Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2011, 11:30 AM   #61
atterrag100
Webkinz :)

gmcgary is a champion of all thingsgmcgary is a champion of all thingsgmcgary is a champion of all things
gmcgary is a champion of all thingsgmcgary is a champion of all thingsgmcgary is a champion of all thingsgmcgary is a champion of all thingsgmcgary is a champion of all thingsgmcgary is a champion of all thingsgmcgary is a champion of all thingsgmcgary is a champion of all thingsgmcgary is a champion of all thingsgmcgary is a champion of all thingsgmcgary is a champion of all thingsgmcgary is a champion of all things

Default Re: *** UPDATE *** 768 plays at Peek-a-Newz and finally ONE Cave Explorer Top

With all the times I have tried for myself or friends, I have only one diving helmet and not a single cloud dress or explorer top. PLENTY of cloud hats and shoes and explorer pants and shoes. Only a few diving pants, tops and shoes; they don't seem as common as the other items. Although I really like the clothing, this contest doesn't seem like it is as good a Peek as others in past...

Last edited by gmcgary; 09-01-2011 at 11:33 AM.. Reason: missed word
gmcgary is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2011, 10:52 PM   #62
pipperroo2

pipperroo is cool as a bunny clownpipperroo is cool as a bunny clownpipperroo is cool as a bunny clownpipperroo is cool as a bunny clownpipperroo is cool as a bunny clownpipperroo is cool as a bunny clownpipperroo is cool as a bunny clownpipperroo is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: *** UPDATE *** 768 plays at Peek-a-Newz and finally ONE Cave Explorer Top

I have gotten only one cloud dress and explorer top, but no diving bell helmets. I've been doing 3 accounts most days and 4 some days.
pipperroo is offline Female
Old 09-02-2011, 02:35 AM   #63

junebugwebkinz has a reputation beyond reputejunebugwebkinz has a reputation beyond reputejunebugwebkinz has a reputation beyond reputejunebugwebkinz has a reputation beyond reputejunebugwebkinz has a reputation beyond repute

Well here we are at the end of this promo and I am kind of glad. I have had enough of the madness. I only hav3e acouple more accounts to do and I am not expecting the cloud dress or the diving hat. No one will trade them so I guess I will never get to complete these outfits. It seems like this has been such a waste of time and I was so excited at first.
junebugwebkinz is offline Female
Old 09-02-2011, 05:49 AM   #64
Babs1978

Babs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comrade
Babs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comrade

I only got one diving helmet and no cloud dress a lot of the other stuff, from 6 accounts. For some reason it no longer seems as much fun. I would have liked to a least get of one of each set. I hope everyone else had better luck than me.
Babs is offline Female
Old 09-02-2011, 06:17 AM   #65
AmericanBaronin
Gifted

KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by babs
I only got one diving helmet and no cloud dress a lot of the other stuff, from 6 accounts. For some reason it no longer seems as much fun. I would have liked to a least get of one of each set. I hope everyone else had better luck than me.
I have 21 accounts, two which have messed up passwords for whatever reason so can't be used right now, so 19 accounts to use. Doing them every day for the rest of the accounts and talking to other people about what they got {including those that noticed something that was giving them extras each time so they have a LOT overall} out of hundreds and hundreds of items we might have all between us a dozen cloud dresses, maybe. Ditto for the diving helmet and other 'scarce' item on the third set. What is anyone going to want to do with, for example 50 of all the other items with only 1 or none of each set being around so nothing completes? BTW, it is estore item, I believe, and that probably explains it; not going to make me buy from the estore, but probably really does explain it.
KeyLargo is offline Female
Old 09-02-2011, 01:47 PM   #66

MysticZon is sweet stuff
MysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuff

Default How We Make Money for Ganz on WKN

As we approach the end to a very disappointing Adventure Clothes Peek-a-Newz (PAN), in my opinion, the worst ever of all of the PANs we've been given to participate in, I want to thank everyone for posting their comments and insights on this thread.

Ganz has given us plenty of "free" prizes this year but, with the exception of the items from the Looney Tunes and Smurf movie promos where items were deposited directly into our docks and all we had to do was log in to win them, we had to pay a price and that price was our time. Time is a valuable commodity that cannot be traded, bought or sold. It is something we give freely to Ganz when we participate in the giveaways on WKN. When it comes to the PAN events in particular, Ganz attributes very little value to our time.

