Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2010, 02:12 PM   #11
Graphic Making
Gift Guru

tinkrulz has lots of talenttinkrulz has lots of talenttinkrulz has lots of talenttinkrulz has lots of talenttinkrulz has lots of talenttinkrulz has lots of talenttinkrulz has lots of talenttinkrulz has lots of talenttinkrulz has lots of talenttinkrulz has lots of talenttinkrulz has lots of talenttinkrulz has lots of talenttinkrulz has lots of talenttinkrulz has lots of talent

Default Re: Is this fair?????????????

View Post Originally Posted by HuskyLuv
I always vote, but I usually don't have time to play, especially since you can only play the game on Saturday and Sunday, when my family is usually busy. I don't find it a big deal.
Same here...
tinkrulz is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2010, 02:22 PM   #12
Supermanfan2
Webkinz :)

WebkinzFrenzy is a jewel in the roughWebkinzFrenzy is a jewel in the rough

The prize is communal, meaning a community has to work towards it. If no one votes for a prize, there is no prize. I think any amount that a person exerts towards the achievement of the goal should count, and so does Ganz. Voting for the prize is going out of your way and trying to select a prize for your community, is that really less effort than someone who plays one game on the arcade for 15 seconds?

Plus, all of those who try over and over on the games? They reap the extra reward of whatever Kinz Cash that game pays out. Is that fair? You were supposedly doing this just to help win the contest, but you end up with tens or hundreds of extra Kinz Cash dollars? If we want it fully fair, then everyone who enters the contest and then plays the game that week-end should get nothing for playing the game, period, except the communal prize. No trophies from games with trophies, no Kinz Cash, just the oak pool or whatever is selected that week.

Fair is a matter of perspective. But the contest is clearly defined, and even if we don't like the way it works, it is certainly not unfair.
WebkinzFrenzy is offline Female
Old 04-08-2010, 02:34 PM   #13
Diabetes Awareness

DragonsFly is a ray of sunshineDragonsFly is a ray of sunshine
DragonsFly is a ray of sunshineDragonsFly is a ray of sunshineDragonsFly is a ray of sunshineDragonsFly is a ray of sunshineDragonsFly is a ray of sunshineDragonsFly is a ray of sunshineDragonsFly is a ray of sunshineDragonsFly is a ray of sunshineDragonsFly is a ray of sunshine

WI Subscriber

This is the classic PBS problem. Here in the states (not sure about the rest of you) we have TV channels that do not run commercials and run lots of family friendly programming. These are Public Broadcast Channels and are reliant on public donation to keep the doors open and the broadcasts going. The problem is many people watch the channel but never donate. They rely on others to pick up their slack.

I think as summer comes and people get busier away from their computers the communal challenges are not going to be won every week. As more people find out that they do not technically need to participate to win the prize they will vote and sign up for the challenge. This will raise the goal for those who do participate and they will not be able (or willing) to continue compensating for those who are not contributing. Eventually a balance will happen.

I just hope it is not like what happened here where we lost one of our stations due to not enough people contributing...

PS no I do not think it is fair for people who have no intention of participating to sign up for the contest and collect the prize. I find I am less upset by people who sign up with every intention of participating then find they can't for one reason or another.
DragonsFly is offline Female
Old 04-08-2010, 03:42 PM   #14
hat happened to love

funny12321 is not just visiting!funny12321 is not just visiting!funny12321 is not just visiting!funny12321 is not just visiting!funny12321 is not just visiting!funny12321 is not just visiting!funny12321 is not just visiting!funny12321 is not just visiting!funny12321 is not just visiting!funny12321 is not just visiting!funny12321 is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by Kristl
if you don't play at least once you can't pick up the prize my mom forgot to play on one of her accounts and wasn't able to pick up the prize on that account...
not trying to be rude, but that is not right. sometimes I forget and i just pick up the prize and send it to a friend
funny12321 is offline Female
Old 04-08-2010, 04:21 PM   #15
horan's bed
Gift Guru

stormypanda is sweet stuff
stormypanda is sweet stuffstormypanda is sweet stuffstormypanda is sweet stuffstormypanda is sweet stuffstormypanda is sweet stuffstormypanda is sweet stuff

Yes. That is sort of unfair, it's like having others do all the work for you. My younger sister didn't play and she got a prize, but she's still really young so you can't blame her, LOL.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:52 PM   #16
e in DwarfWithdrawal

SoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guide

It still takes effort to vote, and that meets the prize criteria.

There are times people can play, and things they want to play, and I am sure everyone will face times

they can't play. But if they vote, they have extended effort.

It's like living in the states - not everyone who can vote, does, but all benefit from the constitution.

Depends on the rules.

Whether or not you like the situation, it is absolutely fair - it meets the rules.

Fairness is not determined by your feelings.

Last edited by SoccerSlave; 04-11-2010 at 02:27 AM..
SoccerSlave is offline Female
Old 04-10-2010, 05:04 PM   #17
dumbbird3

Rockstar45 has much to be proud ofRockstar45 has much to be proud ofRockstar45 has much to be proud ofRockstar45 has much to be proud ofRockstar45 has much to be proud of

I personally think it's not fair. I play the selected game over and over again and I got the prize once.

It's not fair.
Rockstar45 is offline Female
Old 04-10-2010, 07:08 PM   #18
Harry S is a bunny!

sarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Well, I guess it actually IS fair because if the game you have to play you can win a trophy off of then the people who slack won't win a trophy but if you played a lot then you are rewarded something extra and you could win a trophy so I guess it is fair.
sarocks7 is offline Female
Old 04-11-2010, 07:55 PM   #19
Funnystori852

boarderlander is sweet stuff
boarderlander is sweet stuffboarderlander is sweet stuffboarderlander is sweet stuffboarderlander is sweet stuffboarderlander is sweet stuffboarderlander is sweet stuff

Definitely fair. The rules define 2 ways to enter. No one wins unless it comes through in the end.
Players have an added bonus of all the kc.
boarderlander is offline Female
Closed