Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2009, 12:21 AM   #1
Webkinz :)

CrimsonTwilight is a splendid one to beholdCrimsonTwilight is a splendid one to beholdCrimsonTwilight is a splendid one to beholdCrimsonTwilight is a splendid one to behold

Default Butterfly Contest

I just entered the Butterfly Creative Writing contest! I don't know if I'll win, there are so many creative people!!! I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best!

Good luck to everyone else who has entered! :easter:
CrimsonTwilight is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2009, 06:48 PM   #2
dangeronfire (NO CA

brookie is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Butterfly Contest

Yes, good luck to everyone! We all are hoping to see that someone from WI has won!
Old 03-23-2009, 07:06 PM   #3
unclejame

nimbleton is on a distinguished road

Smile Re: Butterfly Contest

If you have your story, why don't you post it? Instead of just reading a few winners, this way we can read each other's stories and share our own. Here is mine! I hope to see yours here soon too!

After the earth was born, the sky came to meet her. “How are you, my child?” he said. The earth just looked up at him with her big, blue eyes and said nothing. “You look a little cold! Let me be your blanket,” he said. And he wrapped himself around her. The earth smiled and snuggled into her new soft, warm coat.
As the years went by, the earth grew older and the sky stayed with her, wrapped loosely around her shoulders or clinging to her like a foggy woolen mantle. One day she said, “I’m ready to become a mother now.” She kneaded the living soil into dogs and cats, boys and girls, hippos and Zingoz, and they came to life.
One night after she’d stopped making children, she woke up sweating and threw the sky away from her. Down on earth, the creatures were cold and snow fell. After awhile the hot flash subsided, and she snuggled in again with her sky. The earth got warm and had summer until she started to push off her blanket again. “Sorry children, we all get to share life’s changes!”
nimbleton is offline Male
Old 03-23-2009, 07:09 PM   #4
Jessbeans wears the mantle of perfection with graceJessbeans wears the mantle of perfection with graceJessbeans wears the mantle of perfection with graceJessbeans wears the mantle of perfection with graceJessbeans wears the mantle of perfection with graceJessbeans wears the mantle of perfection with graceJessbeans wears the mantle of perfection with grace

yes, good luck to everybody that entered in the contest (counting me of course, lol ). i'VE NEVER WON BEFORE, SO IT'D BE EXCITING IF i DID. i WROTE ABOUT THE SEASONS, NOT THE OTHER TOPIC BECAUSE IT WAS SIMPLER AND i ALREADY HAD AN IDEA IN MIND . So yeah, again, good luck to you and everybody else. And happy Birthday/Anniversary !
Jessbeans is offline Female
Old 03-23-2009, 11:33 PM   #5
snakelady is on a distinguished road

started to push off her blanket again. “Sorry children, we all get to share life’s changes!” [/quote]

the problem is the hot flashes are way toooo loooonnnnggggg

LOL
snakelady is offline Female
Old 03-24-2009, 08:32 AM   #6

telogiatrisha is a glorious beacon of lighttelogiatrisha is a glorious beacon of lighttelogiatrisha is a glorious beacon of light

Best of luck to all who enter. I'm not creative so I didn't. But, It would be great to see a member win. Yea!

Last edited by telogiatrisha; 03-24-2009 at 08:33 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old 03-24-2009, 04:02 PM   #7

CrimsonTwilight is a splendid one to beholdCrimsonTwilight is a splendid one to beholdCrimsonTwilight is a splendid one to beholdCrimsonTwilight is a splendid one to behold

@ nimbleton: Ohh! Good story! =) I don't have mine anymore, though! oh well.

@ telogiatrisha and brookie : I hope so too!! Even if I don't win, that would be awesome!!
Old 03-24-2009, 06:50 PM   #8
unclejame

nimbleton is on a distinguished road

Smile Re: Butterfly Contest

View Post Originally Posted by CrimsonTwilight
@ nimbleton: Ohh! Good story! =) I don't have mine anymore, though! oh well.

@ telogiatrisha and brookie : I hope so too!! Even if I don't win, that would be awesome!!
Thanks for the compliment! I appreciate your comments, and it's too bad you don't have yours any more! The reason I posted was hoping that other people would share their stories as well. Whether we win a prize or not, it's fun to at least be able to see what other people came up with! I hope other people will be willing to share- the story topic is a fun one, and the nice short length will make it easy, quick, and fun for us to enjoy each other's contributions. Come on, people! Show us what you came up with! There won't be any comparing or criticizing, just encouragement like we always get on WI! Pretty please?
nimbleton is offline Male
Old 03-30-2009, 11:53 AM   #9

gem-peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Post Re: Butterfly Contest

They announced the winners.

Seemed pretty quick I don't see how they could have read all those entries. I just wonder how they judge or if they pick randomly.

Here's my entry. I thought it was pretty good!

Sunny Day and Moony Night got into a fight. Both thought something wasn’t right. Each was complaining it wasn’t fair. They both wanted more time up in the air. Sunny cried to Moony Night, “there’s so much winter darkness for you to light.”
“Me?” he asked, “what about you? I have felt that same way too. You have way more time in the summer. And for me that is such a bummer.
Mother Nature stepped in, arms crossed and said, “Children lets not argue and think of a plan instead.” Sunny and Moony stood still to listen. Mother began with her decision. “Moony will have more time in October through February. I will hear nothing of the contrary. Sunny will have longer April through August. I know it will take time to adjust. September and March you are going to share. And then we’ll have two days that are very rare. They will be split exactly halfway. Nighttime will be equal with that of day. Equinox, I’ll call it, with twelve hours each to play. That,” she smiled, “will end the disarray."

:el1:
gem-peas is offline Female
Old 03-30-2009, 08:28 PM   #10

When they said my name, I was all WOAH...maybe it's me!!

LOL, but it was just someone else with the same name! XD darn!
Closed