Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2009, 06:47 PM   #41
Rainribbon
Gifted

Rainribbon has a spectacular aura aboutRainribbon has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: UPDATE: Its a poetry contest! Half-Rhymes and Visual Rhymes Explained! (Was: Okay... It's betting time. What do you think the next Ganz Contest will be?)

View Post Originally Posted by sno4270
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER INFO (yes, I always read the small print)

Here are some things I noticed ... I put the # that you can refer to for reading Ganz's actual words w/ my simplifed explanation of that paragraph.

3. Poem must be no more than 200 characters in length

4. 5 prizes

7. Only 1 entry (some previous contests allowed more than 1)

12. Prizes must be activated by the winner within 60 days of the award or they will be forfeited. This means if you snooze, you lose (your ability to enter the code).

13. Ganz can replace the prizes w/ a prize of equal or greater value. This means if they decide to award a different prize, they can change it at any point before, during, or after the contest. So if you win, and it turns out to be the V-day Piano instead, oh wells !

---------- sno4270 added 13 Minutes and 35 Seconds later ----------

Maybe this was there before + I missed it, but on the Webkinz Newz page next to the big picture of the prize there is a smaller animated one going. So we can see how it works !!

Click the image to open in full size.
All of this information was in the previous contests as well (with different character lengths for the various written ones), but some people entered more than once despite the rules.

I don't know that I'll bother to enter this time, even though I love writing poetry. A single rhyming couplet is no fun.
Rainribbon is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2009, 07:40 PM   #42
hee it's my Birthday
Gift Guru

sno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: UPDATE: Its a poetry contest! Half-Rhymes and Visual Rhymes Explained! (Was: Okay... It's betting time. What do you think the next Ganz Contest will be?)

View Post Originally Posted by Rainribbon
All of this information was in the previous contests as well (with different character lengths for the various written ones), but some people entered more than once despite the rules.

I don't know that I'll bother to enter this time, even though I love writing poetry. A single rhyming couplet is no fun.
Well there was one contest that allowed you to enter 10 entries

I figure it's two lines, what the hay, I'll enter !
sno4270 is offline Female
Old 02-04-2009, 07:43 PM   #43
Rainribbon
Gifted

Rainribbon has a spectacular aura aboutRainribbon has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: It's a poetry contest! Half-Rhymes and Visual Rhymes Explained! Fine Print of contest rules discussed! (Was: Okay... It's betting time. What do you think the next Ganz Contest will be?)

Ganz's contests really stink
They're stingy on prizes, I think
Rainribbon is offline Female
Old 02-04-2009, 07:47 PM   #44
hee it's my Birthday
Gift Guru

sno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: It's a poetry contest! Half-Rhymes and Visual Rhymes Explained! Fine Print of contest rules discussed! (Was: Okay... It's betting time. What do you think the next Ganz Contest will be?)

Ya, now if they gave a Love Puppy away ...
sno4270 is offline Female
Old 02-04-2009, 10:58 PM   #45
loves
Webkinz :)

July wows us all with wonderJuly wows us all with wonderJuly wows us all with wonderJuly wows us all with wonderJuly wows us all with wonderJuly wows us all with wonderJuly wows us all with wonderJuly wows us all with wonderJuly wows us all with wonderJuly wows us all with wonder

Donation Award 

Haha! Very nice!

It only feeds my Webkinz addiction
When they keep having contests like this'n.

Grammar? What, "this'n" is proper grammar... Hey, I'm from the South, give me a break!
July is offline Female
Old 02-05-2009, 05:32 AM   #46
charmingly
Gift Guru

mootooyou is the cats pajamas!mootooyou is the cats pajamas!mootooyou is the cats pajamas!mootooyou is the cats pajamas!mootooyou is the cats pajamas!mootooyou is the cats pajamas!

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by GymnasticsGirl
Hello, may I enter? I love poetry!

---------- GymnasticsGirl added 2 Minutes and 48 Seconds later ----------

Oh, I just thought this was a WI contest, not a WW contest because it was in this thread, I'm sorry! I wouldn't be able to enter though, I'm not a resident of USA or Canada...
Hmm's point exactly... being under this sub forum or whatever makes it look like it is a WI contest... just an observation...
mootooyou is offline Female
Old 02-05-2009, 10:00 AM   #47
Hmm
Eliphalet
Gift Guru

Hmm is an unparalleled talent
Hmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talent

View Post Originally Posted by mootooyou
Hmm's point exactly... being under this sub forum or whatever makes it look like it is a WI contest... just an observation...
I agree. So I updated the title.

Everyone, I love your silly couplets about Ganz's contests. Very funny!

Hmm
Hmm is offline Female
Old 02-05-2009, 06:14 PM   #48
DuckKin is my userna
Gift Trainee

katykinz has a spectacular aura aboutkatykinz has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Ganz poetry contest for the Cupid Shimmering Spring! Half-Rhymes and Visual Rhymes Explained! Fine Print of contest rules discussed! (Was: Okay... It's betting time. What do you think the next Ganz Contest will be?)

Instead of the Kinzville news-- sorry, WEBKINZ NEWZ --
why don't they use the contest page in the Newzpaper??????
katykinz is offline Female
Old 02-06-2009, 07:49 AM   #49
Hmm
Eliphalet
Gift Guru

Hmm is an unparalleled talent
Hmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talent

Default Re: Ganz poetry contest for the Cupid Shimmering Spring! Half-Rhymes and Visual Rhymes Explained! Fine Print of contest rules discussed! (Was: Okay... It's betting time. What do you think the next Ganz Contest will be?)

View Post Originally Posted by katykinz
Instead of the Kinzville news-- sorry, WEBKINZ NEWZ --
why don't they use the contest page in the Newzpaper??????
Because they are competing with WI, and they want to give us some reason to visit the Webkinz Newz site.

If it were not for the contests, I'm afraid I would not visit there very often. While I love their sneak peaks and high resolution pictures, there is not enough content for me to visit often without the contests.

Hmm
Hmm is offline Female
Old 02-06-2009, 09:26 AM   #50
pup5115
Gift Guru

pup5115 is a WI addict!
pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!

Donation Award 

Valentines Day is coming soon,
so send some gifts and blow-up balloons.
have a party bake some cake,
it is so much fun to make.
invite all your friends to share the fun,
valentines day has just begun.
pup5115 is offline Male
Closed