Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2009, 03:07 PM   #91
Melody is my
Banned
Sgarabo wears the mantle of perfection with graceSgarabo wears the mantle of perfection with graceSgarabo wears the mantle of perfection with graceSgarabo wears the mantle of perfection with graceSgarabo wears the mantle of perfection with graceSgarabo wears the mantle of perfection with graceSgarabo wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Default Re: Official Earth Day Contest -- Win a Signature Panda or Insider Insider Membership -- Closes April 29th, midnight PST!

Okey dokey here is my entry! Click the image to open in full size.My room is green because it's lighted by lanterns with firefly's in it and it has fruit growing and vines and animals and trees and it has a wonderful view of nature! thank you!
Sgarabo is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2009, 03:37 PM   #92
-Alicia‚ô•

teaandpizza defies all odds
teaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all odds

Default Re: Official Earth Day Contest -- Win a Signature Panda or Insider Insider Membership -- Closes April 29th, midnight PST!

This is my "100% Green Getaway Room". This room is 100% Green because everything is completely recycled. The wood is from old, recycled wood. The wading pool is made from plastic water bottles, toy dumptrucks, and anything else that Kinzville citizens recycled last Earth Day. Let's listen to the lastest interveiw from Kinzchannel 4....

:husky:"Hello, this is Scruff King, bringing you THE Greenest news around this Earth Day!!"

"And I'm Snowball Elane, going out and about to interview Green Kinzville citizens.

"Also, I'm Jerimiah, or Jerry, taking snapshots of all the green rooms!!

:husky:"Let's interview local citizen Jamie Sky, with her award winning %100 Green Getaway Room!! *CLAP CLAP*

*takes a bow*

:husky:"Thanks for coming, Jamie!"

"No problem, Scruff!"

:husky:"Let's go to Snowball live at the scene with Jamie and Jeremiah."

"Look at this room! Jamie has worked hard to help the enviroment."

"I'll get a snapshot of this!"
*CLICK*

"So Jamie, does it take a LOT of hard work to do this? To turn our polluted back yards in to recycled, frsh lawns?

"Nope!! All you have to do is recycle!!"

"Really? Thanks for the great tip!!
"Also, plant trees everywhere. Thee give off gases that help us live and breathe!"
"Thanks Jamie!! Back to you, Scruff."
:husky:"That's all the time we have today! here is a picture of Jamie's Green Room!!"

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by teaandpizza; 04-29-2009 at 03:45 PM.. Reason: GREEN ROOM!!
teaandpizza is offline Female
Old 04-25-2009, 03:45 PM   #93
Webkinz :)

Mykayla005 is on a distinguished road

My ROOM is very Environmentally Friendly in many ways!
~The windmill Powers most of My grills power.(EVEN THE LITTLE COLORFUL ONES !)
~We grow all of our veggies are organically grown in our garden!
~When it rains, the water goes into the well, then it gets Filtered so we can use that water for cooking, and use it for the fountain.
~This is also environmentally friendly Because our rule in our house is that every night for an hour we all go into the yard and play , using NO electricity. (Playing on the trampolines, and Relaxing)
~ When we mow the lawn we use a non gas powered lawn mower, we use a pushing one.
~We have many plants in our yard (Flowers and trees) for oxygen for the air.
~All the wood we used for the benches, we found in the Junk yard, sanded them (BY HAND), polished them and built them our selfs!

OUR STORY
Why did we make this earth friendly room? Well when i adopted my pet cow, My family was not very environmentally friendly, And after a while she was getting sad. I asked her whats wrong and she said " The earth is in trouble and i feel like i can do nothing to help it, I"m just one cow." so that got me thinking about helping the earth.
that night I found a website about things we could do to help the earth.
When i told her that we were going to make an environmentally friendly room she was soo excited! It took us a lot of work, but our whole family helped, and it was soo much fun to spend time with them.
After we built the room our electricity usage went down 40%, and Our friends and family made one too!
I love going to the room and relaxing for one or two hours, and knowing that I"m helping the Earth makes it even better!
Just think if everybody helped out like this , the earth would never be in trouble.
REDUCE REUSE RECYCLE! GO GREEN!

