Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2008, 04:48 PM   #101
☮+♥+:)
Gift Guru

aalovesyew2 is just really niceaalovesyew2 is just really nice

Default Re: Design WI Gear to Win a MAGICAL RETRIEVER Question Thread

View Post Originally Posted by sherrylaine
I'm sure you've probably already had comments such as mine.....but I think it's a bit unfair that the "best" contest for one of the most sought after items is something that requires a knowledge of computer graphics. I'm sure I'm not the only one that doesn't know how to do artwork on the computer.......or maybe I am. Anyway, I just thought I'd let you know..... I think the contest should have been something more related to gaining knowledge of WI Like perhaps a scavenger hunt where we have to go to different forums and learn more about them, post on them, etc.

Sorry, just my opinion and to let you know I'm very dissapointed I'm unable to participate.

Sherry
Originally Posted by wendy
This isn't about art skills, it's about creativity and a fresh new design. If your art isn't perfect, that's okay...it's more the ideas that we are looking for.
If you want, you can just post your idea... they won't disqualify you if you don' t have a picture
aalovesyew2 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2008, 05:17 PM   #102
Seth is truely
Gifted
soccergollygal wears the mantle of perfection with gracesoccergollygal wears the mantle of perfection with gracesoccergollygal wears the mantle of perfection with gracesoccergollygal wears the mantle of perfection with gracesoccergollygal wears the mantle of perfection with gracesoccergollygal wears the mantle of perfection with gracesoccergollygal wears the mantle of perfection with grace

View Post Originally Posted by sherrylaine
I'm sure you've probably already had comments such as mine.....but I think it's a bit unfair that the "best" contest for one of the most sought after items is something that requires a knowledge of computer graphics. I'm sure I'm not the only one that doesn't know how to do artwork on the computer.......or maybe I am. Anyway, I just thought I'd let you know..... I think the contest should have been something more related to gaining knowledge of WI Like perhaps a scavenger hunt where we have to go to different forums and learn more about them, post on them, etc.

Sorry, just my opinion and to let you know I'm very dissapointed I'm unable to participate.

Sherry

This is a question thread. We're all very sorry you're disappointed, But she has mentioned this will not be judged on how good your art skills are, but your overall idea! If it had been a scavenger hunt, it would of been hard for people who are not on immediatly will have a less cahnce.
soccergollygal is offline Female
Old 12-11-2008, 05:54 PM   #103
catgirlVa
Webkinz :)

catgirlva is an unknown quantity at this point

where do I go to create the WI gear
Old 12-11-2008, 05:55 PM   #104

birthdayman98 is headed for the top!birthdayman98 is headed for the top!birthdayman98 is headed for the top!birthdayman98 is headed for the top!birthdayman98 is headed for the top!birthdayman98 is headed for the top!birthdayman98 is headed for the top!birthdayman98 is headed for the top!birthdayman98 is headed for the top!birthdayman98 is headed for the top!birthdayman98 is headed for the top!birthdayman98 is headed for the top!

View Post Originally Posted by smuglyKelsey
can we put something that says webkinzinsider or webkinz
Please read the first post for your answer
birthdayman98 is offline Male
Old 12-11-2008, 08:38 PM   #105
Call me Amy
Banned
iluvdogzsomuch has a spectacular aura about

do i have to draw it, 'cause i.d.k. how to.

---------- iluvdogzsomuch added 0 Minutes and 21 Seconds later ----------

scan it on the computer

Last edited by iluvdogzsomuch; 12-11-2008 at 08:38 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
iluvdogzsomuch is offline Female
Old 12-11-2008, 11:09 PM   #106
PokemonRoks

Webkinzfur is an unknown quantity at this point

How can I make WI gear? I don't have Paint
Old 12-11-2008, 11:10 PM   #107
Lil Kinz
bent_2013 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you should make a more modern looking shirt in colors like brown or navy and make the WI symbol less bold, make it kind of distressed.
bent_2013 is offline Male
Old 12-12-2008, 03:01 AM   #108
SEH58
Gift Guru

sherrylaine has a brilliant futuresherrylaine has a brilliant futuresherrylaine has a brilliant futuresherrylaine has a brilliant futuresherrylaine has a brilliant future

View Post Originally Posted by soccergollygal
This is a question thread. We're all very sorry you're disappointed, But she has mentioned this will not be judged on how good your art skills are, but your overall idea! If it had been a scavenger hunt, it would of been hard for people who are not on immediatly will have a less cahnce.