The question of why Ganz programs the PANs such that one item in a 3 or 4 piece outfit is harder to "win" than the others has been raised several times. On the surface, it makes absolutely no sense to deem one particular item more "rare" than the others in a set. I asked myself many times while numbly clicking on pages at the WKN site, "What's in it for Ganz by programming the clothing PANs like this ??"

So I gave the matter some thought and the only reason I can deduce is that Ganz wants to keep us on the WKN site as long as possible so that we make money for Ganz. I believe that is the purpose of every prize giveaway that takes place on WKN. In the case of PAN, it would explain why we have to find such-and-such character five times instead of, let's say, two or three times and why a certain item in a set is harder to "win" than others. If we were able to "win" several complete outfits in the first few days of a PAN event, we wouldn't have a reason to go back to the WKN site, day after day, and keep clicking those characters that pop out from behind the ads and other elements on the page. And imagine how quick it would be if we only had to find the character two or three times ??

About the third party ads on WKN and WW

Basic Marketing Rule 101 ~ Ads make money. Plain and simple. The third party ads we see on WKN are provided by ad companies which provide sales programs to web site owners (in this case, Ganz) as a means by which money is generated when people such as ourselves (known as visitors) visit the site and ~

(a) Click on the ads;

(b) By the number of page impressions we generate by going from page to page looking for that elusive such-and-such PAN character.

Page impressions are how many times the web pages containing the ads were shown to visitors. Page impressions reflect the number of times the ad code was triggered, meaning more ads on a page ~ even if they are the same ad ~ means more page impressions, even when only a single page view has taken place in a visitor's browser.

It varies from ad company to ad company as to how much money is generated when a visitor actually clicks on an ad or how many page impressions are required. Generally speaking, clicking on an ad could generate anywhere from 1¢ up to 10¢ per ad clicked. In the case of page impressions, an ad company may require an ad to be shown to visitors up to 1,000 times before a few dollars are made.

How We Make Money for Ganz on WKN

I am of the opinion that the majority of the money Ganz makes on WKN comes from page impressions. Take a look at an actual page from WKN.

Click the image to open in full size.

We can clearly see three ads from a company called Free Score (I know that's the name of the company because I clicked on one of the ads and made Ganz some money by doing so). Since Webkinz is supposed to be for kids, we know that kids could care less about credit ratings, nor do they even have a credit rating !! Doesn't matter. The mere fact that the Free Score ad was shown three times on one WKN web page means three page impressions were recorded by the ad company that provided Ganz with the ad. Cha-Ching !! Ganz just got three impressions closer to the, let's say for the purposes of this example, 1,000 page impressions it needs to get some money from the ad company.

So it doesn't matter what ads are shown on WKN or in WW or that after the first 20 pages of a PAN event or clicky floaty event or Treasure Hunt we don't even notice what the ads are about. Just going from page to page to page at WKN makes Ganz money because we generate page impressions.

And if 1¢-10¢ per ad clicked or a few dollars per 1,000 page impressions doesn't sound like much, multiply that by how many WW members are trying to get that elusive Diving Helmet, Cloud Dress or Cave Explorer Top. Factor in the clicky floaty events, Treasure Hunts and various other prize giveaways throughout the year and there is no doubt ... it adds up.

The Bottom Line

So making one item in a set harder to "win" than others keeps us coming back to WKN day after day during the campaign to try for that missing item. In my opinion, it has nothing to do with making trading more exciting, or to own 60 tops, bottoms and flippers and only one helmet more exciting. That's fine if you want to put a "positive" spin on it. But the bottom line is that we trade "x" number of hours of our time for these items and, in return, Ganz gets "x" number of dollars for us doing so.

And, in my opinion, Ganz will continue their current practice of prize giveaways on WKN in the manner they have been as long as it continues to generate money for them. Which is fine, Ganz is a business and businesses need to make money. That having been said, could they do it in a better way and make us happier in the process ?? Sure than can, but to do so would probably cost Ganz money.

