Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2012, 12:50 PM   #41
Lil Kinz
LadyoftheHouse is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Official Christmas in July Entry Thread

The webkinz were all exhausted from swimming all day. It had been so hot for the past week. They went to bed dreaming of last winter and how cold it was. When their alarm went off . . .

... Rugby, the tiger, groggily hit the "off" button on the alarm clock. Nothing happened. Slightly annoyed, he pounded the button a second time, but the alarm continued to ring.

On the other side of the room, Faraday, the red wolf, grumbled from under the covers, "For heaven's sake, somebody please turn off the alarm!"

When Rugby's third attempt produced no results, Faraday got up himself to silence the offending clock, but with no success. By this point, all the other boys were beginning to wake up, and Rugby and Faraday, still half asleep, were baffled. Before they could think the problem through, there was a pounding on the door, and the girls, led by Rhea the emerald lab, burst into the room.

"Guys! Hear that?" she asked excitedly.

"Believe me, we do," groused Faraday, rubbing his eyes. "What is it?" Again he pounded the alarm clock, to no avail.

Ariadne, the arctic fox, looked unimpressed. "Do you really think that's the alarm clock? When have alarm clocks ever sounded like sleigh bells?"

"Sleigh bells?" Rugby perked up immediately, realizing Ariadne was correct.

"Yup," Rhea said, "And wait until you look out the window!"

All the 'kinz, boys and girls, rushed to the windows and gasped in delight. Their back yard, which had been unbearably hot and steamy just the day before, was now hidden beneath a glowing blanket of soft, powdery snow. The trees glittered with frost as if they had been carefully decorated, and the swimming pool gleamed with a thin sheet of ice.

"How is this possible?" asked Rhea, as she squirmed to get a better view. "It's the middle of summer!"

"I don't know," Ariadne said, all aquiver with delight at the thought of an early winter.

"Look out there," Rugby pointed across the yard to a place where the snow seemed to be disturbed. "What is that?"

"It looks like footprints," said Ariadne.

"It looks like hoofprints," corrected Faraday, who had the sharpest eyes. "And there are more of them on the roof above the family room."

"You don't suppose ..." began Rugby slowly.

"I suppose!" squealed Rhea, and dashed out of the boys' room, headed for the family room, with the rest of the 'kinz right on her heals.

The family room had been transformed almost as drastically as the outdoors. The dining table was set with bright candles and fresh poinsettias. Tinsel garlands were strung all through the rafters, and the smell of cookies drifted from the oven. The television had been moved out of the corner to make way for an enormous Christmas tree, fully decorated and shining with colorful lights; beneath the tree, mountains of gifts wrapped in bright paper sprawled across the floor. But what drew the 'kinz attention, even more than the gifts, was the kindly laughter that began on a low note over by the fireplace, and grew to fill the entire room. When the 'kinz turned to look, there was no doubt that it had to be Santakinz himself standing there.

What ran through their minds at that moment was hard to describe. It was not really a coherent thought, or even a normal emotion. It certainly had some joy in it, and a lot of wonder, but for many there was a little anxiety too; they still could not imagine why all of this was happening.

Ariadne was the first to speak up. "Good morning, sir," she said quietly. "It's a bit of a surprise to see you here."

At this Santakinz chuckled. "I bet it is," he said, as his eyes swept over the stunned, furry crowd. "And I bet you're wondering why I'm here."

"Yes!" Rhea burst out.

"Well," said Santakinz, his eyes twinkling, "Then I guess I'd better tell you." He sat down on the sofa and lit his pipe.

After a moment he asked, "Why do you think you get presents every year at Christmas?"

"Because we've been good all year!" Rhea responded confidently. All the other 'kinz nodded in agreement.

Santakinz smiled at her. "Well, that's part of it," he said. "But the real reason I bring gifts is that, around Christmastime, you are willing to give gifts to others. And that's why I'm here now. Even though it's the middle of summer, you've all showed an unusual spirit of giving. You've fought less among yourselves. You've helped out friends and neighbors who have been having a hard time. You've done quite a lot of charity work."

"But we've always tried to be kind," ventured Ariadne, "And we've done volunteer work as long as we can remember."

"The difference is that you don't have to be told to do it anymore," replied Santakinz. "It's become something that's natural and fun for you to do, instead of something that's required."

The 'kinz were quiet for a moment as they considered what this meant.

