Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2009, 09:30 AM   #101
Sidney Crosby
Webkinz :)

kathryn23 is a glorious beacon of lightkathryn23 is a glorious beacon of lightkathryn23 is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Official Earth Day Contest -- Win a Signature Panda or Insider Insider Membership -- Closes April 29th, midnight PST!

cool rooms every body
kathryn23 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2009, 09:40 AM   #102
Hiya WI!
Gifted

xoxomemexoxo has a reputation beyond reputexoxomemexoxo has a reputation beyond reputexoxomemexoxo has a reputation beyond reputexoxomemexoxo has a reputation beyond reputexoxomemexoxo has a reputation beyond reputexoxomemexoxo has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Official Earth Day Contest -- Win a Signature Panda or Insider Insider Membership -- Closes April 29th, midnight PST!

I will try now!

Click the image to open in full size.

This is my butterfly's earth friendly room. She is very concious of the earth and decided to make her room ontop of a tree. She had some great ideas! She chose to make her room ontop of a tree because she could save trees! Wood would not have to be wasted making her room! She also never has to light the room. The sun does that! The room never has to use energy- wasting air conditioners! Nothing in the room is manufactured! The plants are grown naturally, and the flower boxes are made of wood from trees that already died, so they are recycled. The ponds hold fish in clear, blue water. These ponds hold endagered fish that were in polluted water. The butterfly tree gives oxygen to the room. My butterfly made the fountain in the middle herself! She made it out of stone just so she would not have to get one made my a polluted factory! Even the chair is environmentally friendly! It is made out of a hicubus flower! This is my butterfly's environmentally friendly room!
xoxomemexoxo is offline Female
Old 04-26-2009, 10:44 AM   #103
Very random
Gift Guru

adorcfish is just really niceadorcfish is just really nice

This is our Conservation Cafe. We made it in clearing in the forest (so no trees would have to be cut down). All the cooking in the cafe is done strictly by natural volcanic heat. Our refridgerator uses only leftover Googles ice sculptures (abandoned after winterfest) to cool our totally chemical-free menu items. The sink uses water from a hand dug well and all water is cleaned and recycled back to the earth after it is used. Of course we use solar power (since the cafe is outdoors) and all creatures are welcome because we use no pesticides. The tea cart, tables and chairs are made of recycled wood and the cabinets and countertops were fashioned from fallen forrest trees. Even our clock is eviromentally friendly. It uses wind power to self-wind itself so there are no batteries or electricity needed. You will not find a more eviromentally friendly cafe anywhere. Hope you enjoyed the tour...now come enjoy the food!!

Last edited by adorcfish; 04-26-2009 at 11:18 AM..
adorcfish is offline Female
Old 04-26-2009, 11:00 AM   #104
is a
Gift Guru

pigsrockoutloud wows us all with wonderpigsrockoutloud wows us all with wonderpigsrockoutloud wows us all with wonderpigsrockoutloud wows us all with wonderpigsrockoutloud wows us all with wonderpigsrockoutloud wows us all with wonderpigsrockoutloud wows us all with wonderpigsrockoutloud wows us all with wonderpigsrockoutloud wows us all with wonderpigsrockoutloud wows us all with wonder

Hello WI! first of all, thank you for reading my post. I really think this contest is a great idea! i hope this will also help people be more enviromentally friendly themselves! (including me) Anyway, here is my post. Also, sorry i can only post it small.
Picture 8.jpg
First of all, our main water source in from our Well. It comes straight from the ground, no electricity required, just a bucket to haul it up. We use that water to fill in our big pool. It may take a long time, but it is worth it because it is so environmentally friendly. The pool is made from wood, straight from the trees that surround it. No plastic. In the right corner of the garden we have our spring, which sparkles a lot, and even has crystals growing out of it. It is the only water in it now, and it is the perfect place for the perfect Webkinz couple.
Over on the left side, we have our garden. We grow our own food here, and we do not buy any. Near the bottom, right next to Gus, we grow other foods from trees and plants. Right now we are growing some nice coconuts. To get around, we use our tractor, which is powered by the electricity from out windmill. No fossil fuels used. We also use our hot air balloon which is lifted by hot air, and hot air only. But if Webkinz have to travel by foot, they use the main path made of stones. No concrete needs to be mixed and poured, we just use stones straight from our garden, when we were digging our well.
For excersice, electric treadmills would be okay, but instead we decided to save electricity and use a trampoline. And we always have fresh air for our Webkinz. We have trees, plants and bushes scattered all over.
All of this makes the perfect environmentally friendly yard.
pigsrockoutloud is offline Male
Old 04-26-2009, 11:45 AM   #105
I <3 Billy Mays
Banned
mcgonagle has much to be proud ofmcgonagle has much to be proud ofmcgonagle has much to be proud ofmcgonagle has much to be proud of

Great rooms everybody! Good luck!
mcgonagle is offline Male
Old 04-26-2009, 02:23 PM   #106
Webkinz :)

