Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2011, 10:53 AM   #11
Webkinz :)

DD313 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Communal Contest Needs to be Changed

yes, the scores need to be managable. and games where it is possible to get high scores
DD313 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2011, 05:47 PM   #12
ael613

dolphin9797 is a jewel in the roughdolphin9797 is a jewel in the rough

I agree. I think that the goals are more of a problem than the games. If the goals were lower, no matter what the game, i think more people would play.
dolphin9797 is offline Female
Old 03-24-2011, 06:58 AM   #13
Pokemon time!

lazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicness
lazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicness

I agree. There is another game that not part of the communal contest yet and the game is called the TilE Towers game. This game has three choices to get to the goal.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:14 PM   #14

regina 04 is an unknown quantity at this point

Anything on Webkinz where they rig a game or event to keep kids tied to their computers for hours is ridiculous. Asking them to complete tasks they really don't want to do and taking them away from the areas of Webkinz where they'd prefer to be playing for fun's sake just pushes kids away from wanting to come to the site. My kids are getting tired of Webkinz. They've been spending more time on Poptropica (which I find fun, educational and challenging)and I've got to beg them to do their dailies; and forget about gardening - we have 14 gardens that we racked up 300,000KC with and most are dead cause no one wants to take care of them. I made a decision last week that if we got another Communal Contest that was made intentionally out of reach that I'm done with Webkinz. I used to come in at night and log them in and do their dailies and garden, but they just don't care anymore and it seems like Webkinz doesn't care either. From now on it's up to them whether they they play on Webkinz. And I'm glad not to be obsessed with KC, gardens and dailies and even happier not to nag them to log in.
regina 04 is offline Female
Old 03-28-2011, 09:20 AM   #15
e in DwarfWithdrawal

SoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guide

You may see this elsewhere, but it seems appropriate for this thread:

Well, here is what I submitted on WKN on their Prize Sneak Peek thread, as well as mostly on a feedback form in Kinzville Times & e-mail.

I place it here for consideration to encourage YOU to let them directly know your frustrations with the situation. And give them any constructive ideas you may come us with - AND let US know so we can put our support behind them as well.

[Many of you know than in my thread in Contests & Tournaments each week
I've started to mention what 10,000 players would need to do to make the current goal,
and I consider that amount of play reasonable it can be achieved with about an hours's play over the course of the weekend.
I anticipate some will do more and some less, and actual time for a player can vary,
but base the reasonableness of the goal on what a few plays by family members yield before the weekend and whether we've reached a similar goal in the past.
I thought the last few fell into that category, but the players weren't there.
So that should raise red flags at Ganz.]

My submission:

The trees almost always get my vote.

BUT, Ganz, we have a bigger problem - the games and goals need a major revamp.
People are dropping out like flies.
We now have the 7th straight week of a loss, and another week where the previous time we played the game of the weekend we DID NOT MAKE a lower goal by quite a bit where you repeat or raise the goal.

For the last few games, if 10,000 people had played to a reasonable goal we would have won, no problem.
But this week we only reached 1/4 of that - Peek
we only needed 10,000 playing 20 beginner games of level 3/2250 pts or 8 games to level 7, which totals between 45,000 to 50,000. This is about an hour's work.
But, we COULD NOT get that much support.
I know a good number of players who DID that amount or greater (who read a site you have a good relationship with),
so that really shows a HUGE lack of play.
Please, Please address this problem.
How about some of the other games?
How about a weekend where play on either of 2 games can count?
How about analyzing what people actually play and earn?
How about offering if 3 weeks in a row are won, a decent non-WShop/KC prize will be offered as a choice on the 4th week.
SOMETHING needs to be done.
SoccerSlave is offline Female
Old 03-28-2011, 06:32 PM   #16
Debkinz123 has a spectacular aura about

View Post Originally Posted by regina 04
Anything on Webkinz where they rig a game or event to keep kids tied to their computers for hours is ridiculous. Asking them to complete tasks they really don't want to do and taking them away from the areas of Webkinz where they'd prefer to be playing for fun's sake just pushes kids away from wanting to come to the site. My kids are getting tired of Webkinz. They've been spending more time on Poptropica (which I find fun, educational and challenging)and I've got to beg them to do their dailies; and forget about gardening - we have 14 gardens that we racked up 300,000KC with and most are dead cause no one wants to take care of them. I made a decision last week that if we got another Communal Contest that was made intentionally out of reach that I'm done with Webkinz. I used to come in at night and log them in and do their dailies and garden, but they just don't care anymore and it seems like Webkinz doesn't care either. From now on it's up to them whether they they play on Webkinz. And I'm glad not to be obsessed with KC, gardens and dailies and even happier not to nag them to log in.
I agree with this!! Our kids have so many "screen options" available to them, which they love. I think the variety is great; however, like most parents, I try to limit how much time my kids sit in front of a screen. When Webkinz challenges are too hard--or involve too much time to accomplish, my kids and others choose to skip even trying in favor of spending more time on other kid sites--or video games--or movies/shows, etc.

This goes for the CCs, as well as the click to wins and search the clubhouse activities. I REALLY liked the Valentine's clubhouse search, cuz the kids just had to remember to get on WW once a day and go to the clubhouse, where they could easily find Cinnamon and get their prize. There was no tracking, or searching, or waiting endlessly; if you did your part (log on and go to Cl-H), you were rewarded. My kids were excited to do this one on their own--one less thing for me to have to do for 5 accounts!

Webkinz really should be more kid/family-friendly and make challenges attainable with 10-15 minutes of effort a day (while doing dailies, etc). That way kids will be more inclined to get on and play briefly. Then they can GET OUTSIDE AND PLAY or be involved in whatever activities (BESIDES WW) that interest them. Oh, and do homework...

Hope this makes sense; off to dinner prep and laundry...
Debkinz123 is offline Female
Closed