Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2009, 04:46 PM   #81
Diabetes Awareness
Webkinz :)

SnowPearl360 has a spectacular aura aboutSnowPearl360 has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Dog Days of Summer Contest #4: Creative Writing

A Summer Vacation in the Woods
Toby the lion sat up, yawned, stretched and rubbed his eyes lazily. Warm sunlight streamed in from the small window next to his top bunk. Toby was spending a week in a small cabin in the woods by a lake.
"Finally some peace and quiet," he thought. "I think I'll get up, pick some huckleberrys for my breakfast and then grab some sunscreen and my swimsuit, and take a refreshing dip in the lake."
He was outside filling his basket with plump, luscious berrys, when he heard some rustling in the bushes, followed by an "mmm, slurp, munch munch, slurp gulp, burp! And then, out of the bushes waddled a, well Toby wasn't exactly sure what! All he knew was that it had ears and a head like a rabbit, a snout and body like a pig, and feet like, a platypus?
"Wh-wh-who areyou?!" stammered Toby, quite suprised. "Or more like what are you?
"Slurp, gulp, I am an Aardvark." It snuffled. "My name is Aardicus, but you can call me Aardy for short."
"Oh. I'm Toby. and.... I'm a lion." Replied Toby.
"That's cool." Burped Aardy."Besides the deer and birds and such, you're the first one out to these woods. "Wanna have breakfast together?"
"Sure,"said Toby.
So they did. After breakfast Toby told Aardy that he was going to try out his new surfboard. Aardy just laughed and said,
"You think there's gonna be big waves don't you? This is just a small lake and it sure ain't got no boats on it."
"Oh well," said Toby. "It's fun to just float on it too. Let's get some sunscreen on and go SWIMMING!!!!!"
"Sunscreen? What's that?!" asked Aardy.
"Nevermind," sighed Toby.
And so, all day they played and swam, ate berrys and floated on the surfoard. Basked in the sun, hiked and climbed trees and Aardy even showed Toby a waterfall!!!! At the end of the day the sat by the campfire, roasted hotdogs, told stories, sang songs, ate s'mores (of course) and watched the starry sky.
"You know what Toby?" said Aardy, "This has been the BEST day of my life."
"It sure has Aardy. replied Toby. "And I'm sure the rest of this week will be awesome too."
And that is the end of this wonderful, summer story in the woods.
"Toby?"
"What?"
"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME YOU WERE STAYING A WHOLE WEEK!!!!! OHHHHH BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

THE END

Last edited by SnowPearl360; 07-21-2009 at 05:28 PM..
SnowPearl360 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2009, 04:59 PM   #82
agseago

agseago is a splendid one to beholdagseago is a splendid one to beholdagseago is a splendid one to beholdagseago is a splendid one to behold

Ally's Big Bash By agseago

There once was an aardvark named Ally. She was very active, silly, and had a great imagination! It was the first day of summer, and she did not know what to do. Then, she had a great idea! She was going to throw a BIG summer bash! She wrote an invitation that said this:

"Dear Friends,
I am having a big bash that is going to be a blast! We will have hot dogs, surfing, games, and plenty of other things. You will need to bring a surf board and a swim suite because you will get wet. Hope you can make it!
From, Ally Aardvark"

All her friends showed up: Chloe the Chihuahua, Karis the Kangaroo, Polly the Pug, and Rachel the Raccoon. They did have a blast! Chloe won the swimming race, Karis won the surfing competition, Polly whacked open the piniata, Rachel won the raffle for a Rascal’s Ratatouille, and Ally won the pie eating contest. They all had so much fun that they didn't want it to end! They were very sad to leave, but they all agreed that it was the best day of their lives.
"It was awesome! Summer is so cool!" They all said as they left to go home.

