Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2009, 01:14 PM   #1
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

Talking Official Earth Day Contest -- Win a Signature Panda or Insider Insider Membership -- Closes April 29th, midnight PST!

As you all know, the Giant Panda is on the endangered species list due to habitat loss cause by deforestation, and has been a symbol for conservation for years.

With all of this in mind, we decided to host a room-design contest here on WI that is in two parts.
  1. Design an environmentally-friendly room in Webkinz World. There are no limitations on room size, type or items.
  2. Write a detailed description or story about your room and what about it makes it "green" (environmentally friendly).

Remember, this contest isn't about who has the coolest items, or prettiest design, it's about being creative with your rooms, items and Webkinz. The description or story about your room is just as important as the screenshot image!

The contest will run for one week, closing at midnight PST on April 29th (3am Kinz Time, April 30th). The staff will then collectively choose a winner for the Webkinz Signature Panda, to be announced on May 1st.

In addition to the Signature Panda, we're also giving away a 6-month Insider Insider Premium Subscription to a randomly-chosen member from all those who enter!

Cheating or copying will not be tolerated and will result in automatic disqualification!

Please use this thread ONLY for contest entries. Any discussion or questions should be left in the front page article comment thread: http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...t-free-498454/

====================================
Congratulations to redvelvetroses, with her Eco Living Yard entry! She was selected as the winner of the Webkinz Signature Panda (courtesy of http://www.ameriwade.com).

The randomly-selected entrant, awarded a 6-month subscription to our Insider Insider premium account is bunnyslippers13. Congratulations!

The 3 honorable mention winners are TexasGirl8, bambrowneyes and timerj. Congratulations!
Justin is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2009, 02:25 PM   #2
allmine4me
Gift Guru

pattie1970 is a jewel in the roughpattie1970 is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: Official Earth Day Contest -- Win a Signature Panda or Insider Insider Membership -- Closes April 29th, midnight PST!

Here is my entry-

Click the image to open in full size.

We grow our own bamboo in our glass greenhouse. During the day we harness the natural sunlight so we use less electricity. In the evening, we get our excercise on the treadmill but at the same time, use the energy from the treadmill to power our lamps!
We recycle everything in the far corner of the room so nothing goes to waste. All of our furniture is made from the bamboo we grow and we also use the leaves to make beadspreads.
Our webkinz have a strong desire to live peacefully and at one with nature!
pattie1970 is offline Female
Old 04-22-2009, 02:34 PM   #3
I is a haven for a
Gift Guru

gReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wonder

Default Re: Official Earth Day Contest -- Win a Signature Panda or Insider Insider Membership -- Closes April 29th, midnight PST!

Nice contest idea!

My room:

"Our farm is environmentally friendly in more ways than one" says spoke-Clydesdale Cecilia. "Our energy needed to run it is generated by a windmill, no fossil fuels involved! Numerous plants cover our lush green fields, taking in the carbon dioxide we breathe out and putting out more oxygen, giving our farm nice, fresh, un-polluted air." she continued.

Says Chief of Food, Jamie(not pictured) "We get a lot of food from the farm, so there is no gasoline used to bring it to our mouths-and no pesticide's are used, either!"

However, Chief of Dragging the Fun out of Everything says "Pesticides? The only insect in webkinz world is a harmless butterfly. Does it need to be said we don't use pesticides? In any case, we're all pixels, anyways."

"I'd also like to note" says Cecilia "All of our workers are..un-clothed, so, less cloth is used to make overalls, sunhats, etc. for them"

Please note the farm hands being un-clothed is not meant to offend or annoy anyone-remember, it is the natural thing to do."
gReTa is offline Female
Old 04-22-2009, 03:20 PM   #4
Gift Guru

hoops2614 is headed for the top!hoops2614 is headed for the top!hoops2614 is headed for the top!hoops2614 is headed for the top!hoops2614 is headed for the top!hoops2614 is headed for the top!hoops2614 is headed for the top!hoops2614 is headed for the top!hoops2614 is headed for the top!hoops2614 is headed for the top!hoops2614 is headed for the top!hoops2614 is headed for the top!

This is Mauve's environmentaly friendly hide-out. You see the wind that blows through the trees and moves the windmill, which churns the water which powers everything!

