Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2010, 04:54 PM   #1
Gift Guru

cupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum master
cupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum master

Default Communal contest a rip off?

To me, the communal contest is a rip off. You work really hard to reach goals on games and what's you prize? Free 99% of the time icky wshop items or sometimes kinzcash. No awesome exclusives, no kinzstyle , or rare items. Just plain wshop items and rarely kinzcash. I thought at first the contest would be cool ad there be awesome prizes, but then I realized, it wasn't cool and there wasn't anything worth having. I mean you can easily go to the wshop and buy the items. Yah some like free items but, free wshop isn't a cool prize to me. Only time I enter one of these contest if there is a kinzcash prize....

Last edited by cupcake00497; 09-15-2010 at 06:56 AM..
cupcake00497 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2010, 10:46 PM   #2
iggle like a
Webkinslover420 has a reputation beyond reputeWebkinslover420 has a reputation beyond reputeWebkinslover420 has a reputation beyond reputeWebkinslover420 has a reputation beyond reputeWebkinslover420 has a reputation beyond reputeWebkinslover420 has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Communal contest a rip off?

The point of the communal contest is to get everyone to work together
And besides, even if it is W-shop items
Its still something
Webkinslover420 is offline Female
Old 08-15-2010, 11:00 PM   #3
Webkinz :)

karategurl invented the repkarategurl invented the repkarategurl invented the repkarategurl invented the rep
karategurl invented the repkarategurl invented the repkarategurl invented the repkarategurl invented the repkarategurl invented the repkarategurl invented the repkarategurl invented the rep

I agree with the person above me
karategurl is offline Female
Old 08-16-2010, 12:15 AM   #4

Ladybugheart is a golden guideLadybugheart is a golden guideLadybugheart is a golden guideLadybugheart is a golden guideLadybugheart is a golden guideLadybugheart is a golden guideLadybugheart is a golden guideLadybugheart is a golden guideLadybugheart is a golden guideLadybugheart is a golden guideLadybugheart is a golden guideLadybugheart is a golden guideLadybugheart is a golden guide

I agree that the point is to work together to achieve a goal.
It's fairly easy to achieve the goal and win the prize. The rare and valuable prizes you mentioned are suppose to be harder to get.
The W-shop items aren't too valuable, but that are still something. If you don't like them, you can always sell them.
All you have to do is play a game a few times, and you will most likely get a free item.
If you ask me, it seems like an excellent deal. It depends on how you look at it, and what you're used to having. I like looking on the bright side.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:33 AM   #5
iggle like a
Webkinslover420 has a reputation beyond reputeWebkinslover420 has a reputation beyond reputeWebkinslover420 has a reputation beyond reputeWebkinslover420 has a reputation beyond reputeWebkinslover420 has a reputation beyond reputeWebkinslover420 has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by Ladybugheart
I agree that the point is to work together to achieve a goal.
It's fairly easy to achieve the goal and win the prize. The rare and valuable prizes you mentioned are suppose to be harder to get.
The W-shop items aren't too valuable, but that are still something. If you don't like them, you can always sell them.
All you have to do is play a game a few times, and you will most likely get a free item.
If you ask me, it seems like an excellent deal. It depends on how you look at it, and what you're used to having. I like looking on the bright side.
Yep
You can always just sell em'
I usually sell the items, but sometimes i'll save them and put them in my house
(Depending on the item)
Webkinslover420 is offline Female
Old 08-16-2010, 09:44 AM   #6

ra1727 has much to be proud ofra1727 has much to be proud ofra1727 has much to be proud ofra1727 has much to be proud ofra1727 has much to be proud of

i just play like two milliseconds in the game so i score 3 points and then close out of the game. that way, i am entered in the contest and will get the prize if it actually comes through. i never really play the game unless its gogo googles. ( the only game i like) yah, i know, that's kinda lazy of me...
ra1727 is offline Female
Old 08-16-2010, 10:11 AM   #7

Pitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clown

For these contests to have any meaning at all, the top earner (or maybe top ten) should be granted a special recognition. A non-tradeable (to discourage cheating) "Community Hero of the Week" trophy for the best individual score, plus a badge (or at least posting of the pets' pictures in Kinzville News) for the top ten total scores - and I guarantee, we'll see a LOT more participation.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:32 AM   #8
SEE the THUNDER

Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!

So? It isn't a rip off. At least you get a prize.
Crashkittenjr is offline Female
Old 08-16-2010, 01:41 PM   #9

mygaga55 is all that glittersmygaga55 is all that glittersmygaga55 is all that glittersmygaga55 is all that glitters
mygaga55 is all that glittersmygaga55 is all that glittersmygaga55 is all that glittersmygaga55 is all that glittersmygaga55 is all that glittersmygaga55 is all that glittersmygaga55 is all that glittersmygaga55 is all that glittersmygaga55 is all that glittersmygaga55 is all that glittersmygaga55 is all that glittersmygaga55 is all that glittersmygaga55 is all that glitters

View Post Originally Posted by Webkinslover420
The point of the communal contest is to get everyone to work together
And besides, even if it is W-shop items
Its still something
I look at it this way. I work to achieve the goal every week for the less fortunate children or possibly adults who can't afford to purchase the items from the w shop. I'm sure they appreciate the gifts. I enjoy watching the meter. To me it's exciting to work together to reach the goal and win.

Last edited by mygaga55; 08-16-2010 at 06:11 PM..
mygaga55 is offline Female
Old 08-16-2010, 02:22 PM   #10
Haley the dancer :)

sugarcube4499 is not just visiting!sugarcube4499 is not just visiting!sugarcube4499 is not just visiting!sugarcube4499 is not just visiting!sugarcube4499 is not just visiting!sugarcube4499 is not just visiting!sugarcube4499 is not just visiting!sugarcube4499 is not just visiting!sugarcube4499 is not just visiting!sugarcube4499 is not just visiting!sugarcube4499 is not just visiting!

Well think of it this way you can play the game for a second than exit out and you are still entered pus the prize is free instead of paying for it in the wshop.
sugarcube4499 is offline Female
Closed