Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2009, 06:56 PM   #101
Gift Guru
californiax24 is the cats pajamas!californiax24 is the cats pajamas!californiax24 is the cats pajamas!californiax24 is the cats pajamas!californiax24 is the cats pajamas!californiax24 is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: Dog Days of Summer Contest #4: Creative Writing

It’s A Shore Thing!

It was a bright summer morning, and Hadley was sitting on her friend’s bed, staring at the TV. They were saying their goodbyes, because Hadley was going down to the beach with her family for a whole week for her birthday.
“Have lots of fun, Hadley! Bring me a seashell!” Mackenzie said, giggling. But funny enough, Hadley didn’t think that going down the shore with her family for her birthday would be fun at all. Her friend tried to think of fun things for her to do down the shore. She started her shore sales-pitch moments later.
“Hadley, the shore is so fun! The boardwalk, the swimming, and the surfing- it is all so exciting!”
“I know, but you can cross surfing off the list. I cracked my last surfboard when I scraped it on the aardvark statue on the pier, remember?” Hadley replied. Her friend frowned as she tried to think of something else fun for Hadley to do.
“I know! Get a hot dog down at The Doggy Darling!” Mackenzie said excitedly, “Get a Daring Dog for me- I love that spicy sauce!” Hadley rolled her eyes.
“No, I always get so hot and tired by the sun on the beach that I never want to go there after a long day. I just want to go home and nap, “Hadley said, annoyed.
“Well put on extra sunscreen! Then you won’t get as hot!” Mackenzie said. She couldn’t figure out why Hadley wasn’t excited one bit for a long beach trip. “You got that new swimsuit too- you know that one that Selena Gomez was wearing in People magazine? It is super cute!” Mackenzie felt like a travel agent, like she was trying to force Hadley to go to a third world country instead of a beautiful beach for her birthday week. Hadley looked like she was going to cry.
“You really want to know why I don’t want to go down to the beach?” She snapped at her friend. Mackenzie nodded. “Because there is a Jonas Brothers concert this week and I really wanted to go! It’s down the shore but we couldn’t get tickets in time. So now I’m super bummed.” Hadley said, shaking her head sadly.
Mackenzie smiled and pulled an envelope out of her pocket.
“Happy Birthday, Hadley!” She screamed.
Hadley opened the envelope, confused. She pulled out two front-row tickets for her and her sister to go to the Jonas Brothers concert. She smiled bigger than she’d ever smiled before.
“Mackenzie, you’re the best! Thanks so much!” Hadley said. Her mom honked the car horn and Hadley hugged her friend, got in the car, and screamed goodbye. Ten minutes later, Mackenzie got a text message. It said:
Thanks for the tix, bff! The beach is gonna be awesome- it’s a SHORE thing

about 475 words
californiax24 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2009, 07:14 PM   #102
ChristianGirl is an unparalleled talent
ChristianGirl is an unparalleled talentChristianGirl is an unparalleled talentChristianGirl is an unparalleled talentChristianGirl is an unparalleled talentChristianGirl is an unparalleled talentChristianGirl is an unparalleled talentChristianGirl is an unparalleled talentChristianGirl is an unparalleled talentChristianGirl is an unparalleled talentChristianGirl is an unparalleled talent

A Creative, Funtastic Day!

It was a bright summer morning, and I wanted to go to the beach. So I put on my swimsuit, packed a picnic lunch, grabbed my surfboard, and rushed out the door.

Later at the beach, I saw an aardvark juggling while surfing. It was a hilarious sight!

I put on my sunscreen as I realized, "I think I'll go surfing". So I grabbed my surfboard, and went to find a big wave. I found one, and started surfing! It was awesome, until I fell of my board.

I went to go eat my picnic lunch. I started with a hotdog. Then I drank some grape juice, and ate a piece of strawberry cheesecake. It was delicious!

I found another aardvark, napping on his beach towel. It was weird how he was snoring. "ZZZZZ-gobble gobble gobble. ZZZZZ-gobble gobble gobble."

I went back to my beach towel to put on more sunscreen. Then I realized, my surfboard was gone! I went to find the thief.

I found him! It was a whale surfing on it! Grrrrr! Ehh, he can use it for now.

It turned out to be a creative, funtasticle day!

