Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > General Discussion / Chat > Clubhouse, Kinzville Park

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2008, 08:08 AM   #11
kellyschrvr will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 
Default Re: Scammers Galore in the trading room--must be a special on them tonight!

You're charm candy and ribbon, according to the WIGEV
Charm Candy – Maybe worth 15 KC. Usually given away for free.
Chocolate Ribbon - 250 to 500

Their solar item:
Clothing 500 to 1000 each (Value to drop to 250 to 500 on September 15th.)
Solar Belt
Solar Shoes
Solar Slacks
Solar Jacket
Solar Helmet

That is really sad they tried switching things though People like that make me mad...

Apply to be gifted if you aren't

Last edited by kellyschrvr; 08-31-2008 at 08:11 AM..
kellyschrvr is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2008, 10:03 AM   #12
kathy/kasia
Webkinz :)

WebkinzRockzz climbs the tree of truthWebkinzRockzz climbs the tree of truthWebkinzRockzz climbs the tree of truthWebkinzRockzz climbs the tree of truthWebkinzRockzz climbs the tree of truth
WebkinzRockzz climbs the tree of truthWebkinzRockzz climbs the tree of truthWebkinzRockzz climbs the tree of truthWebkinzRockzz climbs the tree of truthWebkinzRockzz climbs the tree of truthWebkinzRockzz climbs the tree of truth

Default Re: Scammers Galore in the trading room--must be a special on them tonight!

Aww I'm sorry! Though, you didn't lose anything. Why do people need to be soo greedy? Thanks for the heads up, though.
WebkinzRockzz is offline Female
Old 08-31-2008, 10:05 AM   #13

Donation Award 

Ya, you have to watch out for those kinds and just go really slow...
Sometime the lag in the servers will cause the pictures to not change quickly too.. So you just have to go slowly and don't be too eager There are people that will take advantage of that all
Old 08-31-2008, 12:48 PM   #14
Diabetes Awareness

gma2r is an unparalleled talent
gma2r is an unparalleled talentgma2r is an unparalleled talentgma2r is an unparalleled talentgma2r is an unparalleled talentgma2r is an unparalleled talentgma2r is an unparalleled talentgma2r is an unparalleled talentgma2r is an unparalleled talentgma2r is an unparalleled talentgma2r is an unparalleled talent

View Post Originally Posted by fluffrnuttr
I wanted to add....PINK PONK was the user name---not the snow white part. SNOW WHITE was the pet---so, it showed up as PIN with SNOW WHITE in the club house.

After we were done, (luckily, having quickly done the friend request, writing down the info, and deleting the name), they EXITED the clubhouse. After they were deleted from my friends, they did try to invite me to dice kinz though.....interesting.

Thanks motherkinz....I wonder if it really is just me, but I think the scammers are out in full force because of all the glitches going on in the world of webkinz, and they know how to exploit them---like how the room or the trade locks up, and how new people, new items, or just....watching while no chat plus is going on. Preying on people that can not get to chat plus or WAIT until chat plus is open again, or they got banned from there perhaps?

Since I know there are so many other people getting the similar horrible luck, I know it unfortunately is happening way too often. Too bad ganz won't make it stop.

fluffrnuttr

and they SAID their trading room was going to be SAFE.......

I have dealt with this trader (who has multiple pets) and you are absolutely right. And yes, those who are trying to take advantage seem to be out in full force. I feel discouraged when I see it happen time and again. I have had to click out of so many trades it is not funny. I even had someone try this for a recipe food!!!! I was shocked that they would stoop so low. Thanks you for the heads up. They are not even expensive though it takes kc and time to make them but thisperson tried to trade something even lower in value and that is hard to do.

Thanks for your method of finding the full name. That would never have occured to me.
gma2r is offline Female
Old 08-31-2008, 02:56 PM   #15
I am so...
Gift Guru

diamondsrock133 is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by fluffrnuttr
Hi Diamonds---

I guess all the scammers are thinking we are having a HOLIDAY SALE!!

WOW!!

