Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2010, 05:34 PM   #11
i am chatty
Gifted

miss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applause
miss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applause

Donation Award 
Default Re: New York, Florida, and Quebec Not Eligible for Contests?

View Post Originally Posted by MamaDragon3
I'd heard that some states were not eligible for Ganz contests, so I had to go look it up. Official rules state that if you live in NY, FL or Quebec you are not eligible for prizes from Ganz contests.

WHAT??!??

Now, I'm glad I don't live in those states, and it may be a state law and not Ganz' fault for this restriction. However, that means that unless a winner sells their code on eBay or something, residents of FL, NY, and Quebec will never even have a chance to win a Sparkling Pegasus. That just seems WRONG to me. I can't believe Ganz would run contests with a prize that some people have no hopes of winning.

Did you know about this?
yep, i have known about it from the outset of the contests. since i can't enter, i root for those who can.

i would like it if they did a different type contest for the sparkling pegasus that everyne can compete in. i don't do twitter either......... so that too, is a moot point.
i happen to live in ny.
miss spots is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2010, 06:54 PM   #12
One Just Ducky
Gift Guru

luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!
luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!

Donation Award 

I live in NY, but I am going to stay positive for the sparkling pegasus code. We are able to participate in the click to win contests. I have snow white items, incluling the wicked queen drees. After all it is only a virtual code, not a physical hand held item. And I've participated in all the other click to win contests. So whatever contest they have I will at least try to enter and see what happens.

Ganz is not really at fault for this rule. New York State has put up these laws because they are afraid if someone wins something, the state government does not know about, they would loose that tax revenue. Instead of NY being called the Empire State it should be called the Tax State! And mark my words, we ain't seen nothin' yet! I fear for what's just down the road for the good ol' US of A!

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:30 AM   #13
WIGEV Team Member

elymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacity
elymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacity

Here's an even BETTER one:

We used to live in Quebec and have since moved to Ontario. I tried calling Ganz to have the info changed so we could finally win contests (or have a chance to anyways - not that this is why we moved LOL).

Get this: I was told it can't be done! I would have to open new accounts and start over! How's that for an empty Ganz prize box!
elymic is offline Female
Old 03-29-2010, 10:05 AM   #14
Webkinz :)

smartcat9 will become famous soon enough

Wow that just stinks i live in florida and it's abut a half day drive to get to the panhandel ;(

Last edited by smartcat9; 03-29-2010 at 10:06 AM.. Reason: none
Old 03-29-2010, 06:06 PM   #15
The GTS Works!

MamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by Emloveswebkins
i know about this and i live in florida, i just ignore and enter, how will they find out and what can they do if we do enter and win?
I'm not sure, but don't you give them your state when you first open your Webkinz account? Not sure how they'd find out from the e-mail entry, though, since that does not ask for your username.
MamaDragon3 is offline Female
Old 03-29-2010, 06:25 PM   #16
ub my hubbykinz

MsSchoolBus flows towards the sea of knowledgeMsSchoolBus flows towards the sea of knowledgeMsSchoolBus flows towards the sea of knowledgeMsSchoolBus flows towards the sea of knowledgeMsSchoolBus flows towards the sea of knowledgeMsSchoolBus flows towards the sea of knowledgeMsSchoolBus flows towards the sea of knowledge

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by MamaDragon3
I'm not sure, but don't you give them your state when you first open your Webkinz account? Not sure how they'd find out from the e-mail entry, though, since that does not ask for your username.
They can get your location through your IP address. I don't know if there's anyway to bypass this.

As far as elymics' statement that they moved out of Quebec and STILL weren't eligible. That really makes no sense at all. I would be furious.

Does anyone know the real legal reasons that this is not allowed? I'd love too know if we had any recourse (a petition from the residents of the effected states or providences maybe.)
MsSchoolBus is offline Female
Old 03-29-2010, 10:26 PM   #17
One Just Ducky
Gift Guru

luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!
luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by MsSchoolBus

Does anyone know the real legal reasons that this is not allowed? I'd love too know if we had any recourse (a petition from the residents of the effected states or providences maybe.)
It all has to due with the effected state's way of collecting tax revenue for items won in various contests, sweepstakes, etc. Your chance of changing it with petition is nil. The only way would be Ganz producing all the necessay paper work to the state.
Obviously not something they are willing to do.

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by luvwebkinz; 03-30-2010 at 06:40 PM..
Old 03-30-2010, 01:35 AM   #18
ub my hubbykinz

MsSchoolBus flows towards the sea of knowledgeMsSchoolBus flows towards the sea of knowledgeMsSchoolBus flows towards the sea of knowledgeMsSchoolBus flows towards the sea of knowledgeMsSchoolBus flows towards the sea of knowledgeMsSchoolBus flows towards the sea of knowledgeMsSchoolBus flows towards the sea of knowledge

Donation Award 

Thank you luvwebkinz. I had a feeling it was a situation that was out of our control, but one can always hope. Maybe someday Ganz will feel that it worth their while to let their members in NY, Florida and Quebec have the same rights as the rest of our countries.
MsSchoolBus is offline Female
Old 03-30-2010, 07:31 AM   #19
WIGEV Team Member

elymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacity
elymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacity

View Post Originally Posted by MsSchoolBus
They can get your location through your IP address. I don't know if there's anyway to bypass this.

As far as elymics' statement that they moved out of Quebec and STILL weren't eligible. That really makes no sense at all.
I know it makes no sense! I spoke to customer service again yesterday and got the same answer: they cannot change our personnal information (the one we provided when we first logged on - which includes our address).

What you say about the IP address is interesting, but I am sure they go with the registration address.

I guess I am just going to have to open another account for contests..

If the chipettes is like the snow white queen or griffin carpet contest we should be fine though because I was able to get a few of those . It's the other, more "official" contests (room decorations, etc.) that we cannot win...
elymic is offline Female
Old 03-30-2010, 01:11 PM   #20

JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!

I can't speak for the Florida or NY but the lottery and gaming laws in Quebec are a nightmare for companies... it is not just a matter of doing a little more paperwork.

The 'official' government position is that these regulations are intended to control gambling but why the government has decided promotions like 'collect 5 box tops and send in for a free...' is a form of gambling I'll never know.

Bottom line: If you live in Quebec the place to lay blame is on the government NOT GANZ.

View Post Originally Posted by elymic
I know it makes no sense! I spoke to customer service again yesterday and got the same answer: they cannot change our personnal information (the one we provided when we first logged on - which includes our address)...
A neighbour received the same 'it can't ber done' message regarding changing their login name - They asked to speak to a supervisor and were told the same thing - They then asked to speak with the supervisor's manager who told them 'Absolutely no problem - Of course I can do that for you.'

They asked why they had to 'escalate' things and talk with a manager and they were told - The 'User Account Name Field' can not be accessed by support persons... and appologized for the supervisor advising that they had just been promoted and that they didn't know that the field could be changed by supervisors... they had just assumed that since they couldn't change the value before that it could not be changed period.

Bottom line: Don't believe GANZ supporrt staff when they say something can not be done untill you have at least asked to speak with a supervisor about it (and perhaps one step higher).
JustDad is offline Male
Closed

Tags
bethany‚ô•