192. Is that good? I can add more.
ChristianGirl is offline Female
Old 07-22-2009, 08:05 PM   #103
Don't eat my
Webkinz :)
comet855 is just really nicecomet855 is just really nice

my summer celebration story is called, Fourth of July Fun
On the Fourth of July, Pooky, the dalmation, decided to go to the beach. She called her friends Sally, and Amber, and invited them to come with her. Then she packed her swimsuit, her sunscreen, her towl, and a picnic basket full of goodies and went to go pick up her friends. First she went to Sally's house. Sally was waiting outside with her stuff, and when Pooky got ther, she jumped into the car. "I'm so excited!" she said, "I grought everthing I needed, plus some hot dogs for when we get hungry." Good idea." said Pooky, " I brought hamburgers and chips and drinks." They then picked up Amber, and went off to the beach. A little while later, Amber said, "Shouldn't we be at the beach by now?" "You're right," said Pooky, "I must have made a wrong turn. Look! There's a restraunt. Maybe we can stop there and ask for directions." So they went into the restraunt and were met by a strange looking Webkinz. "Hi," said Pooky, "I'm Pooky the dalmation, and these are my friends,Sally and Amber. We're on our way to the beach, but we got lost. Could you give us directions?" " Hi, Pooky," said the webkinz, "I'm Larry the aardvark, and sure, I can give you directions to the beach. Can I come with you?" " Sure," said Pooky," The more the merrier." So Larry gave them directions, then went back to get his stuff. When he came back he had a surfboad along with the rest of his stuff. "Cool," said Sally,"You can surf? Can you teach me?" Larry agreed to teach them all how to surf, then, they were off to the beach. When they got there, Sally, Amber, and Pooky rented surfboards, and Larry taught them how to surf. On the way home at the end of the day, everybody agreed that this was the best Fourth of July ever, and from then on, every Fourth of July, they all went to the beach togethr.
comet855 is offline Female
Old 07-22-2009, 11:01 PM   #104
WolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fish
WolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fish

Wink Re: Dog Days of Summer Contest #4: Creative Writing

Anastasia, the webkinz pegasus, decided to throw a super pool party! She pulled her Kinzchat phone out and called ALL her friends! " They came finally!" said the eager Anastasia, waiting to put her brand new striped swimsuit on and hop in the clear, calm, water. Her friends were putting on sunscreen when Anastasia came out with a huge smile on her face, and a striped swimsuit. She put some sunscreen on, and zoomed over to the diving board. She did a back-flip and water went every where! Her friends got soaked, ears to tail. All her friends leaped in the pool and waves bounced up over the pool! Anastasia was going to do a cartwheel on the diving board. She did a cart wheel and landed on London the poodle! London's inflatable raft went over board when Anastasia landed on it. They all laughed at the sight of London trying to dog paddle her way back to the shallow part of the pool. When everyone went home, Anastasia hoped she could do another pool party one day. She dreamt of all her friends swimming in the pool and London, the poor poodle, dog paddling around the pool. The End!

Last edited by WolvesRGr8t; 07-22-2009 at 11:03 PM..
WolvesRGr8t is offline Male
Old 07-22-2009, 11:27 PM   #105
RHPmom will become famous soon enough

The River Hill Pack spent a fabulous sunny summer Saturday riding rides at the amusement park and splashing and playing at the water park. Everyone had remembered their swimsuits, sunscreen and surfboards, and though they were all tired out from the day of fun, they didn't want it to end. So after some discussion, they all decided to dress in their fanciest outfits and meet back up at their favorite Japonese restaurant, The Wasabi Grill.

As everyone arrived they split into 2 groups, Denali the Husky, Tundra the Samoyed and Flirt the hummingbird all settled in at the sushi bar and placed their orders, enjoying watching the sushi chefs assembling and rolling the fresh rice wrapped rolls. The Griffin king Royal, his Phoenix queen Flikkr, Merlin the Emporer dragon and Splish the goldfish all settled at the grill, excited to see their chef put on his show with the knives and spatulas. Splish was a bit nervous to be sitting with 2 fire creatures, though they were members of her family they sometimes had a tendency to start fires, completely accidentally of course. But though she adored the rice and vegetable dishes, being a fish, sushi was just a bit too much for her to be comfortable with, so she was sure that she would enjoy her grilled meal much more than a dinner at the sushi bar.

