Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > General Discussion / Chat > Clubhouse, Kinzville Park

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2008, 02:23 PM   #11
is smitchellicious
Gift Guru

smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!

Default Re: "Scammers" I'm stumped as how one can clasify a person to be a scammer.

Smart momma!!!
smitchell is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2008, 02:25 PM   #12
jmetree

Default Re: "Scammers" I'm stumped as how one can clasify a person to be a scammer.

View Post Originally Posted by smitchell
Absolutely not rude in the least and it was my fault for not paying closer attention. Which is why I said "I know better now". I will say, however, that I am an adult with a quite savvy trading record here on WI --- so I know the score but let my guard down. However, imagine this were my young daughter who did not know better? That the person willingly switched at the last minute does not say much for their ethics.

I believe they call that bait and switch do they not?

I understand what your saying but we as Parents need to teach or kids right from wrong and what to watch out for whether in real life or on the internet. I have 2 that play on WW and the oldest is allowed to trade cause I taught her what to watch for.. Basically to me what it boils down to is we as parents need to guide our children on a path for better. Unfortunately there's parents out there that could give a hoot less what there kids are doing :-(.. And as we've both seen there's lots of WW users poarents that choose the wrong path

Last edited by jmetree; 05-26-2008 at 02:28 PM..
Old 05-26-2008, 03:27 PM   #13
is smitchellicious
Gift Guru

smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!

Yeppers ... you are very correct!
smitchell is offline Female
Old 05-26-2008, 03:40 PM   #14
lotsofjoy
Gifted

lotsofjoy will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by PocketAces27
I tried that but when she walks in my office, she see's me doing it so she want's to. I did clean her doc of all rare items, left mostly food combos, fairy shirts, etc and she will log on and can only trade those items, this way she can't really lose anything I can't easily replace. She actually enjoys the "little food trades" when she ends up meeting up with another youngling.

OOooh! great idea... (goes to do that right now!)

Yesterday, I loaded up my dock with a bunch of recipe foods and PSFs so I have something cool to trade with the younglings. It's fun to see them JUMP on my flower fondue and flickering flame fajitas!
Old 05-26-2008, 04:51 PM   #15
Midna

They scam people,like replace it with a coupon or something wierd like an orange.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:23 PM   #16
Jason303
Gifted

Jason303 is on a distinguished road

Once someone tried too bait and switch me. It would of worked but I was reading about a bunch of scams and was paying very close atention. If your not paying very close atention it would be easy to do
Jason303 is offline Male
Old 05-26-2008, 09:20 PM   #17
kueble
Gift Trainee

Hey_Kate is an unknown quantity at this point

I think a lot of people classified as scammers are those who switch at the last minute trying to get people to accept bad trades. As long as you're watching carefully, then you won't get "scammed". A lot of people tried this "bait and switch" tactic on me, though. Thankfully I was paying attention. It may not be complete scamming, but it is pretty low-handed of the people doing it.
Hey_Kate is offline Female
Old 05-26-2008, 10:02 PM   #18
PocketAces27
Gift Guru

PocketAces27 is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by Midna
They scam people,like replace it with a coupon or something wierd like an orange.
It's not so much a scam as it is wrong of someone trying to take advantage of another person who may be "too quick to click", the best advice is to never click accept without looking to make sure BOTH sides are locked down. The first time you click Trade, there is a chance the person can pull an item back, switch it, and then click trade again all in a matter of seconds and you may miss that, but once you get to the second screen, it locks BOTH sides, be sure to take the time it gives you (up to 30 seconds I think) and verify the stuff you want is there, at that point (the second screen), they can not pull back so you can rest assured you will get what is shown, once you see that, then accept. That will make sure you don't the quick swicth off, just be patient, dont rush to click and if it looks too good to be true, it just might be. And if the rooms are not for you, look into getting a gifted here, it's a lot easier and you won't have to worry about not getting what you wanted
Old 05-26-2008, 11:28 PM   #19
Gift Guru

Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by smitchell
I told mine to stay out completely. If they want something to let mom know.
that is what mine have been told also. They also sit with me and we discuss the trades and fairness. It is funny to hear them say, you have to be kidding me a coupon for an exclusive, ummm no. Guess I talk to the traders .
Disneymum is offline Female
Closed