Attached Images
File Type: jpgearth day contest.jpg (155.1 KB, 25 views)
Mykayla005 is offline Female
Old 04-25-2009, 04:23 PM   #94
00jacksonredwall

0jacksonredwall is cool as a bunny clown0jacksonredwall is cool as a bunny clown0jacksonredwall is cool as a bunny clown0jacksonredwall is cool as a bunny clown0jacksonredwall is cool as a bunny clown0jacksonredwall is cool as a bunny clown0jacksonredwall is cool as a bunny clown0jacksonredwall is cool as a bunny clown

Click the image to open in full size. Here is my entry. It is a green room because it encourages all of the webkinz to be outside more and use less things that are bad for the enviroment. They come here everyday.
0jacksonredwall is offline Male
Old 04-25-2009, 08:14 PM   #95
squirt308
Gifted

TessaKinz wows us all with wonderTessaKinz wows us all with wonderTessaKinz wows us all with wonderTessaKinz wows us all with wonderTessaKinz wows us all with wonderTessaKinz wows us all with wonderTessaKinz wows us all with wonderTessaKinz wows us all with wonderTessaKinz wows us all with wonderTessaKinz wows us all with wonder

Here's my entry! I am going to describe how all of the items in the room is eco-friendly. (:

There are 7 plants in the room. Plants omit carbon-dioxide, and give off oxygen necessary for humans (and Webkinz!) to survive.

The two chairs and coffee table are made from real bamboo, harvested from the four bamboo plants in the room. The earth table was made from recycled plastic, and the white couch is made from organic fabric. By making your own furniture, you cut down on the need to use factories and cutting down important rainforests for mass furniture production.

The wood flooring was made from cut down trees, and for every tree cut down to make the floor, 2 new trees were planted, and the tiles in the middle were made from recycled linoleum.

The lamp in the center has an incandescent lightbulb. This lamp is only lit however when it is not light enough outside to produce enough light to see through the windows that cover the walls.

And, last but not least, the toy sheep is made from recycled plastic and non-lead paint, the tea set antique real porcelain, and the Caring Valley Handbook from recycled paper.

I hope you enjoy my room!
TessaKinz is offline Female
Old 04-25-2009, 08:22 PM   #96

KayJay17 is a jewel in the roughKayJay17 is a jewel in the rough

Happy Earth Day!

My Go Green! house was created by the ever-caring Eclipse, the lil' unicorn. Eclipse positioned her house to face the sun. She was not disturbing/harming wildlife when she was buliding and picked a spot that was healthy for her to buzz in. Her bamboo flooring was grown over the past six months by the two plants in her room. She used 100% non-toxic organic paint. She used opened windows to let in lots of sun, thus needing no electricity. The giant feather chairs were recycled from Fluffington's old feather pillow. Her bed, made from organic mulch, dead tree, and home-grown moss, is low to the ground so she is able to smell her fresh flowers (whose vases were recycled from plastic), so she no longer needs airfresheners that use up electricity and chemicals that may harm the enviroment. She gets fresh oranges every morning, saving her gas to go to the W-shop. Her water, collected from rainstorms, is heated by solar panels on the roof. Her grill is powered by her treadmill. Her treadmill was donated by her friend who used old race-track sand and railing to make it. She can excersise and cook at the same time! She goes to the Caring Valley whenever she can (walking by foot, of course), and always reviews its' handbook before leaving. The Earth tables are recycled plasic from soda cans and water bottles. She used the same paint as she did on her walls so the paint was not wasted. Lastly, her outfit is eco-friendly too! Her mushroom hat was harvested in an over-populated area of the forest, and her boots and dress consists of leaves and spider silk she took from an empty web.

Eclipse encourages all Webkinz and Little kinz and Sgnature to go Earth friendly. Car-pooling is one of her favorites. Doing little things for the Earth like that is one of many ways YOU can help Go Green! Happy Earth Day from all of us at KayJay17's!
Attached Images
File Type: jpgMy Go Green! room.jpg (165.7 KB, 19 views)
KayJay17 is offline Female
Old 04-25-2009, 10:51 PM   #97
Gift Guru

stbernard07 knows the way
stbernard07 knows the way

Here is my "green" room where everything is environmentally friendly. For fun my pets play on their slide and trampoline which don't need electricty at all. They either sleep in the tree or on the rock ledge depending if it is raining or a nice night. Anything that does need energy, they use their Windmills! Which produces wind energy. They tell time by the sundial which is in the middle of the room and also takes no electricity! They grow their own food and store it in the coolers. They have the garden which recycles the oxygen in the air! Last, but not least if they ever need to go to the bathroom they use the Outhouse, no energy at all.