Suddenly everyone at the grill were amazed to suddenly see the rice and vegetables dumped onto the grill and the knives start flying in their intricate dance of culinary talent. They expected a fabulous show of course, but there was nobody there, the cutlery was seemingly performing the dance by itself! The magical creatures at the table looked at each other suspiciously....was someone playing a joke on them? But each had the same mystified expression on their face, who was operating the knives?
Suddenly a deep voice boomed "Welcome to the Wasabi Grill, and what would everyone like to order tonight?" The webbies all gazed at each other, wondering if they were suffering a mass halucination. Then the voice came again, not quite as deep and with a hint of a giggle, "Sorry, I just love doing that! I'm Chef Aard, the invisible aardvark, if you reach out your paws you can feel that I'm really here, just be careful, the grill is HOT!

Since Splish was closest to the invisible chef, she did indeed tentatively stick out a fin, and sure enough she could feel the aardvarks tough outer shell, even though she still couldn't see him. In deference to her being a fish, he first served them all an appetizer of vegetarian California rolls with hot wasabi horseradish, as he put on the show of a lifetime preparing their main dishes on the grill.

Suddenly, Merlin the dragon was overcome by a serious need to belch, brought on no doubt by the spicy wasabi, and he politely turned his head and started to cover his mouth when a tremendous belch escaped from him. Instantly the shoji screen that offered privacy to their table was disintegrated into ashes, and the woven tatami mats on the floor started to flame!

The RHP family and the chefs immediately exited to the spa next door, where Royal quickly took charge. He sent Denali, Tundra, and Merlin to go retrieve the water cans from the gardens, while he and Flikkr flew to the water park to get a hose. Meeting back at the spa in mere moments, they dipped one end of the hose into the ancient gazing pool, and with a mighty inhale Merlin started syphoning the water out of the pool and up into the hose. All of the pets joined in with hose and water pails and the fire was put out with minimal damage to the restaurant, although the draperies, floor mats and screens would need to be replaced and it would take everyone a lot of cleanup to restore their favorite grill.

After the fire was successfully extinguished the pets were all discussing the fire when they realized that their dinner had been interrupted and everyone was even hungrier than before! Wanting to stay outside for a while to cool off, and possibly take a dip in the pool, they decided to head to the backyard and just grill some burgers and hot dogs. Chef Aard volunteered to cook since his patrons never got to finish their meal, and even harvested the garden for some wonderful fresh tomatos and cabbage for a salad, grilled some pumpkin, carrots and corn for the vegetarians, and offered watermelon and fresh strawberries for desert for everyone. All the webbies were finally able to relax, enjoy their cookout, and pat each other on the back for the teamwork and calm that allowed them to quickly and safely save the restaurant, while they made plans to meet up the next day to help with the cleanup.
RHPmom is offline Female
Old 07-23-2009, 09:32 AM   #106
OohLaLaLaura is an unknown quantity at this point

Andy the aardvark was at home, packing his backpack full of the things he would need for a fun-filled day at the beach with his friends. He grabbed a towel, his beach ball, and his water shoes, and he ran down the street towards the beach. When he got there, his friends waved at him from the ocean.

“Come on in!” shouted Wally the whale, “The surf contest is about to start!”

“Oh no!” said Andy, “I forgot to bring my surfboard!” He hurriedly grabbed his backpack and sprinted back towards his house. He unlocked the door, ran upstairs, grabbed his surfboard, and ran back to the beach. He was about to step foot in the water when he noticed a red mark on his arm.

“I’ve already gotten a sunburn,” he thought, reaching in his backpack to apply sunscreen before it got any worse. To his surprise, he had forgotten to bring sunscreen as well. Andy zipped up his bag and ran back home again.

On his way back to the beach, Andy began to feel tired from running back and forth so much in one morning. He stopped by a street vendor to buy a hot dog and lemonade to replenish his energy before continuing his journey to the beach.

Finally, Andy made it back to the ocean.

“What took you so long?” asked Wally, “Come on in!”

“I can’t!” said Andy, slapping his forehead.

“Why not?” asked his friends.

“Because I’ve forgotten my swimsuit!”