203 words!
Old 07-21-2009, 05:20 PM   #83

ale08 is on a distinguished road

Tink's Summer Celebration

One day Tink, a very hip and stylish Terrier, was walking on the beach. Wearing a big floppy hat, pink studded sunglasses, striped swimsuit, and of course gorgeous flip flops, she was looking for a souvenir shack where she could purchase some sunscreen. As she meandered along the beach she stopped upon occasion to admire a seashell or a perfectly polished piece of sea glass. Absorbed in her own thoughts as she was she did not notice the surfboard rack in front her. CRASH!!! Hearing the loud commotion Ardie Aardvark, proprietor of Aardvark's Surfboards, Sundries, and Hot Dog Hut, came running out of his hut. "Oh my", he exclaimed. "I am sooo sorry", said Tink, "I wasn't watching where I was going. I'd be glad to help clean up this mess. I truly am sorry". Ardie Aardvark just smiled at Tink. "No worries miss. Happens all the time. I should probably rethink where I put those surfboards anyway". Tink and Ardie put all the surfboards back on the rack and shook hands. " I am really sorry Ardie, I promise I'll be more careful in the future", Tink apologized once again. "Ah shucks Miss Tink, it really was my fault.", replied Ardie. " Well, I was wondering do you sell sunscreen at your fine hut?", asked Tink. " I most certainly do. Come on in and check out my Hut".

Once inside, Tink was amazed at all the different surfboards, sunscreens, hats, sunglasses, cameras, and various other assorted clothes and gifts. Off to one side, through an archway made of seashells, there was the most wonderful little hot dog bar. The bar had an old fashioned ice cream soda fountain with lots of different flavored drinks, including smoothies, soda, and juices. Tink looked all around her and noticed all customers looked very happy and satisfied. Turning to Ardie, Tink said, "Ardie you have a wonderful, wonderful place here. I am so glad that I crashed into your surfboard rack. I made a terrific new friend and found the best sunscreen ever. So you know what? Let's have a Summer Celebration party!!!". "Miss Tink that would be terrific but it will take days to plan.", replied Ardie. Tink looked over the quite large crowd of customers, "Listen up everyone!", she yelled. A hush came over the crowd. Everyone was watching and listening expectantly. " Everyone, please come and join my new friend Ardie Aardvark and myself for a hot dog and drink for an impromptu Summer Celebration! By the way, it's all on me!". A large cheer sounded throughout the crowd, "Hooray!, Hooray!, Hooray for Summer, and Hooray for Miss Tink!" The cheer was coming from none other than Ardie Aardvark, proprietor of Aardvark's Surfboards, Sundries, and Hot Dog Hut.
ale08 is offline Female
Old 07-21-2009, 05:45 PM   #84
KellanluvsmecuzI'm
Gifted

twilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guide

Slowly, the refreshing waves advanced to my legs. Appreciative of the sunscreen I had put on earlier, while the sun blared onto my body, I dove down into the depths.
The sea life was so beautiful down here, but being unsocial sometimes made me feel lonely. I spied a surf board on the water just before I was about to surface, and then gasped for air.
Using all of my practice, I snapped my legs up and down, for maximum speed. The butterfly stroke was tricky, but it’d have to do. As I swam, the beach and the rest of my friends were starting to come into greater focus. Once about ten yards were between me and the rest of the party, I pushed myself the hardest I could, exceeding my usual strength.
When I stepped out of the water, I started to shiver as my swimsuit clung to my body. The smell of grilling hot dogs and hamburgers hung like a curtain in the air. I dashed to the chair holding my belongings, snatched up my towel, and slung it over my shoulder. A few minutes passed, and I wasn’t shivering to the bone anymore.
Some of my friends were playing volleyball, and I ran over to join in the challenge. Setting the ball was the easy part… actually getting it above the net, and bumping it, a bit more challenging. The ball was headed my way… but its destination was quite a bit behind my location. There was no way I’d mess the game up for my teammates, so I slipped and slid, maneuvering around obstacles in my path. Now I had no time to waste, the ball was less than a foot from the hot sand. At the last second, I saved it, and bumped it over the net. Our unsuspecting opponents were not expecting us to make a come back. They had lowered their guard, and the ball hit down on their side, giving my team the winning point.
Almost instantaneously, I was hoisted off the ground by all of the winners. “Great job!” “OMG! You made a wonderful save!” “How did you do that!?!” People started to yell and cheer at me. I basked in the glory of winning… and not tripping… again. The barbeque was finished, and they transported me all the way to the table lit by tiki torches.
“Congrats on your big win!” my friend Jamie squealed to me ecstatically.
I threw her a proud smile, and responded by saying, “Thanks! I couldn’t have won without you though, or course! I play like an aardvark that just ate too many ants”
She turned away, and I knew she was blushing. Although she could be excited and boast a bit too much sometimes, when complimented, she could be sincere and modest. “No, it was all you. You always carry the team.”
“That’s not true, Jamie! Everyone helped us to victory! I guess I have to give the other team credit too. They were the ones who lowered their guard after all.
With that everyone gave a final cheer, and the scene was picture perfect. Friends, a luau, and a marvelous sunset… all making it all the more worth while.
twilightcrz is offline Female
Old 07-21-2009, 06:09 PM   #85
Call Me web or wr231

