Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2010, 01:43 AM   #11
iggle like a
Webkinslover420 has a reputation beyond reputeWebkinslover420 has a reputation beyond reputeWebkinslover420 has a reputation beyond reputeWebkinslover420 has a reputation beyond reputeWebkinslover420 has a reputation beyond reputeWebkinslover420 has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Communal contest a rip off?

View Post Originally Posted by sugarcube4499
Well think of it this way you can play the game for a second than exit out and you are still entered pus the prize is free instead of paying for it in the wshop.
Yes, But if everyone who entered did that
The score would be Way too low, and We wouldn't win

So its best to atleast try
(That way its also fair to people who did try)
Webkinslover420 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2010, 01:57 AM   #12
Webkinz :)

donnyosmond is cool as a bunny clowndonnyosmond is cool as a bunny clowndonnyosmond is cool as a bunny clowndonnyosmond is cool as a bunny clowndonnyosmond is cool as a bunny clowndonnyosmond is cool as a bunny clowndonnyosmond is cool as a bunny clowndonnyosmond is cool as a bunny clown

i think it fun
donnyosmond is offline Female
Old 08-18-2010, 04:20 PM   #13

S'mores is on a distinguished road

If you dont like the item, sell it. thats what i do. i like the idea of recognizing the top scorers.
S'mores is offline Female
Old 08-18-2010, 09:34 PM   #14
Gift Trainee

magicw is the cats pajamas!magicw is the cats pajamas!magicw is the cats pajamas!magicw is the cats pajamas!magicw is the cats pajamas!magicw is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by cupcake00497
To me, the communal contest is a rip off. You work really hard to reach goals on games and what's you prize? Free 99% of the time icky wshop items or sometimes kinzcash. No awesome exclusives, no kinzstyle , or rare items. Just plain wshop items and rarely kinzcash. I thought at first the contest would be cool ad there be awesome prizes, but then I realized, it wasn't cool and there wasn't anything worth having. I mean you can easily go to the wshop and buy the items. Yah some like free items but, free wshop isn't a cool prize to me. Only time I enter one of these contest if there is a kinzcash prize....
I know a lot of people must agree with you on this because anytime cash is a choice, it wins the vote and we win the challenge. I agree that the prizes are sometimes a little disappointing to me. There have only been three or four items offered that I actually wanted, and it seems those are the times I'm outvoted or we don't win at all. Ganz did offer that special safari jacket the first week or two which I thought was promising, but it lost the vote. I couldn't believe it!

Anyway, yes, the prizes could be better, but I don't mind too much. Like everything else, it's a choice to participate or not. And I do love free stuff! I just need to make myself sell it instead of letting it sit in my dock like it has so far. And I try to remember that there are new players coming to webkinz all the time and it takes a long time to buy all those items from the wshop. Maybe I have them after playing for 3 1/2 years, but a lot of others don't. I remember when I first started playing, I'd log in just to get a free piece of fruit! It was a big deal! And as others have said, I love the idea of working together towards a common goal.
magicw is offline Female
Old 08-21-2010, 05:09 PM   #15
hey there (:

Adri1997 has a spectacular aura about

i usually sell the items i win for kinzcash, its alot of money
Adri1997 is offline Female
Old 09-01-2010, 02:19 PM   #16
blessedx5
Gift Guru

blessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable character
blessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable character

View Post Originally Posted by cupcake00497
Only time I enter one of these contest if there is a kinzcash prize....
I find this statement funny. You only enter if you get kc as a prize? So you only enter/get a prize every few weeks (not sure just how often it is that it comes up) right? That's pretty silly in my opinion.
A lot of us get kc every week! If I dislike the item or can't use it then I go sell it. Free kc!!

So if the kc only prize comes up once a month. Then you might get the 500kc a month. But if I sell my prize each week then I have made appox 1400 kc that month. (500kc prize and avg of 300kc for other 3 weeks). Easy choice in my opinion. Plus as others have said you don't even have to play much if you dislike the game or something.It's just easy free kc for a few minutes of your time.

I do hope they come up with some better prizes at some point. But the one time they did,most people chose something else (actually I think they chose the kc lol). Until they decide to bring in some other choices, I'll just keep bringing in the free kc.
blessedx5 is offline Female
Old 09-01-2010, 04:30 PM   #17
jackb1014

jackb1014 is a splendid one to beholdjackb1014 is a splendid one to beholdjackb1014 is a splendid one to beholdjackb1014 is a splendid one to behold

I don't do communal contests very often.
jackb1014 is offline Male
Old 09-01-2010, 04:32 PM   #18
eAreYoung
Gifted

DIBS is not just visiting!DIBS is not just visiting!DIBS is not just visiting!DIBS is not just visiting!DIBS is not just visiting!DIBS is not just visiting!DIBS is not just visiting!DIBS is not just visiting!DIBS is not just visiting!DIBS is not just visiting!DIBS is not just visiting!

How is it a rip off? If you don't like it, then you don't have to do it. They did this for fun It's free kinzcash anyways, so I'm wondering HOW this is a rip off when it's actually a BONUS.
DIBS is offline Male
Old 09-02-2010, 02:45 PM   #19

CheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome
CheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome

WI Subscriber

I agree with several of the points here -- and DIBS says it all --- it isn't a rip off it is a bonus.

A rip off is essentially 'A product or service that is overpriced or of poor quality'. This is a bonus activity that you can chose to participate in or not. If you don't like it, don't play. I usually do, but sometimes don't if I am going to be busy most of the weekend (I know I can just play for a minute or two and qualify, but I don't feel right doing that)
CheekyDB is offline Female
Old 09-03-2010, 06:58 PM   #20
ill make Xmas great

RobertFrog wows us all with wonderRobertFrog wows us all with wonderRobertFrog wows us all with wonderRobertFrog wows us all with wonderRobertFrog wows us all with wonderRobertFrog wows us all with wonderRobertFrog wows us all with wonderRobertFrog wows us all with wonderRobertFrog wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by Webkinslover420
The point of the communal contest is to get everyone to work together
And besides, even if it is W-shop items
Its still something
\
Also to DIBS
RobertFrog is offline Male
Closed