Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2009, 10:26 PM   #1
Gift Guru

AnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellence
AnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellence

Donation Award 
Default Dog Days of Summer Contest #2: Shell Hunt

Click the image to open in full size.

The Contest

Grab your buckets and shovels, this week's contest is a "Shell Hunt". Several of our staff members are going to hide virtual seashells around the Webkinz Insider forum. We want you to find them and tell us where they are.

A total of 120 shells will be hidden. To qualify for the contest, you need to find 60 of them. Each time you spot a shell, make a note of the number on the shell and of the post number where you found the shell. (You do not need to write down the title of the thread.)

EXAMPLE: Shell #B1 found in Post #1
This is an example only. Please do not include it in your entry.

These Shells are hidden on multiple threads through out WI excluding the gift exchange, within the first 50 posts of a thread. Not every shell will be hidden on the first day, keep looking throughout the week to find more hidden surprises!

Once you have the information on 60 shells, send that information via PM to AnthonysMommy. Please include your Webkinz World username in the PM.

The Shells

Here are pictures of the shells you are looking for.

These are examples only. Please do not include them in your entry.

The Prizes

The first 10 members to respond with the correct information for 60 shells will each receive one Trading Card "Bonus" Prize (Gold Card Collector Trophy, Ultimate Challenge Sports Car, Series 3 Collector Trophy, Space Explorer Shuttle, Master Card Collector Statue, or Collector's Paradise Waterfall).

All other members to respond with the correct information for 60 shells will be entered into a random drawing. Fifty winners will be selected from this drawing to each receive a piece of Trading Card furniture. We have mixed collection of furniture from all four series of Trading Cards to give away.

The Dates

Starts at 12:01am Eastern Time on Monday, July 6th
Ends at 11:59pm Eastern Time on Friday July 10th
Winners to be announced on Sunday, July 12th

The Rules

Do not post your answers in this thread.
Do not reveal the locations or numbers of any of the shells to other members.
Do not ask the staff or other members for help finding the shells.
Only one entry is allowed per person. Do not send more than one PM.

Anyone breaking these rules will be disqualified from the contest.
AnthonysMommy is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2009, 11:07 PM   #2
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

Default Re: Dog Days of Summer Contest #2: Shell Hunt

Do not post your entries in this thread. Entries are to be sent via PM to AnthonysMommy.

Anyone posting shell location information in this thread will be disqualified from the contest.

Quote:
one question...... we just post the shell number and the post number??? do we also add the thread we found it on????
I'm only asking for the shell number and the post number so I know you've found it yourself. - AM

View Post Originally Posted by xoxoflower07
since we have to find 60 shells, will there be a total of 60 to find (we find them all) or are there more than 60 so we only find 60 of them?

There will be more than 60 - AM

Quote:
Are all of the shells hidden already? (that was one) and, two, Are they hidden in just active threads, or in closed threads as well?

We will start hiding them tonight at midnight and will continue to hide them through Thursday. They could be in any thread within the first fifty posts. - AM

View Post Originally Posted by ab33
okay so for example would we post like shell #8 found in post 23? and how do we PM anthonysmommy ?

That's right. To PM me just go to your inbox, create message, and type in AnthonysMommy or simply click on my name above my avatar in the post above and choose 'send a private message to AnthonysMommy'.

View Post Originally Posted by ab33
and it can be ANYWHERE in ANY of the forums?
Anywhere but the gift exchange -- MissGnomie.

View Post Originally Posted by hah45454
I never get these hunts. Is the shell just in a post by itself or do you add it to someone text or what?
The shell will be added to a post or hidden in a post itself. It depends.. But yes, you can find it on the first post of a house thread or a sticky.. or the DCT.. you never know! --MissGnomie.

View Post Originally Posted by gamepiong
How do you pm someone i am still a little new. Becides that it sounds fun
Once you reach 10 posts and earn the status of "Webkinz " You will be able to send a private message to other members. To do this simply click on the user name and select "send private message" from the drop down menu.--MissGnomie.

Quote:
Cool Contest! I have a question: Will the seashells be the same size as the examples in the first post? Or will it be smaller?

Just like the picture - AM

Quote:
Are we allowed to enter if we have already won a contest recently?

Of course! - AM

Quote:
Do you have to PM all 60 at once? or just a few at a time?
Please wait until you have 60 before sending the PM. Thank you. - AM

View Post Originally Posted by rootbeer598
i can't p.m. my mom sais so i'll probbly just leave a visitor mesage
Please don't since that will disqualify you from the contest and reveal the locations to everyone else. Hopefully your mom will make an exception in this case. - AM

Quote:
Are closed threads going to be used to hide them as well?

All threads are possible closed or open with the exception of the gift exchange.

View Post Originally Posted by Suzanne
another question because i am so NEW to all of this, what is a thread? i know that must sound strange to all of you who do this all of the time, but i have no clue. thank you for your help.
A thread is a topic of discussion, like the one we are on now. Each topic is a different thread. Make sense? for example the doug tracking discussion would be a different thread.. --MissGnomie.

View Post Originally Posted by eyeluvdogs5
Is it possible to find 60 on the first day....or will it be more scattered than that throughout the week? I have found 9 so far.
From the first post: "Not every shell will be hidden on the first day, keep looking throughout the week to find more hidden surprises!" Yes, over multiple days, but I won't say how many each day --MissGnomie.

View Post Originally Posted by wowewe
Question: Is it OK to give your friends hints about the easiest ways to find them, but not tell them where?

No, "Do not reveal the locations or numbers of any of the shells to other members.". This includes
"hints" towards where or how to find shells quickly. This is first and foremost for fun, but we ask that you find the shells yourself. --MissGnomie.

Last edited by MissGnomie; 07-06-2009 at 10:38 PM..
FIA is offline Female
Old 07-04-2009, 11:18 PM   #3
Webkinz :)

GPKman has a spectacular aura about

Cool! Can't wait.
GPKman is offline Male
Old 07-04-2009, 11:26 PM   #4
_ihacoks_

AWESOME sounds like fun!!

Last edited by AnthonysMommy; 07-11-2009 at 12:20 AM.. Reason: removing shell
Old 07-04-2009, 11:36 PM   #5
Gifted

candycane is a jewel in the roughcandycane is a jewel in the rough

Sounds like lots of fun!
Old 07-04-2009, 11:46 PM   #6

nickistheman is on a distinguished road

awesome!!!!
nickistheman is offline Male
Old 07-05-2009, 12:02 AM   #7
Call me Karen

webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!

This is going to be great!
webkinzlover218 is offline Female
Old 07-05-2009, 01:38 AM   #8
ʎʞɔɐʍ ɐp sı ɯoɯɹǝʞɔo
Gift Guru

rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero
rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero

WI Subscriber

*grabs shovel*

I am so there!

Thanks for making this cool contest!!!!

and I don't have to copy a picture!! Yay!
rockermom is offline Female
Old 07-05-2009, 05:12 AM   #9
Sheryl is wacky!

slbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicness
slbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicness

Yeah, I can't wait. I couldn't enter the last contest.I tried for 8 hours to post a pic. and couldn't get it to work.
slbradshaw is offline Female
Old 07-05-2009, 05:27 AM   #10
i am chatty
Gifted

miss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applause
miss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applause

Donation Award 

one question...... we just post the shell number and the post number??? do we also add the thread we found it on????
miss spots is offline Female
Closed

Tags
evil shells, littlex3red says hi, pigsrockoutloud, pounder, shell hunt, shells on the loose