*I'm truly sorry if I copied anybody, I don't really have time to browse through all the entries.
stbernard07 is offline Male
Old 04-26-2009, 09:00 AM   #98
Goofball
Gift Guru

volleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roost

http://C:\Users\Louisa\Pictures\k53erp.gif

Hello all!

In honor of my raccoon Rosie's love for nature, I made her a room that lets her enjoy nature and it's also Earth Friendly for Webkinz World! Rosie believes that global warming is a big problem in Webkinz World so her room is prepared to help fight the cause. Her bed was made by finding vines in a jungle in Webkinz World and the butterfly was just painted, not taken from it's home. Her television uses solar energy which saves energy. In this shot, Rosie is helping a lost kitty that she found. Going green also means helping all of Webkinz World's animals. Rosie loves going green and so do I. We wish that you also help fight the cause and help save Webkinz World and Planet Earth!

(Pic will not load. I apoligize! My room is my avvie though. I'm so sorry!)

Last edited by volleyuup; 04-29-2009 at 07:39 AM..
volleyuup is offline Female
Old 04-26-2009, 09:00 AM   #99
I is the Greatest!!!

CHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonder

Donation Award 

This room is environmentally friendly because of all the plants. The materials are made from recycled paper, cardboard and cloth. As you can see this is a great place to meditate and you can get in touch with your nature side.Click the image to open in full size.
CHRISBILL is offline Female
Old 04-26-2009, 09:28 AM   #100
I <3 Billy Mays
Banned
mcgonagle has much to be proud ofmcgonagle has much to be proud ofmcgonagle has much to be proud ofmcgonagle has much to be proud of

Hello, my name is Summer. I am the Communications Manager of Hundred Acre Farms. I will show you around our eco-friendly energy generating plant for our factory next door.

Here at Hundred Acre Farms, we believe in the future. We believe that we need to take care of the environment. In our efforts to be "green", we no longer use electricity from a power plant. We use clean, renewable wind energy, provided by our four high-tech windmills made of wood from sustainable sources.

You see the large garden we manage, which provides homes for birds, lizards, and, of course, butterflies. The flowers generated in there are picked, checked for insects so they won't be killed during the crushing process, and hand them over to our eco-friendly factory next door to make organic perfume worn by all the fine Webkinz ladies here.

We also run an organic cotton field. You can see Caesar, a volunteer, planting new cotton plants. He has even more plants in the back of his hybrid jeep that gets 200 MPG. These are sent over to the factory to be made into fine clothes for the Webkinz we have here on mcgonagle's Webkinz account.

In the pool, we breed fish. These fish are fed organic fish food, swim in a pool heated/cooled by renewable wind power, and can also roam free in the connected snake streams if they wish. They are not used for food. They are bred to live in our underwater rooms to make the Webkinz fish more at home.

What looks like an outhouse is a composter. All the weeds generated from both the cotton and flower garden are heaped in there, then used as fertilizer once they are decomposed. We use no artificial plant feed, only water, sunlight, and love.

Since we like to take good care of our workers, we have built a slide for them to use in their free time. It was made from 100& organic bamboo from the bamboo fields nearby. The bamboo harvested from those plants make furniture and extremely soft luxury bed sheets for the most highly honored Webkinz such as Olivia the Sherbet Bunny and Rondi the Lil frog, mcgonagle's first pet.

I hope you enjoyed your tour of our extremely eco-friendly factory. We have no smokestacks, no fuel-burning machines, and we treat our workers well with frequent breaks and offer competitive salaries.

On behalf of all of us here at Hundred Acre Farms, have a wonderful day.

Sincerely,
Summer McGonagle
mcgonagle is offline Male
Closed

Tags
a rockhead was here, awesome contest!, awesome!, contest, earth day, earth day!!!!, happy earth day!, happy earth day!!!, i hope i win!!!!, i hope i win!!!!!, make everyday earth day, missme wuz here, save the earth today! :), save the earth!, signature panda, ~kat24, ~webkinz4ever44~