"And so," Santakinz laughed, standing up and stepping toward the fireplace, "I'm giving you a little something special. Enjoy the gifts, and enjoy the snow. It's just for today." He smiled kindly at all of them. "Merry Christmas."

And, laying a finger aside of his nose, and giving a nod, up the chimney he rose. The 'kinz waited until the sound of sleigh bells had faded, and then Rhea squealed, "Let's go get those presents!"

"Wait!" shouted Ariadne, stepping in front of the family before a stampede could begin. "I have a better idea. That's a lot of new stuff, but we have a lot already. Why don't we do with it what we've been doing all along? Let's give these gifts to someone who really needs them!"

"That's right," agreed Faraday. "We got these presents because we've been generous. Why stop now? We have everything we need. Let's give these gifts away."

The 'kinz agreed. Only Rhea, the youngest, looked disappointed.

"We've still got the snow," Ariadne reminded her gently. "That can be our reward."

Rhea smiled and perked up a little. "Okay."

The 'kinz spent the day frolicking in the snow together. It was wonderful fun, and by the time they fell into bed that night, they were exhausted.

The next day, the snow was gone and the blazing summer heat had returned. It was as if nothing had ever changed; only the still-wrapped gifts were left to remind them that yesterday had really happened. After a little discussion, the 'kinz agreed to give the gifts to their friend, Amanda Panda. Amanda was in charge of giving all unadopted Webkinz gifts to take with them to new homes. She assured them that the presents would really brighten the day of all the Webkinz who did not yet have a home.

"Still sad you didn't get the presents?" Rugby asked Rhea as they walked back home together.

Rhea thought a moment. "Well ... a little," she admitted. "But I'm glad I got to give them to other 'kinz who can really enjoy them. And who knows," she added, "Maybe I'll make friends with one of those 'kinz someday and get to play with the toys anyway!"

"That's not really the point," muttered Faraday.

Ariadne elbowed him. "She's still learning, Faraday," she whispered. "And I think she's on the right track."
LadyoftheHouse is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2012, 09:19 AM   #42
Webkinz :)

remokinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeremokinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeremokinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeremokinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeremokinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeremokinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeremokinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeremokinz flows towards the sea of knowledge

The webkinz were all exhausted from swimming all day. It had been so hot for the past week. They went to bed dreaming of last winter and how cold it was. When their alarm went off . . .

playing a happy, loud Jingle Bells, the Webkinz all woke up, somewhat confused -- who had set their alarm to such a cheery, winter-y song? It was the middle of summer, not the mood for such a song! But then, looking out of their large window, the Webkinz realized that it wasn't so. For some strange reason, what used to be green grass was now covered in a blanket of white, fluffy snow!

As everyone stared at the falling, white powdery snow astonished, Holiday the reindeer suddenly whooped and exclaimed, "I'm going to get out my sleigh, who's with me?"

Instantly, he was joined by tons of his Webkinz friends, excited to enjoy this special day. Looking deep in their dressers and closets for their scarves and gloves, all of the Webkinz went outside and admired the view. There were snowflakes landing here and there, friends making snow angel pups and building snow forts. The mischievous pets threw snowballs at each other, laughing with glee.

That night, they gathered around a campfire they had built together, wrapped in cozy blankets that took ages to find -- they were all buried well under summer swimsuits and beach towels! They wouldn't need those anymore, the pool was completely frozen over, allowing them to ice skate gracefully.

Toasting marshmallows and sharing stories from last winter, the pets huddled close and enjoyed this day of snow and fun.

Suddenly, a certain cat pointed out, "oh no! It feels awfully like Christmas, but none of us have prepared any gifts!"

Some of the other Webkinz began to worry as well, until Holiday said, "It's all right, you guys -- to be honest, you are all the best gift I could ever had!"

Relieved, everyone agreed -- this was truly a day to be treasured!

When the alarm sounded the next morning, it played the usual cheery tune of warm days and golden blue skies. Looking out the window and yawning, the pets saw once more a summer day, but would never forget the great Christmas in July they experienced!
remokinz is offline Female
Old 07-17-2012, 12:57 PM   #43

China is headed for the top!China is headed for the top!China is headed for the top!China is headed for the top!China is headed for the top!China is headed for the top!China is headed for the top!China is headed for the top!China is headed for the top!China is headed for the top!China is headed for the top!China is headed for the top!