WebkinzRocks231 is a name known to allWebkinzRocks231 is a name known to allWebkinzRocks231 is a name known to all

My favorite season, winter. I love the cold snow and weather. That's why I got so mad when I had to go to the beach for a family reunion last summer. But everything changed later. Let me introduce myself. My name is Willow and I'm a Floppy Pig. That's right, I'm a webkinz. Now let me tell you my story.

Last summer my family went to a family reunion. It was at a beach in Jamaikinz. Everyone was having a great time but me. My mom put sunscreen all over me and didn't rub it in so I looked like a white Floppy Pig! All my cousins/friends abandoned me for Chuck the aardvark. He rides on a surfboard that looks like a hot-dog. Everybody thinks he's so cool! It gets me so annoyed! Since no one was playing with me I just decided to go in the water in my yellow polka-dot swimsuit.

I was now tanning under the HOT burning sun! I was bored out of my mind.
"Ugh!" I groaned.
"What's wrong sweetie?" my mom asked noticing me.
"I'm so bored and no one will play with me!" I said kind of sad thinking about it.
"I'll play with you!" said my little cousin Wilbur.
"But all you like to do is throw sand!" I pointed out rudely.
"Never mind," I groaned.

(15 minutes later)
I was now eating a hot-dog at the Snack Shack.
"HELP! HELP!" I heard someone yell. At first I ignored them. The life-guard will save them, I thought.
"Chuck is drowning!" Another voiced yelled. This time I got worried. I dropped my hot-dog and ran over to the ocean.
"Who's going to save him?!" webkinz yelled. I looked around for the life-guard but he wasn't there right then I noticed a sign on his chair saying 'Out to Lunch'.
"Help!" Chuck yelled. Should I save him? I don't even like him! But he's drowning!, I thought. I jumped into the water and swam out to him. I saw his hooves sticking out of the water and swam to them. When I got there I pulled him onto his surfboard (it was next to him). Chuck coughed a lot while we floated (on the surfboard) back to the shore.
"Thank you!" he said. Chuck stared at me strangely.
"You’re welcome," I said. I felt like a hero!
"Are you a ghost?" Chuck asked.
"No," I laughed. "It's sun-screen you silly aardvark," I said.

Nothing much happened after that. Except for all the webkinz congratulating me and asking me questions (and Chuck). I never felt better in my entire life. That's my story. I hoped you liked reading it.
WebkinzRocks231 is offline Female
Old 07-21-2009, 07:20 PM   #86
i'm a team Edward

Grace98 is a name known to allGrace98 is a name known to allGrace98 is a name known to all

