Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2009, 03:28 PM   #1
blessedx5
Gift Guru

blessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable character
blessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable character

Default Ganz Shimmer Snake Contest Winners Announced

The winners from the shimmer snake contest that was held on the webkinz newz have been announced. I have been checking the front page but didn't see them.Today I decided to check the winners page and there they were.

Webkinz Newz

Congrats to the winners! I wonder if any are from WI?
blessedx5 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2009, 03:35 PM   #2
Webkinz :)

bballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter covered
bballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter covered

Default Re: Ganz Shimmer Snake Contest Winners Announced

Thanks for the info! I just checked the winners...they are funny! so far nobody has reported being from WI
Old 06-04-2009, 05:22 PM   #3
blessedx5
Gift Guru

blessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable character

I hope there were some WI people who won.

None of my kids did lol but the stories that did were kind of funny.

Guess no one really cares huh? Oh well

Last edited by blessedx5; 06-04-2009 at 05:22 PM..
Old 06-04-2009, 05:25 PM   #4
icked Webbies
Gift Guru

dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!
dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!

Well, honestly I was so bummed out when I saw we didn't win again I wasn't feeling festive enough to do the generic, "Congrats to the winners!"

But, I think my initial reaction is over and I'm genuinely happy for the winners now! They were good entries!

Here was our entry-it was a combined effort of myself, dd and ds...

Long bodies have lots of legs, usually. This is the true story of Shimmer Snake. Sadie the Shimmer Snake not always shimmery or snaky. She started out life with a long green body and over 52 long legs. Putting shoes on all those feet every morning was quite a feat (pun intended). Her very best friend in the whole world was a beautiful purple butterfly named Viola.

One day, Viola fluttered up so high, she got caught in a shimmery spider web that had been strung with silk between three very sparkly stars. Sadie could hear Viola’s mournful cries. Without thinking at all she tried jumping as high as she could, but even with all those feet, jumping that high was an impossible feat (pun intended again). Alyssa, a very good fairy, heard the commotion and joined Sadie.
“I’d give anything to help Viola!” cried Sadie.
“Do you really mean that?” asked Alyssa.
“Yes, she is my dearest friend,” sniffed Sadie.
Alyssa then took her wand, and instantly Sadie’s lovely feet were gone.
Sadie was able to slither and snake her way up the stars to where Viola was trapped. Once Sadie removed the silky web from Viola’s delicate wings and they were safely on the ground, Sadie noticed that something was different. She no longer had legs! Her once dull scales were now shimmering in the sunlight; they had been touched with stardust!
Sadie had been transformed by not magic, but by love and compassion.
dragonbird is offline Female
Old 06-04-2009, 09:41 PM   #5
blessedx5
Gift Guru

Oh I like your entry dragonbird I will admit I was disappointed none of the kids won this one. And not just because they would have loved to have the snake. lol But they all really put some thought into their stories and they were pretty good. I am still proud of them even if they didn't win.

I think I have their stories saved...I'll have to look. If I find them I will share
Old 06-05-2009, 08:30 AM   #6
arehouse 13 <3
Webkinz :)

Hedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonder

I was a little disappointed too. Although I liked all but one of the winning entries, personally I thought mine was just as good . And silly.

A long time ago in Webkinz World, when Green Shimmer Snakes still had legs, there was a snake called Glitter. Glitter was very lazy, and did nothing more than watch TV, and drive in her car. “Glitter,” her friends all warned her, “If you don’t use those legs, they’ll run away.” Glitter loved her friends, but she laughed at this silly idea. “Legs don’t have feelings,” she giggled to Thomas the turtle one day, “They don’t care if they’re used or not.” Then that very night, while Glitter was sleeping, her legs decided they’d had enough. With a heave and a ho, they shed right off of Glitter and left her for good. When Glitter woke up the next morning, she cried out in dismay. “Help,” she sobbed, “my legs, they’re gone!” Glitter’s friends felt sorry for her, and being the good friends that they were, they helped Glitter learn to move by wiggling on her belly. Glitter never was lazy again, and to this very day, Green Shimmer Snakes still don’t have legs, and move by slithering instead.
Hedgie is offline Female
Closed