Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2010, 11:46 AM   #1
e in DwarfWithdrawal
Webkinz :)

SoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guide

Default Communal Contest Week 1 - Bust? or What seems to be the problem

Well, here we are at 11am on Sunday, and the results show us at just over 12% of the goal.
It does not look good for making it this week, unless the results thermometer
has a huge time lag.
There is a chance, if everyone here contributes alot of games today, so DON'T GIVE UP!!

So what may have gone wrong?

Well, WI did a GREAT job of advertizing the contest, but I think Ganz could have done
quite a bit more on their sites.
Since this was the first weekend, the front page story on Kinzville Times
should have been about the contest all weekend.
A reminder should have been at the top of WebkinzNewz.
I think many NOT a member of a site like WI were just unaware of the contest.
I know several of dd's friends did not know about it.

Ganz may well have over-estimated the amount of time people would be
able to play on a weekend.

There appeared to be some minor glitches along the way.

There is also the big question of when Asian & European times begin/end.
I called with this question on Friday & the girl went to find out and was told
it was their local midnight to midnight 2 days later,
but the thermometer did not show up on our accounts at that time.
Now, Asian accounts are in Monday and the thermometer is still visible.

Some questioned whether just Arcade games counted, or if Tournament area games counted.

It really would have helped if there was a link to the game on the contest page.

I hope this weekend doesn't discourage players in the future.

What are your feelings, thoughts, ideas, suggestions on this?
SoccerSlave is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2010, 11:48 AM   #2
boom to the bang
Gift Guru

Dash is headed for the top!Dash is headed for the top!Dash is headed for the top!Dash is headed for the top!Dash is headed for the top!Dash is headed for the top!Dash is headed for the top!Dash is headed for the top!Dash is headed for the top!Dash is headed for the top!Dash is headed for the top!Dash is headed for the top!

Default Re: Communal Contest Week 1 - Bust? or What seems to be the problem

From the front page of WI...

UPDATE (Feb 27th, 8:30pm ET): Ganz has released the following statement regarding this week's contest: "Looks like we made our first Communal Contest too difficult. Our formula was clearly off. We'll be making next week's challenge easier."
Dash is offline Female
Old 02-28-2010, 12:26 PM   #3
oot!

Calciferia is a name known to allCalciferia is a name known to allCalciferia is a name known to all

I think you're bang-on about the lack of advertisement on Ganz's part. I thought for sure there'd be a front-page story about it on the Newspaper. I only found out that the contest had started because of WI! And as everyone else, including Ganz, has surmised - the goal was a "slight" miscalculation

However, to be fair, this is the first time they've done this contest. Has anything ever gone off without a hitch? As my dear stepmom would say, this is a learning experience! I am sure they will take what went wrong and use this information to fine-tune the contests of the future.

Regardless of the impossibility of the task, I had a lot of fun. I even earned my highest score in Goober's Lab to date and some KC to boot
Calciferia is offline Female
Old 02-28-2010, 05:31 PM   #4
Proud Aspie

Webkinzrules77 is just really niceWebkinzrules77 is just really nice

I think Ganz overestimated everybody on the first contest. I mean, everybody on webkinz would have to play like at least 50 times to get to the score. It was only the first contest. It was confusing, and 6 billion points is practically impossible to earn in a single weekend. I think maybe if this was a later contest, and we all were better at mass-playing it would have been easier. I was pretty disappointed when i saw goobers lab was the game for this week because i can only get like 20 points.
Webkinzrules77 is offline Female
Old 02-28-2010, 05:35 PM   #5
AGAG1234
Gift Guru

kinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all around

I think kids look at 6 BILLION and go AHHHH!!!!!!!!! OR Some kids thought they had to earn that by THEMselves! They don't get that communal means everyone working toward one goal. Lowering the goals, and upping the reward may be better for the future. However, this big time flunk could be very bad for all communal contests to come.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:14 PM   #6
e in DwarfWithdrawal

SoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guide

I saw a post on the front page story from someone who lives in the Asian time zone.
They only have 3/4 of a weekend to play [ending time was around lunchtime Mon for them].
So a 3-day contest would be more fair, allowing those w/ impossible weekends to also
have a m-f day & night.

So many say they are NOT voting or playing this coming week.
I think they should do the opposite...
vote on each account
play 1 game on each account. (More only by choice).

This would give more realistic stats to balance younger players with limited time.
Spring sports/activities are about to start.

No one should spend their entire week-end on-line. Or have to.
Get some fresh air. Parents don't ignore the youngsters.

Ganz has supposedly added a feedback for the event on WebkinzNewz.
Add your 2 cents there. List some suggestions. List some aggravations.
Vote in the Monday Survey in the Kinzville Times.

Last edited by SoccerSlave; 03-01-2010 at 02:17 PM..
SoccerSlave is offline Female
Closed