A Day at the Beach
It was a beautiful summer day and Arthur the aardvark was at the beach, putting on sunscreen.
“It’s a beautiful day to be at the beach,” Arthur said happily. He laid down on his beach towel and put on his sunglasses. After a while, Arthur decided to swim in the ocean. He took off his sunglasses and rushed into the water, his swimsuit getting soaked.
“The water feels great!” Arthur exclaimed. Arthur splashed the water again and again until he saw his friend Justin the porcupine.
“Hello! Nice day, isn’t it?” Justin said to Arthur.
“Yes, it is!” Arthur replied. “The water feels great, want to get in?”
“Sure, I’ll go get my water raft,” Justin said. When Justin came back, he had his water raft and was running into the water. He Jumped in with a splash, landing on his water raft. The two friends laughed, splashed, and played with the water raft until Justin popped the water raft with his quills.
“Grumble, grumble,” Author’s stomach growled. Arthur glanced at the hot dog stand. “Do you want to go get a hot dog?” Arthur asked. Justin nodded. The two got out of the water and walked to the hot dog stand. Arthur and Justin gobbled the hot dogs down then lay on beach towels in the sun.
“Ouch!” Justin shouted.
“What’s wrong?” Arthur asked.
“That crab’s claw pinched my toe!” Justin said, pointing to a red crab. Justin’s toe was red and swollen. Arthur ran over to Bob the rhino lifeguard and asked for an ice pack. Arthur placed the icepack on Justin’s toe and Justin’s toe was better in no time. Arthur and Justin decided to go and surf. They both rented surfboards from the surfboard shop and ran to the water. The two friends surfed and surfed, riding big and small waves. Soon the sun was setting and the two friends headed back to shore. They returned the surfboards and said their goodbyes. It had truly been a beautiful and wonderful day at the beach.

343 words

sorry that i posted it on the other thread too. you can delete the other one
Grace98 is offline Female
Old 07-21-2009, 07:59 PM   #87
Emeraldtyler is an unknown quantity at this point

So today was a wonderful day in Webkinz World. First my family and I bought plane tickets and went to the Tropical Island where we explored a wrecked ship. We found a super RARE surfboard!!! Then we flew back and drove our Hot Air Balloon to Arte's Curio Shop where he told us it was worth 6000 kinzcash. We sold it to him and bought to tickets to the local family spa! We layed out our blankets and sat in the sun. But we forgot to put on Sunscreen, so we got terribly burned. So after that we went to Dr. Quacks and bought some lotion for the burns. We then stopped by the W Shop to pick up some hotdogs to have for dinner. After dinner we put on our swim suits and jumped into our Wading Pool. As we were swimming, we heard and undiscovered Webkinz Aardvark flying above. We ran, since we were mice, and hid underneath our Cheese Table. Today was a terribly scary and fun day!!! WOW!! What a day.
Emeraldtyler is offline Male
Old 07-21-2009, 08:12 PM   #88
ʎʞɔɐʍ ɐp sı ɯoɯɹǝʞɔo
Gift Guru

rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero
rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero

WI Subscriber

Breaking News!

Surfing Competition to be held at Aardvark Island.
See Page 6.

I fumbled through the kinzville gazette. A surfing competition! Hot Dog! That is for me!
For you see, my name is Simon, and I am a Webinz Octopus. I live on the Webkinz beaches and Aardvark Island is one of my favorite places to go and swim! It is named Aardvark Island because it has a long nose like part that sticks out and it is a slide! Many of the Webkinz play here.

So on the day of the competition I grab my surfboard and my sunscreen. It is going to be a hot summer day here in Kinzville! I put on my swimsuit, which is not easy with eight arms and legs, but nothing will distract me today!!

The contest begins and we race into the waters surrounding the island. A wave comes up and away we go! I catch the surf with Benji the Saint Bernard, and Olive the Fantail Fish. I look over and Jimmy the Squirrl has a fantastic wave as he zips by me, I grip my surfboard with my eight legs and dig in harder.

The wave is cresting now and I see Jamie the Black Cat right on my side and Zippy the Turtle is closing in fast when our wave crashes and we tumble over and over again. I Almost lost my swimsuit under the water! But I held on tight to my surfboard with my eight legs and before the wave was over I opened my eyes and I was surfing the wave again upright, where all of my friends had fallen off!

I used my arms to wave to all of the beach goers as I slid onto the sand. I was the winner! I won! I won!
Benji and Zippy came in behind me in second and third. It was the best competition ever!

Then after I put on some more sunscreen, me and all of my friends went down the huge slide at the top of Aardvark Island!

