Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2009, 10:27 AM   #61
Hmm
Eliphalet
Gift Guru

Hmm is an unparalleled talent
Hmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talent

Default Re: Ganz poetry contest for the Cupid Shimmering Spring! Half-Rhymes and Visual Rhymes Explained! Fine Print of contest rules discussed! (Was: Okay... It's betting time. What do you think the next Ganz Contest will be?)

On Sunday night after 12KT, everyone can share their couplets. Mine were pretty terrible, but I had fun coming up with them with my kids.

Hmm
Hmm is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2009, 10:29 AM   #62
Gifted

wowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a hero
wowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a hero

Smile Re: Ganz poetry contest for the Cupid Shimmering Spring! Half-Rhymes and Visual Rhymes Explained! Fine Print of contest rules discussed! (Was: Okay... It's betting time. What do you think the next Ganz Contest will be?)

I entered two. One with my email, one with my Mom's. I thought they were ok.
-wowewe
wowewe is offline Female
Old 02-08-2009, 01:33 PM   #63
Gifted

honeyluv55 is a forum hero
honeyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum hero

Thumbs up Re: Ganz poetry contest for the Cupid Shimmering Spring! Half-Rhymes and Visual Rhymes Explained! Fine Print of contest rules discussed! (Was: Okay... It's betting time. What do you think the next Ganz Contest will be?)

View Post Originally Posted by naomiglasc
In poetry, 2 lines, doesn't mean 2 lines on a sheet of paper. It means 2 sections, Like each of my "petic lines" took up 2 lines when I was typing.
I know, I just didn't want to take a chance
honeyluv55 is offline Female
Old 02-08-2009, 04:50 PM   #64
Lil Kinz
aaabchjk is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Ganz poetry contest for the Cupid Shimmering Spring! Half-Rhymes and Visual Rhymes Explained! Fine Print of contest rules discussed! (Was: Okay... It's betting time. What do you think the next Ganz Contest will be?)

View Post Originally Posted by Hmm
UPDATE: IT'S A POETRY CONTEST

For this V-Day contest, we are looking for a rhyming couplet about roses. A rhyming couplet is a two-line poem, with the last word of each line rhyming.

Example:
One day, my friend gave me a rose.
Why was that, do you suppose?

Half-rhymes and visual rhymes will also be accepted.

Submitted poems will be judged on creativity, grammar and style. Submissions must be original pieces of work. Five winners will be selected to win an eStore exclusive Cupid's Shimmering Spring virtual item. Odds of winning are based on the number of entries received.

The contest opens at 12:00 a.m. EST on February 7/09 and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on February 8/09. For details on how to enter the contest and the official contest rules, click here .
Contest Closing: Feb 08, 2009 at 11:59pm

UPDATE NUMBER TWO:

A half-rhyme happens when two words share the same final consonant sound but not the sound of the vowel.

So "all" and "soul" are half rhymes.

More on this here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half_rhyme

A visual rhyme are when two words look like they should rhyme because of spelling, but don't actually rhyme.

Examples: "laughter" and "slaughter" or "love" and "prove"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_rhyme

Hey... These contests are an education!

UPDATE NUMBER THREE: READING THE FINE PRINT by sno4270

Here are some things I noticed ... I put the # that you can refer to for reading Ganz's actual words w/ my simplifed explanation of that paragraph.

3. Poem must be no more than 200 characters in length

4. 5 prizes

7. Only 1 entry (some previous contests allowed more than 1)

12. Prizes must be activated by the winner within 60 days of the award or they will be forfeited. This means if you snooze, you lose (your ability to enter the code).

13. Ganz can replace the prizes w/ a prize of equal or greater value. This means if they decide to award a different prize, they can change it at any point before, during, or after the contest. So if you win, and it turns out to be the V-day Piano instead, oh wells !

---------- sno4270 added 13 Minutes and 35 Seconds later ----------

Maybe this was there before + I missed it, but on the Webkinz Newz page next to the big picture of the prize there is a smaller animated one going. So we can see how it works !!

Click the image to open in full size.

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

According to Webkinz Newz:

Next Contest
Contest Opening: Feb 07, 2009 at 12:00am
The next contest will be announced on February 4th.
Contest Closing: Feb 08, 2009 at 11:59pm

So we have ANOTHER contest this coming weekend. Whoa.

What do you think it will be? Yes, we will all find out in two days, but let's put forth our guesses.

