Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2011, 05:06 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

mlml258 has a spectacular aura about

Smile Communal Contest Needs to be Changed

Communal Contest NEEDS to be Changed!

For the last few weeks, we have not been doing well. We all try and try our best, but we still can't make the outrageous goal on the Communal Contest. I think that the communal contest should be something like this.

On Saturday and Sunday we were supposed to earn 65,255,000 points in Lily Padz 2. I think that if you enter you should earn let's say 30,000 points in Lily Padz 2. If you make it, then you get the prize! It's a lot way easier and a lot of us work our tails off trying to get that prize.

I want GANZ to change the Communal Contest into a simpler way and a more fun and rewarding way. I want the Communal Contest changed so that everyone will have a better chance at winning a prize. Don't you agree?
mlml258 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2011, 05:11 PM   #2
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Communal Contest Needs to be Changed

Yes! I totally agree. They seem to pick the same games too. If they branched out with a better variety of games, made the goal more realistic, and gave better prizes, I think people might start doing it again.
Desty is offline Female
Old 03-21-2011, 05:13 PM   #3
Happy Holidays!

2WebbiesMomz is epic beyond epicness2WebbiesMomz is epic beyond epicness2WebbiesMomz is epic beyond epicness2WebbiesMomz is epic beyond epicness2WebbiesMomz is epic beyond epicness
2WebbiesMomz is epic beyond epicness2WebbiesMomz is epic beyond epicness2WebbiesMomz is epic beyond epicness2WebbiesMomz is epic beyond epicness2WebbiesMomz is epic beyond epicness2WebbiesMomz is epic beyond epicness2WebbiesMomz is epic beyond epicness2WebbiesMomz is epic beyond epicness2WebbiesMomz is epic beyond epicness2WebbiesMomz is epic beyond epicness2WebbiesMomz is epic beyond epicness2WebbiesMomz is epic beyond epicness

Maybe each entrant should have to play a minimum number of games? (Some of the games are just too hard for us-I drowned more frogs than I care to think about-others we can excell at.) Better prizes would help, too. Think exclusives, rares or e-store: wouldn't these tempt more people to try harder?
2WebbiesMomz is offline Female
Old 03-21-2011, 05:16 PM   #4
icked Webbies
Gift Guru

dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!
dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!

I have suggested to them via their forums and suggestion box that they consider using my method for scoring on communal challenges.

I say, if they take the scores for a regular weekend-lets use an example, say Operation Gumball usually has a score of 1,000,000 on a regular weekend when it is not the communal game. They should double (possibly triple) that score. The goal is then achievable because the usual people that play only have to play one or two extra games and there you have it. It is still a mission-not too "easy" but still attainable...

(and they need to also have Operation Gumball as a game for Communal challenge-love that one! )
dragonbird is offline Female
Old 03-21-2011, 05:20 PM   #5
Shablooming
Wiki SysOp

monkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all things
monkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all things

It wouldn't really be a "communal contest" if we each had to work for our own individual goal, but I agree that it often seems to be a lost cause. There are some weeks when we aren't at all close to the goal, but other weeks when we achieve the goal extremely quickly so that it is no challenge.

Ganz seems to have some sort of "formula" based on how they responded to the very first challenge... "Looks like we made our first Communal Contest too difficult. Our formula was clearly off. We'll be making next week's challenge easier."

So what is the discrepancy? I'd like to know how they actually calculate it.
dragonbird's idea makes sense to me.

Originally Posted by dragonbird
(and they need to also have Operation Gumball as a game for Communal challenge-love that one! )
And yes, I would love to have Operation Gumball!
monkeecj is offline Male
Old 03-21-2011, 05:25 PM   #6

Smile Re: Communal Contest Needs to be Changed

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
Yes! I totally agree. They seem to pick the same games too. If they branched out with a better variety of games, made the goal more realistic, and gave better prizes, I think people might start doing it again.
They do need to pick different games. I think the reason why people aren't doing it anymore is because of the goal. They should give exclusives every once in a while. That would be so cool.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:05 PM   #7
Theatre910

Twizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicness
Twizzlerz is epic beyond epicness

For the last several repeated games, which we did not make the previous time,
they increased the goal the second time. That defies logic.

Not as many people are playing, if comments on their forum are anything to go by.
This last week we would have won if 101,000 games of 650 points (a beginner score, using
the method SoccerSlave put in her weekly CC thread in the Contests & Tournaments section).
That seems a reasonable estimate, my family averaged about 1400 a game.
That's 10,000 people playing 10 games at that lower rate.
You would think that's easily attainable considering the worldwide reach.
I know people who played 50-100 games.

But that was also a higher goal than the previous one last month, for which we made less than 70% of the goal.

Maybe we should put a daily comment in the comments page of the Kinzville Times to let them
know how we feel.

A fun idea might be a 2 game weekend - points on either game count toward the goal.
At least a little variety.
And an occasional better prize.

But, at least, we do still make kc from the games we do play.
Twizzlerz is offline Female
Old 03-21-2011, 07:44 PM   #8

RachaelC10/20 is a golden guideRachaelC10/20 is a golden guideRachaelC10/20 is a golden guideRachaelC10/20 is a golden guideRachaelC10/20 is a golden guideRachaelC10/20 is a golden guideRachaelC10/20 is a golden guideRachaelC10/20 is a golden guideRachaelC10/20 is a golden guideRachaelC10/20 is a golden guideRachaelC10/20 is a golden guideRachaelC10/20 is a golden guideRachaelC10/20 is a golden guideRachaelC10/20 is a golden guide

I totally agree it is very disappointing failing for so many weeks in a row. They seem to pick the same game over and over again. We just had lily padz 2 twice in two months on the same weekend. I hate this game as do a lot of people so a lot of people didn't participate. I wish they would make the goals manageable.
RachaelC10/20 is offline Female
Old 03-21-2011, 08:43 PM   #9
Call Me Kayelyn
Gifted

ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by RachaelC10/20
I totally agree it is very disappointing failing for so many weeks in a row. They seem to pick the same game over and over again. We just had lily padz 2 twice in two months on the same weekend. I hate this game as do a lot of people so a lot of people didn't participate. I wish they would make the goals manageable.

Oh, me too!

I wish the goals weren't always about games, instead maybe about winning so many JB challenge jars, or designing a room and entering it, you know? I also would like to see other prizes than wShop prizes and kinz cash. I think once, there was a safari shirt or something of similarity, but it didn't get many votes so it was not chosen for the week's prize. :/
ratgirl57 is offline Female
Old 03-22-2011, 03:33 PM   #10

Smile Re: Communal Contest Needs to be Changed

View Post Originally Posted by Twizzlerz
For the last several repeated games, which we did not make the previous time,
they increased the goal the second time. That defies logic.

Not as many people are playing, if comments on their forum are anything to go by.
This last week we would have won if 101,000 games of 650 points (a beginner score, using
the method SoccerSlave put in her weekly CC thread in the Contests & Tournaments section).
That seems a reasonable estimate, my family averaged about 1400 a game.
That's 10,000 people playing 10 games at that lower rate.
You would think that's easily attainable considering the worldwide reach.
I know people who played 50-100 games.

But that was also a higher goal than the previous one last month, for which we made less than 70% of the goal.

Maybe we should put a daily comment in the comments page of the Kinzville Times to let them
know how we feel.

A fun idea might be a 2 game weekend - points on either game count toward the goal.
At least a little variety.
And an occasional better prize.

But, at least, we do still make kc from the games we do play.
I think we should tell Kinzville Newz. Great idea! I'm going to do that right now!
Closed