It was the best Summer Celebration Ever!

word count 351

Last edited by rockermom; 07-21-2009 at 08:23 PM..
rockermom is offline Female
Old 07-21-2009, 11:30 PM   #89
Lil Kinz
C-rex is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow!My summer was the best summer ever!Ok here it goes!We first went to a vacation at the beach!My mom made me put sunscreen on and boy was I happy I did!My dad decided not to and got a sun burn everywhere!Then I grabbed my surf board and swim suit and went surfing!We had a awesome time!Then we decided we'd go to the mall!We bought alot of stuff!Then we went to the super market and bought hot dogs and hamburgers to cook on the grill!After dinner we went to bed for the night!When we woke up we went to the zoo!I learned what a aardvark is!We spent the whole day at the zoo then we came home and too a long nap!We got up at 5 AM and went home.That was the best week end vacation I've ever had!
Old 07-22-2009, 09:50 AM   #90
If You Want It, Ask
Gifted

cac953 is a jewel in the roughcac953 is a jewel in the rough

So far this year, Irene’s summer had been cold and rainy. It was like no other summer she’d experienced before in her 8 years on this Earth. She found herself wearing sweaters and jeans, and the skies were always covered with low, gray clouds. There was nothing to do, now that school was out. What could she do with the extra six hours she had every day if she was limited to the inside of her house? The days seemed to go by too slow, a speed she never dreamed time could go by in the carefree days of summer.

One day, Irene got sick of just sitting around watching stupid documentaries on pointless things. What use was all of this knowledge on Jupiter, pillows, tomato sauce, aardvarks, and sunflower seeds? Irene decided it was time that she stopped wasting her summer away. She was sure there were ways other than going outside to stay occupied in the summertime.

Finally she hopped out of bed, and ran for the phone. An idea had entered her, and it was time for her to take action. Quickly dialing her best friend Ava’s number, she crossed her fingers and hoped that she wasn’t busy for the day. The phone rang and Irene was hopping up and down with impatience. Irene’s heart leapt when someone picked up.

“Hello?” questioned the voice on the other end of the line.

“Hello Mrs. Nicholson! Is Ava there?” asked Irene anxiously.

“Oh, hello Irene. Yes she is, hold on a moment please while I get her.” Ava’s mother replied pleasantly. Irene waited a few seconds, more patient this time. A new voice was now talking, a familiar and friendly voice to Irene’s ears.

“Hi Irene! What’s up?”

“Hey! Oh, I was calling you to ask if you wanted to come over, I needed something to do and I’ve got an idea.” Irene said very quickly out of her excitement. Ava understood anyway, she was used to it.

“I needed something to do too! I’ll be over in a few minutes. Okay?”

“Alright then! Don’t forget your swimsuit!” Irene giggled.

“Uh, okay . . . what for, may I ask?” Ava asked with suspicion.

“You’ll see!” Irene replied, and then hung up the phone.

Ava arrived at Irene’s house very soon after the phone conversation. Irene hugged her excitedly, and ran to her room. Ava followed her curiously; Irene was such a strange girl. When she entered the room, her jaw dropped. Irene’s room was decorated like a beach. Ava silently wondered where she got a surfboard.

“You like it? Here, let’s put on some sunscreen. Wouldn’t want to get burned from all of this sunshine, would you?” Irene giggled.

“Irene you’ve gone mad!” Ava laughed, “It’s alright, this is far better than that dumb documentary channel that’s on T.V.”

They put on their sunscreen, and played beach ball for a while. They laughed from how silly the whole scene was. At lunchtime, they both realized they had worked up quite the appetite. Irene instructed Ava to go to the hotdog stand and grab them something to eat. Ava was amused at Irene’s imagination. She walked out to her kitchen, where Irene’s mom was serving hot dogs.

The day went by so fast, with all of the fun they were having. The sun began to set and Ava’s mother arrived to pick her up. As she was leaving, she said, “Irene, I have to say you’re one wacky girl! Thanks, that was the best day at the beach I’ve ever experienced.” And smiled.

The next day it was sunny and warm outside for the first time all summer. Ava called Irene up that morning.

“Hello again Irene. My family and I are going to the REAL beach today; we wanted you to come along.” Ava said, giggling.

Irene laughed with her, and answered yes, wondering if it could compare to the fun they had created yesterday.

Words: 678
cac953 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
awesome storyyy peeps, good luck everybody, good stories great, great stories here!, ilikecheese!!, love the aardvarks!, robertpattinsonishot:), stories are cool, third tag!