SPECULATIONS

There is (as far as I know) no new eStore pet rumored to be released soon... So I am wondering if this will be a contest like the charity one, where everyone who enters gets a prize available nowhere else in Webkinz World. Or it could be another contest based on a favorite Webkinz character (like the Quizzy's top ten questions) where you get a prize pack full of items that are based on that character.

I would love to see a "Wish Factory Contest" where we could dream up new exclusives for Webkinz World and get an "Amanda Panda Pack!"

Or... Maybe we will actually get a trophy contest this time.

???

What do you think the prize will be? And what do you think the contest will be?

HISTORY

So far, we've alternated pretty consistently between writing and design contests. Looking at the Ganz Contest Trophies listed in the WI GEV, it looks like the only other type of contest that Ganz has run has been for Webkinz Studio Creations, since Crafty Critters goes through a different selection process.

I don't think that Webkinz Studio is likely... The dictionary that Ganz added to the Studio is so restrictive that none of the Winners movies that currently play in Webkinz World would be able to be made today.

So that brings us back to writing and design. We just did design, so that leaves writing. Maybe we'll have a haiku contest. Or a love poem contest, doing a sonnet for our favorite Webkinz!

What do you think the new contest will be? The floor is open!

Hmm
how do you enter a ( or this poem ) contest ?

---------- aaabchjk added 5 Minutes and 29 Seconds later ----------

roses, oh ,roses
why can't you come out when the sun rises?
(half rhyme)

---------- aaabchjk added 6 Minutes and 58 Seconds later ----------

spring is when roses come out
and it starts to sprout.

---------- aaabchjk added 0 Minutes and 50 Seconds later ----------

when the word is out
the roses will sprout.

Last edited by aaabchjk; 02-08-2009 at 04:50 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
aaabchjk is offline Female
Old 02-08-2009, 07:35 PM   #65
Fuzzy is a
Webkinz :)

fuzzy306 is a glorious beacon of lightfuzzy306 is a glorious beacon of lightfuzzy306 is a glorious beacon of light

You are true about the part that these contests can be educational. I never know that much about rhyming except that they have to sound alike
fuzzy306 is offline Female
Old 02-09-2009, 08:09 AM   #66
Gifted

honeyluv55 is a forum hero
honeyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum hero

Light pink roses are a'bloom
sending out a sweet perfume
honeyluv55 is offline Female
Old 02-09-2009, 11:03 AM   #67
loves
Webkinz :)

July wows us all with wonderJuly wows us all with wonderJuly wows us all with wonderJuly wows us all with wonderJuly wows us all with wonderJuly wows us all with wonderJuly wows us all with wonderJuly wows us all with wonderJuly wows us all with wonderJuly wows us all with wonder

Donation Award 

Here's the one I entered:

In the garden, glamorous roses
strike sophisticated poses.

Here's one I did NOT enter:

A lovely rose scent, no matter how sweet,
Cannot cover up your stinky feet!
July is offline Female
Old 02-09-2009, 03:26 PM   #68
hee it's my Birthday
Gift Guru

sno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledge

This is what I entered. I'm not sure it's winning material, but it makes me giggle

"Atomicolicious !" Goober yells aloud with much glee,
"I just received a bouquet of roses, some webkinz loves me!"

I wish I had put "yelled" instead of "yells", but too late now !

---------- sno4270 added 3 Minutes and 30 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by Irene
did anyone have their couplet be Webkinz related?

I'm just curious because I'm not sure if they would rather a Webkinz-y one, lol, or one related more to real life.
I made mine Webkinz related cause when I was JUST trying to make it about roses, I was getting nowhere fast.

So, I thought of Webbie characters I could write about, + I always liked Goober's sayings

Last edited by sno4270; 02-09-2009 at 03:27 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
sno4270 is offline Female
Old 02-09-2009, 03:34 PM   #69
Hmm
Eliphalet
Gift Guru

Hmm is an unparalleled talent
Hmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talent

It looks like a bunch of people are sharing their entries here:

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...ntries-467485/

I love yours, Sno!

Hmm
Hmm is offline Female
Old 02-09-2009, 03:45 PM   #70
hee it's my Birthday
Gift Guru

sno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by Hmm
It looks like a bunch of people are sharing their entries here:

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...ntries-467485/

I love yours, Sno!

Hmm
Thanks Hmm
sno4270 is offline Female
Closed