Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2010, 07:20 AM   #1
Gift Guru

curiousg has disabled reputation

WI Subscriber
Donation Level 2 
Default Communal Contest: Did you vote? Did you enter? Did you play? Did you get prize?

View Post Originally Posted by GemaL
I'm still uncertain if we'll be awarded a prize if we played on an account after the goal was achieved. While I know that in past weeks this was possible, this week I don't get a message to "claim your prize". Instead, I get a message to "Come back Monday to vote on next week's prize." It'll be interesting to see what happens tomorrow.
The above quote comes from the most recent communal contest thread, and I am curious about it.

There are actually several variables here that I am intrigued by

1) Did you vote on the prize earlier in the week?
2) Did you press the enter button? (I think the enter button sometimes appears on accounts in which you did not vote; I am also intrigued by whether the enter button always appears or is only on some servers or accounts?)
3) On the weekend of the game, did you play before 100% was reached?
4) On the weekend of the game, did you play only after 100% was reached and before Sunday at midnight?
5) Were you able to get the Arctic TV?

I am pretty sure of the following: for my child's account
1) no
2) no
3) no
4) yes
5) no

but my child was not able to get the prize! So playing alone does not appear to allow one to get the prize if you play after the 100%.

However, it is possible that had my child voted or clicked the enter button, then maybe a prize would be awarded? I would love to hear from others who remember what they did and the outcome!

Update 8/1/2010

The outcomes seem to be the same this week for this contest as last week. Voting does make a difference. If you vote, then you can still play the game even after the 100% is reached and you will get the prize. But if you don't vote, then you will not get the prize even if you play on Sunday (after the 100% is reached). At one time I did get an "enter" button, but I did not see it either this week or last week.

This information on the importance of voting may be of interest to some people with busy lives to remind them to not overlook voting. My conclusion: if you are really interested in receiving the prize and you won't be on WW on Saturday, you should definitely vote during the week.

In another thread, a member of the forum pointed out that the purpose of the communal contests is to all play together on a game and work toward helping everyone, no matter what their skill level is at the game, to achieve a goal. I LOVE the concept! Ganz has tried to set up the game so that people who are engaged in the group process receive the prize with the group while those who don't participate don't receive a prize.

That same post i just mentioned made a terrific point that voting itself is a part of this group process. I guess I hadn't really thought of that (DUH ) but was simply more interested in how the system worked.

I'm glad to have learned how it worked & I will try to be a good participating (and voting!) member of future communal contests.

Go team!

Last edited by curiousg; 08-01-2010 at 03:46 PM..
curiousg is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2010, 07:25 AM   #2
icked Webbies
Gift Guru

dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!
dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!

Default Re: Communal Contest: Did you vote? Did you enter? Did you play? Did you get prize?

Howdy my friend! Can't wait to be back for good, I'm missing my WI buds, but I do sneak peeks and I saw your thread here...

Same thing happened to me...if you play after the 100% goal is achieved you are pretty much out of luck...But it does make sense since you aren't technically assisting in the achieving in the goal if the goal has been achieved...But dd was a little annoyed that everyone was so quick to get to the goal leaving us in the dust! haha! That's what we get for playing our summer away instead of mega amounts of WW!

(my answers are the same as yours, we had forgotten to vote earlier in the week, and then after the goal was achieved we didn't see an "enter" button...)

dragonbird is offline Female
Old 07-26-2010, 07:51 PM   #3
oW, look I'm
Gifted

dizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talent

Default Re: Communal Contest: Did you vote? Did you enter? Did you play? Did you get prize?

1) Did you vote on the prize earlier in the week?

yes

2) Did you press the enter button? (I think the enter button sometimes appears on accounts in which you did not vote; I am also intrigued by whether the enter button always appears or is only on some servers or accounts?)

I think I just played the game

3) On the weekend of the game, did you play before 100% was reached?

yes

4) On the weekend of the game, did you play only after 100% was reached and before Sunday at midnight?

no
dizzydessi is offline Female
Old 07-27-2010, 08:14 AM   #4
Webkinz :)

CatCrazyMom is the all night partyCatCrazyMom is the all night partyCatCrazyMom is the all night partyCatCrazyMom is the all night partyCatCrazyMom is the all night party
CatCrazyMom is the all night partyCatCrazyMom is the all night partyCatCrazyMom is the all night partyCatCrazyMom is the all night partyCatCrazyMom is the all night partyCatCrazyMom is the all night partyCatCrazyMom is the all night party

1) Did you vote on the prize earlier in the week? YES
2) Did you press the enter button? (I think the enter button sometimes appears on accounts in which you did not vote; I am also intrigued by whether the enter button always appears or is only on some servers or accounts?) N/A (since I voted)
3) On the weekend of the game, did you play before 100% was reached? NO
4) On the weekend of the game, did you play only after 100% was reached and before Sunday at midnight? YES
5) Were you able to get the Arctic TV today? YES (on all 4 accounts)

Apparently the problem is that, if you didn't vote, and the goal is achieved before you click the enter button, it is too late to enter the contest. Your games will only count if you have voted or entered, but once the goal is achieved you no longer have the option to enter. I can see that this might be a problem for those who don't get a chance to vote or enter earlier in the week, especially if the goal is achieved quickly, like it was last weekend; but, on the other hand, you do have Monday through Friday to either vote or enter, as well as most of Saturday, depending on how early the goal is achieved. I am sorry that you and dragonbird both missed out on the TV, but hopefully you'll have a chance to vote or enter ahead of time this week.
CatCrazyMom is offline Female
Closed