Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2009, 11:24 AM   #1
owzers, I sure am
Gifted

soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!

Question Kinzville newz contest help!!

So, I'm writing a story for the floral fox contest, but I'm a little confused....

It says on the rules that it must have 1,000 characters or less, but isn't that a little...short? So far I have 300 words, 1,377 characters without spaces, and 1,670 characters with spaces. Should I rewrite my story, or do they really mean 1,000 words?

Thanks in advance!
soccerox7 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2009, 11:32 AM   #2
sf4581
Gift Guru

sf4581 is a name known to allsf4581 is a name known to allsf4581 is a name known to all

Default Re: Kinzville newz contest help!!

If they said characters I'm sure that's what they meant. Good luck!
sf4581 is offline Female
Old 01-25-2009, 11:32 AM   #3
owzers, I sure am
Gifted

soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by sf4581
If they said characters I'm sure that's what they meant. Good luck!
Oh well... thank you!
Old 01-25-2009, 11:49 AM   #4
My Mommy Says I'm
Gifted

Amymt is a name known to allAmymt is a name known to allAmymt is a name known to all

They mean 1000 characters. Including spaces. I don't like it. It's way to short! I wrote a good story and all I have been doing is shorting it and it still doesn't work! I wish It was 2000 characters.
Amymt is offline Female
Old 01-25-2009, 11:54 AM   #5
owzers, I sure am
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by Amymt
They mean 1000 characters. Including spaces. I don't like it. It's way to short! I wrote a good story and all I have been doing is shorting it and it still doesn't work! I wish It was 2000 characters.
Thanks for the help! I wish it was longer, too! You can't really make a good story at that length, but I guess they need to read a lot of entries. Good luck on your story!
Old 01-25-2009, 11:56 AM   #6
Call me Yana or Miki
Gifted

mikilaapplep is a glorious beacon of lightmikilaapplep is a glorious beacon of lightmikilaapplep is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah, I wish it was a little longer too. For me, it's way too short.
mikilaapplep is offline Female
Old 01-25-2009, 11:59 AM   #7
ow imma...
Webkinz :)

95cute51 has disabled reputation

They mean Characters. I think the reason is because of all the little kids on WW. Ganz doesn't expect some seven year old to right a 1,000 worded passage. That is the reason I believe they have it... Hope I helped
95cute51 is offline Female
Old 01-25-2009, 12:21 PM   #8
owzers, I sure am
Gifted

Thanks, guys! Good luck on your stories!
Old 01-25-2009, 12:23 PM   #9

They mean 1,000 caracters.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:23 PM   #10
Rainribbon
Gifted

Rainribbon has a spectacular aura aboutRainribbon has a spectacular aura about

It's probably because they don't want to read anything much longer. From what I've seen of what they've selected in the past, they seem less likely to award prizes to older members/more advanced writers anyway.
Rainribbon is offline Female
Closed