The Webkinz were all exhausted from swimming all day. It had been so hot for the past week. They went to bed dreaming of last winter and how cold it was. When the alarm went off....

Harry the hippo looked out the window, as he always does every morning, and screamed "SNOW". At that moment all the others woke up and ran as fast as they could to the window and all they saw was grass!!!!! Harry laughed so hard he fell off his bed. Then Penny the Pink pony said "I have an idea, why don't we have Christmas in July". Everyone just looked at her with big smiles on their faces. "But first we need to eat" said Elliot the Elephant. I am hungry". " Your always hungry" said Billy the Bullfrog. Everyone laughed.

After breakfast they spent all day putting up the decorations, both inside and outside the house. At supper, Allie the Allie cat said "Why don't we do a secret Santa"? Everyone said "Yes"! So everyone put their name on a sheet and they took turns drawing names. "We will go shopping tomorrow" said Bernie the Black bear.

The next day arrived and a few Webkinz were up and ready to go before Harry was up. After a big breakfast they all hopped into the vans and drove off to the mall. After two hours of shopping, they were all done and were ready to head home to wrap up their gifts.

Later that night when the lights were on the tree they put the gifts around the tree. The twins, Polly and Peter panda, said "Why don't we go outside and sing Christmas Carols?" So outside they went and walked from house to house singing. After an hour of singing they went home and got ready for bed as they knew that tomorrow was their "Christmas day".

The next day everyone woke up real early. "Let's open the gifts now" said Robbie the white rabbit. "Can we eat first?" said Elliot. Everyone laughed.
They all ate their breakfast as fast as they could. After everyone was done they all looked for their gift and opened them.

Everyone loved their new summer toys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "I have an idea" said Mark the Muskrat. ""Go to the beach" everyone yelled out before he could finish his thought.

After a very busy day at the beach, as they were all getting ready for bed, Batty the bat said "Let's do this again next year!" Everyone yawned "Yea let's" and they fell fast asleep.
China is offline Female
Old 07-22-2012, 05:32 AM   #44
Wondering..
Gifted

SoccerPlayer06 is a ray of sunshineSoccerPlayer06 is a ray of sunshine
SoccerPlayer06 is a ray of sunshineSoccerPlayer06 is a ray of sunshineSoccerPlayer06 is a ray of sunshineSoccerPlayer06 is a ray of sunshineSoccerPlayer06 is a ray of sunshineSoccerPlayer06 is a ray of sunshineSoccerPlayer06 is a ray of sunshineSoccerPlayer06 is a ray of sunshine

View Post Originally Posted by COWS4YOU
This thread is for the entries in the Christmas in July Contest. The contest ends on July 24th at 11pm KinzTime. Ten winners (chosen by staff) will win the Snowflake Rug. Let your imagination finish the story, no pictures please.

The webkinz were all exhausted from swimming all day. It had been so hot for the past week. They went to bed dreaming of last winter and how cold it was. When their alarm went off . .
They stumbled out of bed sleepily, and ran to the window. Their dreams of snow had felt so real, so true, that they were sure that it was snowing. Sure enough, they looked outside, and saw the world transformed into a winter wonderland. Blankets of snow covered houses, trees, and cars, and long icicles hung from most everything!

"Oh my goodness, it's snowing!" The webkinz exclaimed. Quickly, they put on their hats and mittens, wool scarves and jackets, and ran outside. Some of them fell into the soft snow joyfully, and began to make snow angels. Others began to make snowballs, and had a snowball fight playfully and happily.

The webkinz enjoyed the flash of winter all day, and when it was time to come inside, they drank warm, creamy hot cocoa, and rested. The webkinz will never forget their very own Christmas in July.
SoccerPlayer06 is offline Female
Old 07-22-2012, 07:17 AM   #45
SuperstormSandy ):

Cosmic rocks our collective socksCosmic rocks our collective socksCosmic rocks our collective socksCosmic rocks our collective socksCosmic rocks our collective socksCosmic rocks our collective socksCosmic rocks our collective socksCosmic rocks our collective socksCosmic rocks our collective socks

The webkinz were all exhausted from swimming all day. It had been so hot for the past week. They went to bed dreaming of last winter and how cold it was. When their alarm went off . .

