Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2011, 08:41 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

sarahswebkinz is on a distinguished road

Default Contest pets-Your Thoughts

What are everyone's thoughts on contest pets-ie the silk sparrow and sparkling pegasus.

I have to admit, I'm a bit annoyed at the exclusivity of these pets given that these are pets I would actually purchase given the chance.

Moreover, I just don't understand why they need to have these pets that can only be won through contests anyway.

These contests are rarely held, and when they are, the chances of winning are so minuscule it's almost not worth entering. I mean, why can't they hold these contests more often and award more entrants each time.

This is just my take on it. What are everyone else's thoughts?
sarahswebkinz is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2011, 08:47 PM   #2
TIRED OF BEING WACKY

girlwholovesdog flows towards the sea of knowledgegirlwholovesdog flows towards the sea of knowledgegirlwholovesdog flows towards the sea of knowledgegirlwholovesdog flows towards the sea of knowledgegirlwholovesdog flows towards the sea of knowledgegirlwholovesdog flows towards the sea of knowledgegirlwholovesdog flows towards the sea of knowledgegirlwholovesdog flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: Contest pets-Your Thoughts

wELL, THAT'S WHY i LIKE THEM!
girlwholovesdog is offline Male
Old 03-12-2011, 08:49 PM   #3

View Post Originally Posted by girlwholovesdog
wELL, THAT'S WHY i LIKE THEM!
you like them because you'll most likely never get them?
Old 03-12-2011, 09:25 PM   #4

webbimom flows towards the sea of knowledgewebbimom flows towards the sea of knowledgewebbimom flows towards the sea of knowledgewebbimom flows towards the sea of knowledgewebbimom flows towards the sea of knowledgewebbimom flows towards the sea of knowledgewebbimom flows towards the sea of knowledgewebbimom flows towards the sea of knowledge

I think it is pretty neat to have contest-only pets. (I thought this before we won one!) Even if you think the chance of winning one is minuscule, it is always worth entering.

Trust me......you may just win!
webbimom is offline Female
Old 03-12-2011, 09:31 PM   #5

View Post Originally Posted by webbimom
I think it is pretty neat to have contest-only pets. (I thought this before we won one!) Even if you think the chance of winning one is minuscule, it is always worth entering.

Trust me......you may just win!
I appreciate your opinion. And congratulations on your beautiful pet.

I hope you don't mind my saying this-but it's a lot easier to be positive about the contest pets when you've won one yourself. For the rest of us...it's a lot tougher especially since we'll most likely never get one if they'll continue to be given out at this rate. lol
Old 03-12-2011, 10:06 PM   #6
Gifted

Jenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed up
Jenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed up

I kind of like the idea of the contest only pets. You may not like it because you don't have one, but what if you did? You would have a really rare pet and you would probably like have a rare pet. Sure the chance of winning is small, but the smaller the chance of winning, the rarer the pet will be. They don't have to make pets that are available to everyone, but of course there will be people who are upset about it and think its not fair, but thats life.

And if you don't even bother entering the contests, then you have no chance of winning. So even though the chances of winning are slim, you should still enter.
Jenny is offline Female
Old 03-12-2011, 10:18 PM   #7

View Post Originally Posted by xx_jenny_xxx
I kind of like the idea of the contest only pets. You may not like it because you don't have one, but what if you did? You would have a really rare pet and you would probably like have a rare pet. Sure the chance of winning is small, but the smaller the chance of winning, the rarer the pet will be. They don't have to make pets that are available to everyone, but of course there will be people who are upset about it and think its not fair, but thats life.

And if you don't even bother entering the contests, then you have no chance of winning. So even though the chances of winning are slim, you should still enter.
You're right. If I had one of these my attitude might be different. But still, what's the point of making these pets so exclusive? To allow a few kids to feel special because they own one of these pets while the rest of the kids look on in envy and wish they had one? I see no purpose to that.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:20 PM   #8
I AM CANADIAN!
Gift Guru

FroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talent

It's not so much that I don't like the idea of contest pets, however, because of restrictions in contests based on where people live...it is for that reason that I do not like contest pets. There are some, just because of where they live (Quebec, New York and Florida most often) that will never be able to win any of these pets...Unless all members who pay to play have a chance, I don't like contests!

If the idea of contest pets continue I also think they really should give out more...if you think about 10 pets being given out for a contest in comparison to the millions playing WW...well, those odds are worse that most lotteries...I'd like to see more winners for these contest pets!
FroggyDoodle is offline Female
Old 03-20-2011, 05:57 PM   #9
TIRED OF BEING WACKY

girlwholovesdog flows towards the sea of knowledgegirlwholovesdog flows towards the sea of knowledgegirlwholovesdog flows towards the sea of knowledgegirlwholovesdog flows towards the sea of knowledgegirlwholovesdog flows towards the sea of knowledgegirlwholovesdog flows towards the sea of knowledgegirlwholovesdog flows towards the sea of knowledgegirlwholovesdog flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by sarahswebkinz
you like them because you'll most likely never get them?
That was rude.
girlwholovesdog is offline Male
Closed