Mauve says, "I love my treetop room. It is perfect for Earth Day!"

Hoops2614 News went to interveiw her and talk to her about it. This is our quesion and answer section.

Q: What do you do for fun?
A: "Well I love to ride around on my scooter. It is powered by my own wing power. Sometimes I exercise my jumping on my trampoline. No electricity is needed to have fun!

Qid you plant all of those trees?
A: "Yes I did. Trees are needed to help clean the air. Everyone should plant a tree and help the environment."

Q: For our last question, what is your favorite part of your room?
A: "Definitely the fresh water sources or the sundial. I love the sundial because it is totally natural! The fresh water is healthy for your and the Earth!

Thank you once again Mauve for this interview! It will help all of those WI members celebrate Earth Day!
hoops2614 is offline Female
Old 04-22-2009, 03:22 PM   #5
Webkinz :)

tennisstar10 has lots of talenttennisstar10 has lots of talenttennisstar10 has lots of talenttennisstar10 has lots of talenttennisstar10 has lots of talenttennisstar10 has lots of talenttennisstar10 has lots of talenttennisstar10 has lots of talenttennisstar10 has lots of talenttennisstar10 has lots of talenttennisstar10 has lots of talenttennisstar10 has lots of talenttennisstar10 has lots of talenttennisstar10 has lots of talent

Default Re: Webkinz Insider Earth Day Contest -- Free Signature Panda or Premium Forum Membership!

OKay, here's my entery.....

This room is my dolphin's bedroom. I think it is 'going green' Because all the plants, (bamboo) seem to be 'spourting' under the sea. I think the room is very welcoming, because the front area is a greeting and planting arera for the spring. i have all my webbies put a plant in, so, in the spring, they can come back and be in full "bloom". This is my all-time favorite room in my house, just to let you know. Thank-you.

~tennisstar10
tennisstar10 is offline Female
Old 04-22-2009, 03:28 PM   #6
AAR is so
Gifted

Katlyne24 is a name known to allKatlyne24 is a name known to allKatlyne24 is a name known to all

That is The Cove, our library/greenhouse, and over-all favorite hang-out room. It's completely green becasue, not only does it offer a shelter for the many plants our pets find on their adventures, but it also offers a place to hang out and have fun with an activity that uses absolutely no engergy at all- reading! Hermes, our budding scientist, has found that cleaning the windows often, you don't need any electricity in the whole room. He has officialy been put in charge ( forced into ) of cleaning them every day.

The webkinz all love the fact that by hanging out in there they are helping the enviroment. We have a rule that when you come in the Cove, you must shut off the lights in your room. They have a tendancy to stay in there for hours, reading, so it does help to save alot of energy.

Everyone has a little something to say.

Katlyne the unicorn: "I LOVE reading! Dude, who doesn't? That room is way, totaly awesome!"

Fifi the poodle: "All the plants are pretty!"

Mamie the black cat: "Hee hee." Oops. Mamie doesn't really talk. She's the baby of the family.

James the kangro: "All the windows give you a tan if you stayin there for more than half an hour. Talk aobut solar power!"

Hermes the bluejay: "I would really like the room, 'cept I have to clean it. Now go away."

And last but not least, Sirius our technical wizard (shown in the picture, which he took ) would like to add: "This is COMPLETELY my idea."

The end.
Katlyne24 is offline Female
Old 04-22-2009, 03:37 PM   #7
tinkerbell7241

alypurrincess12 is an unknown quantity at this point

ok here is my photo!!!!!
my room is completly outside. everyday i plant a new tree. i grow fresh fruit and vegetables and always eat outside so it isnt a waist of electricity. we also have a pond with natural clear water that we clean everyday so it is easy to get afresh drink of water. ahh what i wonderful home

Last edited by alypurrincess12; 04-22-2009 at 03:42 PM..
Old 04-22-2009, 04:03 PM   #8
ebaday

What a cool contest! Thanks for looking at my entry! Speaking of...here it is!

