Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2011, 07:13 AM   #1
Am I really a
upsetness flows towards the sea of knowledgeupsetness flows towards the sea of knowledgeupsetness flows towards the sea of knowledgeupsetness flows towards the sea of knowledgeupsetness flows towards the sea of knowledgeupsetness flows towards the sea of knowledgeupsetness flows towards the sea of knowledgeupsetness flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Letter to the Creative Director

I am a surgeon, and a former patient's mother and I have become friends. She and her special needs daughter love Webkinz. On Friday my friend sent me the following letter. I have ***'d the name of the child. The mother sent the email to Ganz Support with "To the Creative Director" in the subject line. The mother gave me permission to share this letter with you, and also to say that her child's handicap is really much worse then she is stating. The child nearly died, and has had many complications. It has been three years since the shooting, and she is still having problems. The bullet nicked her spinal cord.

This is the letter:

I am a caretaker of a special needs child, age 9, who has many issues with mobility and some cognitive responses related to processing incoming information. In other words, her responses are slow. Sadly, these problems are due to a drive-by shooting at *******’s school in which she was hit by a stray bullet, and her mother died in the incident. Both were in a car waiting for ******'s brother.
****** loves Webkinz! The games, the "softness" (her words) and the friendliness of the site all assist her in her self esteem issues, help her learn that her actions can have a positive or negative outcome, and help build her ability to understand that determination and practice will help you achieve your goals. Webkinz does all that, and more, for ******.
****** was very excited when she heard about the Nafaria star trading activity. She is missing just one star out of the 21 she needs to get another throne and never trades the new stars she finds, so she knew she would have enough stars to trade for Nafaria items. It breaks my heart to watch her play Webkinz and see the Nafaria icon appear on her screen, and then disappear before she has time to click on it. With her mobility issues, she has to move her entire hand and arm across her desk, with her mouse in tow. I tried helping her, since all I have to do is move my wrist (not my entire hand and arm). I thought I could help her, so I tried. First, I had to find Nafaria. When they had the Spree Dice contest going, I discovered that she appeared right after the dice were clicked on, so I did fairly well. After that contest ended, I have been only able to find the Nafaria icon once. It disappeared so fast that I was not able to click on it ****** has spent hours trying to get just one piece of clothing from the fairy, and has been unsuccessful. It is important to her to find it on her own, and also emotionally necessary for her to do so. Kids with special needs have few successes, and a game meant for children should be child friendly. It should not make them so frustrated that they cry. I have explained to ****** that Nafaria is a "bad" fairy. I do understand the concept, and the message Ganz is sending, but really, this is a site for kids, and kids need to be able to find the items within a reasonable time frame. Shame on you for making it so hard that all it does is lead to frustration and tears. Little kids just want to find the fairy and get the prize. Why must it become an hours long activity that seems to negate all the good Ganz is trying to do? What is the goal with this promotion- to frustrate children to the point of tears? I am surprised and appalled that you have moved away from a fun atmosphere into one of competition. It seems that with the programming, you are keeping in mind the adults who are there to grab at the prizes, rather then the children who are also trying to play this game. So what if the adults get the items faster and move up to the top prizes faster? Shouldn't it be more important for the kids you are here to serve to find at least the basics? They are in school this month, and cannot spend all day on-line, as many of the adults do.
I will say it again, although these words are something I rarely say. To anyone. Shame on you, Ganz.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, is it a coincidence that I saw Nafaria on all my accounts on Saturday, Sunday and today (Monday), and she stayed around longer?????????

Just wondering.
upsetness is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2011, 07:33 AM   #2
Banned
cheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoW
cheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoW

Default Re: Letter to the Creative Director

That is such a touching story.
I hope we do get to see Nafaria longer than before..
Mabye now Ganz will put into consider that there are children with needs or can't do the stuff other kids can do that play this type of stuff.
Thank you So much for sharing with us.
cheekyluver is offline Male
Old 09-19-2011, 10:29 AM   #3
Am I really a
upsetness flows towards the sea of knowledgeupsetness flows towards the sea of knowledgeupsetness flows towards the sea of knowledgeupsetness flows towards the sea of knowledgeupsetness flows towards the sea of knowledgeupsetness flows towards the sea of knowledgeupsetness flows towards the sea of knowledgeupsetness flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by cheekyluver
That is such a touching story.
I hope we do get to see Nafaria longer than before..
Mabye now Ganz will put into consider that there are children with needs or can't do the stuff other kids can do that play this type of stuff.
Thank you So much for sharing with us.
You are welcome. When I spoke with the mother this morning, she was so thrilled. Her daughter had finally spotted Nafaria- not once but twice- and had gotten a gift both times!!
Old 09-19-2011, 10:44 AM   #4
Diabetes Awareness
Gifted
NedOwl has disabled reputation

I hope the creative team actually listened to this touching story

I have dyspraxia myself and the leaves are impossible for me to react to quickly enough At least nafaria seems to hang around for longer now.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:51 AM   #5
Am I really a

View Post Originally Posted by NedOwl
I hope the creative team actually listened to this touching story

I have dyspraxia myself and the leaves are impossible for me to react to quickly enough At least nafaria seems to hang around for longer now.
Bless your heart- you know, than, how frustrating it can be for people with motor issues, I also posted on another thread with some leaf catching hints. Try this- http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...k-them-714688/
post # 24.
Closed