Mighty Mouse is on a distinguished road

This room is, yes, simple. But many great things in life are simple. A blossom tree in the middle brings pink into the outdoors. The brown benches add contrast to the brighter colors. The patio gives a simple greeting to those who need to sit. All of this is done outside, because when you are outside, your air is purer, your body is cooler, and you are a part of nature. GO GREEN!!!
Mighty Mouse is offline Female
Old 04-26-2009, 03:00 PM   #107
Guess what?! Imma
Gift Guru

Mindy98 is a name known to allMindy98 is a name known to allMindy98 is a name known to all

Lamb Chop always rides around in his fan powered hover car which runs on batteries. He uses a nightlight by putting fire flies in a jar and puts them on his table. Lamb Chop and I both planted an orange tree and a bamboo plant to help the planet. We are always green!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Happy Earth Day!" Lamb Chop yelled. I told him "Happy Earth Day too!" Today we used no electricity, we made sandwhices and ate fruits and vegetables. We went to the park and played catch with a tennis ball. When we got back we fell right to sleep from the exauhsting outdoor earth day.
Mindy98 is offline Female
Old 04-26-2009, 03:34 PM   #108
mummakinz
Gift Guru

ynssss will become famous soon enough

All the rooms that I've had time to read about are great.

Here is my entry

Little Hula's house is in the fenced area. Her goal is to live on a small foot print of the land. She is able to do this because just off of this yard is the community house. This is where all of the community shares a kitchen (this way Little Hula is not using a lot of electricity to make a meal for only one). Also in this community house is a games room and guest bedrooms. This way all the houses in the community can be smaller but they still have a place for guests to stay etc.

The fence around little Hula’s house is made from recycled shopping bags (100% post consumer). You can see that Little Hula also has her blue box recycling bin out at the curb for recycling pick up as this is very important to her. Since she is outside her house is lit by natural light and at night she uses her firefly jar when she needs to see. And of course the outhouse saves on water consumption as well.

All of the plants and grass here are ones that grow naturally in the area and therefore do not need to be watered as they will survive off the rain water. The plants of course help the environment by cleaning the air of carbon monoxide and providing oxygen.

The organic garden is maintained by little hula and some of it is consumed by her but most of the fruits and veggies go to the community and are used in the community meals. The garden was planted next to the marsh as the ground was already quite damp and therefore the garden can be watered less often. When the garden does need to be watered the water comes from the snake pond which is also a rain water collector.

The windmill and solar panels on the outhouse roof are used to generate the electricity used to run the community house. The wood used to make the windmill and outhouse comes from trees that were chopped down because they were damaged and killed by the pine beetle.

In the left corner you can see the compost pile (behind the flowered lattice again made out of recycled shopping bags) and you can see there currently are some grass clippings in it. Little Hula also has a bucket beside her sink (not seen in this picture) to put veggie peals in etc. (that she will later add to the compost pile) as she does not have a garborator as she is trying to keep the water supply pure and free of things that don’t belong there.

You can see the community is enjoying the yard today as they cooked their shared meal on the propane BBQ and they are all sitting down to a meal and enjoying each others company.

Last edited by ynssss; 04-26-2009 at 03:38 PM..
Old 04-26-2009, 04:02 PM   #109
ish Upon the
Gift Guru

webkinzluver<3 is a splendid one to beholdwebkinzluver<3 is a splendid one to beholdwebkinzluver<3 is a splendid one to beholdwebkinzluver<3 is a splendid one to behold

this "green" room features my pet Sparkle, a lil kinz unicorn.
Everything is "green" and is not hurtful to our environment.

Don't worry, engines that use gas and are hurtful in our environment ARE NOT ALLOWED!
The use of PSI and TC items are to give guests a WOW! and luxurious feeling.
Machines are powered by wind and water, and lighting comes from the fireflies at night. Animals live freely here and dragonflies are welcome to fly around. Basically everything in this room is made of rock, plants, fire, ponds, and trees. Home Sweet Home!

webkinzluver<3 is offline Female
Old 04-26-2009, 05:26 PM   #110
silentist60
Banned
webbiesluver98 has a brilliant futurewebbiesluver98 has a brilliant futurewebbiesluver98 has a brilliant futurewebbiesluver98 has a brilliant futurewebbiesluver98 has a brilliant future

Welcome to Aislinn Organic farm, where this webkinz farm uses crop rotation, green manure, compost, and biological pest control to grow our prize produce. As you can see we use natural weed control.......hahaha Hefier and Goatee! Finnegan the farm manager over sees todays weeding. Things are looking good and before long there will be plenty of fresh pumpkins, squash, strawberries and tomatoes.
Closed

Tags
a rockhead was here, awesome contest!, awesome!, contest, earth day, earth day!!!!, happy earth day!, happy earth day!!!, i hope i win!!!!, i hope i win!!!!!, make everyday earth day, missme wuz here, save the earth today! :), save the earth!, signature panda, ~kat24, ~webkinz4ever44~