Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2008, 07:52 PM   #1
ow! Piece of cake!
Gifted

girldies4 is just really nicegirldies4 is just really nice

Default Is it just me?

Hello, everyone! Now, don't bite my head off...

First, let me say that I just LOVE WI. I really find everything I need to know here.

But, I have to say I'm feeling a little like the Operation October games, etc. seem like they are not very "new" user friendly. Am I alone in this thinking?

And yes, I do have a solution. Maybe someone who really knows thier way around this place can do some defining?

Like, what's a Siggie/Avvie? I am embarrased now thinking how long it took for me to get even that. Or also, where to find the Moderators Profiles and such. Yanno, just a quick newbie reference! Something to help us navigate. I had to quit the Scavanger Hunt because I just couldn't figure out where to go! I know, Boo-hoo. Oh, yes...and the whole PM thing. I didn't know how I even became eligable to PM until a few days after!

But please help us new ones.

Thanks!

Last edited by girldies4; 10-06-2008 at 08:07 PM.. Reason: typo
girldies4 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2008, 08:15 PM   #2
Gifted

Ferf has a reputation beyond reputeFerf has a reputation beyond reputeFerf has a reputation beyond reputeFerf has a reputation beyond reputeFerf has a reputation beyond reputeFerf has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Is it just me?

Are you wanting some help with what you mentioned?

I can tell you what I know:

Siggie = Signature - usually the end of a person's post, the part that is there no matter the topic or post

Avvie = Avatar - usually the picture underneath someones name and title. Mine should be a nice black lab

PM = Private Message - you can do this after you are promoted to Webkinz from a Lil' Kinz - usually after 10 meaningful posts (not poll responses I believe)

Here's what I do to find a person:
Once I log in, I go to Members List and type in the persons name. Then I click on the name and go to contact info to do a PM.

There may be a quicker way, but that's the way I know to use.

For a list of moderators and staff see the following post:
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...nd-t18050.html

Hope that helps. I'm relatively new myself. I stumbled across the Monday Avvie today by accident, so I'm learning too.

Good luck and hi from a semi-newbie
Ferf is offline Female
Old 10-06-2008, 08:23 PM   #3
ow! Piece of cake!
Gifted

girldies4 is just really nicegirldies4 is just really nice

Awesome Ferf! That is eactly the kind of information I mean! Thank you so much. I would LOVE to see more posts like this one. Webkinz Insider Tips!
girldies4 is offline Female
Old 10-20-2008, 08:53 AM   #4
Webkinz :)

bromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to all

First let me say welcome!!!This is an awsome site. I love it.

And as for your questions, there is a full page of abbrivations and what they mean in the forum area...I didn't know what anything meant either. I am still learning too. I just joined this past week. If you have trouble finding it, click on my picture of the tiger and it will lead you to an area where you can ask me any question and I'll do my best to help.
Sincerely, bromsisa
bromsisa is offline Female
Old 10-20-2008, 09:22 AM   #5
blessedx5
Gift Guru

blessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable character
blessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable character

Welcome to WI!

I think your onto something here.There do seem to be a lot of the same questions coming up kind of frequently. There is a guide to abbreviations and there meaning..maybe it needs to be linked in the Operation October thread? Maybe it is already...I can't remember right now.

Anyways,don't feel bad about having to quit the scavenger hunt..I couldn't find them all either and quit also. lol
blessedx5 is offline Female
Old 10-20-2008, 01:56 PM   #6
hopee May 24 weekend
Gift Guru

Rejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clown

First let me start off by welcoming you to WI!

The best thing you new members can do is to go and check out the faq's section that is where we direct all new members, it is filled with all the answers to all your questions, it will also help you figure out how to add your "siggy and avatars" it is well worth the few minutes to look it over.

Good luck and if you ever need any help feel free to drop me a line I am more than happy to help you out
Rejewal is offline Female
Old 10-22-2008, 09:46 PM   #7
I dance with my

pupso98 is a glorious beacon of lightpupso98 is a glorious beacon of lightpupso98 is a glorious beacon of light

It took me a long time to figure out the Avvie (avatar) and siggie (signature) thing...... But this is not a contest ya know!
pupso98 is offline Female
Old 10-23-2008, 08:38 AM   #8
Call me Sydney!

cutegirl#1 is a splendid one to beholdcutegirl#1 is a splendid one to beholdcutegirl#1 is a splendid one to beholdcutegirl#1 is a splendid one to behold

You can go to the FAQ and look because they have all of your most asked qustions! I hope I helped you out a little bit!
cutegirl#1 is offline Female
Old 10-25-2008, 02:17 PM   #9
i'm extra specially
Gifted

mom2ba is a splendid one to beholdmom2ba is a splendid one to beholdmom2ba is a splendid one to beholdmom2ba is a splendid one to behold

to PM someone you click their user name above thier avitar, like mine will say mom2ba then i have some words then my trick or treater picture, so if you want to Pm me just click on my name and it will take you to my profile page then click on send message a little menu will pop up and ask if you want to post a profile message, which everyone will be able to see or a private message (PM) where it goes into an inbox just like e-mail except only on WI.
mom2ba is offline Female
Old 10-29-2008, 02:57 PM   #10
is smitchellicious
Gift Guru

smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!

Some of the contest might not be the most newbie friendly; however, we made sure there are also plenty of things for even the newest members also. There are creative writing contests, room decoration contests and trick or treat threads on Fridays where all you have to do is post.

Also, reading the FAQ section when you first begin is a great way to answer most of your questions. I'm glad you joined WI and hope you have a nice time.
smitchell is offline Female
Closed