It seems I remember reading from the founder that they "prefer" we post pictures of our idea or "art" to better get our idea across. I understand the contest is on creativity but how do you express in "words" an idea for a possible WI item effectively enough to compete with others with the computer skills? Us older folks and the very young are at a distinct disadvantage.
As someone pointed out this is a "question" forum so heres my question. Will the winner be chosen based on the most creative idea and do you really think it will be one who can't express it in some kind of art form?
Have you seen the kids posting? How do I , I don't know how, I don't have paint,...... so unless this is going to be a random drawing from those that participate in any form they're capable of my opinion stays the same.

Oh, and the scavenger hunt wouldn't be who finished first.......it would be more about what information and experiences we were able to gather. Of course the judging would have to allow for the age of the contestants...... which I'm hoping will be done in this current contest as well.

I sincerely think the "giveaway" is a marvelous idea and a show of "good will" and appreciation from the folks at WI . I just wish it were a little easier for all to partcipate effectively.

Sherry
sherrylaine is offline Female
Old 12-12-2008, 05:00 AM   #109
Farglesword

Farglesword is on a distinguished road

It's really unfortunate that a lot of people don't understand we are only permitted one idea. I don't know how many people have said, "I have two ideas".

I certainly have more than one idea, but, for my safety, I have only mentioned one.

Many people also are ignorant to the fact that we cannot include the copyrighted names Webkinz or Ganz, and cannot include copyrighted images, such as virtual or actual pets.

Please, read the rules in full before submitting your (one) idea! Someone with a good idea is going to win, and if someone with a great idea does not follow the rules then they will miss out on a great prize!

I think sets of things are approaching the grey area where the idea is the whole kit but it applies to more than one item. Colours of things I would never consider to be more than one idea; colours are so secondary.

If anyone is reading this who has problems loading a picture, let me try and do my part to help, as I know of one method:
1. Go to tinypic.com.
2. Under the heading Upload Images & Videos, and further, File:, click browse. Browse will take you to a window similar to that when you open documents.
3. Find the image, click on it, and click Open (or double-click the picture).
4. Click the green box that says UPLOAD NOW! The picture should now be uploaded.
5. Click the line beneath the heading IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards.
6. Right-click, and select Copy (or simply press Ctrl+C).
7. In your message here on WI, put your image in by right-clicking and selecting Paste (or simply pressing Ctrl+V). This will input the code you copied, and will appear as an image in your post preview and final post.

I hope the tips help! Good luck!

Last edited by Farglesword; 12-16-2008 at 03:44 AM..
Farglesword is offline Male
Old 12-12-2008, 05:50 AM   #110

Secondbanana is an unknown quantity at this point

View Post Originally Posted by Jarrah
Wendy:

When I look at the entries many of them seem to be creative new products using a WI logo rather than a new WI graphic. Are you looking for a graphic only, a graphic and new product idea or just a new product idea?

My understanding that you are looking for a WI graphic (without the word Webkinz in it) and then we could show you one way of using the graphic but the graphic is the piece that is being judged.
I, too, was puzzled about this and am very curious to find an answer! A logo design and a merchandise idea are two very different modes of thinking, and I wouldn't want to enter something that they aren't looking for! If you get an answer, please let us all know!

Sherry, if you have trouble with computer graphics, you could always hand-draw something and then scan it or take a picture of it to put on the computer. I'm sure Wendy and Justin understand that not everyone is a computer whiz and they won't be looking for a perfect picture!

View Post Originally Posted by Bekka_coady
If someone has posted the same idea as you, will yours be disqualified? (Even if you don't know about the other entry?)
Several people have asked this and I think that as much of a pain as it may be to go through all 18+ pages of posts, it's kind of our responsibility to do so to make sure we aren't accidentally copying someone's idea. As it says in the rules: "No copying or cheating allowed - cheaters will be disqualified." I imagine that the judges will take the first posted entry of that idea and disregard identical/very similar ideas posted after.

As Farglesword said, it's very important for everyone to read the rules carefully; this will help answer most of the questions on the thread!

Hope this helps clear things up a bit, and I wish everyone good luck!
Secondbanana is offline Female
Closed