Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > Inside Webkinz World > Collectorz Corner

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2010, 04:02 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

Webbylover is a jewel in the roughWebbylover is a jewel in the rough

Smile Which is the rarest???

Hi! Webby lover here, and I've got some wondering-ness on my mind! Ok, I've been on Webkinz for a very long time. I was even here when plumpy glasses were still in the wshop (though I never thought to buy them lol). Now if I'm correct, the glasses went retired in 2007, right? The same year the fuzzy pink bunny ears were given out at easter. Well when I'm in the clubhouse, I see people trying to pass them off as just as rare as the black which hat!!! Some people even wanted my Deer ears for them! So just out of curiousity, exactly how rare are they and why do people act like they're so rare? Thank you!
Webbylover is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2010, 04:20 PM   #2
ow! I'm a
Gift Guru

ohseven is the cats pajamas!ohseven is the cats pajamas!ohseven is the cats pajamas!ohseven is the cats pajamas!ohseven is the cats pajamas!ohseven is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: Which is the rarest???

Well, they have been retired since 2007, so I would imagine they are pretty rare. However, I would not think as rare as the bunny ears, since the bunny ears were only 1 per account.
ohseven is offline Female
Old 10-04-2010, 05:16 PM   #3
AquaWhaleMXW
StarrGazer has a spectacular aura about

I am not quite familiar with it, either. What I am guessing is that Plumpy glasses were on sale EARLIER that year and the bunny ears were later given out. Still, many people have more than one account, so they can get more then just one pair of ears.
StarrGazer is offline Female
Old 10-04-2010, 06:30 PM   #4
Webbiekinz1
Gift Guru

Webbiekinz rules the roostWebbiekinz rules the roostWebbiekinz rules the roostWebbiekinz rules the roostWebbiekinz rules the roostWebbiekinz rules the roostWebbiekinz rules the roostWebbiekinz rules the roostWebbiekinz rules the roostWebbiekinz rules the roostWebbiekinz rules the roostWebbiekinz rules the roost

I'm guessing plumpy glasses are more rare, simply because everyone got pink bunny ears, but only people who bought plumpy's glasses to put on their pet had them. Just like you, I was playing at the time they retired, but I didn't have any on my account because I didn't like them - amazing what retirement will do for an item
Webbiekinz is offline Female
Old 10-04-2010, 07:23 PM   #5
illiam has a bunny

Bindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of art
Bindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of art

I agree with Webbiekinz...just because people had access to them, doesn't mean that people actually went out and bought them. I know the last time clothes were retired, I had stockpiled a whole bunch, but I didn't end up having much of what was actually retired.

I think the reason people want to make the pink ears so "rare" is because they are similar to the white bunny ears, which are uber-rare! Just because the white ones are rare does not make the pink ones rare as well.

Personally, I think the plumpy glasses are much more rare than the pink bunny ears
Bindidog is offline Female
Old 10-04-2010, 08:36 PM   #6
Gifted

wowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a hero
wowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a hero

I really don't know.
Only people who logged on on Easter 2007 got the pink ears.
Only people who bought the Plumpy Glasses were able to have them.
I think it's a tie, but if I HAD to choose, I would say the glasses.
wowewe is offline Female
Old 10-05-2010, 04:02 AM   #7

Xma92fx flows towards the sea of knowledgeXma92fx flows towards the sea of knowledgeXma92fx flows towards the sea of knowledgeXma92fx flows towards the sea of knowledgeXma92fx flows towards the sea of knowledgeXma92fx flows towards the sea of knowledgeXma92fx flows towards the sea of knowledgeXma92fx flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by Webbylover
Hi! Webby lover here, and I've got some wondering-ness on my mind! Ok, I've been on Webkinz for a very long time. I was even here when plumpy glasses were still in the wshop (though I never thought to buy them lol). Now if I'm correct, the glasses went retired in 2007, right? The same year the fuzzy pink bunny ears were given out at easter. Well when I'm in the clubhouse, I see people trying to pass them off as just as rare as the black which hat!!! Some people even wanted my Deer ears for them! So just out of curiousity, exactly how rare are they and why do people act like they're so rare? Thank you!
I joined in August 2007, right before the glasses retired

Both the pink ears and the glasses are about the same rarity, the plumpy glasses are just more well liked.. Just like red lava is usually more sought after than the elephant statue and blue
dragster,but the red lava is waaaay more common... And honestly, I have seen
plumpy glasses traded for deer ears a few times.. Mostly because, as I mentioned before, the plumpy glasses are a very popular 07 item (probably 2nd most popular 07 item, only beaten by the Purple Lava) whereas the deer ears are generally one of the least sought after 06 items.. So in popularity, it evens out
The witch hat is way too much for the glasses though, the person is trying to scam you
Trade doesn't depend solely on rarity, but on demand too.. Plumpy glasses are just, for some reason, very high in demand among middle class traders

To everyone: Rarity is a very relative term among traders. If you trade on the right sites and have the right items.. Then your perception changes completely. Pink bunny ears and plumpy glasses are honestly quite common, but may seem rare if you don't trade up much or just don't trade in the right places. If you are a higher class trader,
you could even say that items such as red lavas, nutcrackers, and crafty critterz trophies are common (I once got 13 red lavas in two weeks to prove that point) It all
depends on where you trade and how much you have.. and just for future reference.. WebkinzInsider and the Trading Room aren't the only places to trade

Last edited by Xma92fx; 10-05-2010 at 04:15 AM..
Old 10-05-2010, 09:16 AM   #8
Swingstuff

Ballerina287 is sweet stuff
Ballerina287 is sweet stuffBallerina287 is sweet stuffBallerina287 is sweet stuffBallerina287 is sweet stuffBallerina287 is sweet stuff

Well, I started Webkinz in 2006, so I should know that, but I don't. I wish I could help you! My brother should know, though. I will let you know when I figure it out!
Ballerina287 is offline Female
Old 10-05-2010, 09:25 AM   #9
Gifted

FROGPRINCESS27 wows us all with wonderFROGPRINCESS27 wows us all with wonderFROGPRINCESS27 wows us all with wonderFROGPRINCESS27 wows us all with wonderFROGPRINCESS27 wows us all with wonderFROGPRINCESS27 wows us all with wonderFROGPRINCESS27 wows us all with wonderFROGPRINCESS27 wows us all with wonderFROGPRINCESS27 wows us all with wonder

i would say the glasses
FROGPRINCESS27 is offline Female
Old 10-06-2010, 06:16 AM   #10

Webbylover is a jewel in the roughWebbylover is a jewel in the rough

Thanks everyone! I'll remember everything the next time I go trading so I know wether or not I'm gonna be scammed!
Thank you thank you thank you!!!
Webbylover is offline Female
Closed

Tags
help webbylover