And how do I know so much about ads on web sites ?? I am a professional web designer / developer and regularly implement ads and marketing campaigns for my clients' web sites. There is so much more to the world of generating revenue through the use of ads, but I have tried to keep my overview as simple and straightforward as possible.
MysticZon is offline Female
Old 09-02-2011, 02:30 PM   #67
ebkinz A.my

AnotherKinzDad is stuck on replay
AnotherKinzDad is stuck on replayAnotherKinzDad is stuck on replayAnotherKinzDad is stuck on replayAnotherKinzDad is stuck on replayAnotherKinzDad is stuck on replayAnotherKinzDad is stuck on replayAnotherKinzDad is stuck on replayAnotherKinzDad is stuck on replay

15 days of PeekANewz (right?)
x 15 accounts
= 225 items of clothing (and innumerable page clicks)
1 cloud dress
2 cave shirts
2 diving helmets

In my case,
the odds of getting a rare piece of clothing is 1 in 45.
the percentage of rare clothing items is 2.2%
Or the ratio is 5 rare to 225 common (1/45).

In MysticZon's case,
the odds of getting a rare piece of clothing is 1 in 128
the percentage of rare clothing items is 0.78%
Or the ratio is 5 rare to 635 common (1/12.

I was 3x luckier than she. We are fortunate that we cull from so many accounts. I think Ganz needs to work on their idea of "rare".
AKD
Old 09-03-2011, 02:15 AM   #68

MysticZon is sweet stuff
MysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by AnotherKinzDad
15 days of PeekANewz (right?)
x 15 accounts
= 225 items of clothing (and innumerable page clicks)
1 cloud dress
2 cave shirts
2 diving helmets

In my case,
the odds of getting a rare piece of clothing is 1 in 45.
the percentage of rare clothing items is 2.2%
Or the ratio is 5 rare to 225 common (1/45).

In MysticZon's case,
the odds of getting a rare piece of clothing is 1 in 128
the percentage of rare clothing items is 0.78%
Or the ratio is 5 rare to 635 common (1/12.

I was 3x luckier than she. We are fortunate that we cull from so many accounts. I think Ganz needs to work on their idea of "rare".
AKD
What an interesting way to illustrate just how hard it was to get those three "rare" clothing items, AKD. Thanks for figuring that out.

On a sidenote, I would like to thank Ginger, the frog dressed as a wizard in the trading room on Wednesday, August 31st, who was more than fair when she traded her two Cave Explorer Tops and a Diving Helmet to me. We aren't allowed to say what we traded, but believe me, she didn't take advantage of the situation and we were both very happy with our trades. So Ginger, if you are a WI member and you find this post some day, thanks a great big bunch (from Amber, the Golden Retriever dressed in deluxe clothes) for being a super trader.

Last edited by MysticZon; 09-03-2011 at 02:22 AM..
MysticZon is offline Female
Old 09-03-2011, 09:49 PM   #69

webkinzmommy is a jewel in the roughwebkinzmommy is a jewel in the rough

View Post Originally Posted by MysticZon
I know, I know, the number 64 throws a lot of people off .... I don't normally have 64 accounts at my disposal, only 18 are actually mine. The others belong to friends and relatives who abandoned the game for various reasons and I'm only using them until the Hop Bunny extension period is over on March 3, 2012 ~ once you lose the ability to kinzpost, what else do you need them for ~ and 20 belong to a friend who is overseas and I'm "account sitting" until she gets back day after tomorrow. One of the reasons I cared so much if I got a second complete set of all three outfits was so that I could give one to her. Thanks to my efforts at WKN and in the trading rooms, I have three complete sets.
What is the Hop Bunny extension period you are referring to above? And why would you lost the ability to kinzpost? Just want to make sure I'm not missing something. Thanks.

Also, after diligently working this promotion with five accounts we never did get a complete outfit. Unlike the previous PAN that we only did with three accounts and still had one complete outfit of each type. This seems like it was a waste of time. Not sure I will do the future promotions. Also, my Webkinz Newz has been dated back to May for over a week now. So its not like when you're flipping through the monotonous pages that you even get to see anything current. I'm going to sell all those imcomplete outfit pieces. At least the kids can get some extra kinzcash.

Last edited by webkinzmommy; 09-03-2011 at 09:57 PM..
Old 09-04-2011, 12:00 AM   #70
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

Thanks so much to all who posted.
Webberlily is offline Female
Closed