Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   Contests & Click-to-Wins (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/contests-click-wins-147/)
-   -   Communal contest a rip off? (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/contests-click-wins-147/communal-contest-rip-off-647778/)

cupcake0049708-15-2010 04:54 PM

Communal contest a rip off?

To me, the communal contest is a rip off. You work really hard to reach goals on games and what's you prize? Free 99% of the time icky wshop items or sometimes kinzcash. No awesome exclusives, no kinzstyle , or rare items. Just plain wshop items and rarely kinzcash. I thought at first the contest would be cool ad there be awesome prizes, but then I realized, it wasn't cool and there wasn't anything worth having. I mean you can easily go to the wshop and buy the items. Yah some like free items but, free wshop isn't a cool prize to me. Only time I enter one of these contest if there is a kinzcash prize....::)

Webkinslover42008-15-2010 10:46 PM

Re: Communal contest a rip off?

The point of the communal contest is to get everyone to work together ;)
And besides, even if it is W-shop items
Its still something :)

karategurl08-15-2010 11:00 PM

I agree with the person above me

Ladybugheart08-16-2010 12:15 AM

I agree that the point is to work together to achieve a goal. :)
It's fairly easy to achieve the goal and win the prize. The rare and valuable prizes you mentioned are suppose to be harder to get.
The W-shop items aren't too valuable, but that are still something. :) If you don't like them, you can always sell them.
All you have to do is play a game a few times, and you will most likely get a free item.
If you ask me, it seems like an excellent deal. It depends on how you look at it, and what you're used to having. I like looking on the bright side. ;)

Webkinslover42008-16-2010 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ladybugheart (Post 20525903)
I agree that the point is to work together to achieve a goal. :)
It's fairly easy to achieve the goal and win the prize. The rare and valuable prizes you mentioned are suppose to be harder to get.
The W-shop items aren't too valuable, but that are still something. :) If you don't like them, you can always sell them.
All you have to do is play a game a few times, and you will most likely get a free item.
If you ask me, it seems like an excellent deal. It depends on how you look at it, and what you're used to having. I like looking on the bright side. ;)

Yep :)
You can always just sell em'
I usually sell the items, but sometimes i'll save them and put them in my house ;)
(Depending on the item)

ra172708-16-2010 09:44 AM

i just play like two milliseconds in the game so i score 3 points and then close out of the game. that way, i am entered in the contest and will get the prize if it actually comes through. i never really play the game unless its gogo googles. ( the only game i like) yah, i know, that's kinda lazy of me...

Pitenana08-16-2010 10:11 AM

For these contests to have any meaning at all, the top earner (or maybe top ten) should be granted a special recognition. A non-tradeable (to discourage cheating) "Community Hero of the Week" trophy for the best individual score, plus a badge (or at least posting of the pets' pictures in Kinzville News) for the top ten total scores - and I guarantee, we'll see a LOT more participation.

Crashkittenjr08-16-2010 11:32 AM

So? It isn't a rip off. At least you get a prize. :)

mygaga5508-16-2010 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Webkinslover420 (Post 20525218)
The point of the communal contest is to get everyone to work together ;)
And besides, even if it is W-shop items
Its still something :)

I look at it this way. I work to achieve the goal every week for the less fortunate children or possibly adults who can't afford to purchase the items from the w shop. I'm sure they appreciate the gifts. I enjoy watching the meter. To me it's exciting to work together to reach the goal and win.:)

sugarcube449908-16-2010 02:22 PM

Well think of it this way you can play the game for a second than exit out and you are still entered pus the prize is free instead of paying for it in the wshop.