Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2010, 02:58 AM   #31
Gift Guru

tashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicness
tashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Communal contest a rip off?

View Post Originally Posted by mygaga55
I look at it this way. I work to achieve the goal every week for the less fortunate children or possibly adults who can't afford to purchase the items from the w shop. I'm sure they appreciate the gifts. I enjoy watching the meter. To me it's exciting to work together to reach the goal and win.
What a great point!

I don't really mind what the prize is, if it's storage I keep it, if it goes well in one of my rooms, I keep it, if not I sell it.

I don't understand how something can be deemed a rip-off, when you are getting something for free
tashytoot is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2010, 03:37 AM   #32
Web Records!
Webkinz :)

WebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum master
WebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum master

View Post Originally Posted by Pitenana
For these contests to have any meaning at all, the top earner (or maybe top ten) should be granted a special recognition. A non-tradeable (to discourage cheating) "Community Hero of the Week" trophy for the best individual score, plus a badge (or at least posting of the pets' pictures in Kinzville News) for the top ten total scores - and I guarantee, we'll see a LOT more participation.
This sounds like a good idea! The only problem I see is that there are still hackers who run up the points, and I'm sure they'd do it on this contest!

View Post Originally Posted by Pandalover4ever
it is a Gigantic rip off! there are no estore items anymore! there are only w shop items RIP OFF!!!!!!!!!!
View Post Originally Posted by cupcake00497
At least someone agrees with me....... wshop items are a rip off.
View Post Originally Posted by ChiuauahLUV
It isn't always fun working for the cheaper WShop Prizes, and we all wish we could get exclusives--but at least we won something!
It can't really be a rip-off when we win exactly what was voted for -- and we choose whether or not to play. Besides, there have already been people on this thread who admit they play for just a "millisecond" or a minute or two. Why should they be able to get an exclusive? [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate] is probably offering reasonable prizes, considering there are always going to be a lot of people who just play a couple minutes no matter how valuable the item.

View Post Originally Posted by ericka
I don't think you can really say something is a rip off if you pay nothing for it. Not only do you either get kinzcash or a prize that you can sell if the community reaches the goal, but you also get kinzcash for playing the game. This just doesn't really make much sense to me.
View Post Originally Posted by tashytoot
What a great point!

I don't really mind what the prize is, if it's storage I keep it, if it goes well in one of my rooms, I keep it, if not I sell it.

I don't understand how something can be deemed a rip-off, when you are getting something for free
Exactly! I don't think of it as just getting something for ME; my effort helps some younger kids get something they maybe can't afford easily. It's the spirit of the contest that's important.
WebCats139 is offline Female
Old 09-26-2010, 06:51 PM   #33

mycatis7 is on a distinguished road

Well think at it this way if you do the contests and get the items then sell the items you can save up to buy a rare item
Or here's another way if you are the number 1 player with the most points cumulitive you will get like an exclusive

Last edited by mycatis7; 09-26-2010 at 06:53 PM..
mycatis7 is offline Male
Old 10-10-2010, 02:51 PM   #34
526cuteygirl

Bitty(: is on a distinguished road

I enjoy getting the gifts, even if they are w-shop, there still something and i normally sell them foor money(:

Dont play if you think its a rip off.
Bitty(: is offline Female
Old 10-10-2010, 03:03 PM   #35
no

pikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talent

this is why i'm THROUGH with the communal contests. not even CURIO SHOP is given anymore. sure, play if you want.... all you'll get is Wshop or KC.
Old 10-10-2010, 03:06 PM   #36

icecap2011 is a jewel in the roughicecap2011 is a jewel in the rough

Look, just sell the item. If you don't like any of the items that are being voted on as the price, then pick the most expensive one, and sell it if the goal is achieved. Or, if you do like one, you get it for free instead of needing to save up for it.
icecap2011 is offline Female
Old 10-10-2010, 03:06 PM   #37
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Awww...you go ahead I am still playing. It is COOL that it is W-shop. At least we can sell it back when we get bored Also you make a pile of Kinzcash over the weekend that can pay for the new Wonderland items..WIN! WIN!! I say
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 10-10-2010, 03:08 PM   #38
TheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guide

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
Awww...you go ahead I am still playing. It is COOL that it is W-shop. At least we can sell it back when we get bored Also you make a pile of Kinzcash over the weekend that can pay for the new Wonderland items..WIN! WIN!! I say
^^
TheFlamedance is offline Female
Old 10-10-2010, 03:12 PM   #39
Gifted

ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!
ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!

I think it is a good idea for 3 reasons:

1. Everyone works together
2. You get KC from playing
3. You get a prize that even if you don't like you can sell for a decent amount of KC.

And it's not like you pay KC (or real money ) to enter it. So I don't think it's a ripoff.
ICanHasWebkinz? is offline Female
Old 10-10-2010, 03:15 PM   #40
Go XYZ!

Queen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicness
Queen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicness

I like the communal contest! I think it is a great idea! Someone earlier mentioned the possibility of Ganz offering a rotation of 10 items that are not sold anywhere else as prizes. I rather like that idea. But since that doesn't happen, I'm content to vote on what is there, play to help the community, and if I win an item that I don't want, I'm free to sell it.

I'm glad for WI. It is nice to have a place to post our opinions and discuss ideas.
Queen of Sheba is offline Female
Closed