In this picture, my family is geared up and ready to get working on Earth Day! Dasiy is jumping on the trampoline. She is creating energy for our lamp in the corner. The energy will be saved and electricity can flow without harming the earth. We also changed the bulbs to the Green Earth Friendly kind. Over in the flowers, you find Maple and Rosie. They are weeding, planting, and smelling the flowers. Planting trees and flowers help the Earth make more oxygen. Mike is playing in the hot air balloon. Mike's hot air balloon was designed by Geeber. Geeber is Goober's cousin. Geeber works to make inventions that make the planet green. Mike's hot air balloon looks the same but works differently. Instead of gas and fuels to make hot air, Geeber hooked up a solar panel on top that heats water that is inside the balloon. The water then boils letting of steam. The steam is then used as "hot air"". Mike can go just as high as regular balloons! This balloon is energy efficent because it uses all natural fuels and doesn't give off bad chemicals. By the pond, Blossom is cleaning out the alge in the pond. The pond is used for healthy drinking water and to power the lights and TV's in the house. Underneath the pond's surface is a lot more water that leads into a hydroelectricty pipe....how resorceful! She is also playing bubbles with Zingoz. He makes his bubbles out of used soda cans! You open him up, he crunches the bottle, and converts it into liquid. Then he blows bubbles for a fun and healthy activity! In the middle, Alex and Mike push each other in the wagon. Alex enjoys pulling and Mike enjoys sitting. They are having a great time doing this healthy and green activity! Wagons don't harm the earth because they are powered by YOU! No motors neccisary! Also, you can see my pets are all sporting their fave color - green! Go green and plant a tree! Happy Earth Day!

Last edited by ebaday; 04-23-2009 at 03:21 PM..
Old 04-22-2009, 04:04 PM   #9
Jesus thinks I'm
Gifted

iluvwebkinz27 is just really niceiluvwebkinz27 is just really nice

Here is my entry:

This is a bedroom/greenhouse! We combined them to save land. You see, Amethyst(the butterfly) has made her bed completely from roses. She has a nightstand made completly of sand, and a green lamp(get it? It's green, but it's also green! ) She even has an electric car! There is a little corner in the room where she works out. On a trampoline! Nothing that uses electricity! The heart clock reminds her to show the love! See the letter? No doubt from the mayor, rewarding her on her greenness! Thank you for hosting a great contest!
iluvwebkinz27 is offline Female
Old 04-22-2009, 04:11 PM   #10
george456

george456 is an unknown quantity at this point

My Green Room

Beds- My frog and geko are enjoying their lilypad beds. The brick on the one is from a broken well also used on the fire place. Also my blue jay and cheeky monkeys are snoozing in their food beds. When the beds rot we take them outside to our compost pile.

Plants- The plants make our air cleen so when it goes out the window the things surounding it have clean fresh air.

Hot/Cold- When we get hot we open the windows.When we get cold we go by the fireplace. The fireplace is made out of a dead tree trunk and the leaves and that grew around it. The brick is part of the broken well that made one of the lilypad beds.

TV/Clock- The tv is made out of a dead tree trunk and the leaves and branches that grew around it. (just like the fireplace.) The glass and wires are made out of recycled materals. The clock is made out of little spare parts that where laying around.

Bath/Water Fountain- The bath is made out of stones and leaves. The water comes from the fountain. The fountain gets the water from our underground water storage which is from when it rains. (it rains alot where we live.) The storage also gives the plants extra water.

Lights- When it gets dark we catch some fireflys in the jars by the chairs and sofa. The jars where once hekd jelly, tomato sause, you get the point. So we reused the jars and did not throw them away. When we are notuseing the lights we set the fireflys free.

Seating- The chairs are made out of sturdy bamboo. Look it even holds an elephant. The couch is made out of lilypads.

Wall/Floor- The floor is entirely made of bamboo. The walls have bamboo to hold up the glass Made of recycled materials.

Since we used things out of nature there where no factories that made the things. Also the smokestacks on factoires pollute the air.

I am not useing the colors to bribe you but to get into the sprit of EARTH DAY. Saying this so I dont get disqaulified.

Last edited by george456; 06-30-2010 at 05:04 PM..
george456 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
a rockhead was here, awesome contest!, awesome!, contest, earth day, earth day!!!!, happy earth day!, happy earth day!!!, i hope i win!!!!, i hope i win!!!!!, make everyday earth day, missme wuz here, save the earth today! :), save the earth!, signature panda, ~kat24, ~webkinz4ever44~