- Laura
OohLaLaLaura is offline Female
Old 07-23-2009, 09:54 AM   #107
ould you?
Gift Guru
Amygirl8 has disabled reputation

I don't think my parents know about vacations as well as they think they do.
We were headed for New Zealand. As soon as I got there my mom slapped some sunscreen on my face and showed us the hotel we were staying at. I'm like, "This is the hotel?" it was a lousy 1 star hotel, called the Aardvark Hotel. I went inside, just as lousy. The only thing cool was the fact that they had a free hotdog for all visitors. The next day, my mom tells me to put on my swimsuit and grab my surf board. Just before we go, a little word on me and my board- I love to surf. The waves, the water, the board and me. I was actually feeling excited, but when we got there, it was totally empty. Mom told me to get some surfing and she slapped sunscreen on my face again.. I went surfing, and before I knew it, when I came back, the empty beach had turned into a palooza! There was a beachball here, a tiki cove there, there were surfers all around me. One of them, a chihuahua called Melanie, told me to get on her board. We surfed and surfed until we were called in. I found out that we were in a surfing competition and me and Melanie placed second in all of New Zealand. After the competition there was a giant summer celebration, and I was really sad when we had to leave, though I was quite happy to leave the Aardvark Hotel and all it's fleas! The end (this is not a true story)
Amygirl8 is offline Female
Old 07-23-2009, 12:30 PM   #108
katluvr23 has disabled reputation

Post Re: Dog Days of Summer Contest #4: Creative Writing

My Summer Vacation
By Miska Moo the Webkinz Timber wolf
This summer was the best summer ever! I have tons of new friends! Let me start at the beginning. My friend Manny the Manatee invited me to go to the beach to try out his new surfboard. I grabbed my swimsuit and sunscreen and hurried out the door. When we got to the beach, I spread out my towel and laid down. Manny offered me tanning lotion, but his is for underwater creatures, not me. Besides, it would not work with all my fur. I got too warm and jumped into the water to cool off. That water was freezing! It seeped through my fur and made me really cold. I splashed onto my towel and shook out, but I was still chilled. I preferred being warm than being that cold! Then, a Springer Spaniel appeared with three hot dogs for me. I quickly gulped them down while she introduced herself as Squirrel. Then she said, "Those hot dogs are filled with chili peppers to help you warm up." Then it hit me. It felt like a warm blanket was wrapped around me and dried me off. It was wonderful. Just then, Manny came running up to us. "I have big news! Miss Birdie told me she recently came upon a strange Webkinz. She said that it looked like a pig with big ears and a long tail. I think it’s an aardvark." He said. “That’s me, Apollo the aardvark." A voice said behind Manny. We all spun around and saw a strange Webkinz; the strangest any of us have ever seen. "I know I look strange, but all I want to do is make a friend. My parents move a lot to keep up with their jobs. I’ve never had time to make any friends. Kinzville looked like a good place to find friends, but everyone thinks I look funny. You probably think so too.” Apollo said, looking glum. “We can be your friends! It doesn’t matter what you look like, it’s about what’s inside that matters.” Squirrel exclaimed. “Yeah, some people think I look weird when it’s rainy and my fur puffs up.” I said. “Everyone looks different, but it’s what is inside that makes you, you! Looks are just a small part of what I like about my friends. Nini the domino cat is friendly, Squirrel is spunky and outgoing, and Manny is great at giving advice!” “Thanks for letting me be your friend! I like Kinzville more and more!” And that is how I met my new friends Squirrel and Apollo and what I liked most about my summer vacation.

