutting and clearing away trees, is the Giant Panda’s main threat to survival. This is the theme of my room. I created the recycle symbol as my call to the world to recycle paper instead of throwing it in a garbage can. Each piece of paper does count. You don’t have to donate a million dollars or volunteer for a Save the Giant Panda foundation to help these beautiful creatures out. Just drop your used paper in a recycling bin instead of the garbage. It’s that simple! I’m letting everyone know that recycling is important for all of our trees and endangered animal friends, especially the Giant Panda.

Little more than 1,300 Giant Pandas survive in the wild, making them extremely endangered. Most wild pandas remain in very fragmented and isolated habitat islands. There are currently about 239 pandas in captivity. Giant Pandas do not breed very well while in captivity, making things difficult for those who have been trying to increase the Giant Panda population. Once the captivity population reaches a certain number, we can begin reintroducing them into the wild and repopulating uninhabited areas. This is the simplest way to get them off of the endangered species list.

The Giant Panda’s habitat is in old-growth forests with bamboo. Deforestation in these areas has caused a loss in the space of the Giant Panda’s habitat. Less bamboo can only mean trouble for the pandas, whose diet relies almost solely on bamboo. In fact 99% of a Panda’s diet is bamboo. Pandas may choose to eat other plant matter such as yams, shrub leaves, oranges, and bananas, when they are available, but there isn’t a big enough supply of these foods where the pandas live that they could be sustained on such a diet. These are troubled times for the panda, and they are putting up their best fight against extinction. But with the ever diminishing bamboo population, the wild pandas are having a harder time receiving the right nutrients for proper growth and survival in the wild. One day they may disappear forever.

Recycling is simple, and it will help save the panda. We can all do it, and we all should, at least to give a hand to our black and white furry friends. Hopefully each year will bring more and more numbers to the Giant Panda population, but if we don’t try and save what remains of the Giant Panda’s habitat, we may soon see the pandas disappearing forever. Let’s all pitch in to prevent that tragedy by simply recycling.
lovin4puppies is offline Female
Closed

Tags
a rockhead was here, awesome contest!, awesome!, contest, earth day, earth day!!!!, happy earth day!, happy earth day!!!, i hope i win!!!!, i hope i win!!!!!, make everyday earth day, missme wuz here, save the earth today! :), save the earth!, signature panda, ~kat24, ~webkinz4ever44~