Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2009, 02:17 PM   #31
Hmm
Eliphalet
Gift Guru

Hmm is an unparalleled talent
Hmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talent

Default Re: UPDATE: Its a poetry contest! Half-Rhymes and Visual Rhymes Explained! (Was: Okay... It's betting time. What do you think the next Ganz Contest will be?)

View Post Originally Posted by MissGnomie
Thank you so much for explaining this, Hmm! Would it be okay if I linked your thread on the quick reference? I think it will provide a ton of help.
Yes, go ahead.

Hmm

---------- Hmm added 3 Minutes and 13 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by sno4270
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER INFO (yes, I always read the small print)

Here are some things I noticed ... I put the # that you can refer to for reading Ganz's actual words w/ my simplifed explanation of that paragraph.

3. Poem must be no more than 200 characters in length

4. 5 prizes

7. Only 1 entry (some previous contests allowed more than 1)

12. Prizes must be activated by the winner within 60 days of the award or they will be forfeited. This means if you snooze, you lose (your ability to enter the code).

13. Ganz can replace the prizes w/ a prize of equal or greater value. This means if they decide to award a different prize, they can change it at any point before, during, or after the contest. So if you win, and it turns out to be the V-day Piano instead, oh wells !

---------- sno4270 added 13 Minutes and 35 Seconds later ----------

Maybe this was there before + I missed it, but on the Webkinz Newz page next to the big picture of the prize there is a smaller animated one going. So we can see how it works !!

Click the image to open in full size.
Excellent. I'll move this to the top!

Hmm

---------- Hmm added 4 Minutes and 43 Seconds later ----------

Oh and thanks for the picture too. That fountain is gorgeous!

Hmm

Last edited by Hmm; 02-04-2009 at 02:17 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Hmm is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2009, 02:18 PM   #32
hee it's my Birthday
Gift Guru

sno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: UPDATE: Its a poetry contest! Half-Rhymes and Visual Rhymes Explained! (Was: Okay... It's betting time. What do you think the next Ganz Contest will be?)

View Post Originally Posted by Hmm
Excellent. I'll move this to the top!

Hmm
Oh coolies, thanks !!

And in an answer to your previous query, I plan on entering. Shouldn't be too hard to come up with a 2-line rhyming prose.

---------- sno4270 added 0 Minutes and 51 Seconds later ----------

Oh and thanks for the picture too. That fountain is gorgeous!

Hmm
Ya, when I saw the big pic, I was "meh" about buying one. But seeing how it's animated, all I can say is, hide my credit card !!

Last edited by sno4270; 02-04-2009 at 02:18 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
sno4270 is offline Female
Old 02-04-2009, 02:22 PM   #33
Hmm
Eliphalet
Gift Guru

Hmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talent

Default Re: It's a poetry contest! Half-Rhymes and Visual Rhymes Explained! Fine Print of contest rules discussed! (Was: Okay... It's betting time. What do you think the next Ganz Contest will be?)

So... Why has this thread been moved to WI contests and tournaments? It's not about a WI contest. It's about a contest that Ganz is running, and therefore I would think it would be general interest.

???

Hmm
Hmm is offline Female
Old 02-04-2009, 02:27 PM   #34
hee it's my Birthday
Gift Guru

sno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: It's a poetry contest! Half-Rhymes and Visual Rhymes Explained! Fine Print of contest rules discussed! (Was: Okay... It's betting time. What do you think the next Ganz Contest will be?)

So... Why has this thread been moved to WI contests and tournaments? It's not about a WI contest. It's about a contest that Ganz is running, and therefore I would think it would be general interest.

???

Hmm
Oh, I only saw it when it was here.

WI Contests + Tournaments, the main area (not the subforums) is for staff hosted WI Contests + discussion of WW/Ganz Contests. So that's why it's here
Old 02-04-2009, 02:33 PM   #35
Hmm
Eliphalet
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by sno4270
Oh, I only saw it when it was here.

WI Contests + Tournaments, the main area (not the subforums) is for staff hosted WI Contests + discussion of WW/Ganz Contests. So that's why it's here
Okay that makes sense, then!

Hmm
Hmm is offline Female
Old 02-04-2009, 05:31 PM   #36
So happy to be a
Gift Guru

starlit1211 has a spectacular aura about

View Post Originally Posted by July
I love it! I think we could have more fun with this on our own!

An Ode to the Unlikeliness of Me Winning a Webkinz Newz Contest

My stories? Too long.
My design skillz? Not strong.
hahahahahahahahaha! Nice!

Sno - thanks for the "small print" info! I made sure to count the characters AND spaces in the poem I plan on entering (just in case).
starlit1211 is offline Female
Old 02-04-2009, 05:37 PM   #37
hee it's my Birthday
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by starlit1211
hahahahahahahahaha! Nice!

Sno - thanks for the "small print" info! I made sure to count the characters AND spaces in the poem I plan on entering (just in case).
You're welcome. I'm sure most people won't go past 100 even, but just in case
Old 02-04-2009, 05:46 PM   #38
Gifted

GymnasticsGirl has disabled reputation

Hello, may I enter? I love poetry!

---------- GymnasticsGirl added 2 Minutes and 48 Seconds later ----------

Oh, I just thought this was a WI contest, not a WW contest because it was in this thread, I'm sorry! I wouldn't be able to enter though, I'm not a resident of USA or Canada...

Last edited by GymnasticsGirl; 02-04-2009 at 05:46 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
GymnasticsGirl is offline Female
Old 02-04-2009, 05:48 PM   #39
Dalmatians are
Gifted

Luvcocoaxo3 has a spectacular aura aboutLuvcocoaxo3 has a spectacular aura about

Thank you so much for explaining half-rhymes and visual rhymes to all of us! I didn't know what they were, and was curious (: Heheh, I dare someone to use "laughter" and "slaughter" in the same poem... xD
Luvcocoaxo3 is offline Female
Old 02-04-2009, 06:26 PM   #40
loves
Webkinz :)

July wows us all with wonderJuly wows us all with wonderJuly wows us all with wonderJuly wows us all with wonderJuly wows us all with wonderJuly wows us all with wonderJuly wows us all with wonderJuly wows us all with wonderJuly wows us all with wonderJuly wows us all with wonder

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Luvcocoaxo3
Thank you so much for explaining half-rhymes and visual rhymes to all of us! I didn't know what they were, and was curious (: Heheh, I dare someone to use "laughter" and "slaughter" in the same poem... xD

Webkinz bring us fun and laughter,
But may cause some spouses to think of slaughter.

July is offline Female
Closed