Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
View Poll Results: How many bees were created by the Dreamworks animation team for the Bee Movie? CANCELLED FOR CHEATIN
Over 1,500 52.62%
Over 2,000 63.14%
Over 25,000 63.14%
Over 26,000 73.66%
Over 28,000 52.62%
Over 50,000 42.09%
Over 100,000 42.09%
Over 150,000 63.14%
Over 200,000 42.09%
Over 225,000 00%
Over 250,000 63.14%
Over 275,000 52.62%
Over 350,000 10.52%
Over 425,000 73.66%
Over 500,000 63.14%
Over 675,000 42.09%
Over 700,000 31.57%
Over 750,000 115.76%
Over 1 million 7639.79%
Over 2 million 63.14%
Over 5 million 21.05%
Over 6 million 84.19%
Over 10 million 94.71%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2007, 07:37 AM   #91
Desertpearl
Gifted

Texasmiley will become famous soon enough

Default Re: NEW WI Monthly Contest 10/17 - 11/15! Win a Webkinz Reindeer or Black Bear!! CANCELLED DUE TO CHEATING!!

jeez people! why must you ruin the contest???
Texasmiley is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2007, 07:45 AM   #92
lilshrimp888
Gift Guru

lilshrimp888 has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: NEW WI Monthly Contest 10/17 - 11/15! Win a Webkinz Reindeer or Black Bear!! CANCELLED DUE TO CHEATING!!

barther-
I'm sorry but I disagree with what you're saying.
1. the person is FROM our WI forum
2. they asked the SAME exact question on a yahoo thing

I'm wondering, is she your friend or something, because you seem to be getting VERY defensive barther

---------- lilshrimp888 added 3 Minutes and 57 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by Wendy

It saddens me greatly, but once again we will have to cancel a contest due to CHEATING by a member. Here is the evidence:

Click the image to open in full size.
Wait a minute, when ELSE have we had to cancel a WI contest, this is the only time I can think of, ?????

---------- lilshrimp888 added 0 Minutes and 38 Seconds later ----------

I've highlighted that part in the text that I was talking about

Last edited by lilshrimp888; 11-14-2007 at 07:45 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-14-2007, 08:17 AM   #93
SmilesRContagious
Wiki SysOp

canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness
canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness

I really don't think this is fair to those who play fair.
Why can't you just disqualify the cheater?
Old 11-14-2007, 08:19 AM   #94
barthur

Everybody is way willing to yell cheating, but no one has yet to show me exactly where the rules state that you can't DO research or ASK questions outside of WI. Seriously, if I'm having trouble reading between the lines, why are we so ready to condemn what is probably a child for having the same trouble?

* You may NOT ask any member of the WI staff for the answer or you will be disqualified
* You may only vote one time
* You may only select one answer
* You may NOT change your vote after it has been cast
* You cannot view current results of this poll so as not to sway the voting
* No cheating is allowed - on WI, as in real life, cheaters will ALWAYS be disqualified, and it ruins it for everyone.
* Discussion on which answer you voted for will NOT be allowed - you will be disqualified
* Discussion of any kind on your research, findings, etc, will result in a disqualification of your entry in the contest.
* The poll will close at midnight KT on Nov 15 and the winners will be announced on Nov 16th, 2007.

I don't have a problem with, from now on, it being stated that you can do no research, you either have to know the answer or just guess, but it should be in the rules. Most contests let you do whatever research you need to as long as you stay within the rest of the guidelines for the contest. I just can't find anywhere in the guidelines that state you can't ask anybody else outside of this forum that you want. It seriously does need clarifying. Some poor little kid is now being slandered as a cheater when very possibly they just read the rules exactly as they are, and if so, they didn't cheat! This is a VERY legitimate question.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:20 AM   #95
Gifted
Rallymama is on a distinguished road

I agree, I don't see any stricture agains t RESEARCH. However, I think an unstated line was crossed when the cheater moved from trying to find the answer on his/her own, to trying to have someone GIVE him/her the answer, by asking a bald question.

It's like writing a research paper - how heavily can you cite a source before your work becomes plagarism? I think it would be fine to look in all the places you can think of to find the answer, but to baldly ask for the information.. that goes too far.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:26 AM   #96
barthur

View Post Originally Posted by canonymous
I really don't think this is fair to those who play fair.
Why can't you just disqualify the cheater?

If someone actually DID cheat(which, according to the rules, they didn't), then yes, it should probably just be the cheater disqualified. But I'm thinking that the rules were unclear enough to let it continue.

---------- barthur added 2 Minutes and 30 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by Rallymama
I agree, I don't see any stricture agains t RESEARCH. However, I think an unstated line was crossed when the cheater moved from trying to find the answer on his/her own, to trying to have someone GIVE him/her the answer, by asking a bald question.

It's like writing a research paper - how heavily can you cite a source before your work becomes plagarism? I think it would be fine to look in all the places you can think of to find the answer, but to baldly ask for the information.. that goes too far.
If this was school and any of it actually meant anything, then yes, it would be wrong. But since the line states you cannot ask any WI staff, it kinda leaves it open that maybe it's okay to ask anyone else you'd like. Nothing was copied, just a question asked.

---------- barthur added 2 Minutes and 22 Seconds later ----------

Main thing is folks, that I'm thinking some poor little kid deserves an apology. This is an entire thread on how despicable a cheater they are, yet me, an adult, can find no where that they cheated. What if it was you? What if you "misinterpreted" the rules, or like me, just couldn't find it, and all of the sudden, on a forum you frequent, you are the main topic of discussion. How would that feel?

Last edited by barthur; 11-14-2007 at 08:26 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Closed