Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2010, 07:59 AM   #1
Webkinz :)
bigtoe has a spectacular aura about

Default Communal Contest - How Disappointing!

We need to send a strong message to Ganz that while we really like the idea of the Communal Contest, their execution of this new feature has been less than satisfactory.

Please let Ganz know you are disappointed! We need everyone to do the following:
1) on Webkinz, go to the Newspaper, click on Contact Us. The survey this week asks what you think of the Communal Contest. The choices are 1) Awesome!, 2) I like them. 3) They are okay, 4) I don't like them. They're boring. 4) Yuck, and 5) What is a Communal Contest?

My choice will be number 4, Yuck.

I am also going to go to the "Make a suggestion" page and let them know of my likes and dislikes with this newer feature.

Have you seen the 'prizes' we are to vote on for this week's contest? All of these can be bought at the WShop:
First Down Dining Table - value 500KC
Funky Girl Refridgerator - value 680KC
Sweet Stuff Sofa - value 750KC
Abracadabra Candelabra - value 450KC

Yes, the prize could be sold back to the WShop and we'd get the KC that way, but remember we'll only get half of the value of the item sold back.

Not giving any kind of reward at all for our hard work over the weekend when they admitted they made a mistake is just wrong, and then to give us terrible prize choices for this week's contest is the 'icing on the cake.'

I'm not a wizard mathmetician or anything, but as soon as I started calculating the numbers for this contest, it became quite apparent that this was an impossible number to reach. Where was the common sense at Ganz? Formulas are great, but you better have someone review the result to make sure that it is logical. Six billion was not a logical result.

So it's great they plan on making this week's contest more attainable, but they need to improve the prizes as well. My suggestion? Rares at least, with once in a while things that are available only through the eStore. Dreaming? Maybe. But we will be stuck with these poor prize choices if we don't let Ganz know of our dissatisfaction.
bigtoe is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2010, 08:19 AM   #2
orld's Slowest
derring do wears the mantle of perfection with gracederring do wears the mantle of perfection with gracederring do wears the mantle of perfection with gracederring do wears the mantle of perfection with gracederring do wears the mantle of perfection with gracederring do wears the mantle of perfection with gracederring do wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Default Re: Communal Contest - How Disappointing!

Well... ultimately, it is their contest, and they can run it as they see fit. I also have no idea how many individual accounts are in WKW, so how they got the 6B number is a mystery to me. I played Goober's 3 times, and got a total of 60K points, as many as I thought I needed to contribute for my 2 accounts.

I don't care for the prizes, and probably won't vote this time. We have so many ways to get WShop items these days, that another one like this (their attempt at social media? LOL) is simply not very appealing.

If this is designed to appeal mostly to the casual account-holders, and the younger kids, then the goal needs to be much lower. Personally, I wasn't impressed.
derring do is offline Female
Old 03-01-2010, 08:50 AM   #3
lilkinzmom7 is the cats pajamas!lilkinzmom7 is the cats pajamas!lilkinzmom7 is the cats pajamas!lilkinzmom7 is the cats pajamas!lilkinzmom7 is the cats pajamas!lilkinzmom7 is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: Communal Contest - How Disappointing!

Hi! I was surprised when I saw the progress bar yesterday. I played Goober's Lab like 8 or 9 times at least but then I realized that the goal was not going to be reached. It was only 500 KC, the goal should not have been so high. So I wound up back at the park collecting trash, that was a bit more fun.
lilkinzmom7 is offline Female