Aurora, a cheerful Bubblegum Cheeky Cat, immediately jumped up to her feet and turned the alarm off. Her eyes still closed, she smiled to herself and sighed. "Another day of summer vacation that will be filled with hapiness & fun! Yay!" She got up from her bed and headed to the largest window in her bedroom. She couldn't believe her eyes! "S-snow? In the middle of July?!" She rubbed her eyes over and over. She even pinched herself a few times just to check if she was dreaming. "It's real... It really is snowing!!!"

"WAKE UP EVERYONE! IT'S SNOWING!!! IT'S SNOWING!!!" Aurora skipped through the halls, shouting at the top of her lungs. All of the Kinz groggily opened their bedroom doors, yawning and scowling at Aurora. "Keep quiet, Aurora! That's impossible. It can't snow in Summer!" George the Panda rubbed his eyes and stepped out of his bedroom. "He's right." All of Aurora's siblings agreed with George. They all thought Aurora was crazy. "Come with
me then! Let's all head to the living room!" Aurora led all of them to the living room, which walls were windows. Aurora's siblings couldn't believe their eyes either. They gasped and hurriedly rushed outside. They laughed and all lied down in the snow. They were all speechless.

The big kidz were making snow forts & some snowmen, the kidz were having a snowball fight, and the toddlers were making snow angels. "Everyone, who wants some warm, fluffy, bread with some Moonberry Marmalade AND some hot chocolate with extra marshmallows?" I smiled as I stood at the door of our house. "I do!" They all said in unison and giggled.

It really was a very merry Christmas in July.
Cosmic is offline Female
Old 07-22-2012, 07:36 AM   #46
I is where I belong
Banned
xXTrinityXx is a name known to allxXTrinityXx is a name known to allxXTrinityXx is a name known to all

This thread is for the entries in the Christmas in July Contest. The contest ends on July 24th at 11pm KinzTime. Ten winners (chosen by staff) will win the Snowflake Rug. Let your imagination finish the story, no pictures please.

. . ever so suddenly. Today was Christmas in July! Miranda, a Sun Fox, looked out the window. "Oh my gosh, it's SNOWING! IN JULY!!! YAHOOO!!!!!!" But Miranda had one teensy problem. She was a SUN Fox! "Oh boy, maybe I can't participate in the snow..." she mumbled. But Miranda took chances. She stepped out into what she think would be bitter coldness, but it was hot! And snowing! Miranda started laughing.

"Hey guys! Its Christmas In July!" Miranda yelled. Her friends came, and everyone had a WONDERFUL time participating in snow games, rallies, and snow cone fights! This was a really fun day for all the kinz in Webkinz World

THE END
xXTrinityXx is offline Female
Old 07-22-2012, 08:17 AM   #47
Smilse

Webkinz_Girl_99 wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinz_Girl_99 wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinz_Girl_99 wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinz_Girl_99 wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinz_Girl_99 wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinz_Girl_99 wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinz_Girl_99 wears the mantle of perfection with grace

The webkinz were all exhausted from swimming all day. It had been so hot for the past week. They went to bed dreaming of last winter and how cold it was. When their alarm went off...

The Webkinz didn't know what compelled them to go outside and check the weather, but that was the first thing that they did upon rising from bed! Much to the surprise of the 'Kinz, it was snowing heavily outside- in the middle of July, mind you! Now, a few snowflakes falling in July wasn't unheard of, but this snowfall wasn't like those others who had contained "only a few snowflakes", it was a full blown snowstorm, and the Webkinz all stared in awe at the large snowflakes that fell down rapidly. The weather was so unlike that typical of July. Somewhere among the Webkinz, a Holiday Husky shouted out, "Woohoo! It's Christmas in July!", and opened the window that all the 'Kinz were staring out of, then proceeded to jump out, leaving a trail of skidding paws on the roof behind him, running out in the street barking happily and jumping in the air.