444 words
katluvr23 is offline Female
Old 07-23-2009, 12:55 PM   #109

A good day for some Spying. - 692 words
“Dadadadadadadadadada BATKINZ!” Yelled Daisy the bunny as she hopped out from behind the Rice Paper Divider. Jeffery the turtle shook his head and then rolled on to the floor laughing. Then he stepped behind the divider and came out wearing a neon pink and green tie dye swimsuit and aardvark slippers. They took arms and went over the plan. “OK now that we are in our super spy costumes – let’s go find trouble!” They slinked through the house pressed against the wall and rolling across the floor. Suddenly they halted mid roll as they heard the low grumble and the high screech of trouble! They sprinted to the get close to the noise and then slinked into the room. They were in the beach room. This was where their sister Pumpkin stayed the day away. They rolled over to the couch and slipped underneath. “What is that horrible noise?” whispered Daisy. “It sounds like some one is in trouble!” They followed the horrible screeching noises into the guest room. There the sound was much louder. Before they moved closer they heard a door slam and footsteps. Both of them scurried to the nearest hiding place – under the bed. As they peeked out of the bottom of the bed – they saw hooves clop by and enter the other room. They stayed and waited until the clip clop sound was gone then shimmied out from under the covers. “That was close,” Jeffery whispered, relieved. Daisy shook her head in agreement and then rolled to the kitchen. As she stood up – she promptly slipped and fell over. “Ow!” she moaned and then looked around. There, lying where she had just stood was a hot dog. “I slipped on a hot dog?” Jeffery came in and snickered. “You!” she yelled and pounced on him. They both rolled around on the floor laughing and giggling until they heard the low moan and gurgle and the followed high screech. They both stopped abruptly. “I hear it!” Jeffery said. They both stepped through the kitchen doors and into the bright back yard. “Yuck!” Jeffery said lifting his foot up in the air. It was covered in white goo. “What is it?” Daisy asked. She gasped – “It must be from the monster that is making all those noises!” Jeffery got down on his hands and knees and then sniffed the goo. “It smells like bananas!” “Really?” She got down on her hands and knees and sniffed the goo. “Hmm…” then she took her finger and licked the goo. “ICK! It is sunscreen!” Jeffery snickered. They both stepped over the goo and ran to the next room – where they ran snack dab into a surfboard sticking out of the ground. “Ow!” they both moaned as they fell back. Then they heard the sound again. It was as close as ever. They shuffled under the couch and then slivered over to the bed. The bed was growling and moving up and down. Daisy fell back. “There it is!” she whispered in a scared cry. Jeffery got up and put both hands on his shell. “We are spies! We can do it!” Suddenly the monster turned over and sat up. “Ughh,” It moaned. Jeffery and Daisy grabbed each other. “Mum…mum…MUMMY!” They yelled at the same time. “Wha-?” groaned the monster. Jeffery hurried to the door and grabbed the surfboard out of the flooring. “Heeya!” he screeched running full speed at the mummy. “Wait! NO!” Yelled the monster. He ducked as Jeffery swung. “You two need to stop this! What are you doing?” asked the monster. Daisy looked up. “Uncle Nigel! You can not believe what happened! There was a…..and a…..oh wait….” She looked back up at her uncle’s face. “You are the monster!” “No. I was sleeping!” he protested. Jeffery giggled from behind them. “Uncle! We thought the scary noises were monsters! You were snoring!” Daisy and Jeffery fell on the floor rolling with laughter. “Alright you two, out!” he chuckled as he picked them up by the scruff of their neck and plopped them down. “Rascals!” then he walked back into the room and began snoring.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:56 PM   #110
dpritchet will become famous soon enough

For my summer vacation me and my pet aardvark, whose name is Hotdog, went to the beach for a few days. We stayed in the Surfboard Seaside Hotel. The hotel was shaped like a giant surfboard that was standing straight up. We checked in at the desk and went to our room. Our room was decorated with tiny colorful surfboards on the walls and floors and even the beds were shaped like surfboards. I put on my swimsuit that had a design of little hotdogs all over it. I also put a matching swimsuit on my pet aardvark. I grabbed our towels and the sunscreen and said, "Lets go." We were so excited to go surfboarding at the beach that we both ran for the door. I opened the door and tripped over a lobster that was walking down the hallway and fell onto my sunscreen that squirted into the face of the hotel chef. The hotel chef had been chasing the lobster. The chef then tripped over my pet aardvark. He had sunscreen dripping from his nose and chin and my pet aardvark started licking it clean and we both started laughing. When we had stopped laughing the chef asked if we were hungry for lunch. I said, "Yes, but please do not cook the lobster." We all went to the kitchen and ate all the hotdogs we could till our tummies were full. Afterwards My and my pet aardvark went surfboarding in the sea under the sun.
dpritchet is offline Female

awesome storyyy peeps, good luck everybody, good stories great, great stories here!, ilikecheese!!, love the aardvarks!, robertpattinsonishot:), stories are cool, third tag!