Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2011, 01:27 AM   #1
Webkinz :)

majorchaos is a name known to allmajorchaos is a name known to allmajorchaos is a name known to all

Default Ganz getting sneaky with Webkinz Newz Floaties

To nite my kid clicked on a floaty in webkinz newz and a new tab opened on a Bank add.
How low can ganz get when they have to fool the kids with a fake floaty.
This as a parent just shows me how sleazy Ganz is with their adds.

Shame on ganz!!!!!
majorchaos is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2011, 04:12 AM   #2
SUNFEATHERCLAN

violinbeauty is the epitome of excellenceviolinbeauty is the epitome of excellence
violinbeauty is the epitome of excellenceviolinbeauty is the epitome of excellenceviolinbeauty is the epitome of excellenceviolinbeauty is the epitome of excellenceviolinbeauty is the epitome of excellenceviolinbeauty is the epitome of excellenceviolinbeauty is the epitome of excellenceviolinbeauty is the epitome of excellenceviolinbeauty is the epitome of excellenceviolinbeauty is the epitome of excellence

Default Re: Ganz getting sneaky with Webkinz Newz Floaties

tsk, tsk. I'm sorry your child clicked on the fakey clicky what did it look like?
violinbeauty is offline Female
Old 11-12-2011, 08:53 AM   #3

nicki12 has a reputation beyond reputenicki12 has a reputation beyond reputenicki12 has a reputation beyond reputenicki12 has a reputation beyond reputenicki12 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I think the adds are getting out of control. Especially where children are concerned.

Tone it down Ganz. It's simply too much.
nicki12 is offline Female
Old 11-12-2011, 11:52 AM   #4
<333

bluedogfrog swims in greatness
bluedogfrog swims in greatnessbluedogfrog swims in greatnessbluedogfrog swims in greatnessbluedogfrog swims in greatnessbluedogfrog swims in greatness

Oh wow that's horrible The adds are going a bit overboard...
bluedogfrog is offline Female
Old 11-12-2011, 12:28 PM   #5
I AM CANADIAN!
Gift Guru

FroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talent

The ads are ridiculous, perhaps install AdBlock...it works easily and solves this problem...puts the user in control of what comes up.

I'm wondering if your child kind of 'missed' the floating icon and clicked on the ad that was under the floating icon? I know that has happened to me. The floaters are designed to specifically go to the contest page they are linked to, so I'm thinking that your child just missed the floaty...but do look into an AdBlock program...they are free and work fantastic!!!
FroggyDoodle is offline Female
Old 11-12-2011, 04:03 PM   #6

strawgumdrop1 is a WIzard
strawgumdrop1 is a WIzardstrawgumdrop1 is a WIzardstrawgumdrop1 is a WIzardstrawgumdrop1 is a WIzardstrawgumdrop1 is a WIzardstrawgumdrop1 is a WIzardstrawgumdrop1 is a WIzardstrawgumdrop1 is a WIzardstrawgumdrop1 is a WIzardstrawgumdrop1 is a WIzardstrawgumdrop1 is a WIzardstrawgumdrop1 is a WIzardstrawgumdrop1 is a WIzardstrawgumdrop1 is a WIzard

Donation Award 

I agree, the ads are ridiculous and annoying.
strawgumdrop1 is offline Female
Old 11-12-2011, 04:08 PM   #7

Dolphinheart is a creator of wonder
Dolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonder

View Post Originally Posted by strawgumdrop1
I agree, the ads are ridiculous and annoying.
Yes they are! That was not nice.
Dolphinheart is offline Female
Old 11-12-2011, 05:09 PM   #8

majorchaos is a name known to allmajorchaos is a name known to allmajorchaos is a name known to all

Hi
We have Add Block,and is was working. My kid said it was a dark grey floaty kinda like the penguin on WebKinz but a little different.With Add Block on she couldn't have clicked on a bank add cause they don't show up with Add Block enabled and there wasn't a floaty contest that nite.
I do the extra roll add on WebKinz Newz for her cause you have to temporarily disable Add Block and No Scripts to see the dice add.
It's sad what we have to go thru to avoid adds these days, especially on a kid's site.
majorchaos is offline Male
Old 11-13-2011, 01:41 AM   #9
obipony316

AjGirl1006 is an abundance of joyAjGirl1006 is an abundance of joyAjGirl1006 is an abundance of joy
AjGirl1006 is an abundance of joyAjGirl1006 is an abundance of joyAjGirl1006 is an abundance of joyAjGirl1006 is an abundance of joyAjGirl1006 is an abundance of joyAjGirl1006 is an abundance of joyAjGirl1006 is an abundance of joy

I agree, Ganz ads have gotten out of control.
The floaty things are things kids would click on. It's just sad.
I love Webkinz, but same with the Super Mario thing, my little sister clicked on it trying to click the "X" on the popup. It's ridiculous. The ads on the side banners I don't mind, but others are ridiculous.
AjGirl1006 is offline Female
Old 11-13-2011, 04:26 AM   #10
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru

bangkokyankee knows the way
bangkokyankee knows the waybangkokyankee knows the way

What super mario thing - I saw the log in is now super marion BUT didn't know you could click on anything

too bad abt the bank ad
Closed