The sales they thought I was having......lol.

fluffrnuttr

---------- fluffrnuttr added 1 Minutes and 39 Seconds later ----------

ps---did you notice it didn't matter if you switched rooms or colors, there seemed to be THAT many of them?

well, I have to log off and get some sleep.....6 am comes awful early on the east coast......AWFUL early since YIKES !! it is after 1 already!!

chat again tomorrow!!

Oh my goodness I know!!! They're seemed to be like at least 3 in every room! I kept having to switch rooms every 5 mins. cuz it got to much to handle Lol I'm glad you brought this to ppls attention! They should watch out in there..its not as safe as GANZ makes it sound
diamondsrock133 is offline Female
Old 08-31-2008, 03:04 PM   #16
I Want a Caffeinated

junomouse will become famous soon enough

In Kinzchat PLUS I hate when somebody offers like a shirt and they say "I like SUper Beds" and that is not fair....You reject their small item and they take it down and put it back up again! Argh! If they do that ONE time i cancel the trade with them, you know they are not out for good intentions, and I would only do that kind of trade with a real life best friend.

I have yet to be jipped like this, thanks for letting us know.
junomouse is offline Female
Old 08-31-2008, 03:06 PM   #17

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by junomouse
In Kinzchat PLUS I hate when somebody offers like a shirt and they say "I like SUper Beds" and that is not fair....You reject their small item and they take it down and put it back up again! Argh! If they do that ONE time i cancel the trade with them, you know they are not out for good intentions, and I would only do that kind of trade with a real life best friend.

I have yet to be jipped like this, thanks for letting us know.

LOL, that is funny.. "I want a superbed!" "Here is an apple and 2 carrots for it!"

Sad, but funny in a sad sad way
Old 08-31-2008, 03:19 PM   #18
diamondriggs
Gifted

diamondriggs is an unknown quantity at this point

I am fully convinced there is a glitch in the clubhouse that people are using to exploit others. I wrote a detailed explanation of how I think it works somewhere in this section of the forum. There is often a visual delay in what we see on the screen vs. what people have switched out for items. I highly recommend waiting until the very last second to accept a trade so WW has a chance to 'catch up' and update visually what you see on the screen in the event items were switched out by another user. I think there are people who are aware of this and just go around from person to person hoping another person's screen won't show what is really there so people click and accept trades that were not really agreed upon. I am pretty convinced that this is what is going on and was afraid to write about it for fear people would exploit it more, but I think it's best that people are aware of glitches that people could be using to take advantage of others so that they can trade as safely as they can in the clubhouse.
diamondriggs is offline Female
Old 08-31-2008, 03:22 PM   #19

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by diamondriggs
I am fully convinced there is a glitch in the clubhouse that people are using to exploit others. I wrote a detailed explanation of how I think it works somewhere in this section of the forum. There is often a visual delay in what we see on the screen vs. what people have switched out for items. I highly recommend waiting until the very last second to accept a trade so WW has a chance to 'catch up' and update visually what you see on the screen in the event items were switched out by another user. I think there are people who are aware of this and just go around from person to person hoping another person's screen won't show what is really there so people click and accept trades that were not really agreed upon. I am pretty convinced that this is what is going on and was afraid to write about it for fear people would exploit it more, but I think it's best that people are aware of glitches that people could be using to take advantage of others so that they can trade as safely as they can in the clubhouse.
Yes, I agree w/ you

Sometime my webkinz will move sooo slow or take forever to catch up to what I'm actually saying or where I'm moving too.. Then you have to think, the pictures and what they have up must have to "catch up" also....
Lots of lag on their servers, and yes those scammers will take full advantage of that...
Old 08-31-2008, 03:50 PM   #20
(⊃。•́‿•̀。)⊃-☆゚.*・。
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by diamondriggs
Basically, from what I can gather you are saying..is do the same as they do on eBay...about 5 seconds before the bid time is up, just press that button and get it out from under their feet. Like they don't know what hit them.
Dixiecup is offline Female
Closed