Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > General Discussion / Chat > Clubhouse, Kinzville Park

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2010, 09:41 AM   #1
kmkotas
Gift Guru

kbabe342 wows us all with wonderkbabe342 wows us all with wonderkbabe342 wows us all with wonderkbabe342 wows us all with wonderkbabe342 wows us all with wonderkbabe342 wows us all with wonderkbabe342 wows us all with wonderkbabe342 wows us all with wonderkbabe342 wows us all with wonderkbabe342 wows us all with wonder

Default So I got reported...for basically no reason! Now what?

I was in the trading room just a little bit ago and I saw this Himalayan cat getting picked on by a Border Collie. I absolutely cannot stand to see people getting bullied in the clubhouse so I stood up for her. She thanked me and even added me as a friend. Well, we were talking for a little bit and we somehow got on the topic about school. I mentioned that I was in "big school" (college) and that I enjoyed playing Webkinz with my younger sister. This freaked her out and she reported me! Now what?! Am I going to get banned? I don't think I did anything wrong! OK, maybe I shouldn't have mentioned that I am a little bit older but there are so many adults that play Webkinz. It isn't just for little kids. I apologized repeatedly and told her I would leave the room, but she already disappeared before I could send the message. What do I do?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2010, 09:50 AM   #2
icked Awesome
Webkinz :)

Melissa30067 has a brilliant futureMelissa30067 has a brilliant futureMelissa30067 has a brilliant futureMelissa30067 has a brilliant futureMelissa30067 has a brilliant future

Default Re: So I got reported...for basically no reason! Now what?

sorry this happened to you- I think its silly how some of the smaller children freak out if you say your an adult or something I mean I get it if they dont want to talk to you they can just say so and you can each go your separate ways but to report you for it? I dont get that.

I mean its not like we adults try to talk about anything other than webkinz stuff in there and its not like you know who you are talking to or not- I think adults should be allowed to say they are adults so that we all can know "who" it is were talking to-

again sorry that happened and hopefully nothing will come of it.
Melissa30067 is offline Female
Old 09-24-2010, 09:54 AM   #3
kmkotas
Gift Guru

kbabe342 wows us all with wonderkbabe342 wows us all with wonderkbabe342 wows us all with wonderkbabe342 wows us all with wonderkbabe342 wows us all with wonderkbabe342 wows us all with wonderkbabe342 wows us all with wonderkbabe342 wows us all with wonderkbabe342 wows us all with wonderkbabe342 wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by Melissa30067
sorry this happened to you- I think its silly how some of the smaller children freak out if you say your an adult or something I mean I get it if they dont want to talk to you they can just say so and you can each go your separate ways but to report you for it? I dont get that.

I mean its not like we adults try to talk about anything other than webkinz stuff in there and its not like you know who you are talking to or not- I think adults should be allowed to say they are adults so that we all can know "who" it is were talking to-

again sorry that happened and hopefully nothing will come of it.

Yeah I don't know why some kids freak out that adults are on Webkinz either. I wasn't asking her any questions about her life or anything. I didn't ask for her age or her grade. I just mentioned that I was in college and this scared her! I feel terrible! Has this happened to you or anyone else on here?

But Luckily there was a very sweet Persian cat that was on my side. If you are reading this, THANK YOU! lol I forget her name but she was wearing a mushroom hat.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:58 AM   #4

thejabronisayz rocks our collective socksthejabronisayz rocks our collective socksthejabronisayz rocks our collective socksthejabronisayz rocks our collective socksthejabronisayz rocks our collective socksthejabronisayz rocks our collective socksthejabronisayz rocks our collective socksthejabronisayz rocks our collective socksthejabronisayz rocks our collective socks

I don't think you have anything to worry about. I have had very long conversations in the clubhouse with people about how I'm in "cool hedge" (college); I don't think that this would constitute "giving away personal information" or "dangerous online activity." It's not like you said what college you want to or where your college is located. Tons of people constantly talk about how they're in "school" or something, so I don't think this is a big deal. It's up to [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate] whether or not you will be banned, but in my opinion you should be fine.
thejabronisayz is offline Male
Old 09-24-2010, 09:59 AM   #5
kmkotas
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by thejabronisayz
I don't think you have anything to worry about. I have had very long conversations in the clubhouse with people about how I'm in "cool hedge" (college); I don't think that this would constitute "giving away personal information" or "dangerous online activity." It's not like you said what college you want to or where your college is located. Tons of people constantly talk about how they're in "school" or something, so I don't think this is a big deal. It's up to [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate] whether or not you will be banned, but in my opinion you should be fine.
LOL@ "cool hedge"! I spelled it "collage" and it went through. I really hope nothing happens.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:02 AM   #6
icked Awesome

Melissa30067 has a brilliant futureMelissa30067 has a brilliant futureMelissa30067 has a brilliant futureMelissa30067 has a brilliant futureMelissa30067 has a brilliant future

View Post Originally Posted by kbabe342
Yeah I don't know why some kids freak out that adults are on Webkinz either. I wasn't asking her any questions about her life or anything. I didn't ask for her age or her grade. I just mentioned that I was in college and this scared her! I feel terrible! Has this happened to you or anyone else on here?

But Luckily there was a very sweet Persian cat that was on my side. If you are reading this, THANK YOU! lol I forget her name but she was wearing a mushroom hat.
Ive had it happen to me (never reported mind you) but Ive had them freak out and I even had one start to say very mean things to me- I just left the room. Maybe [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate] should have like a colored dot above the pets head or something 1 color for kids and 1 color for adults - or make a separate KC+ area for adults only-

I even had one keep making the frowny crying faces and keep typing "scared" and I am thinking why??? bc I never usually even speak of anything other than webkinz related stuff. Of course I left so there were no issues but I tell ya if it were my kids I would teach them that isnt exactly how they should handle it.

Melissa30067 is offline Female
Old 09-24-2010, 10:09 AM   #7
kmkotas
Gift Guru

It's not like a random adult just walked up to a child on the street and said "hey wanna be friends?!". I could see how that would be CREEPY and would make the child think back to when their mother told them "don't talk to strangers". It's a WEBKINZ CHAT! I didn't ask for any personal info or anything. She just kept saying "omg!" "your scaring me!" "i'm reporting you!". She even asked why I am on Webkinz. I told her because I enjoy playing on there with my younger sister and I like decorating the rooms. She still kept saying "omg!".
Old 09-24-2010, 02:54 PM   #8

snowcrystal311 knows the way
snowcrystal311 knows the waysnowcrystal311 knows the way

aww i feel bad for you i have gotten reported a lot for no reason
snowcrystal311 is offline Female
Old 09-24-2010, 10:03 PM   #9
Malicia ♥

alleycat123 is a forum hero
alleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum hero

its not her/his fault that they got scared. maybe because all of their friends are kids? she/he may be like, 6 or ten or somethng and tey were scared, no need to be angry, kids get EALLY scared and report someone, then wish they could take it back later, its not like you were banned, right? then okay. she was just hypervenalating a little, got freaked out, and reported you. again, i'm sorry this happened. :/
alleycat123 is offline Female
Old 09-25-2010, 10:00 AM   #10
lps3cheese has disabled reputation

If they did report you, you don't need to worry. [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate] reviews each report sent, and if the report is unneccesary entirely, the reporter will get in trouble. So you're probably safe
lps3cheese is offline Female
Closed