A few other Webkinz also followed, jumping from the low-raised roof into the snowy floors underneath. "Come on!" the Holiday Husky shouted, leading a trail of Webkinz out into the snowy streets. Anyone that day would've thought that it was mid-December, except for one thing- the trees still had vibrant green leaves! They were admiring the whole scene for several minutes, when all the Webkinz heard the jingling of sleigh bells in the distance. "Santakinz!" exclaimed a lil' kinz Golden Retriever, only to be interrupted by an Opossum. "Oh, silly, everyone knows Santakinz doesn't exist!" she said. The driver of the sleigh soon came into sight, a Mistletoe Mouse who was wearing bright red robes obviously to big for him, and he seemed to hear the Santakinz remark. "Well, now he is!" the mouse squeaked, and pelted the Webkinz with presents before shouting out (or rather, squeaking out), "Merry Christmas in July!" and going down the streets in his jingle bell sleigh.
Webkinz_Girl_99 is offline Female
Old 07-22-2012, 01:35 PM   #48
Lil Kinz
jayboo9 is an unknown quantity at this point

they woke up, got dressed and walked to the kitchen. On there way they found a something for which they were not searching. A note is what they found, they found it just lying around. It said "In order to get to the land of snow; First you must be somewhere really low." All the webkinz looked at each other, then they said to one another " It so hot outside and i'ld like to go, to land that is filled with a lot of snow. So they went to the curio shop for every one knows in the back there is a big drop to down below. When they got there they showed Arte the note and he got his coat. He was going with them on their adventure also he brought his good friend bencher. So they went to the back with a parachute and jumped off the edge for their snowy loot. When they reached the ground they were so happy they wanted to bound. They all started walking then bencher said, "I think I see some light up ahead." They all started running, dancing, sprinting, leaping, bounding, racing, fur flying, hearts pounding into the snow filled land. They made snowmen and had snowball fights. After that they went sledding all through the night. The next day they snow angels and licked icicles that dangled. Then they heard a noise. At first it sounded like toys then boys then all of a sudden the snow monster who was named KOYZ jumped out. The terrified kinz ran back to the cave and a magical ladder appeared (it was weird). They got back up in the curio shop and everyone decided did a bop. Then Bencher said lets board up that hole in the back of the store then go to our houses and be home by four. And still of a summers night they say, when the wind is in the trees and the moon is a ghostly galleon tossed upon cloudy seas their are always webkinz who are all exhausted from swimming all day. They go to bed dreaming of last winter and how cold it was. When their alarm the goes off...
jayboo9 is offline Male
Old 07-22-2012, 07:00 PM   #49
pollywackyday

coco is my dog has much to be proud ofcoco is my dog has much to be proud ofcoco is my dog has much to be proud ofcoco is my dog has much to be proud of

they woke to a normal moring intil a bumped her head. when she came to she was in a snow flake bed with santa kinz and his elves she worked with them but when she really come to she was in her beach house bed with her brothers and sister around her
coco is my dog is offline Female
Old 07-22-2012, 09:09 PM   #50
~

PawPrintz is headed for the top!PawPrintz is headed for the top!PawPrintz is headed for the top!PawPrintz is headed for the top!PawPrintz is headed for the top!PawPrintz is headed for the top!PawPrintz is headed for the top!PawPrintz is headed for the top!PawPrintz is headed for the top!PawPrintz is headed for the top!PawPrintz is headed for the top!PawPrintz is headed for the top!

The webkinz were all exhausted from swimming all day. It had been so hot for the past week. They went to bed dreaming of last winter and how cold it was. When their alarm went off, They woke up moaning and groaning because they were tired of all those hot summer days, and just needed a break from the hotness. The webkinz looked out the window, expecting to see blazing hot weather as usual, They were right. "Aww..." the webkinz said as they very sadly walked down stairs, As with that, White snowflakes started falling everywhere! "Wow!" they exclaimed, " I can't believe this is happening!" One shouted, And in a flash, the webkinz got their Huge bulky coats on, their mittens, their hats, and 3 pairs of extra wooly socks. "Oh" Said one of the webkinz, "I forgot my sled!" the webkinz quickly ran upstairs to get his sled. As soon as he came back down, the other webkinz were running out the door! The webkinz played and played for hours, until mother shouted, "Who wants some hot chocolate?" all the webkinz came running inside, Sat down, and started drinking their hot chocolate. Mother said "Go get in your Pajama's." The children said "Ok Mother." And all 3 webkinz went in their rooms, and got their Pajama's on, and got in their beds, One by one mother kissed them goodnight, and soon enough the webkinz fell asleep, The best part you ask? It snowed in the middle of july!

Last edited by PawPrintz; 07-23-2012 at 08:27 PM.. Reason: Grammar Mistakes,
PawPrintz is offline Female
Closed

Tags
congrats to everyone!, googles always prevail, holly(:, mcrmy gave tag, nice contest!