Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > General Discussion / Chat > Clubhouse, Kinzville Park

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2008, 10:13 AM   #11
Enabler? Me? :)
Gifted

JenC is a glorious beacon of lightJenC is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: "Trade Talk"

Honestly, they're just trying to protect us. That's what the GE is for, and why they're so strict about it. They've put a lot of work into creating a system that's safe and fair. Naturally they want to protect WI members from trades that aren't.

I have ROOMS of stuff waiting to be traded. (I went a little nuts with trading card purchases my first month on Webkinz. I'm starting the second month now, let's hope I'm a little more restrained!) I'm desperate to be gifted, but I'm willing to wait because I know it will worth it.
JenC is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2008, 10:15 AM   #12
Gifted

GreenLloyd is on a distinguished road

The owners, administrators and mods of this site do an incredible job of keeping things fun, happy and safe for everyone (especially the younger set) to participate. This site is not free to host, yet they provide it for free, only requesting donations, and they donate their money and time to running it.

I do not blame them one single bit if they decide not to institute a trading-room talk area that will require a ton of time monitoring.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:46 AM   #13
Gift Trainee

Hiro will become famous soon enough

Like I said before, I love that WI is a safe place and they try to keep it that way, but WI is gonna have to change just as WW changes to keep up with all the stuff, thats just the way it works. Looking for a mod to do the trading thread? well here I am, because I would love to see a Trading thread!! Also a lot of people that have all this stuff to trade are adults and not kids, they dont understand why they need so many posts and then have to go through all this stuff just to trade some virtual items.
Hiro is offline Female
Old 06-04-2008, 10:53 AM   #14
moving on
Gift Guru

chaotic is a splendid one to beholdchaotic is a splendid one to beholdchaotic is a splendid one to beholdchaotic is a splendid one to behold

well if you study the values guide you will find out if WI thinks its an even trade
chaotic is offline Female
Old 06-04-2008, 11:10 AM   #15
Enabler? Me? :)
Gifted

JenC is a glorious beacon of lightJenC is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by Hiro
Like I said before, I love that WI is a safe place and they try to keep it that way, but WI is gonna have to change just as WW changes to keep up with all the stuff, thats just the way it works. Looking for a mod to do the trading thread? well here I am, because I would love to see a Trading thread!! Also a lot of people that have all this stuff to trade are adults and not kids, they dont understand why they need so many posts and then have to go through all this stuff just to trade some virtual items.
With all of the VERY many posts about trades gone wrong in the Trading Room, I wouldn't promote it on WI if it were my site.

Like i said, I understand wanting to trade, and I'm an adult as well, but I totally respect the site owners for keeping their rules strict.
JenC is offline Female
Old 06-04-2008, 11:17 AM   #16
Gift Trainee

Hiro will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by JenC
With all of the VERY many posts about trades gone wrong in the Trading Room, I wouldn't promote it on WI if it were my site.

Like i said, I understand wanting to trade, and I'm an adult as well, but I totally respect the site owners for keeping their rules strict.
Well there already is a Trading section on WI called the Gift Exchange, the Trade Talk thread that I am suggesting would just be for talking about trades that are already completed, questions about the trading room, bad traders and an easier way to find out if something is a fair trade or not. There would be no trading allowed or talk of actually making a trade allowed on that certain thread. Its just that people are being very strict with this "Cant talk about any kind of trading" thing and people are gettin flagged because they asked a simple question about the trade they already made.
Hiro is offline Female
Old 06-04-2008, 12:51 PM   #17
Gift Guru

MommaB rules the roostMommaB rules the roostMommaB rules the roostMommaB rules the roostMommaB rules the roostMommaB rules the roostMommaB rules the roostMommaB rules the roostMommaB rules the roostMommaB rules the roostMommaB rules the roostMommaB rules the roostMommaB rules the roost

Hiro,
I totally understand what you are saying, but the bottom line, is having an area such as you are proposing would take a lot of time to moderate, and even with a Mod being on such a thread, there is still bound to be some people who will try to set up trades outside of the gift exchange. Which being a trainee you are aware is against WI rules.
and I will tell you, in the gift exchange, there are kids in there all of whom have met the requirements, and a very good portion of them are now guru's as well.

you can always post a question about the trading but I would suggest not saying someone is a bad trader, just because that person may not be on a forum , and therefore may not be aware there are places like WI that have a values system set in place kwim?
Old 06-04-2008, 03:47 PM   #18
Gifted
Rachljo22 is an unknown quantity at this point

View Post Originally Posted by Hiro
I just wanted to voice my opinion on the "trade talk is only allowed in the GE" situation. I think people need to calm down a little, I don't understand why someone cant come on here and post in the general section about a trade they made and if it was worth it or not, or a question about the tradinng room. I am not speaking from personal experience but I have visited a couple of threads where this has happened. Especially when you see someone is a new member (Lil Kinz)and they dont really know the rules yet, they werent asking to DO a trade, they were asking ABOUT a trade that was already made. People come on here, especially little kids and they come here because they think their webkinz question will get answered not because they want to become Gifted and make trades. What about the kids that simply have a trading question? They are not going to be able to get an answer because they are not Gifted? That just doesnt make any sense. I totally agree that no trades should me made outside of the GE but not talking about the trading room and trades that already happened? So anyway, to the people that like to wriite "trade talk in only allowed in the GE" Check to see if the person is a Lil Kinz, look at the question, is it about an actual trade or just a question about trading, if the person is a Lil Kinz and has a question about trading then answer the question and be on your way, if the person is a Lil Kinz and posted about wanting to trade, try PMing them first so they dont feel all ganged up on about asking a question they didnt know wasnt allowed. It just irks me because people need to stop forgetting that kids are on here and to them its a very important question, not one that can wait until they become a GT or Gifted to answer.
Very good points! I am new here and not able to access the gift area, so where am I to post my questions/brags?
Closed